Author Topic: Who bought a PS4?  (Read 11221 times)

Merked

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -157
Re: Who bought a PS4?
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2013, 04:44:52 PM »
Expand Quote
PC Masterrace...  The new consoles aren't lookin too hot for me.  Neither are the exclusives.  Destiny looks like it is going to be a sick game, but that is about it for me.  Glad you guys are enjoying your PS4's though.  Heard alot of bad things happening regarding software/hardware/psn network/the dreaded wibble-wobble.
[close]

Why the fuck do PC gamers constantly feel the need to tell everyone that PC's are better? Don't be that guy. Nobody cares about your stupid video card.  You get girls with that fucking thing or what?

Lol, damn dude.  I like both PC and console.  I was just fuckin, but I'll have you know my PC has landed me several sluts...   
I suck at SLAP.

dillanharp

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2013, 05:03:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
PC Masterrace...  The new consoles aren't lookin too hot for me.  Neither are the exclusives.  Destiny looks like it is going to be a sick game, but that is about it for me.  Glad you guys are enjoying your PS4's though.  Heard alot of bad things happening regarding software/hardware/psn network/the dreaded wibble-wobble.
[close]

Why the fuck do PC gamers constantly feel the need to tell everyone that PC's are better? Don't be that guy. Nobody cares about your stupid video card.  You get girls with that fucking thing or what?
[close]

Lol, damn dude.  I like both PC and console.  I was just fuckin, but I'll have you know my PC has landed me several sluts...   

I play Battlefield, and when I had a facebook I "liked" the Battlefield page, and EVERY TIME something was posted by them it would turn in to a PC fanboy jerkfest.  My computer is for homework and masturbation, not video games.

Merked

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2013, 07:04:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I play Battlefield, and when I had a facebook I "liked" the Battlefield page, and EVERY TIME something was posted by them it would turn in to a PC fanboy jerkfest.  My computer is for homework and masturbation, not video games.

Yeah PC gamers love to boast on the internet.  It is because they are jealous that PC gaming doesn't get as much shine as consoles.  It is all personal preference though TBH.  They both have their merits. 
I suck at SLAP.

raunchyrick

• Rep: 36
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2013, 09:27:41 AM »
Expand Quote
PC Masterrace...? ? The new consoles aren't lookin too hot for me.? ? Neither are the exclusives.? ? Destiny looks like it is going to be a sick game, but that is about it for me.? ? Glad you guys are enjoying your PS4's though.? ? Heard alot of bad things happening regarding software/hardware/psn network/the dreaded wibble-wobble.
[close]

Why the fuck do PC gamers constantly feel the need to tell everyone that PC's are better? Don't be that guy. Nobody cares about your stupid video card.? ? You get girls with that fucking thing or what?

I bring my video card to the bars with me, AND I GET MAD PUSSY YO.

... and by bars I mean no where and by pussy I mean my pet cat.

foureyedjim

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2013, 11:58:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Nallid, we all know you're ballin, join the master race
 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

dillanharp

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2013, 02:23:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

HA! If I had a gaming pc I'd get sucked back in to some shitty mmo and ruin my marriage.  I almost built one when SW:TOR came out but just ran it through boot camp.  I can't hang with video games the way I used to.

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2013, 04:39:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
[close]

HA! If I had a gaming pc I'd get sucked back in to some shitty mmo and ruin my marriage.  I almost built one when SW:TOR came out but just ran it through boot camp.  I can't hang with video games the way I used to.

Marriage sucks anyways might aswell build a pc. jussssssskiddinnnnnnn

dask8d00d

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2013, 05:20:44 PM »
I will say that games like skyrim & fallout are literally 10x better on PC than on console, but other than that I really don't fuck with PC gaming. I just prefer the console experience overall. Still, I've logged hundreds of hours on those 2 games alone so the PC has my respect. Should be interesting to see what steam does with their new console-like PC box

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2013, 01:41:19 AM »
Since we're already few posts down off topic might as well join in.

Initially got a new console as a gift when Fallout 3 came out. Hadn't had one since the 8-bit Famicom days. I admit not really buying games for Ps3 that are strictly point and shoot because I can't aim for shit with a controller. Not a big loss since I usually steer towards games with a 3rd person view.

A game like Fallout 3 is enjoyable on a console but I admit that it's as much of a PC game as it's predecessors. Playing games on a console doesn't leave much room for those homemade tweaks and mods that I got used to playing on a PC all these years. Guess I get to clean my conscience by not playing pirated games. A big enough hassle to bother with, I guess.

Not getting a ps4 anytime soon knowing that I have a lot of unfinished games I want to play for the earlier generation consoles and there's still more to come.

