Author Topic: Skate 4  (Read 16737 times)

ben3350

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -156
Skate 4
« on: December 31, 2013, 05:01:59 AM »
Is there any word of anyone making a Skate 4? I heard black box studios closed or some shit but I don't follow that shit.

I'm not one to play video games but when I'm sitting at home with my ankles tweaked and I've watched every skate video I have, playing Skate can get me through it.

I can see a Skate 4 having a huge street league incorporation or Street League even having its own game. I honestly wouldn't give a shit and play it even if that happened. I can live with myself playing nyjah kickflip backlipping a handrail for 9 club repeatedly until I cry tears of shame that flood the world just like the flooding rain that is keeping me in my house playing these damn video games in the first place.

Chipper

• Rep: 14
Re: Skate 4
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 05:13:02 AM »
There will never be a Skate 4 unless EA saw an endless amount of money in it.

silkyjohnson

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 05:20:22 AM »
I remember seeing a YouTube video of some kid calling ea and asking, they confirmed it. But who knows. It would be rad to see a skate 1 type map again, in my opinion it was the best one in terms of realism in the spots and mechanics, and not to mention it had the gonz gap, hubba hideout, 3 up 3 down, Willshire rails, and countless other versions of other spots.

Berky

• Rep: -19
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 08:21:31 AM »
I used to play skate with cuz and he said that ea cut the blackbox program completely. I haven't spoken to him in a minute but i think he is working for another company working on other games. I don't think any of those games are skateboarding related. On another note I heard a few years ago that rob dyrdek was thinking about doing a video game.

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 08:25:16 AM »
I kept my ps3 because of this game. Now I need one for my ps4
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

wildbillhiccup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -78
  • JACKASS
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 08:39:09 AM »
would kill for skate 4

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 08:49:19 AM »
I heard a few years ago that rob dyrdek was thinking about doing a video game.

God be with us.

goldfishboot

• Rep: 144
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 10:33:06 AM »
whatever the next incarnation of skating game is going to be, they need to retain at least some of the controls from the skate series. No other franchise got close.

also, split screen.

foureyedjim

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2013, 05:02:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

God be with us.

(skate 3 product placement) x 100000 = Rob Dyrdek's Skate 4

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2013, 07:48:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

God be with us.
truth is stranger than fiction. He was one of the catalysts behind the skate series ever coming out in the first place. Gimmie a few and I'll find the youtube video of him playing the demo that black box was working on.

Rob and Big - EA Games.. Skate!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 10:55:23 PM by Pavementi »
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 555
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 04:04:48 PM »
skate 3 controls with gta v los santos map is all i need

foureyedjim

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2014, 02:12:53 PM »
skate 3 controls with gta v los santos map is all i need

that would be tight.  Less "made to skate" architecture and more natural looking spots sounds awesome

ben shraider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -264
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2014, 11:41:11 AM »
Would it really be too hard to somehow use gta map in a skateboarding game.? I have no idea about how coding and all that shit works, but would it really be too hard for some nerd to convert it and make it work.

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2014, 02:23:57 AM »
yeah gta city, skate 3 engine/free cam replay and gta features like robbing cars to move around,online skate gangs war.... using a bazooka to clear a spot of scooters,endless fun!

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2014, 09:08:02 AM »
yeah gta city, skate 3 engine/free cam replay and gta features like robbing cars to move around,online skate gangs war.... using a bazooka to clear a spot of scooters,endless fun!
Stop. This sounds like way too much fun and I know it'll never happen :(

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 555
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2014, 08:09:48 PM »

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2014, 10:00:45 PM »
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzrLDWo0ePs if u want to believe him

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2014, 10:54:53 AM »
i want to believe, but that logo looks way too trife to be real. fingers crossed anyway. i think itll happen somehow

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2014, 05:41:42 PM »
Jesus, the writing/grammar in their kickstarter proposal was abysmal. I'll believe it when I see a little more, so far all they have is a 10+ minute video of some guy who's whispering like he's worried he's going to wake up his dad and muttering about staying positive. Skate 4 would be cool, but right now I'm very apprehensive.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

dask8d00d

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2014, 05:48:54 PM »
i think it's inevitable for a new (non-THPS) skateboarding game to come out for the next gen consoles. its all a matter of what developer picks it up and where they go with it. watch 2k pick up the Street League license and make SLS 2k15 lol

Granka

• Rep: 2
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2014, 12:36:13 PM »
That Albert-dude from the Kickstarter-video is the fucking worst. That motherfucker has been making endless videos on YouTube about lies of Skate 4 coming out to make money and he blocks everyone who calls him out and deletes every comment when people call him out on his bullshit. The dude even requires kids to pay him for being on his Xbox-friendlist! And the dude doesn't even skate in real life and does his circus-skating called "Tricklining" in the game which makes me want to puke.

