Author Topic: "Cherry" a video by William Strobeck for Supreme  (Read 238963 times)

Laban Fetus

Re: "Cherry" a video by William Strobeck for Supreme
« Reply #90 on: January 02, 2014, 11:03:59 AM »
The baggy floods thing will be big since looking like an Urban Outfitters mannequin is so fuckin' 00's. Personally, I'm copping some balloon pants in this brand new year. What's hot... what's not?

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #91 on: January 02, 2014, 11:36:12 AM »
Expand Quote
So instead of releasing separate promos for all these new companies they're all just gonna have parts in this supreme video ? Supreme wins, skaters lose. Again. Sigh. I hope they release this shit for free. Is this the first time a clothing company/streetwear brand  video has been this hyped ? does volcom let's live count?
[close]
Supreme carries their products so no one looses. In fact it's a win win. It's a skate shop video, thats how it works. 

Lol no. Since a lot of these people are starting new companies  they can delay putting out promos with unique art directions and just symbiotically suck off supremes without doing much of anything. Its been 4-5 months since 3d and FA started, no real promos, no real ads, Nada. Just a pair of dumb clips, some grade school pictures and what appears to be pink ponies and a Gillette razor blade.

But I guess getting a modern day FTC video is sort of worth it.

Can't wait to wait another 6 months for the supreme video and another 5 months after that for anything resembling art direction from these new companies.

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #92 on: January 02, 2014, 11:38:38 AM »

SpudFaceKillah

• Rep: -5
« Reply #93 on: January 02, 2014, 12:36:46 PM »
I watched a video from like 2004 the other day and some dude was wearing a supreme hat true story that dude was reppin before hipsters came

GeorgeHanson

« Reply #94 on: January 02, 2014, 01:37:50 PM »
I'm backing this and Supreme.

If you don't like Supreme, I'm sure Zumiez can keep you decked out in your neff hats and dc shoes and keep you looking core and straight as fuck (just like your twelve year old self imagined!). I heard Quiksilver has some sick collections coming out. I wouldn't know, I developed a sense of style beyond surf shop culture.

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #95 on: January 02, 2014, 02:07:14 PM »
I think it'd be rad if they had sections for different cities where the stores were, so an L.A, a NY, a London and a Toyko section.
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 61
« Reply #96 on: January 02, 2014, 02:10:54 PM »

If you don't like Supreme, I'm sure Zumiez can keep you decked out in your neff hats and dc shoes and keep you looking core and straight as fuck (just like your twelve year old self imagined!). I heard Quiksilver has some sick collections coming out. I wouldn't know, I developed a sense of style beyond surf shop culture.

x2

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #97 on: January 02, 2014, 02:51:57 PM »

whats wrong with zumeiz?

self-loathing gnarcissist

• Rep: -92
« Reply #98 on: January 02, 2014, 02:52:43 PM »

You're saying anyone who doesn't like supreme for any reason automatically shops at mall stores and has bad taste? What an idiotic statement

steam vent

« Reply #99 on: January 02, 2014, 02:55:54 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You're saying anyone who doesn't like supreme for any reason automatically shops at mall stores and has bad taste? What an idiotic statement

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #100 on: January 02, 2014, 03:21:52 PM »

Of course you do, you're a fucking tool.

Babby

• Rep: 39
« Reply #101 on: January 02, 2014, 03:27:33 PM »
Can someone explain the widespread hatred for Supreme?

Last I checked they were an independently owned an operated business that supported skateboarding and made quality private label goods...

steam vent

« Reply #102 on: January 02, 2014, 03:33:46 PM »

Last I checked they were an independently owned an operated business that supported skateboarding and made quality private label goods...
They blew up with, with a somewhat douchey imo demographic of non skaters and weed sock wearers, which is so not core

Babby

« Reply #103 on: January 02, 2014, 03:37:05 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
They blew up with, with a somewhat douchey imo demographic of non skaters and weed sock wearers, which is so not core

Thanks...that doesn't really answer my question though.

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #104 on: January 02, 2014, 03:47:33 PM »
first off, they "blew up" quite a while before the Huf weed sock.

next people hate them because they don't give a fuck and most people think they should get their dick sucked while shopping. Truth is they'll be just fine no matter how many people hate them.

I like all the guys at the LA shop and they're always cool with me and I'm a dork. Most of the guys in NYC were rad back when Charles Lamb was running it but I have no idea who's there now.

They stock good skate brands and the shoes you want, and they make rad in house stuff that you may or may not like.
I need a coffee

steam vent

« Reply #105 on: January 02, 2014, 03:55:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Well I think that is where the hate comes from, If leave your house wearing supreme shit more people will think fashion/trend victim than a "super core skate bro", which makes some people think its become through no fault of its own even, kinda lame, like everything when it becomes cool it sucks and people will hate it

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #106 on: January 02, 2014, 04:13:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
Well I think that is where the hate comes from, If leave your house wearing supreme shit more people will think fashion/trend victim than a "super core skate bro", which makes some people think its become through no fault of its own even, kinda lame, like everything when it becomes cool it sucks and people will hate it

I could agree with this.

