Author Topic: jim gagne  (Read 22413 times)

AitchBeeGayBuh

• Rep: 2
Re: jim gagne
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2016, 04:12:41 AM »
I was skatin San Pedro park under the bridge some years ago in the mid 2000s when this huge van pulled up. Out popped Al Partenen (this was right after when Born Dead came out) and Gagne n they proceeded to tear up that whole park.

I remember Gagne pulled a 360 over the spine second try as well as crooked and back smiths through that corner pocket in that one bowl that was there.

That Progression part I dig because he skates some cutty OC spots that are still around. He nollie flipped out of a nose slide on the Cardiel ledge??? rad.

In a late 90's transworld he gets asked what he doesn't like, "White guys that dress black, they can take a hike" which I always though was funny.

In this one Skateboard Mag there's a Svitak interview where he said he was bummed that Lucero kicked off Gagne for goin to school behind the Labels back. Sayin something like Lucero wanted them to be like 100 percent skate rats or something like that???

I'll try n look for it to make sure, the memory's a bit foggy.

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2016, 06:44:10 PM »
In this one Skateboard Mag there's a Svitak interview where he said he was bummed that Lucero kicked off Gagne for goin to school behind the Labels back. Sayin something like Lucero wanted them to be like 100 percent skate rats or something like that???

What a completely shitty thing to do. God forbid a skater wants a backup plan for their future! Black Label isn't exactly a nest egg for when you get too old to skate at a professional level, either...

mattchew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 69
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2017, 06:48:08 AM »
I work in Greenfield, MA, Gagne's hometown, and boy let me tell you, it's a shithole.
It is amazing that he got out of this town and turned pro. RULER.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

shark tits

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2017, 06:58:21 AM »
I work in Greenfield, MA, Gagne's hometown, and boy let me tell you, it's a shithole.
that's dope, you must skate UMASS a bunch? UMASS is important for giving us pixies and gagne, 2 of america's buried treasures!
booby prize to broderick and dinosaur jr also tied to the region.

mattchew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 69
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2017, 07:36:31 AM »
that's dope, you must skate UMASS a bunch? UMASS is important for giving us pixies and gagne, 2 of america's buried treasures!
booby prize to broderick and dinosaur jr also tied to the region.

Definitely. The Gagne ledge still gets used! My old roommate did a switch noseslide shove out down it many moons ago, haha.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E