And who is this random dude apparently from Black Box-studio? Why is he so mysterious?

I have info from the original people of Black Box-studio that the first Skate-game cost 20 millions to make and these dudes (who apparently have only 1 guy who has experience) are gonna make a completely new game for 500k? Bitch please! The flickit-system and the franchise is still owned by EA, so these guys can't use ANY of it!

So, I call bullshit on it! Only EA can make a fourth one, not these scam-artists.

juhzden

• Rep: 6
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2014, 02:12:52 PM »
That Albert-dude from the Kickstarter-video is the fucking worst. That motherfucker has been making endless videos on YouTube about lies of Skate 4 coming out to make money and he blocks everyone who calls him out and deletes every comment when people call him out on his bullshit. The dude even requires kids to pay him for being on his Xbox-friendlist! And the dude doesn't even skate in real life and does his circus-skating called "Tricklining" in the game which makes me want to puke.

And who is this random dude apparently from Black Box-studio? Why is he so mysterious?

I have info from the original people of Black Box-studio that the first Skate-game cost 20 millions to make and these dudes (who apparently have only 1 guy who has experience) are gonna make a completely new game for 500k? Bitch please! The flickit-system and the franchise is still owned by EA, so these guys can't use ANY of it!

So, I call bullshit on it! Only EA can make a fourth one, not these scam-artists.

I didn't even think that was the same kid. I actually saw this kickstarter a few days ago and skipped to the phone call. As soon as he said he doesn't skate in real life (which I new anyway because of the Y&R), I exited out.

Tenterhooks

• Rep: 112
  • I love you x
    • http://davidgalletly.com avatar image
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2014, 03:32:06 AM »
Skate 3: What Tricklinning Really Is

If this guy made a game, it would be a shitty game.
"Was I a hero? Maybe to Hero, I was a hero." - Doug Brown

Granka

• Rep: 2
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2014, 04:52:31 AM »
Amen brother!

juhzden

• Rep: 6
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2014, 10:34:05 PM »
Holy fucking dweebass. He should NOT make a video game.

I actually wish he won't be successful in making a skateboarding video game in the future.

dask8d00d

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2014, 11:12:28 PM »

As someone who has followed this game since skate 1 was first revealed, posted on the OG fluckit forums, made an online team before it was a thing, put out 3 video parts, & has pretty much mastered all 3 games, I am truly disgusted by this chode. Dead ass serious

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2014, 11:32:46 PM »

I tried to watch this but I couldn't follow through because it made me sick. I made an appointment with an oncologist.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2014, 12:06:17 AM »
thats my account, tricklinin is revolutionary u guys are just old geezrs
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

pencil

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -131
  • my other account is abudabi
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2014, 08:54:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

As someone who has followed this game since skate 1 was first revealed, posted on the OG fluckit forums, made an online team before it was a thing, put out 3 video parts, & has pretty much mastered all 3 games, I am truly disgusted by this chode. Dead ass serious

i think its very fitting that you refer to them as the "OG flickit forums" and he talks about how he is at his "OG spot that he found."  Im glad youve both established the authority you hold over us plebeians
would you rather read an abudabi post or have a screwdriver shoved up your ass?

dask8d00d

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2014, 09:22:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

i think its very fitting that you refer to them as the "OG flickit forums" and he talks about how he is at his "OG spot that he found."  Im glad youve both established the authority you hold over us plebeians

the FLUCKIT (not flickit) forums was the very first internet community for making skate teams & videos back before the first game even came out. I was a part of one team then formed my out & we even put out a full vid. Im just saying i got love for the franchise and have put a lot of hours into all 3 games so to see a clown like this try to show out on the internet is very annoying to me.