Author Topic: Old Dudes Post Up Here...  (Read 301522 times)

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Old Dudes Post Up Here...
« Reply #930 on: August 28, 2015, 02:31:42 PM »
tweaked my ankle a couple weeks ago and kept skating after that. it didn't heal so I stopped skating for a bit. it's been four days and I'm itching to skate but I think I'll rest just one more day. so fucking irritating, especially since the weather has been perfect.

Young Satchel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 19
« Reply #931 on: August 28, 2015, 04:41:58 PM »
Have skated a grand total of once in the 4 months since my second kid was born. Depressed.

N.L.

« Reply #932 on: August 28, 2015, 08:01:48 PM »
Haven't skated since July 4th. Broke a toe and its taking forever to heal. 40 isn't starting off so great...

« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 08:07:45 PM by N.L. »

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #933 on: August 29, 2015, 10:12:35 AM »
just came back from doing a few downhill runs after 2 months not skating. Felt pretty rusty and scared but it was fun.
I had so much fun ollieing a 2 stair (ha!) in the middle of a hill that I went back up to do it again!
other than that, a no comply 360 was the most tech I got I think....

also I had so much fun doing that Paris Cruising vid last year, I did another one!
This time I went from La Defense all the way to Montparnasse, if any of you know the city. Probably took me about an hour and a half.

Paris Cruising 2

cheers old dudes worldwide!

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #934 on: August 29, 2015, 10:22:12 AM »
Have skated a grand total of once in the 4 months since my second kid was born. Depressed.

I feel ya man! It was the same for me when we had kid number 2. that's one of the reasons I dont go on park missions anymore, it takes too much time: 2 hours skating plus basically 2 hours driving to and fro, that's just too much. I rarely have 4 hours for myself!
so if I have 2 hours time, I have 3 options: skate around in the streets, go hit the local not-too-good park, or go mountain bike in the woods.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #935 on: August 29, 2015, 05:43:39 PM »
just came back from doing a few downhill runs after 2 months not skating. Felt pretty rusty and scared but it was fun.
I had so much fun ollieing a 2 stair (ha!) in the middle of a hill that I went back up to do it again!

also I had so much fun doing that Paris Cruising vid last year, I did another one!
This time I went from La Defense all the way to Montparnasse, if any of you know the city. Probably took me about an hour and a half.

Paris Cruising 2

That was neat - shades of the film Rendezvous.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #936 on: August 30, 2015, 09:30:59 AM »
Expand Quote

Paris Cruising 2

[close]

damn Slap posters are cultured! now I'm gonna have to see that movie to see what you mean.
and 'merci' by the way  ;)

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #937 on: August 30, 2015, 05:38:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Paris Cruising 2

[close]

[close]

damn Slap posters are cultured! now I'm gonna have to see that movie to see what you mean.
and 'merci' by the way  ;)

http://YouTube.com/watch?v=Dwjy0qED2Lo

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #938 on: August 31, 2015, 12:15:33 AM »
oh of course man! I totally forgot that crazyness by Lelouch was called C'etait un rendez-vous.
I thought you meant the movie Rendez-vous by Techine!

mother collection

• Rep: -4
  • (Leaving) Quickly Now
« Reply #939 on: August 31, 2015, 03:55:02 PM »
Today at the skatepark. Flip tricks feel good again!
Tillicum

got that old dude steez going on

breathnaigh

• Rep: 5
« Reply #940 on: September 01, 2015, 06:35:50 AM »
Been on injured reserve with tendinitis/gouty push foot for over a month and it's still not 100%. Maybe not even 75%. Dying to skate.  Skated so little this summer I'm super rusty.

Plus side: building a miniramp.

drasp

• Rep: 4
« Reply #941 on: September 02, 2015, 04:32:02 AM »
First post, been lurking for a while, seems as good a thread as any to pop in on. . .

35yrs old, too chicken-shit to skate as a kid.  I remember trading to get a thrashed deck from a kid in my neighborhood, fooling with it just enough to skin a knee or elbow & then putting it in the garage.  We were in Chicago this year around Christmas/NY & my 8yr old Son, Chuck, saw kids skating at Grant skatepark & got the bug.  I borrowed a deck from a younger co-worker & ended up getting myself totally hooked!  I'm a total beginner, but I'm skating as much as I can, before work, during lunch breaks, even skipping band practices now & then.  Never really pushed myself in this way before, the combo of mental & physical is just. . .pretty rad.  Anyhow, great forum.  Back to it.  :)

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #942 on: September 03, 2015, 09:20:41 PM »
First post, been lurking for a while, seems as good a thread as any to pop in on. . .

