Author Topic: Old Dudes Post Up Here...  (Read 140780 times)

darkslideoftheforce and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -389
Re: Old Dudes Post Up Here...
« Reply #900 on: June 15, 2015, 08:23:03 AM »
I'm 31

My hair is getting very grey

I'm divorced

I have one dead child

My bladder is very weak. I wake up to piss at least 4 times a night.

I don't drink heavily anymore because the hangovers are so brutal. If I had hangovers like I get now when I started drinking I never would have become an alcoholic.

I have arthritis in my back and knees

My board is a Toy Machine with Thunder trucks, Spitfire wheels, Swiss bearings

I like flatbars and ledges

Gay guys are usually attracted to me

Dogs love me

I used to like Chinese girls until I was about to fuck one in the ass. Before I stuck my penis in I bent down to lick her butthole and a loud explosion came from her buttocks area. She said it came from her vagina but it sounded way more like a fart to me and there was a strange musty poo smell in the air. My dick went limp, she went home and I never pursued another Chinese in the department of sexual activities.

"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

N.L.

« Reply #901 on: June 15, 2015, 10:21:14 AM »
Quote from: sans umbilical  link=topic=74338.msg2032627#msg2032627 date=1384625481
sans umbilical, what part of Alabama do you reside?  I'm down here in the Montgomery area.

Birmingham

44 year old here...

I just moved to Bham. How is Railroad Park? Looking forward to exploring the local spots and scene here!!!

Shame about the username...

Elderly Gentleman

• Rep: 9
« Reply #902 on: June 15, 2015, 10:23:56 AM »
I'm 39 (I'll be 40 in a couple months).  I think getting back into skating may have been a bit of a mid life crisis for me.  (It's cheaper than buying a new vette so it's all good).  I just kind of drifted away from skating several years ago.  Since coming back I truly regret ever quitting.  My rhythm and balance is slowly coming back to me bit by bit.  I get tired really really fast.  Luckily there's a local skate shop that has an older owner and about once a week he has an "Old man skate" on the mini half in the back.  It's so much fun and there's some old guys around here that can really shread!
     I do have a serious question though.  Since it's been awhile for me and technology has improved; there's a huge church parking lot just up from my house.  All the curbs are pretty much untouched (they just extended the parking lot last summer).  There are several curbs and sidewalks and a couple island sidewalks that make perfect manny pads.  Anyway, since these are untouched, and grinding is a shaky venture at this point anyway, what kind of wax is best for virgin curbs?  We basically just used old candles or paraffin blocks back in the day.  Is there a better product out there now? 

Oh yeah, my setup:
8.5 Blank (pressed in Asia)
Indy 149 Kostons 
56mm Spitfire formula 4
Reds
Pig rails
Indy 94 hard bushings
I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around.

"I'll just use my Zumiez rewards card".

NL

« Reply #903 on: June 15, 2015, 12:05:45 PM »
Quote from: sans umbilical  link=topic=74338.msg2032627#msg2032627 date=1384625481
sans umbilical, what part of Alabama do you reside?  I'm down here in the Montgomery area.

Birmingham

44 year old here...

I just moved to Bham. How is Railroad Park? Looking forward to exploring the local spots and scene here!!!

Shame about the username...

Opps, Sorry about that...I am not clever enough for a catchy username so I just went with something basic.

NL

« Reply #904 on: June 15, 2015, 12:51:58 PM »
Figured I'd bump this topic since it's dead of winter and all us old guys need a little motivation.
Turned 41 yesterday and my buddy took all my footage (vx and iphone and vhs) from this year and made me a part.
warning! Curb heavy

Wow!!! That was amazing and very inspirational!!! I've got 2 years on ya but after watching your video makes me want to save up quicker for a new board so I can get back out there. Thanks for sharing.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #905 on: June 15, 2015, 01:42:48 PM »
36 soon
8" Toy Machine, Indy 139s, 53 mm Bones, China Reds
Street, wanna skate transition

I'm skating again every day after a seven-year period in which I skated only a few times a year. I don't think I've lost much because I never had much to begin with. Just basic street tricks. I like to go fast and do ollies, 180s, kickflips, 5-0 grinds, crooked grinds, noseslides, boardslides or just cruise down the street carving, power sliding and launching off curb cuts. It's still fun as hell and I've realized I'm at the age where I need to do other exercise outside of skating so I've been doing that as well. One trick I never learned back in the day that I'm trying to get now is slappy grinds and it's incredibly hard! What the hell is with this devil of a trick? I've done a couple on a very low curb but I still haven't figured out how to do them consistently. I've watched some slappy video in slow motion and it looks like there's some shifting of your weight onto your heels at just the right moment and then locking in but it's harder than it looks to actually execute. I've been trying them on NYC metal curbs. Does that make it harder or easier? All the videos I see have people on those red California curbs. Any tips?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 666
« Reply #906 on: June 15, 2015, 02:03:20 PM »
Only new curb technology is salba sauce aka laquer.  It's good for unpainted curbs. 

