Author Topic: ASAP Rocky and Dylan on DKNY  (Read 7149 times)

SK8houses

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
Re: ASAP Rocky and Dylan on DKNY
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2014, 06:29:54 PM »
dog hes in your sig. you can step out of the closet please.
dylan is clothed and skating in that sig..........yours is a topless boy.
 ;)

SketchArmstrong

• Rep: -3
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2014, 10:05:26 PM »
If youre putting the word "swag" in your raps, you are pretty shit, unless its ironic, Who the fuck even wears dkny? rappers from the 90's who still be tryna shine ?

?Even Tommy Hilfiger turned me down, and you think that of all people he would understand how quickly the lower classes can ruin something.? - Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock

dudestbro

• Rep: 1
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2014, 10:59:32 PM »
I haven't heard any sensible reason for hating on Dylan's participation in this. He isn't carrying a skateboard or portraying a skateboarder in this. He's a handsome dude and he's got the typical model body type. He's obviously interested in the fashion world and he definitely got paid. Its an iconic brand and he's working with super model Carla Delevingne and ASAP Rocky. Its a good gig man. Skateboarding is such a small sliver in the big picture of this world. There's no reason to limit yourself or paint yourself into a corner and not explore the experiences and possibilities of where life can take you. I'm sure he's not taking it too seriously and looks at it as a rad side gig to his even more excellent professional skateboard career. No reason to hate dudes.

shark tits

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2014, 11:10:31 PM »
I haven't heard any sensible reason for hating on Dylan's participation in this. He isn't carrying a skateboard or portraying a skateboarder in this. He's a handsome dude and he's got the typical model body type. He's obviously interested in the fashion world and he definitely got paid. Its an iconic brand and he's working with super model Carla Delevingne and ASAP Rocky. Its a good gig man. Skateboarding is such a small sliver in the big picture of this world. There's no reason to limit yourself or paint yourself into a corner and not explore the experiences and possibilities of where life can take you. I'm sure he's not taking it too seriously and looks at it as a rad side gig to his even more excellent professional skateboard career. No reason to hate dudes.
well in a time like this you gotta do what ol jack burton does and that's ask yourself 'would ricky oyola do this?' if you approach life like that you'll always have your dignity like the late whitney houston even if you don't have much money.

Exposure

• Rep: -269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2014, 11:27:24 PM »

I'm gonna call cara a tumblr girl that got insanely lucky and got famous. Big difference between her and a real supermodel. Now, since you believe Dylan's kook behavior is justified by the money he is receiving, this must mean that you believe all other pro skaters who do kook shit for money on the side are unhateable, correct?
I can ollie 6 decks why would I want to scrape the ground with my tricks

dudestbro

• Rep: 1
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2014, 11:47:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm gonna call cara a tumblr girl that got insanely lucky and got famous. Big difference between her and a real supermodel. Now, since you believe Dylan's kook behavior is justified by the money he is receiving, this must mean that you believe all other pro skaters who do kook shit for money on the side are unhateable, correct?

I don't know Cara's path to where she is, but she's there, so it doesn't really matter. I don't believe Dylan's behavior is "kookish," that was the main point of my post (whether it be for money or personal interest or satisfaction or curiosity). So your question doesn't really apply. 

dask8d00d

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2014, 12:44:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Man that's what the fuck I'm saying. 99% of people's opinion on here is always some double standard. Bet if Nyjah were in this exact same commercial doing the exact same shit half of slap would be livid, but nah it's Dylan so this isn't "selling out" or "totally kooking it" like everyone would normally say he's just "being smart & making money outside of skateboarding" or "he's handsome so he should be doing more stuff like this". LOL gimme a fuckin break I swear I like Dylan's skating as much as anybody but y'all niggas give him THE MOST passes for lame shit.  Like come on bro I know we not about to watch the same fuckin "fashion Killa" commercial and act like that shit wasn't at least moderately cringeworthy.

wigs

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2014, 02:23:57 AM »
as long as we're on the subject of "rappers and skateboarders that fit well together"...

i've always thought this footage:

Emerica Stay Gold B-side: Bryan Herman

would look awesome re-edited to this song:

Freddie Gibbs - Flamboyant

petkom

• Rep: 3
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2014, 04:53:06 AM »

steam vent

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2014, 05:53:39 AM »
I don't think anyone actually hates him for doing this. We all would. But that doesn't mean we cant make fun of how wack/cheesy the whole ad looks and how lame dkny is if I knew anything about it. Here is a nipple relevant to this thread

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2014, 06:14:48 AM »
as long as we're on the subject of "rappers and skateboarders that fit well together"...

fuck that there's only one flamboyant ceo

Steyv Seynystyr hyhy

• Rep: -3
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2014, 06:15:39 AM »

thought i saw a flip in there

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2014, 06:19:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Man that's what the fuck I'm saying. 99% of people's opinion on here is always some double standard. Bet if Nyjah were in this exact same commercial doing the exact same shit half of slap would be livid, but nah it's Dylan so this isn't "selling out" or "totally kooking it" like everyone would normally say he's just "being smart & making money outside of skateboarding" or "he's handsome so he should be doing more stuff like this". LOL gimme a fuckin break I swear I like Dylan's skating as much as anybody but y'all niggas give him THE MOST passes for lame shit.  Like come on bro I know we not about to watch the same fuckin "fashion Killa" commercial and act like that shit wasn't at least moderately cringeworthy.

Nyjah is not eeven close to being attractive enough to pull this off
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2014, 06:25:49 AM »
Is DKNY part of FA? Seems pretty street wear.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -484
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2014, 08:59:02 AM »

Herman is probably the only skater who can skate to bowie one part and weezy the next. That song is a great fit for that part though.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

mr cheese

« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2014, 09:32:57 AM »
i like that dylan sig better than the baby scumbag one
definitely, baby scumbag is a piece of shit

Exposure

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2014, 10:14:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Man that's what the fuck I'm saying. 99% of people's opinion on here is always some double standard. Bet if Nyjah were in this exact same commercial doing the exact same shit half of slap would be livid, but nah it's Dylan so this isn't "selling out" or "totally kooking it" like everyone would normally say he's just "being smart & making money outside of skateboarding" or "he's handsome so he should be doing more stuff like this". LOL gimme a fuckin break I swear I like Dylan's skating as much as anybody but y'all niggas give him THE MOST passes for lame shit.?  Like come on bro I know we not about to watch the same fuckin "fashion Killa" commercial and act like that shit wasn't at least moderately cringeworthy.
[close]

Tha D00D knows whats up. As for this comment, George, you COMPLETELY missed the point. The argument wasn't if nyjah is attractive enough to get this gig, the argument is that if Nyjah did this shit instead of Dylan then slap would explode in hatred. It's a clear double standard that's honestly pretty sad because you've got a bunch of grown ass dudes on here just hating on Nyjah for the most pathetic reasons but then you get Dylan over here being obsessed with fashion and engaging in equally if not more kooky shit than Nyjah but for some reason people convince themselves the one way hate is justified. Being able to think for myself, I can't say I can comprehend that train of thought.

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2014, 10:20:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Man that's what the fuck I'm saying. 99% of people's opinion on here is always some double standard. Bet if Nyjah were in this exact same commercial doing the exact same shit half of slap would be livid, but nah it's Dylan so this isn't "selling out" or "totally kooking it" like everyone would normally say he's just "being smart & making money outside of skateboarding" or "he's handsome so he should be doing more stuff like this". LOL gimme a fuckin break I swear I like Dylan's skating as much as anybody but y'all niggas give him THE MOST passes for lame shit.?  Like come on bro I know we not about to watch the same fuckin "fashion Killa" commercial and act like that shit wasn't at least moderately cringeworthy.
[close]

[close]

Tha D00D knows whats up. As for this comment, George, you COMPLETELY missed the point. The argument wasn't if nyjah is attractive enough to get this gig, the argument is that if Nyjah did this shit instead of Dylan then slap would explode in hatred. It's a clear double standard that's honestly pretty sad because you've got a bunch of grown ass dudes on here just hating on Nyjah for the most pathetic reasons but then you get Dylan over here being obsessed with fashion and engaging in equally if not more kooky shit than Nyjah but for some reason people convince themselves the one way hate is justified. Being able to think for myself, I can't say I can comprehend that train of thought.

Yeah but Dylan is cool and Nyjahbingy is a kook. Dylan repping and getting a check from DKNY is wayyyyyyy tighter than Nyjahjah repping MONSTER and getting a check, imo.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2014, 10:28:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

so you are saying that people are more critical of things they don't like??? ground breaking...

skate

• Rep: -16
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2014, 11:38:17 AM »
I don't think anyone actually hates him for doing this. We all would. But that doesn't mean we cant make fun of how wack/cheesy the whole ad looks and how lame dkny is if I knew anything about it. Here is a nipple relevant to this thread
man, she is sexy

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2014, 11:45:50 AM »
harold, peter bici, etc. did stuff like this who cares

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2224
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2014, 12:43:15 PM »
The only thing wrong with that video is that there wasn't enough Dylan in it. So I made an all-Dylan remix to sort that out.

D.K.N.Y. - Dylan Killin' New York (Extended Cut Remix) on Vimeo
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 11:54:47 AM by Watson »

Randozzi

« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2014, 12:48:40 PM »
Watson, that was... disturbing in all the right ways. Nice work.

steam vent

« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2014, 01:00:20 PM »
The only thing wrong with that video is that there wasn't enough Dylan in it. So I made an all-Dylan remix to sort that out.

https://vimeo.com/85631935

Dang, Vimeo doesn't automatically embed?
lol that was awesome

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • PHILA
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2014, 04:31:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Dylan is obviously super into fashion, so him doing something fashion-oriented isn't totally crazy. Whereas Nyjah isn't into the whole fashion thing, since he wears monster tanktops and hightop DC's on the red carpet, so him doing this would be a totally different situation.

Exposure

« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2014, 05:04:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Dylan is obviously super into fashion, so him doing something fashion-oriented isn't totally crazy. Whereas Nyjah isn't into the whole fashion thing, since he wears monster tanktops and hightop DC's on the red carpet, so him doing this would be a totally different situation.

Irrelevant. The kook factor of taking part in a fucking DKNY ad isn't affected by how much said person is into fashion or not.

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • PHILA
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2014, 05:20:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Irrelevant. The kook factor of taking part in a fucking DKNY ad isn't affected by how much said person is into fashion or not.

are you the kook police? do you decide what's kooky or not? We all need to let Dylan know that from here on out he must check with Exposure on the SLAP forums before he decides on any more career moves.
the dude enjoys fashion and shit, let him do his fashion shit. you're not his fucking dad, chilllllll

Exposure

« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2014, 05:41:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

are you the kook police? do you decide what's kooky or not? We all need to let Dylan know that from here on out he must check with Exposure on the SLAP forums before he decides on any more career moves.
the dude enjoys fashion and shit, let him do his fashion shit. you're not his fucking dad, chilllllll
Once again, irrelevant. If you're going to start an argument, at least be able to back up your original statements without changing the subject.

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • PHILA
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2014, 06:15:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Once again, irrelevant. If you're going to start an argument, at least be able to back up your original statements without changing the subject.

the fact that a guy into fashion doing fashion shit is different than a guy not into fashion doing fashion shit for an obviously different reason? I kinda thought that was self-explanatory. Then again, I don't give a shit whether it's Dylan, Nyjah, or fucking joe random whoever doing DKNY ads, do you and get that money. It all may be kooky to you, but your opinion isn't universal fucccboi. the real kook is you trying to be the leader of the anti-dylan fashion regime. WHO GIVES A SHIT KOOK

Exposure

« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2014, 06:21:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

the fact that a guy into fashion doing fashion shit is different than a guy not into fashion doing fashion shit for an obviously different reason? I kinda thought that was self-explanatory. Then again, I don't give a shit whether it's Dylan, Nyjah, or fucking joe random whoever doing DKNY ads, do you and get that money. It all may be kooky to you, but your opinion isn't universal fucccboi. the real kook is you trying to be the leader of the anti-dylan fashion regime. WHO GIVES A SHIT KOOK

Based on your logic, ("do you and get that money"), you must believe  that nyjahs recent "I am monster" ad was not kooky because  he was "doing him" and "getting that money", right?