Author Topic: Josh Sierra in "I Heart Skateboarding"  (Read 5135 times)

_aminal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -8
  • win some, lose most.
Josh Sierra in "I Heart Skateboarding"
« on: November 02, 2013, 02:35:10 PM »
dudes beast! stoked to see homies getting shine  ;D

Josh Sierra in "I Heart Skateboarding"

Ed's impossibles are like gonzs kickflips....

PistachiYo

• Rep: 14
Re: Josh Sierra in "I Heart Skateboarding"
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 02:58:43 PM »
ENDR IS FUKD!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 03:00:45 PM by PistachiYo »

captainfalcon69

• Rep: 15
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 05:08:09 PM »
WOW :o dat bigflip

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 05:17:57 PM »
Between the pjs and the smooth style reminds me a little of Trapasso.

Phosphoresence

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 06:36:14 PM »

fo sho. dude is legit.

cornholio

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 10:34:44 PM »
Holy shit that was amazing

just visiting

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 12:56:29 AM »
Its unfortunate that Thrasher has started to post such irrelevant skateboarding such as this. It seems like every week now they throw up some poorly made homie part alongside established professional content. Hes obviously a talented skateboarder or whatever. Save this one for hellaclips.

Charles Smith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2013, 01:01:35 AM »
Quote from: just visiting  link=topic=74081.msg2024643#msg2024643 date=1383465389
Its unfortunate that Thrasher has started to post such irrelevant skateboarding such as this. It seems like every week now they throw up some poorly made homie part alongside established professional content. Hes obviously a talented skateboarder or whatever. Save this one for hellaclips.

thanks! byeeeeeeeee!

this part is rad.

nylin

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2013, 01:40:10 AM »
The line with the fakie flip fakie manual over the flat gap was so fucking sick. Ender was perfect too.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2013, 09:29:33 AM »
Quote from: just visiting  link=topic=74081.msg2024643#msg2024643 date=1383465389

i agree with you to an extent in that thrasher posts a lot of boring and mediocre parts but this was far from one of those. this guy rips and has great style. that was a great part.

Expand Quote
[close]

fo sho. dude is legit.

i thought of trapasso too.

just visiting

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2013, 10:16:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i agree with you to an extent in that thrasher posts a lot of boring and mediocre parts but this was far from one of those. this guy rips and has great style. that was a great part.

There is no denying he is a really good skateboarder.
I just feel with Thrasher being the leading content provider that it is, maybe there should be a bit more standards when it comes to overall production of what they are posting. This video is poorly filmed and put together. And there is about 2 minutes of footage that didnt really need to be seen.
I understand that its a part taken from a homie video. But just because there is a bigflip down a famous triple set at the end of 5 minutes doesnt necessarily mean it should get thrown up on thrasher. Im only using this video as an example. There has been plenty of content up there that has me wondering.

_aminal

• win some, lose most.
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2013, 10:23:49 AM »
Quote from: just visiting  link=topic=74081.msg2024775#msg2024775 date=1383502619
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I just feel with Thrasher being the leading content provider that it is, maybe there should be a bit more standards when it comes to overall production of what they are posting. This video is poorly filmed and put together. And there is about 2 minutes of footage that didnt really need to be seen.
I understand that its a part taken from a homie video. But just because there is a bigflip down a famous triple set at the end of 5 minutes doesnt necessarily mean it should get thrown up on thrasher. Im only using this video as an example. There has been plenty of content up there that has me wondering.

whoa dude, iras filming and editing is on point. lets see your 2 minutes of throwaway.

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2013, 12:23:59 PM »
Quote from: just visiting  link=topic=74081.msg2024775#msg2024775 date=1383502619
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

whoa dude, iras filming and editing is on point. lets see your 2 minutes of throwaway.
animal you are suck a fucking jock. off yourself

i completely agree with just visiting( i thought the same while half way threw the part)

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2013, 12:53:01 PM »
people complaining about free footage, entitled much? if you dont want to see joe blow's parts, then dont watch any with names you dont recognize. tons of people just want to watch new/different people skate, regardless of whether is the best part that month or w/e
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2013, 01:11:24 PM »
That back tail 270 shove it to forward was SMOOTH! I loved the lines in this video.