Slappys?  My backside one works.....I drag and unweight into it.  Frontside is hard....I lift front truck then back...and I think as you get better you can just ram your front truck in.....

As tech as I get.....41 and still not done.....

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -234
« Reply #907 on: June 15, 2015, 03:05:18 PM »
Every time I step on my board for the first time after my long New England hibernation I feel drunk and every time I skate it's always a surprise because I never have clue what I'm going to be able to from one session to the next. Good times.

shark tits

« Reply #908 on: June 15, 2015, 05:32:38 PM »
Only new curb technology is salba sauce aka laquer.  It's good for unpainted curbs. 

Slappys?  My backside one works.....I drag and unweight into it.  Frontside is hard....I lift front truck then back...and I think as you get better you can just ram your front truck in.....

As tech as I get.....41 and still not done.....

just how tech can shit get? tech as the abyss!
method man said that and i find it appropriate for your ss bs heelflip. there's a place around my way called 'purgatory chasm' but everyone pronounces it phonetically like 'chaz-em'. method man's line about your sw bs heelflip into the abyss reminded me of that.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #909 on: June 22, 2015, 07:02:40 AM »
after a lot of failing and just not getting it, I finally understand and can sometimes do some pretty decent slappies. man, when you hit one just right, it feels so awesome. I still need to perfect my technique. I'm not always smooth with getting onto them. I think the trick is to haul some ass and put your weight onto your heels at just the right moment before you hit the curb. also, you don't want to lean too far forward or too far back. you kind of have to envision yourself grinding.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 387
« Reply #910 on: June 22, 2015, 08:03:48 AM »
Just some older clips I put together,

coneklr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 163
  • Who is neg repping me fuckers :)
« Reply #911 on: June 22, 2015, 08:09:41 AM »
Fuck yeah!  That looked like a good time!  Nice 144p!
Heaven

Heather Chandler

« Reply #912 on: July 09, 2015, 12:45:05 PM »
Been kind of a harsh Summer skatewise.  Kids, camps, and starting work at 6pm a lot of times until 6am.  I need to get more motivated, has been a good 3 weeks or so no skating.

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #913 on: July 14, 2015, 08:07:25 AM »

I do have a serious question though.  Since it's been awhile for me and technology has improved; there's a huge church parking lot just up from my house.  All the curbs are pretty much untouched (they just extended the parking lot last summer).  There are several curbs and sidewalks and a couple island sidewalks that make perfect manny pads.  Anyway, since these are untouched, and grinding is a shaky venture at this point anyway, what kind of wax is best for virgin curbs?  We basically just used old candles or paraffin blocks back in the day.  Is there a better product out there now? 

I literally just made a new spot in Portland. Go find some rocks with some flat sides on them and grind down the ledges by "waxing" it with the rock and then waxing it with wax and just go back and forth alternating. I did that 5 or 6 times two weeks ago at the concrete bench and finally went back to skate it yesterday after it had a chance to set or whatever. Ended up getting a bunch of 50-50s off the ledge.

As far as wax use any skate wax. If the curbs are the nice painted curbs that are made out of cement and not concrete then you can skip the rock part and wax it up and use your trucks.

handsclapanin

• Rep: 149
« Reply #914 on: July 20, 2015, 12:10:38 PM »
Just got back from my yearly trip back to Cheeseland (Madison, WI). Hung with the family and friends who still live out there.
A lot of rain. But managed to get a couple skate days in.
Boardslide @ ATT. I've been skating this spot for 25 years now. And have been dreaming about doing this trick there for 2 years. A few years ago, it went through some upgrades. Some of the hits there were destroyed. But others were created. Like this ledge. In my dreams, I wanted to do a boardslide transfer into the little bank on the other side. Tried that a few times before realizing it wasn't going to work. The bank is smaller than your wheelbase; so it would be impossible to get both sets of wheels on at the same time. Decided to just take it all the way to the end.

Thread the needle hippie jump @ WHARF. Another spot I've been skating for 25+ years. This one spot has at least 20 different spots at it. I had never thought of this possibility before. Amazing place. Ground is a little rough and cracked at spots. But that is what winter does.

Tailblock skidder. Found this spot while looking for another. Looked like no one had really skated it before. No marks at all. Thought it would be an instant bust. But we had no problems.

