Author Topic: ASAP Rocky and Dylan on DKNY  (Read 7141 times)

Nigga

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
Re: ASAP Rocky and Dylan on DKNY
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2014, 06:27:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I haven't heard any sensible reason for hating on Dylan's participation in this. He isn't carrying a skateboard or portraying a skateboarder in this. He's a handsome dude and he's got the typical model body type. He's obviously interested in the fashion world and he definitely got paid. Its an iconic brand and he's working with super model Carla Delevingne and ASAP Rocky. Its a good gig man. Skateboarding is such a small sliver in the big picture of this world. There's no reason to limit yourself or paint yourself into a corner and not explore the experiences and possibilities of where life can take you. I'm sure he's not taking it too seriously and looks at it as a rad side gig to his even more excellent professional skateboard career. No reason to hate dudes.
[close]

I'm gonna call cara a tumblr girl that got insanely lucky and got famous. Big difference between her and a real supermodel. Now, since you believe Dylan's kook behavior is justified by the money he is receiving, this must mean that you believe all other pro skaters who do kook shit for money on the side are unhateable, correct?
[close]

Man that's what the fuck I'm saying. 99% of people's opinion on here is always some double standard. Bet if Nyjah were in this exact same commercial doing the exact same shit half of slap would be livid, but nah it's Dylan so this isn't "selling out" or "totally kooking it" like everyone would normally say he's just "being smart & making money outside of skateboarding" or "he's handsome so he should be doing more stuff like this". LOL gimme a fuckin break I swear I like Dylan's skating as much as anybody but y'all niggas give him THE MOST passes for lame shit.?  Like come on bro I know we not about to watch the same fuckin "fashion Killa" commercial and act like that shit wasn't at least moderately cringeworthy.
[close]

Nyjah is not eeven close to being attractive enough to pull this off
[close]

Tha D00D knows whats up. As for this comment, George, you COMPLETELY missed the point. The argument wasn't if nyjah is attractive enough to get this gig, the argument is that if Nyjah did this shit instead of Dylan then slap would explode in hatred. It's a clear double standard that's honestly pretty sad because you've got a bunch of grown ass dudes on here just hating on Nyjah for the most pathetic reasons but then you get Dylan over here being obsessed with fashion and engaging in equally if not more kooky shit than Nyjah but for some reason people convince themselves the one way hate is justified. Being able to think for myself, I can't say I can comprehend that train of thought.
[close]

Dylan is obviously super into fashion, so him doing something fashion-oriented isn't totally crazy. Whereas Nyjah isn't into the whole fashion thing, since he wears monster tanktops and hightop DC's on the red carpet, so him doing this would be a totally different situation.

[close]

Irrelevant. The kook factor of taking part in a fucking DKNY ad isn't affected by how much said person is into fashion or not.
[close]

are you the kook police? do you decide what's kooky or not? We all need to let Dylan know that from here on out he must check with Exposure on the SLAP forums before he decides on any more career moves.
the dude enjoys fashion and shit, let him do his fashion shit. you're not his fucking dad, chilllllll
[close]
Once again, irrelevant. If you're going to start an argument, at least be able to back up your original statements without changing the subject.

[close]

the fact that a guy into fashion doing fashion shit is different than a guy not into fashion doing fashion shit for an obviously different reason? I kinda thought that was self-explanatory. Then again, I don't give a shit whether it's Dylan, Nyjah, or fucking joe random whoever doing DKNY ads, do you and get that money. It all may be kooky to you, but your opinion isn't universal fucccboi. the real kook is you trying to be the leader of the anti-dylan fashion regime. WHO GIVES A SHIT KOOK
[close]

Based on your logic, ("do you and get that money"), you must believe  that nyjahs recent "I am monster" ad was not kooky because  he was "doing him" and "getting that money", right?

yeah, basically. I mean it made me laugh, at how serious it was trying to be, but do I really give a shit? No. He's 18, let him do his weird shit for money, it literally doesn't affect ANYTHING involving me, or you, or pretty much anyone except for his 14 year old fans that drink that shit.

Exposure

• Rep: -269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2014, 06:38:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I haven't heard any sensible reason for hating on Dylan's participation in this. He isn't carrying a skateboard or portraying a skateboarder in this. He's a handsome dude and he's got the typical model body type. He's obviously interested in the fashion world and he definitely got paid. Its an iconic brand and he's working with super model Carla Delevingne and ASAP Rocky. Its a good gig man. Skateboarding is such a small sliver in the big picture of this world. There's no reason to limit yourself or paint yourself into a corner and not explore the experiences and possibilities of where life can take you. I'm sure he's not taking it too seriously and looks at it as a rad side gig to his even more excellent professional skateboard career. No reason to hate dudes.
[close]

I'm gonna call cara a tumblr girl that got insanely lucky and got famous. Big difference between her and a real supermodel. Now, since you believe Dylan's kook behavior is justified by the money he is receiving, this must mean that you believe all other pro skaters who do kook shit for money on the side are unhateable, correct?
[close]

Man that's what the fuck I'm saying. 99% of people's opinion on here is always some double standard. Bet if Nyjah were in this exact same commercial doing the exact same shit half of slap would be livid, but nah it's Dylan so this isn't "selling out" or "totally kooking it" like everyone would normally say he's just "being smart & making money outside of skateboarding" or "he's handsome so he should be doing more stuff like this". LOL gimme a fuckin break I swear I like Dylan's skating as much as anybody but y'all niggas give him THE MOST passes for lame shit.?  Like come on bro I know we not about to watch the same fuckin "fashion Killa" commercial and act like that shit wasn't at least moderately cringeworthy.
[close]

Nyjah is not eeven close to being attractive enough to pull this off
[close]

