Author Topic: "Skateboarder" Helps Kill a Waymo  (Read 3288 times)

Magnolia

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 412
  • She/They
Re: "Skateboarder" Helps Kill a Waymo
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2024, 11:30:19 AM »
Vandalizing a driverless car is kinda like beating up a disabled kid.

San Francisco is a proving ground for a couple self driving taxi companies and they've caused some real issues. One company was withholding evidence of crashes they'd been involved in, and there was one instance where self-driving cars blocked an ambulance from getting to someone and they died.

Someone was killed by a self driving Uber years ago in my town and it's a shame that there hasn't been more pushback against them
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1481
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2024, 12:41:21 PM »
Crail pioneered the skaterless skateboard just for a skit.

Ninj2

• Rep: -38
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2024, 03:38:58 PM »
 I hope this becomes a trend in 2024. When a robot takes your job what you gonna do? Ride  edgelord and listen to a drake?hell no. I知 riding old firm boards and  I知 beating that robot ass. I知 listing to can.

Ninj2

• Rep: -38
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2024, 03:40:56 PM »
I知 getting cool  in the pool
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PBg-ukRUJuQ

Garbage Collector

• Rep: 4
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2024, 05:00:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Driverless cars are fucking stupid shoutout to him.
[close]
AI can suck my dick too

careful what you wish for

SLACKERPARTY

• Rep: 24
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2024, 08:16:29 PM »
jus remember ai will remember all this shit

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2024, 10:09:48 AM »
Thats muska, he forgot his boombox

And his drunken racist tirades!

lurkluke

• Rep: 162
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2024, 10:51:38 PM »
Fuck that dude. Do you understand the amount of policing that is going to happen at chinese new year for now on because of this idiot? We have to do better than this. Its exhausting seeing all these fucking skater kids move to the city and progressively make things worse. There was no reason to set that waymo on fire and the repercussions of those actions are not going to affect him, only the people living in that neighborhood who are just trying to celebrate their own cultural holiday. Next year there's going to be a millions cops there and everyone is going to bitch and moan because they cant have fun anymore cuz some dumbass ruined it for them.

It's the people's fault that billioanaires are beta testing cars on our streets and a militarised police want to protect them?

Get a lil more boot in ya mouth mate.

Ricky Vaughn

• Rep: 264
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2024, 03:13:43 AM »
Wtf is a waymo
Tell the world to eat my dick
I知 a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I知 the bic motherfucker

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 213
  • sup dog
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2024, 05:00:19 AM »
Wtf is a waymo
Waymo nuts!

Ha ha, gotcha.

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2024, 05:34:40 AM »
Fuck that dude. Do you understand the amount of policing that is going to happen at chinese new year for now on because of this idiot? We have to do better than this. Its exhausting seeing all these fucking skater kids move to the city and progressively make things worse. There was no reason to set that waymo on fire and the repercussions of those actions are not going to affect him, only the people living in that neighborhood who are just trying to celebrate their own cultural holiday. Next year there's going to be a millions cops there and everyone is going to bitch and moan because they cant have fun anymore cuz some dumbass ruined it for them.

I wholeheartedly disagree. There are like a million reasons right now to set everything on fire.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 06:37:12 AM by yghartsyrt »

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2024, 05:51:24 AM »
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

type

• Rep: -53
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2024, 06:19:34 AM »
Whats wrong with testing driverless vehicles? Do you guys not want society to move forward?
I知 stuck in Fresno rn. behind that circle k across from Wendy痴

addie pray

• Rep: -517
  • u a whole goofy
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2024, 06:27:23 AM »
ima test you and move society forward

KrisJolson

« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2024, 06:30:30 AM »
ima test you and move society forward

plz get banned soon so slap can move forward

addie pray

• Rep: -517
  • u a whole goofy
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2024, 06:31:54 AM »
PM a mod and tell them i hurt your feelings

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1554
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2024, 07:07:45 AM »
Test a mod and move your feelings forward.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

lurkluke

« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2024, 10:18:44 AM »
Whats wrong with testing driverless vehicles? Do you guys not want society to move forward?

I'm not sure it moves society forward. We already give far too much space to cars, instead of people, and it creates a privatised industry for people who can afford to use it.

Every study, and real world example, shows creating connected public transport options that link to walkable spaces, as being far better for communities, social inclusion and the environment.

Basically driverless cars are giving rich tech dudes a future fantasy to toy with which will ultimately make our lives worse and give governments a reason to avoid investing in actual positive change.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2024, 10:45:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm not sure it moves society forward. We already give far too much space to cars, instead of people, and it creates a privatised industry for people who can afford to use it.

Every study, and real world example, shows creating connected public transport options that link to walkable spaces, as being far better for communities, social inclusion and the environment.

Basically driverless cars are giving rich tech dudes a future fantasy to toy with which will ultimately make our lives worse and give governments a reason to avoid investing in actual positive change.

Also driverless cars essentially just cuts out more jobs with people who do Uber or drive taxies. So cut out the people that drive for a living and funnel it to a few people who own Waymo. Fuck that.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

type

« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2024, 11:02:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Also driverless cars essentially just cuts out more jobs with people who do Uber or drive taxies. So cut out the people that drive for a living and funnel it to a few people who own Waymo. Fuck that.
Same way how uber killed alot of cab companys but made it cheaper and easier for the end user, same way driverless vehicles will cause job losses but will be beneficial to the end user. When shit changes some sectors suffer until they can integrate thats just how shit works.

As for trying to transfer america into a carless society, thats just stupid, americans want cars, we already have public transportation and no one wants to use it if they dont have to. And wft is a "walkable space" we have sidewalks everywhere for that.

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -288
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2024, 11:12:22 AM »
You're right, homie shoulda set fire to the Waymo corporate HQ.

lurkluke

« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2024, 11:22:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Same way how uber killed alot of cab companys but made it cheaper and easier for the end user, same way driverless vehicles will cause job losses but will be beneficial to the end user. When shit changes some sectors suffer until they can integrate thats just how shit works.

As for trying to transfer america into a carless society, thats just stupid, americans want cars, we already have public transportation and no one wants to use it if they dont have to. And wft is a "walkable space" we have sidewalks everywhere for that.

Can you explain the actual benefits of driverless cars then?

type

« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2024, 11:32:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Can you explain the actual benefits of driverless cars then?
Theres so many dude, for one you dont have to drive anymore you can just chill, also you dont have to pay for a driver anymore

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2024, 11:38:03 AM »

No I get it. I can give to shits about Yellow Cab. They were asking for way too much at the time. Uber comes out and was great and cheaper but they have gone up in price, cut drivers percentages way lower and now have become the new Yellow Cab with other companies like Lyft and Hum trying to undercut them. I am not sure where Waymo is with their prices but in theory, they should be super cheap since there is no one driving the car. Cut out labor costs essentially.

And I get the walkable spaces thing. Of course SF, you just don't need a car ever to live out there. All the walking areas just do really well business wise with good foot traffic but with good foot traffic, you need parking or public transit to go there.

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!