Being short is the motorcycle of life.

_aminal

• win some, lose most.
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2013, 02:00:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
animal you are suck such a fucking jock. off yourself

i completely agree with just visiting( i thought the same while half way threw the part)

pls explain? i know skateboarding isnt all about footages and coverage, but for someone to complain about a part to watch for free being too long is enough for me to ask "hey wheres yr free 2 minutes of footage?"

witty pseudonym

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2013, 02:30:56 PM »
    That part was fucking sick.  It is awesome that Thrasher is posting quality skateboarding from lesser-knowns, and not just overproduced video-parts from LA that required a filming permit.  Not every part put out has to "revolutionize" skateboarding by adding an extra flip or step, it is about fun after all.  Any critics can post something better or shut the hell up.  

Could you please explain exactly what qualifies skateboarding to be relevant? 
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 02:41:26 PM by witty pseudonym »

_aminal

• win some, lose most.
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2013, 03:02:28 PM »
    That part was fucking sick.  It is awesome that Thrasher is posting quality skateboarding from lesser-knowns, and not just overproduced video-parts from LA that required a filming permit.  Not every part put out has to "revolutionize" skateboarding by adding an extra flip or step, it is about fun after all.  Any critics can post something better or shut the hell up.  

Expand Quote
[close]

this

just visiting

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2013, 11:45:37 PM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

this

Maybe irrelevant was a harsh choice of words. I mean to say that Thrasher can do better. And should do better. This kid is obviously good. But parts like this get put out all day long in every corner of the globe. I want to be really excited when i tune into their site. I just dont want to have to start sifting through thrasher like i do every other skateboard video outlet.
Maybe i just need a little more then some plaid sleep pants and foot high school yard ledges to get excited about someones skateboarding.
Its not even THIS part in particular. He shreds. I just think thrasher shouldn't post these homies parts is all.
And the last thing im asking for is mental rail moves or anything like that. Just some genuine flavour!

A.A

• Rep: -52
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2013, 02:57:06 AM »
The fakie flip over the gap to manny!

And that ended was mind blowing
Twin Perks

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2013, 06:56:56 AM »
i felt like he was trying to go for the old trapasso vibes a bit but he definitely rips and came out of no where with some tech ledge shit which was surprising. also that front big he does off the side walk bump where he landed way to far on the nose but still rode away smooth was sick

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2013, 09:08:30 AM »
Josh is rad and a very good skater.

However, someone should have done the dude a favor and chopped this down a bit. A re-edit could really make Josh shine the way he should, this was in fact, just a bit too long.

Looking forward to his next part.
I need a coffee

Patey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2013, 04:09:05 PM »
bunch a critics, this was awesome

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2013, 05:06:23 PM »
That kanye gif is classic it's so good

towerofcheeseandpotatoes

• Rep: -27
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2013, 09:47:18 PM »
Quote from: just visiting  link=topic=74081.msg2025095#msg2025095 date=1383551137
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

this
[close]

Maybe irrelevant was a harsh choice of words. I mean to say that Thrasher can do better. And should do better. This kid is obviously good. But parts like this get put out all day long in every corner of the globe. I want to be really excited when i tune into their site. I just dont want to have to start sifting through thrasher like i do every other skateboard video outlet.
Maybe i just need a little more then some plaid sleep pants and foot high school yard ledges to get excited about someones skateboarding.
Its not even THIS part in particular. He shreds. I just think thrasher shouldn't post these homies parts is all.
And the last thing im asking for is mental rail moves or anything like that. Just some genuine flavour!

I tend to enjoy the unsponsored videos more then the little clips the big companies put out these days.  gx1000, sf treat, sasquatch,... so many good ones that thrasher was nice enough to give a sneak peak at so that people might actually order a dvd and help the people putting this stuff out.