Author Topic: Habitat - Search The Horizon  (Read 26633 times)

Makaveli

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -607
Re: Habitat - Search The Horizon
« Reply #240 on: December 30, 2013, 03:44:49 PM »
Honestly Suciu's part was almost as groundbreaking as PJ's WHL. It's basically on par. What would have made a big difference is if Suciu's last song was more epic and less mellow dramatic. I'm excited to see the next couple of years of his footage. I hope he sticks around. He seems like a smart dude.

melodramatic, my dude
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

geneparmesan

• Rep: 21
« Reply #241 on: January 06, 2014, 03:01:13 PM »
Thrasher just put this up in full hd (at least 720 anyway) on their youtube:

BALT

• Rep: -28
« Reply #242 on: January 06, 2014, 03:11:02 PM »
it sucks that danny garcia didnt have more tricks

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #243 on: January 06, 2014, 04:08:32 PM »
it sucks that danny garcia didnt have more tricks
The least he could have done was play his guitar for 3 minutes...
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

okdad

• Rep: 16
« Reply #244 on: January 07, 2014, 08:53:20 AM »
I felt like I was watching inhabitants for the first half, and origins the second. Dope vid, I just wish Habitat wouldn't sell themselves short with this web video mumbo jumbo. A full length is in order.
Who are you to judge what kinds of cocks he wants to suck?

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #245 on: January 07, 2014, 09:03:07 AM »
I felt like I was watching inhabitants for the first half, and origins the second. Dope vid, I just wish Habitat wouldn't sell themselves short with this web video mumbo jumbo. A full length is in order.

Habitat posted a picture to their IG of a Search The Horizon DVD, with a hashtag to search your local skate shop. I am hoping they put some bonus footage on there from the Philly Skatepark Roundup with the entire team, and definitely some extra Gall and DGar footage.

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -458
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #246 on: January 08, 2014, 10:00:42 AM »
going to go ahead and say that suciu's part could have been 3 minutes, whole bunch of filler. so many things that were comically far away from tricks like the line with the fakie 5-0 halfcab flip out in the middle of the ledge. still rad to watch, but I feel like they forced an epic marc johnson-esque 3 song part out of what should have been a really solid 1 song part

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

TheRealDeal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
    • TMKF VIDEO avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #247 on: January 08, 2014, 11:39:02 AM »
going to go ahead and say that suciu's part could have been 3 minutes, whole bunch of filler. so many things that were comically far away from tricks like the line with the fakie 5-0 halfcab flip out in the middle of the ledge. still rad to watch, but I feel like they forced an epic marc johnson-esque 3 song part out of what should have been a really solid 1 song part

I agree,  a lot could have been left out (mostly the older stuff with habitat shoes).  The great stuff would stand out more. I also think that Firing line in Lyon with the half cab flip 5-0 revert should have made the cut.  The first two songs really don't work for me. 

On an unrelated note,  after Dela ate shit on that last hill, Busenitz was there smoking a cigarette...didn't peg him as a smoker with the amount of stamina he displays on board.   

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #248 on: January 08, 2014, 02:15:18 PM »
Daryl's fs wallride at 12:23 was perfection. Daryl really came through this year I am surprised more people arent talking about him.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #249 on: January 08, 2014, 03:27:36 PM »

Yeah man they should either bring back the mid-line jump edits from 15 years ago or make suciu only film singles. Who needs long flowy lines!?