Author Topic: King of the Road 2013: Webisode 1-16  (Read 42297 times)

nylin

Re: King of the Road 2013: Webisode 1
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2014, 12:56:20 PM »
Jerry actually left because of Jimmy.  True story. Confirmed.

Can't blame him.

ben shraider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -264
Re: King of the Road 2013: Webisode 1,2
« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2014, 01:06:36 PM »
Corys wallride backside flip  :o caught it like perfect. And Raven is nuts with that boneless. King of the Road never gets old.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2014, 01:15:01 PM »
Expand Quote
who is really a fan of jimmy carlin i mean really this dude has to be the most unfunny dude on earth.?  His skating is ok but if it wasn't for enjoi being around who else would want this kid
[close]

His skating is just OK? Dude's a killer on a skateboard

it depends how you take me saying his skating is ok.  What you want me to do praise jimmy carlin's skating like slap praises busenitz's skating.  Yeah jimmys good but so is a lot of other people.  He's just plain hard to watch.

BALT

• Rep: -28
« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2014, 02:19:01 PM »
jimmy sold a lot of boards for Mystery. so there probably are companies that would want him.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2014, 02:20:10 PM »
jimmy sold a lot of boards for Mystery. so there probably are companies that would want him.

Also just as far as team chemistry, he fits better on Enjoi than Mystery. I always wondered if Windser got along with dude.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

PumpkinEsc0bar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -127
  • cleaner than a broke dick dog
« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2014, 02:51:16 PM »
where do they find these babes?

self-loathing gnarcissist

• Rep: -92
« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2014, 02:58:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
who is really a fan of jimmy carlin i mean really this dude has to be the most unfunny dude on earth.??  His skating is ok but if it wasn't for enjoi being around who else would want this kid
[close]

[close]

it depends how you take me saying his skating is ok.?  What you want me to do praise jimmy carlin's skating like slap praises busenitz's skating.?  Yeah jimmys good but so is a lot of other people.?  He's just plain hard to watch.

Obviously he doen't deserve the Busenitz level of praise. But to say he's just okay and hard to watch is weird. His feed the need part was epic

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2014, 05:21:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
who is really a fan of jimmy carlin i mean really this dude has to be the most unfunny dude on earth.??  His skating is ok but if it wasn't for enjoi being around who else would want this kid
[close]

[close]

it depends how you take me saying his skating is ok.?  What you want me to do praise jimmy carlin's skating like slap praises busenitz's skating.?  Yeah jimmys good but so is a lot of other people.?  He's just plain hard to watch.
[close]

Obviously he doen't deserve the Busenitz level of praise. But to say he's just okay and hard to watch is weird. His feed the need part was epic

Been a fan of Carlin since i first heard of him on the es game of skate in like 2005 or 4. The on Jim bates won. I do think Carlin was more interesting to watch when his skating did the talking not all the wild childish antics which can def be funny at times but not 24/7.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2014, 05:39:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Been a fan of Carlin since i first heard of him on the es game of skate in like 2005 or 4. The on Jim bates won. I do think Carlin was more interesting to watch when his skating did the talking not all the wild childish antics which can def be funny at times but not 24/7.
thank you every clip he has is him trying to be funny.  Why won't someone just keep it real with him and tell him he's not.  He's trying way too hard.  Enjoi was funny because things they did was clever and smart i got a feeling jimmy is just running it into the ground.  Jimmy is clearly the kid who can't let go of a joke that was funny years ago.

shred420

• Rep: -25
« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2014, 06:33:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm just stoked you mentioned Jim bates, that dude is a local legend.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2014, 12:05:00 AM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Re: King of the Road 2013: Webisode 1,2,3
« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2014, 12:20:33 AM »
If Robbie Brockel doesn't turn pro soon then so help me...

