Author Topic: Wheels for slippery indoor park  (Read 35129 times)

fowlerclone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -15
Wheels for slippery indoor park
« on: December 17, 2013, 03:07:12 PM »
Tried searching and couldn't find anything.
Would my best bet be with something like SPF/ parkburners? Or are those mainly for concrete parks?

svilleantigo

• Rep: 61
Re: Wheels for slippery indoor park
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 06:43:58 PM »

Jared

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • Die Slow
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 03:42:32 AM »
Avoid Bones STF's(unless you like slipping out onto your ass every few minutes)

harrison ford invented the first car, in America

fowlerclone

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 06:37:16 AM »
Unfortunately, that's what I have had on my set up for a while now. I managed alright last time I was there. The biggest problem though is amount of dust and dirt on everything.

JBones

• Rep: -88
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 03:16:48 PM »
I've tried everything as an slippery indoor park wheel.
The speed vs. grip ratio always get's ya. They are either really grippy and not that fast or really fast and not that grippy.
Lucky for you the new Spitfire Formula Four 99's are exactly what you want.
Honestly they are the best indoor wheel I've ever used, the grip vs speed thing is right on!! They nailed it!
So far they just can't be beat as an indoor wheel.
So until Bones makes a slightly softer hybrid park wheel (it's coming), that still has speed and has alot more grip than the SPF's go w/ the Spitfire F4's! (this is coming from a lifer Bones guy too, so believe me when i say go w/ the F4's).

Bones SPF's are still the best outdoor/concrete park wheel you can get, they're the fastest and actually do grip on smooth but porous concrete surfaces. My personal fav wheel's though are a still good worn in STF's on everything. Street, indoor, concrete etc. Just my fav wheel. I got used to the slip indoors, you just learn to make it work for you after a little bit. Sweep your ramps and bowls! ;)

The Rainskates 98a neon Yellow formula wheels are another good park wheel as well, the 95a Green ones are a little softer and have more grip, but is a little slower too. Just try the Formula Four 99's, they make all this nerd talk pointless, because they win over it all.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 03:22:28 PM by JBones »

fowlerclone

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 01:57:35 PM »
Thanks for the response. I agree with what you said about getting used to STFs in an indoor park.
I'll probably see what's at the shop tomorrow and give the F4s a try.

JBones

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 04:28:03 PM »
Thanks for the response. I agree with what you said about getting used to STFs in an indoor park.
I'll probably see what's at the shop tomorrow and give the F4s a try.
Good luck man, I think you'll dig em alot.

Ian Dziallo

• Rep: -2
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 05:08:18 PM »
I like 99a durometer for indoor parks. I had harder wheels once and I slipped all over the place.

Aidan Clarke

• Rep: -122
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2013, 10:11:03 PM »
The speed vs. grip ratio always get's ya. They are either really grippy and not that fast or really fast and not that grippy.
Honestly they are the best indoor wheel I've ever used, the grip vs speed thing is right on!! They nailed it!
So until Bones makes a slightly softer hybrid park wheel (it's coming), that still has speed and has alot more grip than the SPF's go w/ the Spitfire F4's! (this is coming from a lifer Bones guy too, so believe me when i say go w/ the F4's).

Bones SPF's are still the best outdoor/concrete park wheel you can get, they're the fastest and actually do grip on smooth but porous concrete surfaces. My personal fav wheel's though are a still good worn in STF's on everything. Street, indoor, concrete etc. Just my fav wheel. I got used to the slip indoors, you just learn to make it work for you after a little bit. Sweep your ramps and bowls! ;)

The Rainskates 98a neon Yellow formula wheels are another good park wheel as well, the 95a Green ones are a little softer and have more grip, but is a little slower too. Just try the Formula Four 99's, they make all this nerd talk pointless, because they win over it all.

at least you didnt say mini logo wheels...
#crackkka

BBM: 79DEA941, fuck with me sheffledge

JBones

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2013, 12:16:42 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

at least you didnt say mini logo wheels...
What's everyone's beef w/ me and Mini Logo?
Since you mentioned it, the Mini Logo A-Cut 58mm 97a wheels are the Powell Rat Bones II's without the classic graphics, and actually they are the grippiest wheel I've ridden on masonite. BUT - I wanted a smaller wheel, and something a bit faster too. Those 97a's feel like skating a ramp wheel from the late 80's. It's cool, and really grippy, but it doesn't work well with smaller wheels.
(Most of the ML wheels are secretly Bones 100's btw).
...anyways, yeah, Spitfire nailed the perfect indoor park wheel so far w/ the F4 99's, hands down.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 12:19:06 AM by JBones »

noileum

• Rep: 29
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2013, 12:20:04 AM »
Broadcast Team Originals (99) are spot on indoors

plankskate

• Rep: 8
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2013, 01:51:19 AM »
Since you mentioned it, the Mini Logo A-Cut 58mm 97a wheels are the Powell Rat Bones II's without the classic graphics, and actually they are the grippiest wheel I've ridden on masonite. BUT - I wanted a smaller wheel, and something a bit faster too. Those 97a's feel like skating a ramp wheel from the late 80's. It's cool, and really grippy, but it doesn't work well with smaller wheels.
...anyways, yeah, Spitfire nailed the perfect indoor park wheel so far w/ the F4 99's, hands down.

I haven't tried the ML version yet but the Powell Rat Bones II's (reissues) are the perfect amount of grippy for masonite ramps yet still slide of ledges.  They're not as soft/slow as the OG ones.  
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 01:53:10 AM by plankskate »

JBones

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2013, 11:41:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I haven't tried the ML version yet but the Powell Rat Bones II's (reissues) are the perfect amount of grippy for masonite ramps yet still slide of ledges.  They're not as soft/slow as the OG ones.  
The Mini Logo version is the exact same wheel as the Powell Rat Bones II 97a's, just different graphics and almost half the price.
The OG Rat Bones II's came in 92a, 95a and 97a., and they came in a bunch of different colors.
The re-issues only come in white or black 97a or SPF. The Mini Logo ones are the 97a's in the black or white.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 11:43:35 AM by JBones »

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2013, 06:59:19 PM »
We got a real wheel scientist in here.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

jonnysheen

• Rep: -63
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2014, 05:05:53 PM »
This thread reminds me of middle age shred

i like it

JBones

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2014, 02:16:55 AM »
That's because it kind of is.  ;D

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2014, 07:26:52 AM »
Broadcast Team Originals (99) are spot on indoors

swapped out my F4 101s for an old set of Broadcast 99a (from 3 years ago) since they were the only 99a I had laying around.  They did pretty good. 

anyways, i'm still gonna get some Spit F4 99a for the rest of winter.  then I'll prob put the 101s back on when the streets are clear and save the 99a for indoor shredding.
hardly art, hardly starving

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65505
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2014, 06:51:25 PM »
I like wheels and all. Never got more into them than pussy though.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2014, 04:05:04 PM »
We got a real wheel scientist in here.