Author Topic: Shoes you wish were still made  (Read 11831 times)

cletus the slack jawed yokel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 7
  • big money big cars!
Re: Shoes you wish were still made
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2013, 09:11:28 AM »

best shoe i ever skated i have soooooo many pairs of this fuckers
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 09:13:39 AM by cletus the slack jawed yokel »

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2013, 10:33:01 AM »

best shoe i ever skated i have soooooo many pairs of this fuckers
I shit you not I gave an unworn pair of these to charity a few months back. Was given them by a Vans flow rider, I'd had them for so many years and they were just too small no matter how much I tried to stretch them out.

sweat stains

• Rep: 33
  • slap sux
    • Shady Griptape avatar image
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2013, 01:30:00 PM »

i wouldnt buy anything else if they still made this shoe. it is easily the best shoe ive had performance/comfort/looks
These are all over eBay, pretty cheap too.
damn those yarys bout those squats

SpudFaceKillah

• Rep: -5
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2013, 02:07:53 PM »
Expand Quote
I could name so many shoes I wish were still in production but mostly for me it's colourways.

I regret not getting this original busenitz colourway when it first came out

Also this janoski colourway (I don't know about the US but in the UK hipsters have ruined janoskis

[close]
Nearly every time I'm on the tube I'll see some Dalston hipster wearing Janoski's and I'll glance at both shoes and sure enough no griptape marks anywhere to be seen bu they're faded from wear. This is what happens when Nike Town starts selling them. Plus I've noticed a few "not quite Janoski" styles Nikes in the window of Footlocker and Jd Sports.

Spot on man, where im living its got to the extent to which 12 year old girls are wearing them. I know the not quite Janoskis you're on about pretty sure they're called the "satire"

Man

« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2013, 03:56:48 PM »

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 379
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2013, 04:15:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
They're weird looking but I remember seeing them at the skate shop as a kid and they were only shoes priced at $125.

[close]
i loved those ellingtons. Best looking and performing shoe for the time IMO. I had the all brown ones, black and white leather, and all black ones. I even bought a pair when they switched the shoe over to Supra. Something about the Supras weren't right though. The premium suede blew out in under a week and this was a time in my life where skate shoes lasted at least a month and a half to two months

I always wanted the Vans Mountain Editions when they came out. The high tops looked sick, and the low tops even sicker. The rowley slims were amazing once you got past the heel blisters/the back of your heel rubbing raw from the oddly placed suede piece. What was the name of that
last Jim Greco Vans shoe that looked like a loafer with a cupsole? Those were awesome

[close]

Yea, I had the emerica elligtons in brown, also had the supra ones, which were basically the same shoe, with a supra logo, I know what u mean about the supra ones, they were off in a way. The Greco shoes your talking about, were called the "escobars" I had them in that weird green/black leather color way, they were actually really good for skating.

I couldn't tell too much of a difference between the Emerica and Supra ones, but that was so long ago that I can't really remember too well.  I liked both though.  And I was upset that I wasn't able to get the Double E's in that colorway.  I had the black/white/black ones.

I loved these shoes:

I just cut out the extra stuffing from the tongue.  I blew out my first pair and tried a pair of etnies Taylors and bought a second pair of AV3s as soon as I could.  I was pissed that they took them out of production by the time I needed another pair.  The sole was great too.  It was a perfect mix between cup and vulc.  I don't know why Vans doesn't use it on more shoes.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2013, 05:44:46 PM »

THESE.  Fallen was supposed to reissue them as the "1995" or something like that.  They were in a catalog and everything but never actually came out.

flapJack

• Rep: 30
  • if you want our remorse,turn your body to a corpse
« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2013, 05:57:42 AM »
I remember seeing those 95s for sale. Forgot about these Relapses (Fallen Lynx)

Yu Dum

« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2013, 02:19:44 PM »

Always wanted a pair of these. Regret not buying them when they were out.

Also, the original black/gum Manchesters.

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2013, 05:35:53 PM »

Always wanted a pair of these. Regret not buying them when they were out.

Also, the original black/gum Manchesters.
might have your size here:
http://www.sublimityboardshop.com/products/lakai-manchester-xlk

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2013, 05:55:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
They're weird looking but I remember seeing them at the skate shop as a kid and they were only shoes priced at $125.

[close]
i loved those ellingtons. Best looking and performing shoe for the time IMO. I had the all brown ones, black and white leather, and all black ones. I even bought a pair when they switched the shoe over to Supra. Something about the Supras weren't right though. The premium suede blew out in under a week and this was a time in my life where skate shoes lasted at least a month and a half to two months

I always wanted the Vans Mountain Editions when they came out. The high tops looked sick, and the low tops even sicker. The rowley slims were amazing once you got past the heel blisters/the back of your heel rubbing raw from the oddly placed suede piece. What was the name of that
last Jim Greco Vans shoe that looked like a loafer with a cupsole? Those were awesome

[close]

Yea, I had the emerica elligtons in brown, also had the supra ones, which were basically the same shoe, with a supra logo, I know what u mean about the supra ones, they were off in a way. The Greco shoes your talking about, were called the "escobars" I had them in that weird green/black leather color way, they were actually really good for skating.
[close]

I couldn't tell too much of a difference between the Emerica and Supra ones, but that was so long ago that I can't really remember too well.  I liked both though.  And I was upset that I wasn't able to get the Double E's in that colorway.  I had the black/white/black ones.

I loved these shoes:

I just cut out the extra stuffing from the tongue.  I blew out my first pair and tried a pair of etnies Taylors and bought a second pair of AV3s as soon as I could.  I was pissed that they took them out of production by the time I needed another pair.  The sole was great too.  It was a perfect mix between cup and vulc.  I don't know why Vans doesn't use it on more shoes.

the mountain editions was a good shoe but they were kinda heavy tho it hurt my knees trying to pick those up

Mat

• Rep: -14
« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2013, 10:00:23 PM »
I remember seeing those 95s for sale. Forgot about these Relapses (Fallen Lynx)

did these come out when DC still had a stake in Fallen?

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2013, 11:38:10 PM »
I could see myself still skating in the first No Skools.

Shoes I didn't get to try but would like to? Emerica MJs, Koston 2s and Rowley Slims.

Wasn't a fan of those AV cupsoles. Stiff and crumbling sole.

QUIT SINNIN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • PATSY
« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2013, 12:20:21 AM »
The 'es Edgar.

End thread.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2013, 08:44:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I loved these shoes:

[close]

the mountain editions was a good shoe but they were kinda heavy tho it hurt my knees trying to pick those up
I had a pair of the mountain editions, they looked pretty cool but I never really enjoyed skating them to be honest.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2013, 09:35:48 AM »
Vans should give the J-Lay the Rowley pro lite treatment and release them. The J-Lay was a pretty underrated shoe, but not as underrated as Dollins last shoe.

ol dirty bama

• Rep: 9
« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2013, 04:07:00 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I always wanted the Vans Mountain Editions when they came out. The high tops looked sick, and the low tops even sicker. The rowley slims were amazing once you got past the heel blisters/the back of your heel rubbing raw from the oddly placed suede piece. What was the name of that last Jim Greco Vans shoe that looked like a loafer with a cupsole? Those were awesome

i loved the Rowley Slims too, Fork. they sat in my closet from 2005 until 2011, until i finally skated them. i hated that suede piece in the heel, but that shoe might be the best i've ever had.
you win some, you lose more.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2013, 12:05:06 AM »
I think I was the only person who liked the adidas Silas pro, but I loved these shoes.

Your not alone, i had a couple of pairs of these, still got a pair i cant bring myself to skate cause i like them so much

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2013, 04:16:31 AM »
AXION mariano:
This colorway. I had 'em when I was around 16 years old. Very hard to fin around here and I had to get them through a dude who was sponsored by them back then...

DC rudy Johnson:
Simple. I still like this shoe. I'd still rock them.

DC LYNX:
I went nuts when these came out. They shoud make these. Exactly the same, no adapted versions. Just THIS.

DUFFS KCK's

And last but not least:

few123456789

• Rep: -87
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2013, 04:42:27 AM »
I think I was the only person who liked the adidas Silas pro, but I loved these shoes.
I actually have a pair of these left (same color) that I never skated in and still wear them all the time.  Great shoes and good for skating too.  They were kind of expensive though and they don't sell them by me.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2013, 11:35:04 AM »
i would be cool if vans made a updated version of the cab 4 this was a good shoe

_aminal

• Rep: -8
  • win some, lose most.
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2013, 11:42:41 AM »
not a bad thread tracer, some good shoe nostalgia right here.

damn i'm really missing that ellington shoe. i had that red and grey color way but had the grey and blue ones too. damn i miss that shoe.

nydoggular do you remember a few years ago when the manchester was being found in marshalls and ross stores for $25-30? shit was insane.

i wish they still made the slip on pros so bad.

Ed's impossibles are like gonzs kickflips....

nylin

« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2013, 12:04:04 PM »

nydoggular do you remember a few years ago when the manchester was being found in marshalls and ross stores for $25-30? shit was insane.

Yep every Ross and Last Chance around here had pairs of the black/gum Manchesters. Scooped up as many as I could.

soccer mom

« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2013, 07:57:53 PM »
Loved the Rowley Specials although they needed a bit of super glue on the seams. They had a wider toe box which was awesome. And the ad with Geoff doing that ollie over those shipping containers stacked 3 or 4 high was bonkers

« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 08:00:18 PM by soccer mom »

Energy Turtle

• Rep: 15
« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2013, 08:49:02 PM »
whatever shoe Bastien skated a bunch in the lordz video. either the xl2 or xlt.
I know they re-released the rowley pro, but they're not the same. I still have a pair from 2001 and the tongue is different
Dc kalis 1 black gum sole. can't find a pic though

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #85 on: December 05, 2013, 04:40:50 AM »

Some of my early favourites - along with the MJ1 and one of Tyrone Olson's Osiris shoes that I couldn't find. I loved the skate shoe era when they were hideous and bulky but before the ridiculously fat/tech phase really took off. Although I probably wouldn't wear them now.

Loose Trucks Saved My Life

• Rep: -1
« Reply #86 on: December 05, 2013, 06:04:09 AM »
I could name so many shoes I wish were still in production but mostly for me it's colourways.

I regret not getting this original busenitz colourway when it first came out

I had these and they were fucking perfect. I made a top ten list a while back. I really miss the Trooper from Fallen. I never had a pair of the MJ II, but I think it's time for a reissue.

dgus138

• Rep: 7
    • Plains Hardware avatar image
« Reply #87 on: December 05, 2013, 07:15:43 AM »
Posted these a while ago in another thread about old shoes.

or

Frosty178

• Rep: 6
« Reply #88 on: December 05, 2013, 09:43:42 AM »
There was a Circa Muska shoe I really wanted when I was younger. It was white/red. The red went right over the toes. But I can't find a name or picture. Any ideas?

Loose Trucks Saved My Life

• Rep: -1
« Reply #89 on: December 05, 2013, 01:24:38 PM »
There was a Circa Muska shoe I really wanted when I was younger. It was white/red. The red went right over the toes. But I can't find a name or picture. Any ideas?

Was it these?