ScreamingHand

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2013, 06:52:42 AM »
preordered a ps4. It should be coming in next month. ive been on xbox for 10 years, its time for a change

Merked

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2013, 07:05:05 AM »
I will say that games like skyrim & fallout are literally 10x better on PC than on console, but other than that I really don't fuck with PC gaming. I just prefer the console experience overall. Still, I've logged hundreds of hours on those 2 games alone so the PC has my respect. Should be interesting to see what steam does with their new console-like PC box

I did not even know about this.  Just researched it alittle and it seems interesting, but odd.  I really don't know what to make of it lol.  PC console?
I suck at SLAP.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2013, 08:21:11 AM »
The only console I've ever owned in an N64 that I bought a few months ago, but I'm seriously considering getting a PS4. Normally I'm a card carrying member of the PC master race, but it might be nice to switch it up a bit, and have something that my friends and I can play simultaneously. The only thing I'm concerned about is: will they be porting PS3 titles to the PS4? Because to be honest the games I want to play the most are The Last Of Us and Skate 3. Basically I'm wondering if a PS4 would be a good investment at some point, or if I should just go cheaper and get a PS3.

Expand Quote
[close]

I did not even know about this.  Just researched it alittle and it seems interesting, but odd.  I really don't know what to make of it lol.  PC console?
basically, yeah. Valve/steam is trying to move out of the bedroom/office and into the living room. I'd be interested in checking one out once they've worked out the kinks and fully launch them.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Merked

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2013, 08:28:21 AM »
The only console I've ever owned in an N64 that I bought a few months ago, but I'm seriously considering getting a PS4. Normally I'm a card carrying member of the PC master race, but it might be nice to switch it up a bit, and have something that my friends and I can play simultaneously. The only thing I'm concerned about is: will they be porting PS3 titles to the PS4? Because to be honest the games I want to play the most are The Last Of Us and Skate 3. Basically I'm wondering if a PS4 would be a good investment at some point, or if I should just go cheaper and get a PS3.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
basically, yeah. Valve/steam is trying to move out of the bedroom/office and into the living room. I'd be interested in checking one out once they've worked out the kinks and fully launch them.

I guess there coming out with something in 2014 regarding backwards capability.  Link:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/ps4-backwards-compatibility-can-you-play-ps3-games-on-ps4

But, they are also doing a promotion to upgrade ps3 games to ps4 for 10 bucks?  I do not think this includes all games though.  Link:

http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57611795-285/upgrade-select-ps3-games-for-use-on-the-ps4/
I suck at SLAP.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2013, 09:31:25 AM »
Nice! I'd imagine Last of Us will be able to be upgraded, hopefully skate 3 will be part of that streaming service in the article you posted.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2013, 10:24:59 AM »
preordered a ps4. It should be coming in next month. ive been on xbox for 10 years, its time for a change

Where to preorder?I called my Gamestop but all they have is one left that goes for 900 or some shit.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2013, 02:22:54 PM »
It's funny how some of you guys can't even get a hold of a PS4 while my PS4 is gathering dust because there are no games out that I want to play. I got mine the day it was released and in the middle of the day. I was in and out of the store in 3 minutes. Where do you live that you can't get one?

The only games I want for PS4 so far are The Order:1886 and it's release date hasn't even been announced yet, and Infamous Second Son which doesn't come out until goddamn March. I'm also waiting for The Witcher 3 which is going to be on every platform. Right now I'm actually kind of jealous of Xbone because they have Ryse: Son of Rome.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

dask8d00d

« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2013, 02:35:24 PM »
damn i forgot about witcher 3 that shit is gonna be amazing on all platforms

foureyedjim

« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2013, 02:46:14 PM »
once you get a nice PC you don't really see any reason to buy a console other than to play exclusives.

at this point in time, the only thing I actually wanna play on PS4 is the new Metal Gear.  Everything else is either cross platform or not worth spending 400 bucks on to play.  Btw I don't exactly pay for all the games I play  ;D

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2013, 03:12:58 PM »
It's funny how some of you guys can't even get a hold of a PS4 while my PS4 is gathering dust because there are no games out that I want to play. I got mine the day it was released and in the middle of the day. I was in and out of the store in 3 minutes. Where do you live that you can't get one?

The only games I want for PS4 so far are The Order:1886 and it's release date hasn't even been announced yet, and Infamous Second Son which doesn't come out until goddamn March. I'm also waiting for The Witcher 3 which is going to be on every platform. Right now I'm actually kind of jealous of Xbone because they have Ryse: Son of Rome.

why did u buy it then?
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2013, 03:41:39 PM »
^I bought it with my brother and there was already a game out that he wanted. Turns out he doesn't really play it that often either though.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2013, 08:48:13 PM »
I want Destiny and KH3 so i can pretty much still wait before rushing to get one, but id love to play Killzone.

dillanharp

« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2013, 10:11:02 PM »
I'm pretty bummed on it to be honest.  Battlefield is currently unplayable.  It crashes constantly on campaign, trying to get on a  stable server in multiplayer is a joke (conquest is unplayable as well.)  So I've been going through my 2k14 "myplayer" where it turned me in to a wigger pointguard.  I want to change the background and I haven't even been able to do that. 

