Author Topic: DayZ Standalone  (Read 22188 times)

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 464
  • Pure East
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: DayZ Standalone
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2014, 07:55:55 AM »
***UPDATE***

Any thoughts or comments on the new update released this week?

I had a very nice stash going & got fucking killed by a zombie in like 4 hits..

They really need to fix the issues associated with housing boarders and zombies.

At the very least I get to loot the map again.

The new buildings & some of the additives are pretty neat, still a looooong way to go though.
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

Ross Norman - Last of the Mohicans

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
  • Pure East
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2014, 10:24:17 AM »
***In Need of Others***

Looking for some other people to run around with as other players have become increasingly ruthless..

SteamID: Phrosty88

Foray

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
  • Miglios
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2014, 12:20:10 PM »
I haven't been playing the Standalone at all since I started playing ARMA 3 Breaking Point.   I may try to join today though. 

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2014, 10:34:11 AM »
***In Need of Others***

Looking for some other people to run around with as other players have become increasingly ruthless..

hey dude, is your steam pic the guy with a bag over his head? If so, we're steam friends. I'm down to play some time, I haven't gotten on in a while. Evenings and weekends are good, just hit me up.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
  • Pure East
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2014, 07:49:00 AM »
Expand Quote
***In Need of Others***

[close]
hey dude, is your steam pic the guy with a bag over his head? If so, we're steam friends. I'm down to play some time, I haven't gotten on in a while. Evenings and weekends are good, just hit me up.

Yes, me and one other person play under the banner of the bagged man.

Join a party if you see us in game, people are getting ruthless in Charna.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2014, 07:57:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
***In Need of Others***

[close]
[close]

Haha damn, if it's more ruthless than a month or so ago then I'm scared. Alright yeah, I'll keep an eye out. We can set up a steam group chat so we can find each other/talk without anyone near by knowing we're plotting against them.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
  • Pure East
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2014, 10:13:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
***In Need of Others***

[close]
[close]

[close]
Haha damn, if it's more ruthless than a month or so ago then I'm scared. Alright yeah, I'll keep an eye out. We can set up a steam group chat so we can find each other/talk without anyone near by knowing we're plotting against them.

I've started using Teamspeak 3 on the GreenScream server & it has really taken the game to a whole new level . . .

Nothing like big groups of people yelling at each other in confusion as to who-is-who, while constantly popping off rounds . . .

I highly recommend Teamspeak for organizing bandit raids and for holding down establishments . . .

shit_for_brains

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2014, 10:48:08 PM »
I've got a bootcamped mackbook pro that's set up to run after effects and cinema 4d as fast as it can, so I could run Day Z properly on the windows side, right? I've been wanting to get in on this for awhile but haven't done it yet. I'm still cruising around in GTA online acting like an asshole but I'm way tired of it.

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
  • Pure East
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2014, 05:58:08 AM »
^ Yeah you probably could run it but . . . ^

I'm not saying don't buy SA but consider that the game runs the original ARMA 2 engine with oodles of code written on top of it, much of which was never intended to run on the aforementioned engine.

The game ran great for a while but has become a persistent source of aggravation from constant crashes & buggy game-play, to rampant cheaters & now broken loot tables.

This game is still super fun at it's best moments & an absolute nightmare at it's worst, with a probable completion date of never due to the unrealistic ambitions of it's devs (why would you try to take something that already works & try to make it better).

The original mod is more fun IMO but SA is way more cinematic in its game-play & runs a little bit better; the servers dictate your FPS in both & render massive swaths of the environment even if you are not in that particular area, so both can run pretty bad.

raunchyrick

• Rep: 36
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2015, 06:02:51 PM »
I've been playing this game a lot lately.

I've never given this game much of a chance, but once I got past the steep learning curve this game gets really fun. I'd highly recommend it!