Author Topic: Why did rasa libre disappear?  (Read 11977 times)

steam vent

Re: Why did rasa libre disappear?
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2014, 01:26:40 PM »
I keep forgetting Kenny Reed is on Creation. Never been a huge fan of Creation but you have to give them credit for putting out crazy art boards.

Woah wicked grapics, I'm so down, also would like to know who presses these. Makes me remember that anything could be a graphic, but all i expect is lame logos and shit   

sleepypancakes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2014, 01:41:38 PM »
Expand Quote
I keep forgetting Kenny Reed is on Creation. Never been a huge fan of Creation but you have to give them credit for putting out crazy art boards.

[close]
Woah wicked grapics, I'm so down, also would like to know who presses these. Makes me remember that anything could be a graphic, but all i expect is lame logos and shit   
creation's graphics are super super shitty, the fonts are terrible and terribly placed and they just don't appeal. They also charge ~$65 for a board

steam vent

« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2014, 01:58:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
creation's graphics are super super shitty, the fonts are terrible and terribly placed and they just don't appeal. They also charge ~$65 for a board
Gotta say at 2nd look, not feeling the script either, at all tbh, really out of place looking imo. Still would be cool without out the rasta coloured "Barry Walsh" though. 65 so like 100 in Canada? thats kinda lame. Put the same graphics on some well made shop decks, with sanskrit lettering or something like that instead and i'd be down though

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2014, 04:00:46 PM »
They're tight and I'd definitely be down to give one a try. Anyone know where Creation are pressed?

Generator

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2014, 04:06:32 PM »
Expand Quote
They're tight and I'd definitely be down to give one a try. Anyone know where Creation are pressed?

[close]
Generator

Thanks Morty. I'd be down to support and I checked out the Creation site but decks are $59 + whatever they charge for shipping. That's a little too salty for me with how I fast go through decks.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2014, 04:12:17 PM »
The art is sick but the logo placement more has to do with how graphic design is so different than plain art. It looks like some "art dude" did this more so than a designer. Still....not totally bad.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Young Satchel

• Rep: 19
« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2014, 05:31:20 PM »
Those are hard for me to look at without wincing. It's like someone dragged an L.E. Board through the rainbow gathering.

COMMUNITYPACK

• Rep: 51
« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2014, 05:33:47 PM »
Guys, can we please refrain from turing the Rasa Libre appreciation thread into a Creation Skateboards thread?

One was epic, well thought out, unique and had a team of underrated sylish rippers (I'm still talking the OG DLX version here).

The other is Creation Skateboards.

b.v.

« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2014, 05:37:26 PM »
There is a reason A mass exodus from Satori/Creation happened.
Kooky folks doing kooky things.

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Welcome to another chapter of audio sodemy
« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2014, 08:56:03 PM »
It's like someone dragged an L.E. Board through the rainbow gathering.

hahahaha

I can't believe matt pailes still has a board out

thats fucking crazy
sanch dont be mad because your wife used to clean my mansion

and................... your still a mark!!!!!

Harem

« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2014, 05:01:53 AM »
I use to buy Rasa Libre boards off Luke Croker for a while.

Can we get a list of riders who use to ride for Rasa Libre?

Matt Field, Mike Daher, Kenny Reed, Nate Jones, Ben Gore, Ryan Lay, Jon Newport, Dylan Rieder, Kenny Reed, Nilton Neeves, Jack Saaback, Luke Croker, Omar Salazar.

Endless Toedrag

• Rep: -13
« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2014, 06:32:54 AM »
I'm keeping my fingers crossed this elephant/Matt field thing happens.  I know, especially when juggling being a dad, how much of a light skating can bring back into your life.  He deserves it and it would be a good fit for the team.  I would have loved to see matt field also on that elephant/berrics clip that just came out.
There's a code that ya better know.

ALZ

• Rep: 1
« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2014, 08:24:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Generator
[close]

Thanks Morty. I'd be down to support and I checked out the Creation site but decks are $59 + whatever they charge for shipping. That's a little too salty for me with how I fast go through decks.

You can get 20% of your order if you sign-up to the newsletter on their site. I have the Kenny Reed Visionary deck, looks better in reality then on the picutre.

Rasa Libre was sick, hope Field will get a new board sponsor.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2014, 09:31:57 AM »
I still think Nilton Neves was sick. Wish there was more footage of him. I always loved this:

Nilton Neves - Rasa Libre Intro (2006)
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -606
« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2014, 11:53:51 AM »
I use to buy Rasa Libre boards off Luke Croker for a while.

Can we get a list of riders who use to ride for Rasa Libre?

Matt Field, Mike Daher, Kenny Reed, Nate Jones, Ben Gore, Ryan Lay, Jon Newport, Dylan Rieder, Kenny Reed, Nilton Neeves, Jack Saaback, Luke Croker, Omar Salazar.
i dont think luke rode for them.

joel meinholz, brian bothelo, max van arnem, reese forbes, jesse narvaez, and nathan porter. that evan kinori or whatever guy in those magenta montages was flowed i think by both rasa incarnations.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

gnidraobetaks

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 22
  • this is joab
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2014, 12:08:17 PM »
creation boards are only $49.95 at my local shop. some of their graphics are too jahbabylonbloodclotrasta for me, but its generator wood and they got proper sizes and shapes.

Gotta manscape ... it's mandatory.

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Welcome to another chapter of audio sodemy
« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2014, 03:30:57 PM »
sanch dont be mad because your wife used to clean my mansion

and................... your still a mark!!!!!