Author Topic: Old Dudes Post Up Here...  (Read 301594 times)

Blech Boys

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
Re: Old Dudes Post Up Here...
« Reply #330 on: January 01, 2014, 05:24:52 PM »
Just thought I would share A part I filmed this year for my 40th birthday.
All this is from this year.
Thanks for all the inspiration you guys give me, this topic keeps me rolling for sure.
VXDUCE #30 DAVE WAITE'S FORTY

This ruled. The ender was great and the song selection had me smiling the whole time. Thumbs up.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #331 on: January 01, 2014, 09:19:40 PM »
Great tricks selection and skating b.v.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #332 on: January 02, 2014, 06:36:31 AM »
You guys are the best.
Thanks for the kind words.
Everything about that part was awesome. It shows you that doing good looking tricks at interesting spots always triumphs and one of the most important elements of a part is to make it look like your having fun skating. Will watch again.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #333 on: January 02, 2014, 12:32:49 PM »
Great tricks selection and skating b.v.

shredding!
hardly art, hardly starving

A.A

• Rep: -52
« Reply #334 on: January 02, 2014, 10:18:19 PM »
That was super rad!! Ripping.
Twin Perks

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #335 on: January 02, 2014, 10:33:26 PM »
Gnar b v! You have awesome no comply posture. I am high on cough syrup with a fever.

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #336 on: January 02, 2014, 11:44:09 PM »
Excellent shreddery b.v.

shark tits

« Reply #337 on: January 03, 2014, 05:45:04 AM »
mike 2007
i was a spry 30 yrs old in this. i'm not sure if i'm better now or i don't challenge myself as much? either way this one has our old 'street DIY' called 'V-Block' which was the greatest place til walmart bought the property. at 1:58 you can read the words 'shark tits ride' on a bank to wall we made so things are really coming full circle. sad fact, the real 'shark tits' [mike leslie] never got to skate the wallride i named after him. damn you to hell walmart!

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #338 on: January 03, 2014, 06:24:41 AM »
mike 2007
i was a spry 30 yrs old in this. i'm not sure if i'm better now or i don't challenge myself as much? either way this one has our old 'street DIY' called 'V-Block' which was the greatest place til walmart bought the property. at 1:58 you can read the words 'shark tits ride' on a bank to wall we made so things are really coming full circle. sad fact, the real 'shark tits' [mike leslie] never got to skate the wallride i named after him. damn you to hell walmart!
I particularly like the second line. Fuck Walmart.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #339 on: January 03, 2014, 07:55:52 AM »
that was sick.  i want to make a part but i can only do about 5 tricks heh
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

shark tits

« Reply #340 on: January 03, 2014, 07:58:01 AM »
thanks 'jerk' and floop, i seen you doin some tranny stuff. it was rad but i wanted you to be layne. 'this beer's warm, even'.

b.v.

« Reply #341 on: January 03, 2014, 08:08:49 AM »
Wallride onto the ledge then ollie the curb gap to sidewalk were great, kickflip the garbage can too.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #342 on: January 03, 2014, 08:13:02 AM »
thanks 'jerk' and floop, i seen you doin some tranny stuff. it was rad but i wanted you to be layne. 'this beer's warm, even'.

not sure what chu talkin bout willis
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

shark tits

« Reply #343 on: January 03, 2014, 08:34:56 AM »
thanks bv. floop, i was talking about this IMG_5496 i remembered this from a long time ago and it's rad cause it's lipslide on tranny but it shattered my illusion you were the guy from river's edge.

coneklr

« Reply #344 on: January 03, 2014, 09:05:46 AM »
Here's an edit my friend just did of a session at the ramp a couple weeks back.  The first guy is my friend Ralph who is 40 and is just getting back into it after his second knee surgery last year and the second guy is my cousin Jim who is 37.  I unfortunately couldn't be there because my back has been f'd but it's such a fun ramp.  If I can get my back better I'll get some footy for you guys soon, if not here is a pic from the last day I skated along with the vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XePsfCzrd0g

me the last time right before I messed up my back

twistingtheknife666

• Rep: 0
« Reply #345 on: January 03, 2014, 09:27:12 AM »
Here's an edit my friend just did of a session at the ramp a couple weeks back.  The first guy is my friend Ralph who is 40 and is just getting back into it after his second knee surgery last year and the second guy is my cousin Jim who is 37.  I unfortunately couldn't be there because my back has been f'd but it's such a fun ramp.  If I can get my back better I'll get some footy for you guys soon, if not here is a pic from the last day I skated along with the vid.

