Author Topic: True Detective  (Read 15462 times)

foureyedjim

Re: True Detective
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2014, 03:13:34 AM »
That last scene pretty much said it all. I get the feeling it will end with Marty and Rust dead and those two present day detectives left to continue the cycle. Nothing changes.

Yeah same here, although I think we'll at least get some sort of reveal before they bite the dust.

chuck d

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.

HeadInLionsMouth

• Rep: 139
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2014, 02:58:36 PM »
Possible big clue leading in to the season finale:

Detective Hart Sees Something That Cannot Be Unseen
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 05:02:21 PM by HeadInLionsMouth »

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2014, 07:00:59 PM »
I had a feeling that fucking guy on the lawnmower was going to come back later. And now we know.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2014, 07:53:48 PM »
i read all of rusty berrings posts in a cool matthew mcconaughey whisper voice now and its rad

yungnol

• Rep: 2
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2014, 09:26:35 PM »

king_in_the_north

• Rep: 27
  • I'm not liquid john
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2014, 05:55:31 AM »
fucking spaghetti remus
also if you read my whole facebook timeline from back in 2007 then this will also prove that magic is real.

PumpkinEsc0bar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -127
  • cleaner than a broke dick dog
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2014, 10:18:43 AM »
Could be dumb but,

Didn't Rust meet/talk to the lawn mower guy? Does he only have the scars on the one side of his face? That could explain Rust not piecing that together yet. I'd rewatch but I don't remember which episode that conversation happens in. Slightly confused on that one..

HeadInLionsMouth

• Rep: 139
« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2014, 10:22:46 AM »
Could be dumb but,

Didn't Rust meet/talk to the lawn mower guy? Does he only have the scars on the one side of his face? That could explain Rust not piecing that together yet. I'd rewatch but I don't remember which episode that conversation happens in. Slightly confused on that one..

I think it's because he had a beard that covered the scars when they first met all those years ago

True Detective - The Lawnmower Man's first appearance

GeorgeHanson

« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2014, 10:36:20 AM »
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this is the best season of a tv show I have ever seen.

Ernie McCracken

• Rep: 35
« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2014, 03:38:40 PM »
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/03/05/craziest-theories-of-how-true-detective-will-end-killer-marty-the-five-horsemen-and-more.html

There are a few interesting and well detailed theories in this article on how the finale will play out. I am definitely curious to see how or if Hart's daughter will be included since there were many little clues about her (the drawings, dolls, crown).

Hands down the best mini series of all time in my book. I used hold Band of Brothers as my favorite, but True Detective has blown me away.

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2014, 09:40:00 AM »

MFLUDER

« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2014, 12:48:46 AM »
I love it,  but the last episode didn't have any of the fear of the others. I guess it needed to be that way to get everything lined up for the story.  I don't think it's going to be too wild,  probably the tuttles and childresses been Killin folks around the bayou for a long time.

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2014, 12:57:27 AM »
I'm a say that Hart's daughter was abused because she knows about the sex rituals, drew those pictures, arranged the dolls. In the last episode Maggie mentioned to Hart that their daughter with bipolar disorder was an artist in New Orleans but they hadn't heard from her in a while. I think they're going to find out that she's being held captive or dead.

Not sure if I think Cohle and Hart will survive.

This show is so fucking evil it makes it hard to sleep at night.

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2014, 10:16:42 AM »
.youtube.com/watch?v=X8zTSDFiI24

This is the funniest shit I've ever seen.

This show is awesome. Can't wait for the finale.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2014, 10:52:52 AM »
it just seems like they have a TON of stuff to cram into this final episode, considering the fact the season kind of ends this storyline for these characters.  it could either be the greatest hour of television ever, or a big disappointment.  however i can't wait to find out.  I'm super bummed this is the last episode of the season.. seriously.  

btw the Marty watching the video scene was yet another Kill List similarity... just saying.

foureyedjim

« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2014, 12:50:52 AM »
Goading people with the allure of conspiracy into coming up with all sorts of theories only to give such a simple explanation at the end.
Brilliant.