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2013, 10:54:52 PM »
I was thinking about getting one and then I realized there isn't anything that I want to play on it right now that makes it worth the $400 price tag. I know that'll change eventually but I think I can wait it out.
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

Chipper

• Rep: 14
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2013, 12:40:47 AM »
I'm pretty bummed on it to be honest.  Battlefield is currently unplayable.  It crashes constantly on campaign, trying to get on a  stable server in multiplayer is a joke (conquest is unplayable as well.)  So I've been going through my 2k14 "myplayer" where it turned me in to a wigger pointguard.  I want to change the background and I haven't even been able to do that. 

I've heard a number of people saying this(including my neighbor) but mine plays without any problems. A few lag spikes when playing 64 player conquest but that's it. So far BF4 has been the most enjoyable game for me. I hope they get it fixed for everyone having bugs because when it's working it's a lot of fun. 

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -480
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2013, 11:19:25 AM »
I want Destiny and KH3 so i can pretty much still wait before rushing to get one, but id love to play Killzone.

I'm in the same boat. 2014 release dates will probably mean some sort of bundle too which will be nice.

Also to those talking about the ram and performance between the 2 im about to drop some knowledge. The faster Gddr3 ram in ps4 everyone keeps talking about is nothing new, in fact the xbox 360 had the same ram albeit at a much lower amount while the ps3 had 256mb less than the 360 of regular ram and still out performed the xbox visually due to the cell processor but it did take years to utilize fully. with both systems now having the same architecture processor wise youll see there will be little to no difference in these games, the reason the xbox doesnt have said ram is the 3 os's running on it when only one (the gaming os) can fully utilize it. Current early reviews have found negligible differences in cross platform titles some look better on xbox and some ps4 but whatever reason you choose to buy a console now it wont be graphics anymore.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2013, 06:28:37 PM »
Wouldn't mind a Destiny bundle now that you mention it.

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2013, 09:04:42 AM »
ive had one since midnight launch and i love it. better controller, graphics look sexy (compared to last gen, and they are only going to improve) and i love the way it looks beside my ps3 which is now a tv/movie machine. that being said, its loud, has almost no personalization as far as the operating system/xmb, puts off a ton of heat and DOESNT SUPPORT EXTERNAL HARD DRIVES. to everyone who didnt know this (like myself) THE NEW XBOX AND PS SYSTEMS DO NOT SUPPORT EXTERNAL DRIVES AND YOU CANNOT LISTEN TO MUSIC OR WATCH DOWNLOADED SHIT ON THEM. apparently its like that to curb movie pirating so if you are a piratebay beast like me, hold on to your ps3 a bit longer. they did this when ps3 first was released, you could not upload and listen to your own mp3s and a few months later they put out an update to fix that and all was good, so im hoping they will fix this too.

also, no gta or skate games. that bums me out bigtime. get your ps4, get your cod, get your assassins creed, and get the extended 3 year warranty in case it bursts into flames and come play with me. my friends spent all their money on alcohol and skateboards so im lonely on the warfield.

ps. you xbox fan boys can fuck off, everything about this gen is better than your xbox one, the wii u is better than your xbox one based on exclusives alone, enjoy your 720p 5 years down the road while the rest of us are hanging out in the future with our sexy definition and one day ill be cool enough to own a super pc. guile out.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 09:07:00 AM by Guile »
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

dask8d00d

« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2013, 11:30:28 AM »
^ ps4 doesn't support external hard drives but it does allow for upgrading the built in one up to 2 TB. I was kind bummed how you can't upload music on there tho. I always loved listening to my own music whenever I played racing games or wanted custom entrance music for create-a-players in wrestling games.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2013, 02:40:56 PM »
ive had one since midnight launch and i love it. better controller, graphics look sexy (compared to last gen, and they are only going to improve) and i love the way it looks beside my ps3 which is now a tv/movie machine. that being said, its loud, has almost no personalization as far as the operating system/xmb, puts off a ton of heat and DOESNT SUPPORT EXTERNAL HARD DRIVES. to everyone who didnt know this (like myself) THE NEW XBOX AND PS SYSTEMS DO NOT SUPPORT EXTERNAL DRIVES AND YOU CANNOT LISTEN TO MUSIC OR WATCH DOWNLOADED SHIT ON THEM. apparently its like that to curb movie pirating so if you are a piratebay beast like me, hold on to your ps3 a bit longer. they did this when ps3 first was released, you could not upload and listen to your own mp3s and a few months later they put out an update to fix that and all was good, so im hoping they will fix this too.

also, no gta or skate games. that bums me out bigtime. get your ps4, get your cod, get your assassins creed, and get the extended 3 year warranty in case it bursts into flames and come play with me. my friends spent all their money on alcohol and skateboards so im lonely on the warfield.

ps. you xbox fan boys can fuck off, everything about this gen is better than your xbox one, the wii u is better than your xbox one based on exclusives alone, enjoy your 720p 5 years down the road while the rest of us are hanging out in the future with our sexy definition and one day ill be cool enough to own a super pc. guile out.
i remember when u used to post about skating with this same voracity. u should come back
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

shone237

« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2013, 03:44:35 PM »
pc master race, ha such a dumb idea. Even if PC games had photoreal graphics, you couldn't pay me enough to play a game on my computer.