Man that ramp looks fun as hell!! It's funny, I haven't recorded video since about 1993! It just never occurred to me to record anything in my old age, now I'm going to have to put together something once this fucking snow melts. everyone's videos have been great. I just had a birthday on December 29th and for some stupid reason (I've always sucked at math) I thought I was turning 38 until my wife reminded me that I'm just turning 37! Yes I'm an idiot for not knowing how old I am, however I feel like I just gained a whole year of my life back! My only New Years resolution is to skate more, keep it coming guys, it's good to see the rest of you broken down old bastards killing it!

coneklr

« Reply #346 on: January 03, 2014, 09:34:12 AM »
If anyone is around upstate NY just get a hold of me.  If you're respectful of the place, the guys never have a problem with new people coming by for a session when we have them.  It has really tight transition but is sooo fun!  And we're just lucky, our friend Tim loves shooting video and taking pics so it just happens.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #347 on: January 03, 2014, 10:26:13 AM »
thanks bv. floop, i was talking about this IMG_5496 i remembered this from a long time ago and it's rad cause it's lipslide on tranny but it shattered my illusion you were the guy from river's edge.

ah, i gotcha.  sorry to disappoint.   i do think there's a little bit of Layne in all of us tough

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #348 on: January 03, 2014, 10:27:09 AM »

that is a fucking sick picture.  i will definitely remember this and try to hit you up if i'm ever over there

gnars for all oldies posting any footage

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #349 on: January 03, 2014, 10:28:59 AM »
can we re-focus the topic to an issue that was brought up earlier...

how do you oldies cope with your ball sacks dropping lower and lower by the year.  is there a way to slow down this process.  some kind of cream or nut cup?

like to hear from the 45-60 age range skaters

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #350 on: January 03, 2014, 11:39:19 AM »
I tie them up if I know I'm going to be doing a bunch of no complies.....

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #351 on: January 03, 2014, 12:21:06 PM »
can we re-focus the topic to an issue that was brought up earlier...

how do you oldies cope with your ball sacks dropping lower and lower by the year.  is there a way to slow down this process.  some kind of cream or nut cup?

like to hear from the 45-60 age range skaters
A lot of guys in that age range would be married so you'd have to ask their wives the whereabouts of their balls. Nah, just kidding, if mine get low I'm definitely going for a nip and tuck.

Young Satchel

• Rep: 19
« Reply #352 on: January 03, 2014, 03:20:53 PM »
If anyone is around upstate NY just get a hold of me.  If you're respectful of the place, the guys never have a problem with new people coming by for a session when we have them.  It has really tight transition but is sooo fun!  And we're just lucky, our friend Tim loves shooting video and taking pics so it just happens.

Whereabouts upstate? I grew up in NYC so tranny like that scares the shit out of me.  Never skated anything other than street and some light park.  BUT im hoping to change that sooner rather than later. I live in Hudson, NY if you're familiar.

coneklr

« Reply #353 on: January 03, 2014, 03:41:05 PM »
Whereabouts upstate? I grew up in NYC so tranny like that scares the shit out of me.  Never skated anything other than street and some light park.  BUT im hoping to change that sooner rather than later. I live in Hudson, NY if you're familiar.

I always forget southern NY thinks of Albany as upstate.  We're just outside of Plattsburgh which is about 2hrs north of Albany.  NYC got some amazing places in the last few years though.  I need to get down that way in the spring and check out the few I haven't been too.  Astoria was super fun, I'd love to hit that again.  If you're up this far north let me know.  Some decent street spots too.  Or Burlington VT ( I spent the last 12yrs there ) if you're on the other side of the lake.

Young Satchel

• Rep: 19
« Reply #354 on: January 04, 2014, 12:18:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I always forget southern NY thinks of Albany as upstate.  We're just outside of Plattsburgh which is about 2hrs north of Albany.  NYC got some amazing places in the last few years though.  I need to get down that way in the spring and check out the few I haven't been too.  Astoria was super fun, I'd love to hit that again.  If you're up this far north let me know.  Some decent street spots too.  Or Burlington VT ( I spent the last 12yrs there ) if you're on the other side of the lake.

Hahahaha...yea man. Figured that was probably the case. After living here a couple years that distinction has become more clear, but even people born and raised here in Columbia county seem to call this upstate so I dunno what to do anymore. Where I come from "upstate" starts anywhere above westchester! :-). I'll hit you up if I'm ever up that way for sure. My family owns an old camp in Charlotte VT, so I used to be up in Burlington pretty often actually..it's an alright town.