Ernie McCracken

• Rep: 35
« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2014, 12:57:32 AM »
I enjoyed the ending. I wasn't expecting some huge twist (obviously after the reveal in episode 7), but there was a lot of build up of a deep conspiracy/cover up and in the end we only get the psycho redneck.

I know they address this in the show when Rust and Marty are talking about the others still out there and they got the guy they were after, but you can't help but want to find out more about this cult and the members (especially the ones in the tape). Also what was all the stuff regarding Marty's daughter? Why was she focused on? especially with the dolls lined up like how they were in the taped ritual.

With that said, Errol's house and Carcosa were extremely creepy. The dolls, piles of childrens clothes, drawings on wall, dead dad on bed with a sewn mouth.. disturbing shit.

All in all, one of the best shows I've seen, and  a very re-watchable one too.  Season 2 has a lot to live up to, they better pick some damn good actors.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 12:59:11 AM by Ernie McCracken »

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2014, 01:06:06 AM »
i like how hbo doesn't just reuse sets or hold characters in certain places like amc does. carcosa felt huge and as with errols house, both looked pretty damn good considering they havent been in the show untill this episode.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

foureyedjim

« Reply #80 on: March 10, 2014, 01:15:00 AM »

I know they address this in the show when Rust and Marty are talking about the others still out there and they got the guy they were after, but you can't help but want to find out more about this cult and the members (especially the ones in the tape). Also what was all the stuff regarding Marty's daughter? Why was she focused on? especially with the dolls lined up like how they were in the taped ritual.

Yeah that's one way of looking at it.  It's possible the relations were all symbolic: maybe showing some inert perversion in Marty's daughter.  

Either that or she was involved with the demon worship (Maggie's dad?) and was let go but the detectives never got the hint since Marty never really shared that part of it to Rust. The daughter probably forgot about it, or sees it as some strange reoccurring dream since she was drugged.  
I'm not entirely sure what Pizzolatto intended to do with that, but either way to me it works out fine.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
« Reply #81 on: March 10, 2014, 02:23:22 AM »
Great fucking show.  Looking forward to seeing how they'll do the next season.  They definitely need to keep the same writer/director and cinematographer.  This shit is golden.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2014, 06:40:50 AM »
Tough act to folloooooow.

Great ending though. Don't think it could've ended any better. Lots of unanswered questions, but still I'm satisfied. Great soundtrack to boot (melvins, wutang etc).

Inner city next?
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

GeorgeHanson

« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2014, 06:54:39 AM »
Its like you all want this show to be directed by M Nght Shamalamanyan

king_in_the_north

• Rep: 27
  • I'm not liquid john
« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2014, 07:00:00 AM »
intense finale, definitely looking forward to a full run through soon.

they should get michael shannon for next season. He kills it on boardwalk (which is wrapping up) and hbo loves to use actors a bunch. here's hoping
also if you read my whole facebook timeline from back in 2007 then this will also prove that magic is real.

redhatchet

• Rep: 44
« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2014, 07:47:21 AM »
I enjoyed the ending. A great finale to an amazing show.

*Don't read ahead, if you haven't seen Episode 8*

When Marty and Rust were both laying there bleeding I thought that might be the end. That their obsession with the case and their vigilante sort of ways would lead them to solving the case personally but that they would die alone and in Carcosa to never be found/or found years years later. That would have made sense to me too, but it was nice to see them both live and Rust kind of shift into being an optimist, or maybe even find some sort of spirituality/religion in the end.
Maybe I'm just so cool I wanna die.

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2014, 08:35:22 AM »
JEEPERS! THE SCHOOL CARETAKER!?

and he wouldve gotten away with it too...

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2014, 09:29:59 AM »
If it wasn't for those meddling true detectives.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2014, 11:00:09 AM »
I like how this guy doesn't talk but he'll shoot up the sheriff's car

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #89 on: March 10, 2014, 04:16:19 PM »
they should get michael shannon for next season. He kills it on boardwalk (which is wrapping up) and hbo loves to use actors a bunch. here's hoping

Yooo...good call, that dude is super fucking intense

so was that black swirly cloud in Carcosa a symptom of Rust's synesthesia or shit?