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2014, 12:53:44 AM »
Man...that drink your own piss thing was gnarly.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

shark tits

« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2014, 12:59:13 AM »
i've done it, not that big a deal. drinking girl's pee straight out the tap is gnarlier.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
Re: King of the Road 2013: Webisode 1
« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2014, 02:57:32 AM »
unfortunately for nestor, HAving pRetty gooD style isn't one of the Challenges. OPY
QFFT

ALABAMAMAN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -196
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2014, 03:06:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
i've done it, not that big a deal. drinking girl's pee straight out the tap is gnarlier.
thank you sir!

G raham

• Rep: -47
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2014, 05:09:37 AM »
Wish they did more creative challenges but still sort of funny. Is anyone at all sceptical about how easily they find the bitches that can do tricks? A stripper that can skate is like a one in a million surely. Same with last years' criteria like a married woman over 50 who can kickflip or some shit.
Well guys, there's nothing better than getting out there and skateboarding. - Shane O'Neill.

Nosesalad

• Rep: 5
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2014, 07:47:34 AM »
Wish they did more creative challenges but still sort of funny. Is anyone at all sceptical about how easily they find the bitches that can do tricks? A stripper that can skate is like a one in a million surely. Same with last years' criteria like a married woman over 50 who can kickflip or some shit.

Not particularly. What's your conspiracy theory? Do you think thrasher just has a warehouse full of middle-aged women that can kickflip or something?

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2014, 08:56:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
who is really a fan of jimmy carlin i mean really this dude has to be the most unfunny dude on earth.??  His skating is ok but if it wasn't for enjoi being around who else would want this kid
[close]

[close]

it depends how you take me saying his skating is ok.?  What you want me to do praise jimmy carlin's skating like slap praises busenitz's skating.?  Yeah jimmys good but so is a lot of other people.?  He's just plain hard to watch.
[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm just stoked you mentioned Jim bates, that dude is a local legend.

Wasnt he from the valley? i know he had a lot of clips in LA including almost bs flipping hollywood 16 if im not mistaking. this was in like 2000 i think.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 08:58:27 AM by Monkey_Mcpott »

work lurk

• Rep: 0
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2014, 10:07:32 AM »
KOTR is currently my favorite thing happening in skateboarding.

Charles Smith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2014, 10:42:51 AM »
justin timberbrock does the BAs some justice

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2014, 10:47:25 AM »
In the new Skateboard Mag, there's an interview with Elijah where he says during this trip a member of the Birdhouse team told the cops he started a fireworks-related fire.  I immediately thought  "Oh it must be confirmed snitch David Loy," but he wasn't in that van right?

Lucas Puig ripped while holding that towel and all, but Jim Bates beat Koston in SKATE while holding a water bottle.  That's the shit that legends are made of.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2014, 10:53:35 AM »
gerwer just hanging out, painting rails...
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

theoldiesguy

« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2014, 10:54:05 AM »
Piss...

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2014, 10:55:51 AM »
Jake Ruiz and Robbie Brockel are so gnarly.

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2014, 11:49:09 AM »
Jake Ruiz's firing line was sick, and Jake D. always puts in work. Long story short, KOTR needs more people named Jake who rip.

Being short is the motorcycle of life.

« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2014, 11:51:18 AM »

I'm pretty sue that stripper was a dude

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2014, 03:09:52 PM »
[move]Always love this stuff, hope it comes out on hard copy[/move]

[move]                                                                                                                                                  8=D[/move]

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2014, 03:40:10 PM »
Good to see Jake Ruiz on real for real. He's at the top of the heap of the next generation of rail skaters. He's gonna be legendary if he keeps doing what he's doing

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #89 on: January 08, 2014, 08:28:03 PM »
Good to see Jake Ruiz on real for real. He's at the top of the heap of the next generation of rail skaters. He's gonna be legendary if he keeps doing what he's doing

Pretty sure he was supposed to have had his welcome to the team ad by now but he hurt his knee a few months back and has been recovering from it ever since.