Got to witness this first hand. The new breed of Madison ripper 5-0 grinding down the edge of a mountain @ Humanities.

Hooked up some herb (Skywalker, Berry White, Lemon Kush) that was just as good as anything in San Diego (where I've lived for 20 years now).
Good times.
See you next year Madtown.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #915 on: August 02, 2015, 08:02:23 PM »
This is the only time I've had someone follow film me.  Stoked just for that reason.  Was pretty hung over during this session.   That could be a caveat but I also suck

42.  Beer gut.  Ass sweat.  Hung over.  Fucked ankle.  Fucked knee.  Fucked thumb.  Fucked right testicle (been enlarged for some reason.  Might be a urinary infection).  Cheers

« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 09:48:08 PM by floop »
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

Doom patrol

• Rep: 0
« Reply #916 on: August 03, 2015, 02:24:09 AM »
Lots of great shit in this thread,.enjoyed the clips in the last two posts ,especially the tail block slide.
Turned 33 yesterday ,spent the day skating flat ground. Learned switch no comply shuv its and felt inexcusably happy about it.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #917 on: August 03, 2015, 12:28:29 PM »
a lot of the old guys in this thread exaggerate the degree of their oldness. when you read their posts, you picture some doddering old senior citizen but then you watch their footage or see their pictures and they look like fairly normal dudes albeit older than the teens at the skatepark.

Joust Ostrich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 361
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #918 on: August 03, 2015, 01:30:29 PM »
+1 floop.  You go get it, hung over or not.

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #919 on: August 04, 2015, 01:27:27 AM »
+1 to the floop +1. That park looks rad. Get yours.

yeahmmm

• Rep: -23
« Reply #920 on: August 04, 2015, 02:23:37 PM »
just turned 34. feel twice my age physically- had a lot of stupid nagging injuries.  havent skated in a few months but want to start again badly.  this was when i was 32. hot metal skatepark.    oh and heres another messing around on a tall curb.  i was trying to do as many early 90's tricks I could think of. 
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 02:27:14 PM by yeahmmm »

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #921 on: August 06, 2015, 12:33:08 PM »
Barely managed to skate at all this year. Weather has been utter shite and when I have found the time, I keep fucking myself. Broke my wrist and tore my ligaments in my foot. Feel fucking old at the mo. Bad shit :(

handsclapanin

• Rep: 149
« Reply #922 on: August 06, 2015, 01:27:06 PM »
a lot of the old guys in this thread exaggerate the degree of their oldness. when you read their posts, you picture some doddering old senior citizen but then you watch their footage or see their pictures and they look like fairly normal dudes albeit older than the teens at the skatepark.

That's probably because this skateboarding thing is like the fountain of youth.
Last Sunday the Vans Combi contest was on regular TV. I had it on and the wife was tripping on how young Chris Miller still looks. And he's in his 50s.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 387
« Reply #923 on: August 06, 2015, 05:03:13 PM »
This is the only time I've had someone follow film me.  Stoked just for that reason.  Was pretty hung over during this session.   That could be a caveat but I also suck

42.  Beer gut.  Ass sweat.  Hung over.  Fucked ankle.  Fucked knee.  Fucked thumb.  Fucked right testicle (been enlarged for some reason.  Might be a urinary infection).  Cheers

Rad! Grew up skating with Eric.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 666
« Reply #924 on: August 07, 2015, 06:33:49 PM »
I don't think I have any footage in this but I helped put this together.....

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #925 on: August 07, 2015, 08:16:14 PM »
gg grandpas, here's my contribution to the old sack club

Sedition

• Rep: 17
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • Concrete Existence
« Reply #926 on: August 08, 2015, 02:30:21 AM »
I'm new here. 41. Been skating for close to 30 years. Lucky I can still walk, let alone skate. Here is some rinky-dinky shit my tired old ass did over the past few weeks.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 02:32:14 AM by Sedition »
"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." -Sartre

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -234
« Reply #927 on: August 08, 2015, 12:47:38 PM »
I beat a kid in skate today with no flip tricks. My year is complete.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #928 on: August 09, 2015, 05:38:04 PM »

Rad! Grew up skating with Eric.

Awesome.  Nicest guy.  And serious ripper.  pretty sure I'm the least good person he's filmed
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

yeahmmm

• Rep: -23
« Reply #929 on: August 10, 2015, 03:13:17 PM »
I'm new here. 41. Been skating for close to 30 years. Lucky I can still walk, let alone skate. Here is some rinky-dinky shit my tired old ass did over the past few weeks.

Nice!