Author Topic: Good pants?  (Read 17623 times)

johnes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
Re: Good pants?
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2014, 05:15:34 PM »
Any pants that's aren't really tight or really baggy and have the 1 or 2% spandex are fine with me. I only bought skate brand jeans for the first time last year. The spandex just feels so much better than not having it.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2014, 05:18:45 PM »
Any pants that's aren't really tight or really baggy and have the 1 or 2% spandex are fine with me. I only bought skate brand jeans for the first time last year. The spandex just feels so much better than not having it.
I'm at a crossroads on this one. I love stretch pants but the waist always stretches too, so after 2 days of wearing them you need a belt.

They should make it all stretch except the waist

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2014, 05:24:58 PM »
I only have one pair where the waist is too loose; Matix Marc Johnson's I'm not sure exactly which ones they are though ( but they are slim fit). They are my favorite pants too. Fourstar Guy regular fit jeans are nice as are the fourstar collective slims. I'm wearing a pair of Matix Miner jeans right now and they are a bit too tight around my legs, so I don't really skate in these. Of course I am a fat guy some some things that are too tight for me might be fine for others with non fat legs.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

AssBandit

• Rep: 60
  • trip ouuuuttt brooooo...
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2014, 05:40:08 PM »
saw a pair of new dockers alpha khaki's in a thrift for $7 the very same day i saw that video.  they fit good and are pretty durable.  i just can't fuck with synthetic fibers in pants either. don't need no stretch, just natural 100% cotton breath ability. 

also, anyone know of a luxury brand that skates well?  been on maiden noir slim chinos for a min, but it's got to be too wasteful when they start to break apart from skating. 

for jeans that are cheap w/a good fit, levis 513 all the way. 

jpppppphoto

• Rep: -5
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2014, 08:11:22 PM »
i'd say try the  volcom frickin Modern Stretch they i think they feel better skating then the regular ones. and stay away from the dc pants they rip every fall for me.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2014, 12:16:07 AM »
Uniqlo, Krew, levi's 501, dickies and altamont all make good shit.

Pretty much this.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2014, 12:21:41 AM »
THRIFT STORE OR SHOPLIFT, DUH, WHAT THE FUCK Y'ALL

Young Satchel

• Rep: 19
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2014, 06:21:21 AM »
saw a pair of new dockers alpha khaki's in a thrift for $7 the very same day i saw that video.  they fit good and are pretty durable.  i just can't fuck with synthetic fibers in pants either. don't need no stretch, just natural 100% cotton breath ability. 

also, anyone know of a luxury brand that skates well?  been on maiden noir slim chinos for a min, but it's got to be too wasteful when they start to break apart from skating. 

for jeans that are cheap w/a good fit, levis 513 all the way. 

Had a couple pairs of alphas that did pretty well. Wasn't skating at the time but they stood up to my cycling abuse messengering, and the taper and inseam length were perfect for staying out of the way of chainring teeth.

I wear a lot of what you refer to as "luxury" clothing. At my age I find it a much better investment to spend a decent chunk of change on a pair of pants and get 3-5 years out of them rather than 9-12 months. Pound for pound I would say APC is the best one of said brands that I skate in on the regular. I've got a pair of new standards that I've been wearing for about 18 months. The great thing about those is if you go to the NYC store, and they like how fucked up you've made them through wear, they will buy the pair back and give you 50% off a new pair.

Skating some APC x Carhartts right now on occasion. Great cut and feel, but they honestly aren't built as well as either brands go-to models.

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2014, 09:41:50 AM »
volcom vortex jeans

dillanharp

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2014, 02:20:11 PM »

AssBandit

• Rep: 60
  • trip ouuuuttt brooooo...
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2014, 03:36:25 PM »
Expand Quote
saw a pair of new dockers alpha khaki's in a thrift for $7 the very same day i saw that video.� they fit good and are pretty durable.� i just can't fuck with synthetic fibers in pants either. don't need no stretch, just natural 100% cotton breath ability.�

also, anyone know of a luxury brand that skates well?� been on maiden noir slim chinos for a min, but it's got to be too wasteful when they start to break apart from skating.�

for jeans that are cheap w/a good fit, levis 513 all the way.�
[close]

Had a couple pairs of alphas that did pretty well. Wasn't skating at the time but they stood up to my cycling abuse messengering, and the taper and inseam length were perfect for staying out of the way of chainring teeth.

I wear a lot of what you refer to as "luxury" clothing. At my age I find it a much better investment to spend a decent chunk of change on a pair of pants and get 3-5 years out of them rather than 9-12 months. Pound for pound I would say APC is the best one of said brands that I skate in on the regular. I've got a pair of new standards that I've been wearing for about 18 months. The great thing about those is if you go to the NYC store, and they like how fucked up you've made them through wear, they will buy the pair back and give you 50% off a new pair.

Skating some APC x Carhartts right now on occasion. Great cut and feel, but they honestly aren't built as well as either brands go-to models.
i usually avoid riding bikes in pants i want to keep, so that's crazy the alpha's didn't blow out on you.  

that's interesting about APC too. i've always liked the APC x Carhartts colab idea.  I've also had several friends that swear by the petit standard denim for fit and durability.  i've yet to meet anyone thats worn the trade-in denim tho.    

