Author Topic: Backside airs  (Read 2961 times)

sk8nism

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
Backside airs
« on: January 13, 2014, 06:08:17 PM »
What the fuck is the trick to backside airs (nose grab)? seems easy but definitely is not

JBones

• Rep: -88
Re: Backside airs
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 12:48:12 AM »
I hear ya on this one.

shark tits

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 12:55:59 AM »
from experience, diddle eye joe to damned if i know. from common sense i'd say do em under coping til they're comfortable then go faster and do em legit. baby steps.

silkyjohnson

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 02:29:43 AM »
I remember reading a Grant Taylor interview asking what his secret was to his bs airs and his reply was "just bump those back wheels player"

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 08:30:43 AM »
Try to do backside pivots where you grab the nose the entire time. After a while of those you should get the idea of how to catch air with it. It's like a scoop. If you can find a bowl/ramp with a hip/snowplow then try them over that at first
fuck you bama

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 10:42:43 PM »
I've done shitty ones on vert and you do a nose grab kick turn....then lift your back foot off the ramp.....eventually you go faster an scoop your tail an bump your back wheels....

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 11:29:28 AM »
I remember reading a Grant Taylor interview asking what his secret was to his bs airs and his reply was "just bump those back wheels player"

Pretty sure this was about his frontside airs, but i'd imagine getting that scoop and bumpin those backs would help on backside airs as well.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 03:51:33 PM »
yeah, yeah, i'm late and drunk...what else is new?

anyway, i'm a born and bred street dude. took me a while to adapt to tranny, but you know when you backside 180 a garbage can on flat or some shit and you're really just doing an ollie but tweaking yourself for a 180 as you return to earth? well, i applied that to ramp and it seems to work. ollie straight-ish, but turn your shoulders more. your back foot will guide it in.

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 04:59:56 PM »
I have a friend who can do really high ones who said he just pretends like he's kickturning on an invisible vert wall. I've never put this to the test but it makes a lot of theoretical sense to me.

Leifkennedy

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2014, 09:43:17 PM »
Ollie high bs and idk about vert