35yrs old, too chicken-shit to skate as a kid.  I remember trading to get a thrashed deck from a kid in my neighborhood, fooling with it just enough to skin a knee or elbow & then putting it in the garage.  We were in Chicago this year around Christmas/NY & my 8yr old Son, Chuck, saw kids skating at Grant skatepark & got the bug.  I borrowed a deck from a younger co-worker & ended up getting myself totally hooked!  I'm a total beginner, but I'm skating as much as I can, before work, during lunch breaks, even skipping band practices now & then.  Never really pushed myself in this way before, the combo of mental & physical is just. . .pretty rad.  Anyhow, great forum.  Back to it.  :)

welcome to an awesome, fulfilling and painful obsession
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

zuma

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #943 on: September 03, 2015, 11:55:26 PM »
started in 89 at 10 i m 37 now it s the best thing that s happened to me
PASSIONate - Blacks Why - Park Part on Vimeo

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #944 on: September 04, 2015, 06:05:55 PM »
Re learned a trick I haven't done since 2009 or so.
Wanted to see if it looked as goofy as before.
Sep 4, 2015

Ticallion Stallion

• Rep: 10
« Reply #945 on: September 05, 2015, 06:05:25 PM »
What's the minimum age? Got a girl with 2 kids was in the military 6 years 1 tour my body is shot. Does that count as old dude?
some day that little girl will enter the anals of skateboarding too.

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #946 on: September 05, 2015, 09:34:04 PM »
I remember that time frame well, I skated alone a lot.
Just gotta be outgoing at the skatepark/local spots and make new friends.
Peoples schedules always change, so you gotta find those with the same as yours.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #947 on: September 06, 2015, 08:01:21 AM »
What age is considered old? I'm in an awkward phase with my skating. I'm 25, and there's nobody to skate with that is my age. It's starting to bum me out! I feel weird going to spots with 16 & 17 year old kids.

I had the same problem recently but add a decade to your age. There was a guy about your age who saw me skating and introduced himself and we played skate and talked and even exchanged numbers but it never panned out, mostly because I felt weird that he was so much younger than me. I'm not sure if he knew exactly how old I was. I'm assuming he knew I was older but probably not exactly how much older. I probably put too much thought into it when we could have just become skate buddies. Oh well. I mostly skate by myself.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #948 on: September 06, 2015, 08:37:08 AM »
I used to skate with guys over ten years older...and I'm super thankful I had them around and that they didn't feel it was weird skating with me....we were pretty different styles too but I was stoked to try and pick up some stuff from them....like carve lines....

If it's chronic pain...or you're 40 or 50....i get how you don't want to get hurt.....otherwise....just scale back your skating.....ah....get used to it dude.....more excuses......

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #949 on: September 06, 2015, 09:49:00 AM »
Yesterday was all city showdown(filming contest) and I sometimes go along for the ride but couldn't this year so did my own curb version before work.
All curb showdown

shark tits

« Reply #950 on: September 06, 2015, 10:02:24 AM »
Yesterday was all city showdown(filming contest) and I sometimes go along for the ride but couldn't this year so did my own curb version before work.
All curb showdown
'alabama, arkansas
i do love serrated gnar!'
and i must say between your vids and zuma, ya'll setting the bar high for old farts!

N.L.

« Reply #951 on: September 06, 2015, 10:19:04 AM »
All curb showdown

Tidy work. The old blunt biggie... Used to do this... thanks for the inspo. Fuck, I hope to skate again one day...

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #952 on: September 06, 2015, 02:47:20 PM »
All curb showdown

those were some awesome curb maneuvers. I like how there's a korean buffet in the background. I'm from Washington state so seeing this made me think of home.

Get fired up

• Rep: -54
« Reply #953 on: September 06, 2015, 08:07:01 PM »
All curb showdown

Nice work.  I need to make a double sided curb like this.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #954 on: September 06, 2015, 09:03:31 PM »

...was my reaction. Amazing part!

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #955 on: September 06, 2015, 11:56:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

holy shit ! massive shifty flips, dude
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 12:31:09 AM by the snake »

zuma

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #956 on: September 07, 2015, 01:07:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
holy shit ! massive shifty flips, dude

thanks guys! i guess i went trough the penny school with the shifty flips...
PASSIONate - Blacks Why on Vimeo

« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 09:55:34 AM by zuma »

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #957 on: September 07, 2015, 07:58:03 AM »
Yeah Zuma!

Heather Chandler

« Reply #958 on: September 07, 2015, 03:57:59 PM »
Skated twice in the last 3 days.  Feels good to be back on board after an extended Summer hiatus. 

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #959 on: September 14, 2015, 09:08:00 AM »
Zuma, your bag of tricks is huge and you're still jumping down shit. Very impressive for an old timer.
144p, that long feeble was sick.
I got down on a handrail over the weekend for the first time in a very long time. I'll be 40 in a little over a year. Unless I'm forgetting something; I think this is the first handrail I jumped on in my 30's. I know the fact that it's a wall rail makes it way less scary. But I'm still stoked. I'm having trouble walking today because of it. And my ring finger is all purple and might be broke. But it was worth it. Also, I broke my board trying it and ending up getting the land on my buddy's setup. Which usually doesn't work for me.

A couple other photos from the last month or so.
Wallride

Polejam and another wallride

One of the rare times I actually flipped my board. Kickflip. This one was a pain. Really busy street. I would get one attempt per walk signal.