But if you do like there shit fuck the clowns just cop in and run it. They have an amazing history of the sickest skaters supporting them.
I need a coffee

birchkill

• Rep: 3
  • gnarcore
« Reply #107 on: January 02, 2014, 04:14:40 PM »
http://supremeidiots.tumblr.com/
has this site been posted before? This may explain why most skateboarders hate supreme..

but, man.. am I hyped for this video

Babby

« Reply #108 on: January 02, 2014, 04:25:05 PM »
Ok, so it's an appropriation thing, I get it.

Thanks.

Lenny the Fatface

« Reply #109 on: January 02, 2014, 04:38:49 PM »

Like i said in another supreme related thread, they have a few nice pieces but their shit is overpriced like crazy.  
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 04:42:56 PM by Lenny the Fatface »

shit_for_brains

« Reply #110 on: January 02, 2014, 05:04:54 PM »
Supreme makes me think of Method Man. Does corny shit, associates with kooks, but is still pretty legit and is too busy counting money to hear you bitch about it.

skate

• Rep: -16
« Reply #111 on: January 02, 2014, 05:08:26 PM »
I watched a video from like 2004 the other day and some dude was wearing a supreme hat true story that dude was reppin before hipsters came
koston?

King of the Road Classics - Girl

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #112 on: January 02, 2014, 05:11:17 PM »
With each passing year, the nostalgia gap increases and thus Supreme's alleged "essence" or "origin" becomes more watered down.
In a possible attempt at reconstituting their image, making a laughably raw skate vid would probably be the best course of action unless you think they should instead issue some kind of "no asian customers" policy. lowering prices would bring their "sold out in 5 seconds" phenomena into the milliseconds. making their designs less bold would probably weed out less customers also.
so yeah. we're all sitting here waiting for OGs to drop vx lines, but it's mostly gonna be a bunch of kids.
It's almost funny how fucking clueless living-breathing-skate-legends can be in giving the customer what they want.
"passing the torch" needs to slow the fuck down.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 555
« Reply #113 on: January 02, 2014, 05:33:37 PM »

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #114 on: January 02, 2014, 05:40:22 PM »
http://supremeidiots.tumblr.com/
has this site been posted before? This may explain why most skateboarders hate supreme..

but, man.. am I hyped for this video

fucking swag

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #115 on: January 02, 2014, 08:31:13 PM »

This here, is by far the dumbest thing I have read this year.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #116 on: January 02, 2014, 08:33:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So instead of releasing separate promos for all these new companies they're all just gonna have parts in this supreme video ? Supreme wins, skaters lose. Again. Sigh. I hope they release this shit for free. Is this the first time a clothing company/streetwear brand� video has been this hyped ? does volcom let's live count?
[close]
Supreme carries their products so no one looses. In fact it's a win win. It's a skate shop video, thats how it works.�
[close]

Lol no. Since a lot of these people are starting new companies� they can delay putting out promos with unique�art directions and just symbiotically suck off supremes without doing much of anything. Its been 4-5 months since 3d�and FA started, no real promos, no real ads, Nada. Just a pair of dumb clips, some grade school pictures and what appears to be pink ponies and a Gillette razor blade.

But I guess getting a modern day FTC video is sort of worth it.

Can't wait to wait another 6 months for the supreme video and another 5 months after that for anything resembling art direction from these new companies.
I agree, Palace,Polar and Magenta have put out sick promos to back there image and these guys have done nothing. It would appear that the owners of these companies are trying to milk there connections as much as they can without putting out footage. I do not think this is the case however. I think it's all just timing.  The skate scene is so electric right now in NYC it feels like its going to burst, like a ... cherry. So what better way to showcase this then with a shop video. I don't think it was something that was preconceived for these new companies to wait for the supreme video. I think it just sort of happened like things do.  

wigs

« Reply #117 on: January 02, 2014, 09:58:10 PM »
the soundtrack will be the most controversial part of the video on slap.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #118 on: January 03, 2014, 02:01:11 AM »
From everything I've heard from friends in New York, Supreme is not the shop it was in the 90's. Apparently they make a ton more money from the streetwear kids, and focus more on streetwear than they do on the actual skate side of the skateshop these days, which, if true, is really really lame.
I'll still watch the video though.
And I took cherry to be like as in when a car or something else valuable or collectible is in great condition it is said to be "in cherry condition," so there you go.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65505
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #119 on: January 03, 2014, 02:39:33 AM »
Walked into Supreme Tokyo once and walked right out.

Not a skate shop.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE