Author Topic: The 'creativity' disclaimer: Aesthetics Versus Effort  (Read 4865 times)

101slasher101

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -9
Re: The 'creativity' disclaimer: Aesthetics Versus Effort
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2014, 05:17:02 AM »
In the past 15 years that I've been a skate nerd, I've seen this happen time and time again. It's fun to watch people trip out over whats not considered core skateboarding. It always follows the same pattern. I don't think that any of the current influences within skateboarding are pushing things in the wrong direction. I've always been hyped on people who push the envelope through how gnarly they are, how technical they are, how stylish they are, and how creative they can be.

It's all rad minus mongo, longboards, early grabs, fly outs, jump ramps to rails, and any and all circus tricks, right?

No matter what happens, we'll always have these limitations that help keep the identity of skateboarding what we want it to be.

I wish Steve Rocco were around to help weed out the bullshit. That would be fun to watch happen all over again in today's market!
Free Gator. Everyone deserves a second chance.

SodaJerk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
Re: The 'creativity' disclaimer: Aesthetics Versus Effort
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2014, 07:01:30 AM »
In the past 15 years that I've been a skate nerd,

I wish Steve Rocco were around to help weed out the bullshit. That would be fun to watch happen all over again in today's market!
If you've been at it for 15 years you sort of missed the most important Rocco years.