Author Topic: Wobbley loose trucks yo!  (Read 9254 times)

steam vent

Wobbley loose trucks yo!
« on: January 20, 2014, 07:00:59 AM »
People always trip that i ride my front truck wobbley and my back one loose but I can barely ride on even medium tight trucks, lets talk methods, 1 truck or 2 and why

How
 I use bones soft bushings and have an old baseplate side one that I ripped the plastic middle piece out of and that lets me get my wobble on with out the nut falling off   

Why
Way more fun! feels way safer/in control, makes it easier to bash up stuff slappy style and its seems to almost give some shock/shake absorbtion as well as making pebbles/rocks way less of an issue. The feeling of pushing is wayy better imo as the board follows/moves with your push instead of your push having to follow your board

edit: Im wobblin with Indy's
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 08:10:40 AM by T »

fatuglyjohnjohn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
Re: Wobbley loose trucks yo!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 08:06:06 AM »
Rode shakey indys with with two top indy bushings in both trucks for years, last year got my first set of aces. Two top ace bushings in each truck, wobbly as can be. Best switch ive ever made hands down. Aces get soooooo loose its amazing i feel so comfortable pushing on my board.

ben shraider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -264
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 12:21:02 PM »
I kinda go back an forth with really wobbly and medium. Usually just don't ever tighten the trucks and they end up getting loose. Couple months ago I had my front truck rattling really much and the back truck just a little bit. It's fun, when you're in full control of the movement of the board, and pushing feels so much more fun, but then at least I lose quite much in pop and controlling my ollie and also a little speed.

Recently I got fed up with all the wheel bites and inconsistancy, and tightend the trucks to like medium, and right now it feels way more fun to be able to go really fast and do flips and everything else more consistantly.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 03:53:31 PM »
Movements are so restricted with tight trucks. A friend of mine rides super tight trucks and winds his arms up like he's about to do a back 3 when he does a back 180 and even on front boards he does it. I definitely feel like the reason the way my tricks look improved compared to a few years ago is due to loose trucks. Looser trucks are more forgiving on imperfections on landings too and you avoid that terrible feeling you get when somebody steps on your board and tells you your trucks are tight.

steam vent

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 04:16:33 PM »
Movements are so restricted with tight trucks. A friend of mine rides super tight trucks and winds his arms up like he's about to do a back 3 when he does a back 180 and even on front boards he does it. I definitely feel like the reason the way my tricks look improved compared to a few years ago is due to loose trucks. Looser trucks are more forgiving on imperfections on landings too and you avoid that terrible feeling you get when somebody steps on your board and tells you your trucks are tight.
Totally agree with this, I feel like I almost wheelbite worse landing(I dont really jump off shit though) when my front truck isnt wobbley. The looseness in the front feels like it absorbs the off balance landing and my somewhat tighter but still really quite loose back truck springs me back to fully upright/balanced, kind of an elastic feeling, feels good imo.   

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 04:24:02 PM »
I can't recall a time when I didn't ride loose trucks, the whole idea of tight trucks doesn't even make sense to me.

poopmonkey

• Rep: 20
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 04:33:24 PM »
so this is the new cool thing to do?

shark tits

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 04:40:22 PM »
so this is the new cool thing to do?
sounds like it. i always keep the front a little looser cause someone put me up on game a hundred million yrs ago and now it's long formed habit like cigs. seems kinda shtoops cause i skate switch too but last 2 trucks i've had the front pivot cup has gone to shit and it wobbles a little. if i had my druthers i'd fix it but that sounds too much like work. i'm Irish, i'll get used to anything.

ALABAMAMAN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -196
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 05:20:31 PM »

I was skating indy's 149 that where almost wobble loose.
After i saw this clips, i started skated my trucks wobble loose like matt rodriguez.
the only problem was that my king pin bolt would fall off time to time.
then my homie told me that nestor judkins skates his truck wobble loose and super glues the fuck out of his bold.
tried it and it worked for a little while but the glue would skate off. now i just have super glue around to fix my bolt if it falls off.
flattened bushing from old trucks work best for loose trucks. got some 151 thunder hollows and put my old indy bushing in them and there perfect now
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 05:23:03 PM by ALABAMAMAN »

soccer mom

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2014, 09:08:44 PM »
"I don't usually do wobbly trucks, but when I do I prefer Ace's"
  -The worlds most interesting man(woman)

steam vent

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 06:56:19 AM »
For all the skate product developers lurking here, get your company to make special bushings for the wobblers!

Edit: get Matt Rodriguez paid off it too! M. Rod pro model bushings!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 07:01:33 AM by T »

Leifkennedy

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 01:06:31 PM »
I don't think this works at all you will just wheel bite and catch speed wobbles. And it fucks up your stee

steam vent

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 01:27:08 PM »
I don't think this works at all you will just wheel bite and catch speed wobbles. And it fucks up your stee
You must be a troll but still....

