Author Topic: Ben Kadow Five Favorite Parts Quartersnacks  (Read 4123 times)

frontsideNECKTIE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 190
  • Precision Posture
Re: Ben Kadow Five Favorite Parts Quartersnacks
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2024, 11:36:53 PM »
that dylan. part reminds me why i love skateboarding

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 970
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2024, 08:28:43 AM »
Daddy gave me a name....

That's low key my favorite BK part. I would do anything I could to reedit it with silence tho
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2024, 08:35:32 AM »
gatekeeping bands is just weird. You don’t want the bands to have more people liking their music? Would the bands be happy you gatekept them? I think the worst part about it is that this fool is like 30

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2024, 08:53:52 AM »
With all that being said, I’m assuming that Jenkem Mix you did with all country music was a joke?

(laughs) It would’ve been great! But yeah that was for sure tongue-in-cheek. I actually do like all those songs though, but I knew what they were expecting of me and I was still very prime with angst. I spent so much of my teenage years on all these cutty blogs looking for new and obscure bands that nobody knew about, I just wasn’t down to give any of that away to a bunch of skaters that probably don’t care. I know it comes off snotty and annoying but it’s just a personal thing. They actually never posted it, they had hit me back up when I sent it and they were just like “What’s this? Let us know when you want to be serious and want to make a hardcore list” and I was like aight see ya (laughs). I ended up posting that a couple years later on Instagram.

source: https://heckride.com/f/ben-kadow
Jenkem not posting a country mix just because it isn't what they expected from someone is a total coward move. Just post it, who cares if it isn't hardcore?

Also, it's fine to gatekeep music. If you enjoy going to see your favorite band play $8 shows to 20 people, why would you want to ruin a good thing by putting them on blast? When bands blow up they have to play lame venues with expensive beers and a stupid crowd. Fuck that.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2024, 08:59:30 AM »
gatekeeping bands is just weird. You don’t want the bands to have more people liking their music? Would the bands be happy you gatekept them? I think the worst part about it is that this fool is like 30

I think the issue is bands don't wanna fuck with the bland.  Otherwise everyone would be skating to better more underground shit.

Look at like hstreet and Tim Armstrong. No body remembered Op Ivy right. The band was long gone. Like 5 people out here knew them before Hstreet. Very underground shit. We got a hold of it and everyone was going who's that band how did you find it andis there more..
People like to think Ransid's success is because of op ivy. I'd argue that Ransid's success is because of us. I would say they owe.

Tim has never ever admitted this I don't think. Mike T brought us the beastie boys return to their roots too.

They gave the credit to Spike but I remember the timeline of events. Bbs owe skating too. Not just one skater all of us. They should all do a skatepark tour but keep it quiet by playing under an assumed name.

You ever think about what pro skater would be good band mates?

I'd like to see Dane B with a mic in his hand. I think he could be hiding a crazy talent for screaming over extremely fast music.

I'm mean look at Andrew Cannon. We like to poke fun at him but there's nothing funny about what he did for NHS and what he does on stage.

I wanna band with more skaters. We could create a sub sub sub culture label and make art of all genres under one flag.

Give it away for free
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2024, 09:04:32 AM »
Just so y'all know I like Ben. I think he's sick. That psychedelic fast core band I can't remember was an excellent choice of song. I think they was from jersey
(A)pl(E)

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2024, 09:24:58 AM »
Expand Quote
With all that being said, I’m assuming that Jenkem Mix you did with all country music was a joke?

(laughs) It would’ve been great! But yeah that was for sure tongue-in-cheek. I actually do like all those songs though, but I knew what they were expecting of me and I was still very prime with angst. I spent so much of my teenage years on all these cutty blogs looking for new and obscure bands that nobody knew about, I just wasn’t down to give any of that away to a bunch of skaters that probably don’t care. I know it comes off snotty and annoying but it’s just a personal thing. They actually never posted it, they had hit me back up when I sent it and they were just like “What’s this? Let us know when you want to be serious and want to make a hardcore list” and I was like aight see ya (laughs). I ended up posting that a couple years later on Instagram.

source: https://heckride.com/f/ben-kadow
[close]
Jenkem not posting a country mix just because it isn't what they expected from someone is a total coward move. Just post it, who cares if it isn't hardcore?

Also, it's fine to gatekeep music. If you enjoy going to see your favorite band play $8 shows to 20 people, why would you want to ruin a good thing by putting them on blast? When bands blow up they have to play lame venues with expensive beers and a stupid crowd. Fuck that.

Was probably more that they could tell they were being put on and didn't want to participate in the bit

kook1234

• Rep: 120
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2024, 12:36:27 PM »
Expand Quote
personally had duff canceled since his choice of words way back when. totally off my radar. fast forward to 2018 and thought Ben k was being edgy having him in his blessed
[close]

Probably because they’re friends and he’s an edgy guy?
Doubt Duffman ever recovered after you personally cancelled him

did your mouth ever recover from being attached to duffmans log?

Troubadour26

• Rep: 60
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2024, 12:59:15 PM »
I just rewatched that Triple Backflip part, this motherfucker is so good. His 360° flips have a lot of power that isn’t too common. The Pappalardo inspiration he explains makes sense. He just finds impossible shit to skate. Love this dude.

and the hate in this thread seems excessive, he’s literally admitting to not giving Jenkem a playlist that they would expect being lame of him, which isn’t a big deal in the first place. The lamest part of this story is that they chose not to run his country mix.

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2024, 01:01:53 PM »
I just rewatched that Triple Backflip part, this motherfucker is so good. His 360° flips have a lot of power that isn’t too common. The Pappalardo inspiration he explains makes sense. He just finds impossible shit to skate. Love this dude.

and the hate in this thread seems excessive, he’s literally admitting to not giving Jenkem a playlist that they would expect being lame of him, which isn’t a big deal in the first place. The lamest part of this story is that they chose not to run his country mix.

what kind of hate? the responses seem pretty positive

Denim Pizza

• Rep: -105
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2024, 02:16:16 PM »
I’d personally rather watch the Fully Flared version of that Pop part but I agree that the skating is great

https://youtu.be/iZX0r_OKe1g?feature=shared

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2024, 04:16:10 PM »
It's all about that board slide with the knob at the end. I'll never stop thinking about that shit. Way to make classic tricks hang in the modern era.
(A)pl(E)

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2024, 04:09:48 PM »
He's still pro?

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2024, 04:15:00 PM »
It's all about that board slide with the knob at the end. I'll never stop thinking about that shit. Way to make classic tricks hang in the modern era.
(A)pl(E)