Tha D00D knows whats up. As for this comment, George, you COMPLETELY missed the point. The argument wasn't if nyjah is attractive enough to get this gig, the argument is that if Nyjah did this shit instead of Dylan then slap would explode in hatred. It's a clear double standard that's honestly pretty sad because you've got a bunch of grown ass dudes on here just hating on Nyjah for the most pathetic reasons but then you get Dylan over here being obsessed with fashion and engaging in equally if not more kooky shit than Nyjah but for some reason people convince themselves the one way hate is justified. Being able to think for myself, I can't say I can comprehend that train of thought.
[close]

Dylan is obviously super into fashion, so him doing something fashion-oriented isn't totally crazy. Whereas Nyjah isn't into the whole fashion thing, since he wears monster tanktops and hightop DC's on the red carpet, so him doing this would be a totally different situation.

[close]

Irrelevant. The kook factor of taking part in a fucking DKNY ad isn't affected by how much said person is into fashion or not.
[close]

are you the kook police? do you decide what's kooky or not? We all need to let Dylan know that from here on out he must check with Exposure on the SLAP forums before he decides on any more career moves.
the dude enjoys fashion and shit, let him do his fashion shit. you're not his fucking dad, chilllllll
[close]
Once again, irrelevant. If you're going to start an argument, at least be able to back up your original statements without changing the subject.

[close]

the fact that a guy into fashion doing fashion shit is different than a guy not into fashion doing fashion shit for an obviously different reason? I kinda thought that was self-explanatory. Then again, I don't give a shit whether it's Dylan, Nyjah, or fucking joe random whoever doing DKNY ads, do you and get that money. It all may be kooky to you, but your opinion isn't universal fucccboi. the real kook is you trying to be the leader of the anti-dylan fashion regime. WHO GIVES A SHIT KOOK
[close]

Based on your logic, ("do you and get that money"), you must believe  that nyjahs recent "I am monster" ad was not kooky because  he was "doing him" and "getting that money", right?
[close]

yeah, basically. I mean it made me laugh, at how serious it was trying to be, but do I really give a shit? No. He's 18, let him do his weird shit for money, it literally doesn't affect ANYTHING involving me, or you, or pretty much anyone except for his 14 year old fans that drink that shit.

Fair enough, I see where you're coming from. I apologize for the argumentative nature of this conversation, the Seahawks are absolutely destroying the broncos and I'm being a bitch about it.
I can ollie 6 decks why would I want to scrape the ground with my tricks

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2014, 06:24:49 AM »
I can honestly say I have no idea who ASAP Rocky is. I'm assuming he's the black guy in the clip and possibly the rapper. I don't feel like I've missed out on not knowing this before.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2014, 07:08:01 AM »
It's not really selling out, all he did was look cool on a cab wearing a few different getups.

Energy drink game is worse because those drinks are hella bad for you

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2014, 08:46:15 AM »
I can honestly say I have no idea who ASAP Rocky is. I'm assuming he's the black guy in the clip and possibly the rapper. I don't feel like I've missed out on not knowing this before.

Theres tons of stuff now that I purposely skip.....

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2014, 09:04:58 AM »
The only thing wrong with that video is that there wasn't enough Dylan in it. So I made an all-Dylan remix to sort that out.

https://vimeo.com/85631935

Dang, Vimeo doesn't automatically embed?

Leave off the last S for savings.

https

somedudefromnj

« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2014, 09:19:01 AM »
dam olson was right yall niggas consider it ilegal to like things other than skating. what happened to skating being about fuck you im doing me

Oprah Winfrey

« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2014, 09:30:02 AM »
Probably a good paycheque.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3290
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2014, 10:10:46 AM »
The only thing wrong with that video is that there wasn't enough Dylan in it. So I made an all-Dylan remix to sort that out.

Bwaaaa-ha-ha. Fucking hilarious.

dudestbro

• Rep: 1
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2014, 10:30:31 AM »
dam olson was right yall niggas consider it ilegal to like things other than skating. what happened to skating being about fuck you im doing me

2rue. Also, I'm a happy Seahawks fan, Exposure  ;)

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2014, 11:06:14 AM »

this

conqueso

« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2014, 11:55:26 AM »

elf shoes and pigtails anit really sending a "fuck you" message to anybody

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2014, 11:56:32 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Leave off the last S for savings.

https

Thanks man! Fixed it!

_aminal

• Rep: -8
  • win some, lose most.
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2014, 03:54:21 PM »
he is a model... whats the mystery here? get yr money mr moody booty!  ;D

Ed's impossibles are like gonzs kickflips....

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2014, 12:09:32 PM »
Michelle Rodriguez Caught Kissing Model Cara Delevingne At New York Knicks Game

I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

Exposure

• Rep: -269
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2014, 12:32:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

elf shoes and pigtails anit really sending a "fuck you" message to anybody
I can ollie 6 decks why would I want to scrape the ground with my tricks

castillo's curls

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2014, 01:00:39 PM »
Michelle Rodriguez Caught Kissing Model Cara Delevingne At New York Knicks Game

David got game 666  :-* 666  :-* 666  :-*

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
  • tiger style
« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2014, 01:03:53 PM »

A$AP Rocky - Trilla Ft. ASAP Twelvy & ASAP Nast

i had this as my ring tone for ages

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2014, 01:18:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

A$AP Rocky - Trilla Ft. ASAP Twelvy & ASAP Nast

i had this as my ring tone for ages
That wasn't even near as bad as I may have expected, in fact I quite enjoyed it and I'm pretty salty about the majority of post 90's hip hop.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2014, 11:26:25 PM »

Bonus Miley tit on a horse.

I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?