The park explosion in NYC is bananas. I stopped skating for about 11 years from 19-this past summer, so I straight missed most of that shit.  Lived in Astoria where my girl is from for several years before moving "upstate" too. Not sure when they completed the park there but I certainly wasn't aware of it at the time. It looks so sick.

Street in Hudson is terrible. Super crusty and low impact. But I make do when I can...there's a decent concrete park 20 min south of me in saugerties that I plan to hit up once the spring comes. But it's lookin like as whole lotta snow between now and then.

gearingupforgettingdown

• Rep: -149
« Reply #355 on: January 04, 2014, 12:00:47 PM »
I apologize for the old guy rant ahead of time ;D: This thread made me actually post vs lurk, I enjoy it, just trying to keep it going. I guess for me personally, I rarely find any new skateboarding of interest anymore. Don't get me wrong, I'll enjoy an occasional Leo Valls clip here and there, it's relatable, but then again, I can only relate so much since he is 25 and I'll be hitting my 40's soon. I know it is super cliche' but I miss when skating wasn't about bigger the better, more the better, extreme bs. I'm not an extreme person, but I understand it is the sign of the times we live in. I never really enjoyed jumping down stuff or skating a 6 stair handrail even when I was in that small phase of skating, I just did it because it was a thing to do if that make sense. It's funny, the cruising, being in control, simplistic aspect of skating vs trick, trick, trick is like 75% vs 25% these days for me. Even back in the day, we would skate and hang all day and the actual skating (trick learning, doing tricks) was only 60% vs 40% hanging out with your friends, watching some videos, dissecting skating, going out to eat, etc.. Skating was more natural, organic back in the day, at least from my experience. Being a minority, the best thing about skateboarding back then was that there was such a small percentage of people that did it and found it, I loved that and miss it. I'm probably just being a nostalgic old dude.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 08:41:21 PM by gearingupforgettingdown »

coneklr

« Reply #356 on: January 04, 2014, 01:18:42 PM »
Street in Hudson is terrible. Super crusty and low impact. But I make do when I can...there's a decent concrete park 20 min south of me in saugerties that I plan to hit up once the spring comes. But it's lookin like as whole lotta snow between now and then.

Saugerties is pretty fun man!  If I'm still around when the snow melts hit me up and a few of us will make the drive down and skate it with you!

coneklr

« Reply #357 on: January 04, 2014, 01:22:07 PM »
I apologize for the old guy rant ahead of time ;D: This thread made me actually post vs lurk, I enjoy it, just trying to keep it going. I guess for me personally, I rarely find any new skateboarding of interest anymore. Don't get me wrong, I'll enjoy an occasional Leo Valls clip here and there, it's relatable. But then again, I can only relate so much since he is 25 and I'll be hitting my 40's soon. I know it is super cliche' but I miss when skating wasn't about bigger the better, more the better, extreme bs. I'm not an extreme person, but I understand it is the sign of the times we live in. I never really enjoyed jumping down stuff or skating a 6 stair handrail even when I was in that small phase of skating, I just did it because it was a thing to do if that make sense. It's funny, the cruising, being in control, simplistic aspect of skating vs trick, trick, trick is like 75% vs 25% these days for me. But then again, even back in the day, we would skate and hang all day and the actual skating (trick learning, doing tricks) was only 60% vs 40% hanging out with your friends, watching some videos, dissecting skating, going out to eat, etc.. most of the time. Skating was more natural, organic back in the day, at least from my experience. Being a minority, the best thing about skateboarding back then was that there was such a small percentage of people that did it and found it, I loved that and miss it. I'm probably just being a nostalgic old dude.

Pretty sure that sums it up for a lot of people man!  I mostly enjoy cruising around and hanging out with my friends these days since most of the time I try harder shit my back says fuck you and I can barely move for a week :/

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #358 on: January 04, 2014, 04:39:31 PM »
Cliff mentioned this and I dunno if it's abp....but...this guy is so old he's married to Laura Dern......

Ben Harper Skateboarding, Laser Flip.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #359 on: January 04, 2014, 07:45:17 PM »
Old man skateboarder problems: At home on Saturday night doing work for my job, had to leave the session early to do so. I swore there was a time when I swore I'd never be that guy...technically I don't even have to be here either- I'm not on the clock, I'm just doing work (and constantly distracting myself from it by posting here). My friends are all either still skating or heading out to the bars.

And does anybody have the link of that dude well into his 30's doing like double kink rails and shit that was in the other thread? Dude is like my hero.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out