ARAGRAHGH ANother stupid question1!!!!!

younger
4 (30.8%)
older
0 (0%)
what i am will suffice
9 (69.2%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Do you wish you were younger or older during...  (Read 1460 times)

Stolen Darkness

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
    • Candy Shop Skate Co. avatar image
Do you wish you were younger or older during...
« on: November 26, 2013, 03:51:13 PM »
...this current state of skateboarding? Or right where you're at?

I am genuinely curious...despite the fact that I know some people are totally apathetic on here or don't care about this specific topic. I'd appreciate it if you didn't post.

Because I am genuinely curious.

I am 25 and I started skateboarding in 2002. I'm fine with my age...even 23 would be alright.

I am not too young to not really appreciate Yeah Right...I know who Almost is and love the old guys on the team. The Trunk Boyz won't be my MJ, Hsu and Reynolds. I started skating before The Berrics and before footage was put out every 2 days only to be forgotten.

On a side note, do you guys like all these video interviews? Knowing your favorite pros political stance? Whether or not they have a big mouth problem or horrible ethics?

But yeah, back on track...if I were older I'd like to be at 30 or so. No younger than 23.

Silly topic I know, but someone out there get's me.

Skateboarding is so different now and I feel like I got interested in it at the right time.

www.candyshopskateco.com $35 Boards. Made in East Coast.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 883
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
Re: Do you wish you were younger or older during...
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 03:56:25 PM »
Depends, I feel like the age I'm at right now and for the next 8-12 years is prime for survival ina a zombie apocalypse. After that I may be too old. So if it comes within the next 8-12 years I'm gonna say the same but otherwise I wish I was younger.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 06:02:35 PM »
...this current state of skateboarding? Or right where you're at?

I am genuinely curious...despite the fact that I know some people are totally apathetic on here or don't care about this specific topic. I'd appreciate it if you didn't post.

Because I am genuinely curious.

I am 25 and I started skateboarding in 2002. I'm fine with my age...even 23 would be alright.

I am not too young to not really appreciate Yeah Right...I know who Almost is and love the old guys on the team. The Trunk Boyz won't be my MJ, Hsu and Reynolds. I started skating before The Berrics and before footage was put out every 2 days only to be forgotten.

On a side note, do you guys like all these video interviews? Knowing your favorite pros political stance? Whether or not they have a big mouth problem or horrible ethics?

But yeah, back on track...if I were older I'd like to be at 30 or so. No younger than 23.

Silly topic I know, but someone out there get's me.

Skateboarding is so different now and I feel like I got interested in it at the right time.
Your age and skateboarding background sounds exactly like mine. Honestly I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm glad that I got to experience the period before the over saturation of footage and interviews on the internet. But I also appreciate the progress and democratization of skating at this point. Think about it; before there would be rippers that put out great footage that would never get the opportunity to share their skating. Now with Youtube, everyone has a venue to contribute to the overall landscape. I understand that with the gems, you also get terrible footage but I'm willing to pay that price.

And I don't understand the hate on too much footage or background on pros. There is an off button on the computer...

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 06:05:18 PM »
i am totally apathetic/dont care about that specific topic!

Everett425

• Rep: -148
  • Nice! Dope! Like it! Wow!
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 06:22:45 PM »
I'm cool where I'm at. I'm only 17 but have been skating for almost 15 years now. I feel like I grew up during a good period (late 90's-early 2000's) where a lot of great stuff was going down. A lot of videos back from that time (Real to Reel, Sorry, Baker 2G, Menikmati, Sight Unseen) gave me a feeling the first time I watched them like no video has since then. And not even the videos, but the magazines from that time period were almost equally as great. And back then it seemed like younger people didn't start skating because they saw it as a way to cash out, but just simply because they enjoyed it. I can't say whether or not I would have started skating if my dad hadn't gotten me into it at such a young age, but I'm pretty happy that he did. I feel bad for the kids my age who skate for a few months, realize learning most tricks actually takes a decent amount of time and dedication, and quit because they're all asshurt that they aren't rapidly getting good. Fuck, I've been skating for almost 15 years and I still suck... I just wish there were more people my age who I could relate to when it came to skating. Skateboarding definitely is different now. It's definitely really popular right now, but in my opinion, mostly not for the right reasons.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 06:33:37 PM »
I'm sure skating when you weren't toilet trained was challenging but much more care free.....

shark tits

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 06:34:35 PM »
you grew up before you were 10?

skateandhugtrees

• Rep: 2
  • I<3Maple
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 07:58:04 PM »
I would say older...I fantasize being 16 years old during the Goldfish years. Skateboarding looked very pure and fun during that time period. No cell phones, no ear buds, SM courthouse was skateable, Howard was skating, Lennie Kirk wasn't preaching, Keenan was starting to kill it...Once we get this time travel thing figured out, thats where i'm going.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 12:03:55 AM »
I would say older...I fantasize being 16 years old during the Goldfish years. Skateboarding looked very pure and fun during that time period. No cell phones, no ear buds, SM courthouse was skateable, Howard was skating, Lennie Kirk wasn't preaching, Keenan was starting to kill it...Once we get this time travel thing figured out, thats where i'm going.
That was me and I wouldn't change it for anything.

6 pac

• Rep: -5
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2013, 12:26:47 AM »
i started skating when i was 15, it was the time when fully flared came out and everybody was hyped on the es game of skate, later battle at the berrics.
i hate that i grew up playing game of skates in the flat of an perfect miniramp.
now i know it better and i think its a great time for young skaters because of all the variety of styles out there

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2013, 01:20:16 AM »
 95 on my deathbed wearing highwaters, weed socks, and a 5 panel

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 824
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2013, 02:39:01 AM »
as far as age goes im pretty happy where im at (27). i started "skateboarding" when i was ten (1996) but it was really just riding around the streets in my neighborhood .it wasn't until 2000 that i started to see videos and really understand what was actually possible. i guess i wish i woulda known about what was actually going on in the mid 90's at the time and not found out about it years later.

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -607
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2013, 08:36:43 AM »
i could care less. skate industry now sucks, but the act of skating with friends is more fun than ever. im 23 btw...
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.