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2014, 03:40:45 PM »
THRIFT STORE OR SHOPLIFT, DUH, WHAT THE FUCK Y'ALL
Skaters have money now, it's weird

Young Satchel

• Rep: 19
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2014, 03:56:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
saw a pair of new dockers alpha khaki's in a thrift for $7 the very same day i saw that video.� they fit good and are pretty durable.� i just can't fuck with synthetic fibers in pants either. don't need no stretch, just natural 100% cotton breath ability.�

also, anyone know of a luxury brand that skates well?� been on maiden noir slim chinos for a min, but it's got to be too wasteful when they start to break apart from skating.�

for jeans that are cheap w/a good fit, levis 513 all the way.�
[close]

[close]
i usually avoid riding bikes in pants i want to keep, so that's crazy the alpha's didn't blow out on you.  

that's interesting about APC too. i've always liked the APC x Carhartts colab idea.  I've also had several friends that swear by the petit standard denim for fit and durability.  i've yet to meet anyone thats worn the trade-in denim tho.    

You can trade in any of their blue, raw denim models. It's just not advertised and dependent on the manager liking them. Sorta weird. Then they slang em off to some one who has way more money than time and wants the worn look for x2 the price of a normal pair. It's clearly a winning hustle for them, but it works for me so fuck it.  Petit standards are a lil too slim for skating if you ask me, but I rock em all day otherwise

Pango

• Rep: -30
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2014, 12:17:23 PM »
if you can find analog pants they are really good and since they are going out of business in terms of skate softgoods they are hella cheap check snowboard sites and shit for them or if you live in MA you can just go to the Burton Outlet

Burton pants are pretty good too

A.A

• Rep: -52
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2014, 03:54:27 PM »
www.jimmyxsweats.com

tha fuck is going on with that site??? just a picture of him.
Twin Perks

Jared

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • Die Slow
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2014, 10:07:44 AM »
http://www.ergoclothing.com/2011/07/12/andrew-cannon-signature-pant-now-available/

Hands down my favorite pair of pants I've ever owned. They've lasted through 2 years of skate sessions without ever tearing. Wish I would've bought 2 pairs.

harrison ford invented the first car, in America

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2014, 09:21:36 PM »
Ecko actually makes quality shit, I just copped a pair of the "Bowery" pants, and some slim cargo pants from the ecko store, $5.00 a pair.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 823
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2014, 12:30:21 AM »
Expand Quote

tha fuck is going on with that site??? just a picture of him.

for real if dude is selling 100$ sweatpants i want to at least see what they look like 

also, Krew K slim chinos , the Og elwood pops shuffler chino ( some pairs are still out there). Denim is for 8th graders

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2014, 06:43:52 AM »
Puma track bottoms. Mesh inside,  light and comfortable.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2014, 11:49:16 AM »
Got some Dickies poplin slim straight pants and they feel good and fit good. They grip your balls like a mother fucker so i got em a size bigger

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2014, 12:50:28 PM »

shark tits

« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2014, 12:58:08 PM »

i've had friends who would sew stuff like that. i knew this junkie girl in baton rouge who sewed a bra onto a t-shirt. she'd be on suboxins and benzos and still drink a handle of vodka a day. sometimes she'd share a benzo but never her vodka. we all thought she had the AIDS but she moved to colorado and has a bf so prolly it was a foul rumor.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2014, 01:03:56 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
i've had friends who would sew stuff like that. i knew this junkie girl in baton rouge who sewed a bra onto a t-shirt. she'd be on suboxins and benzos and still drink a handle of vodka a day. sometimes she'd share a benzo but never her vodka. we all thought she had the AIDS but she moved to colorado and has a bf so prolly it was a foul rumor.
Cool story, Hansel.

shark tits

« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2014, 01:10:32 PM »
thanks derek

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2014, 01:12:44 PM »

HASHTAG

• Rep: -18
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2014, 03:08:43 AM »
Matix Gripper Twill are the only pairs I'll skate from now on. Perfect fit. Kind of like Dickies 873 Slim Straight, but they don't get up your ass. Also they're really stretchy and have great quality. You could get the Grippers in Twill materials or denim, and some are made like cargos.

#HASHTAG

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2014, 04:01:48 AM »
for anyone who continuously destroys pants skating the levis from their skate line are pretty indestructible, i want to get rid of mine solely based on the fact im tired of looking down on them from having them so long and wearing them every day

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2014, 09:44:05 PM »
I stick to core brands...I think pant brands that historically make pants like Levi's and Dickie's have no place in skateboarding......

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2014, 10:15:05 PM »
I run shrink to fit 501s and Dickies.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 765
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2014, 10:19:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I'm at a crossroads on this one. I love stretch pants but the waist always stretches too, so after 2 days of wearing them you need a belt.

They should make it all stretch except the waist

Tracer. Wow. I'm amazed. That's so true.

nothing's been the since same