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2014, 01:47:01 PM »
never skated tight trucks, i can't even push with them. went from medium to pretty lose, basically i had to adapt to broken bushings and i started to like it more. i ride indys with soft bones, although i may switch to mediums in summer. i have to admit that i find certain tricks harder to do with super loose trucks, for example 360 flips. it most certainly made my ollies lazier, too. but it's just too fun to ride lose trucks. it's like you can never go back.

gtfo, speed wobbles are awesome, you never made it out alive of a serious one if you hate on them.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 02:29:10 PM by Frank »

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2014, 02:23:26 PM »
I've skated wobbly loose for so long its impossible to go back. I've found when I crouch down for a trick I naturally carve a little bit left or right depending on the trick. When I skate my friends boards who all skate extremely tight trucks I can't get that carve and it completely fucks me up. Its like my first day of skating on a tight board.

railchomper420

• Rep: -35
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2014, 04:44:39 PM »
its called a fucking pivot cup...........

gnidraobetaks

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 22
  • this is joab
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2014, 06:42:34 PM »
the key is bones hard bushings, the short ones. and don't use the bottom washer. shit makes your hanger booty clap like miley.

Gotta manscape ... it's mandatory.

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2014, 07:13:08 PM »
the key is bones hard bushings, the short ones. and don't use the bottom washer. shit makes your hanger booty clap like miley.

That's exactly what I do

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2014, 07:32:37 PM »
my trucks are getting more and more wobbly every day. Indy stock bushings don't last a long time. though I'm not complaining.

Exposure

• Rep: -269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2014, 09:24:05 PM »

So very poorly?
I can ollie 6 decks why would I want to scrape the ground with my tricks

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2014, 09:06:30 PM »
Had to get new bushing for my Indy's and went with Thunder 90 duro bushings. They're shorter than indy bushings so you can get that wobble if you use no washers. Love it.
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

ÜterZörker

• Rep: 4
  • Welcome to the wildwest, did you bring yer pistol?
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2014, 10:00:32 PM »
Whats the deal with ace trucks? I really want a pair, but like whats the dif btw/ the Ace Highs and the Ace Lows? Can't tell from the pics online.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 310
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2014, 11:40:10 PM »
i rode aces recently for the first time ever. there so amazingly loose but still can keep em in control. once you ride em all other trucks are really difficult to get used to.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

ben3350

• Rep: -156
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2014, 12:01:36 AM »
I think the only positive about tight trucks is it's less forgiving to land when you're trying a trick, so it forces you to land it clean or you're more likely to eat shit. I don't know about this, but it feels like you may have better foundational form with tight trucks because theres less room for error, you basically gotta go straight to go. I know Nyjah has insanely tight trucks.

But loose trucks looks so much better. Style is unleashed with loose trucks. Tight truck skaters often look stiff and rigid and lack a certain grace. They also look like they are putting more effort into a trick, and not in a good way.

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • MR.MADN3SSS LOVES YOU... NT MM
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2014, 10:10:08 AM »
I don't know I skate medium like right in the middle enough give so I never have to tic tac but enough tightness to keep my flip tricks precise and quick and my manuals solid. Everytime a friend steps on my board though epescially these days...

"omg your trucks are so tight your board is so skinny" well you know what? it's not your skateboard is it? it's mine and going to keep it the way I like it regardless of any fuckboy trends that will only be gone in a few years.

westside skateshop

• Rep: 6
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2014, 10:18:17 AM »

Save it!

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 326
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2014, 01:35:50 PM »
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Jared

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • Die Slow
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2014, 01:40:57 PM »
For all the skate product developers lurking here, get your company to make special bushings for the wobblers!

Edit: get Matt Rodriguez paid off it too! M. Rod pro model bushings!
I ride bones hards with my front truck really loose and my back just a bit tighter than the front. so much control it's awesome.

harrison ford invented the first car, in America

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2014, 01:53:56 PM »
i rode aces recently for the first time ever. there so amazingly loose but still can keep em in control. once you ride em all other trucks are really difficult to get used to.

i have them on one of my set ups and ive had to loosen the trucks substantially on my other two boards after riding the ace. ive got krux on my cruiser and i loved them when i first got them. now my front one has a bit of a wobble and the back one is just a little tighter, and they still feel like they turn like shit. i dont think i could run my indys wobbly, and my aces would probably just be insane if they were that loose.

nylin

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2014, 02:38:46 PM »
The Matt Rodriguez technique is key. I cut my bottom bushing in half then sand it down on some grip to get it flattened out.