Author Topic: Cheap weekend trip in europe  (Read 12823 times)

Kitto Horsley

Cheap weekend trip in europe
« on: December 23, 2013, 08:04:13 AM »
Looking to go on a short city break around easter time i.e. 3 days, 3 nights and wondered if people had any suggestions for such a trip.  Pretty broad question i know, but really just looking for a reasonibly priced skate trip.

Went all over holland a couple of years ago and really enjoyed there, any suggestions on the best city to skate?

AnotherHardDayAtTheOffice

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -8
Re: Cheap weekend trip in europe
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 09:06:06 AM »
It's pretty hard to come up with any suggestions if you don't give us more details about you. For a start, where in Europe are you from? Other than that, I suggest checking out your nearest Ryanair hub for cheap flights. Then you might come up with more specific questions (as in e.g. "Helsinki vs. Barcelona?").

Kitto Horsley

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 10:13:40 AM »
yeah i was very vague. Flying from the uk.  I obviously want to skate, just cruise around and discover stuff as we go. Not really bothered with partying, just chilled eveings going out for food, so interesting restaurants.  Always interested in finding out about a cities history, so museums, galleries etc.  Any of that help narrow it down a little?

Was thinking about re-visiting amsterdam, but don't know what its like for skating really/cost of staying as i only stayed there for a day last time.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 10:17:07 AM by Kitto »

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 03:16:41 PM »
yeah i was very vague. Flying from the uk.  I obviously want to skate, just cruise around and discover stuff as we go. Not really bothered with partying, just chilled eveings going out for food, so interesting restaurants.  Always interested in finding out about a cities history, so museums, galleries etc.  Any of that help narrow it down a little?

Was thinking about re-visiting amsterdam, but don't know what its like for skating really/cost of staying as i only stayed there for a day last time.

No biggie. Yeah, now it makes a little bit more sense but is still rather vague. Anyway, as said, I'd advise to check out fares from your closest Ryanair/Wizzair/any-other-budget-airline's hub. Usually flights during springtime are quite affordable. Just be open as to where those small prices take ya  ;)

Kitto Horsley

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 03:22:37 PM »
Cool cheers man.  Given me some things to think about.  I presume you live/have been to europe a lot, anywhere you've been and particulalry enjoyed, would recommend?

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2013, 01:27:16 PM »
Rome on easter time is perfect. Well I mean, it's always perfect!
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2013, 03:38:31 AM »
Cool cheers man.  Given me some things to think about.  I presume you live/have been to europe a lot, anywhere you've been and particulalry enjoyed, would recommend?

Yup. I live in Germany. Well, there's a lot of awesome places out there. I know that doesn't help you much, so I'll go out on a limb and claim that any place in Spain will always be a good choice (except for tourist resorts such as Benidorm): Skating-wise as well as for travelling in general. Plus, the weather will be perfect around Easter.

Haven't ever been to Rome, but Mark Renton might have a point, too. I would suggest you check out your closest Ryanair/Wizzair hub and see if there's a particular bargain. Then go for it!

poopmonkey

• Rep: 20
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2013, 03:54:46 AM »
If you go to the Netherlands and wanna skate, Rotterdam's your best bet. The city was bombed by the Germans in WW2, so pretty much the whole city is paved and has a ton of spots, almost no cobblestones and shitty bricks. Other big cities like Utrecht and Amsterdam are really cool as well, but definitely harder to cruise, fewer spots and further between.

An other tip would be Prague, super fun, really beautiful city and really cheap. Enjoy!

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 04:18:58 PM »
rome ain't such a great place to skate. besides that it's a fun city.

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -37
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2014, 12:00:15 PM »
rome ain't such a great place to skate. besides that it's a fun city.

Yeah Rome sucks ass for skateboarding. Milan has those ledges though.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2014, 02:26:16 PM »
Go to Spain like all the other 10 million Brits. It's cheap as hell, great food, and great skating.

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2014, 03:01:06 AM »
Go to Spain like all the other 10 million Brits. It's cheap as hell, great food, and great skating.

TRACER, YOU CANADIAN ANAL BEAD, YOU