Author Topic: permanent heel bruise?  (Read 2225 times)

shitmeister

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -4
permanent heel bruise?
« on: February 03, 2014, 11:31:48 AM »
so i havent had a heel bruise in a few years up til about 2.5 months ago.. i was pretending i was 16 again and jumped down this set a good probably 50 times. i knew my heel would hurt for a few days.. but it STILL hurts. i cant stay off of it because of work, which im standing in boots on concrete all day. i got some FP insoles a couple weeks ago and they seem to help it a little. just wondering if any of you guys have had the same problem and if theres anything i can do to quicken the healing process. spring is coming and i wanna skate!

Rusty_Berrings

Re: permanent heel bruise?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 11:38:05 AM »
i had one for a few months after I attemped a drop taller than myself without insoles in. I'm fine now though. You'll be fine.

Fish

• Rep: -3
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 02:39:01 AM »
I had same problem after I jumped down couple sets. It will hurt you but you'll be okay in couple of days.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 02:43:26 AM »
I had same problem after I jumped down couple sets. It will hurt you but you'll be okay in couple of days.

he said it happened 2.5 month ago. my heels were fucked up all summer (not brutally to stand/walk the entire time but I'd get shocks that went away eventually). don't just go with the FP soles, those are foam, you want Scholl's athletics.

shitmeister

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 02:55:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

he said it happened 2.5 month ago. my heels were fucked up all summer (not brutally to stand/walk the entire time but I'd get shocks that went away eventually). don't just go with the FP soles, those are foam, you want Scholl's athletics.

thanks man ill try that. it seems to be getting better little by little but sometimes if i hit it wrong on something it hurts pretty bad. just really dont wanna keep setting myself back more

micky682

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 03:36:14 PM »
You might have plantar fasciitis? What does the pain feel like, chronic and aching. I've fractured my heel and its been 2 years and I still deal with pain on a daily basis and only weed usually helps.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 03:43:45 PM »
You might have plantar fasciitis? What does the pain feel like, chronic and aching. I've fractured my heel and its been 2 years and I still deal with pain on a daily basis and only weed usually helps.
how'd you fracture your heel?

pain to me is usually just slightly annoying, i'm almost always able to see passed it.

shitmeister

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 09:38:01 AM »

nah not chronic and aching. dont even notice it when im even standing usually. can only notice it if i hit it or tap it on something. havent really skated much since because of winter.. but i skated like a month ago and just fucked up on a crook and barely came down on it at all but put me out for the rest of the session. also, its really just the back part of the heel now. not a very big area thats hurt. i think its shrinking slowly. kinda worried though cuz i dont wanna have to worry about it when spring hits!!

micky682

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 09:39:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

pain to me is usually just slightly annoying, i'm almost always able to see passed it.
I rolled my ankle real bad trying to poke out a kickflip like Levi Brown, I didn't go to the doctor and stupidly was walking the next day. The pain is really strong because up until a few weeks ago was when I learned I had fractured it. I had been skating on a fractured heel for 2 years.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2014, 10:52:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I rolled my ankle real bad trying to poke out a kickflip like Levi Brown, I didn't go to the doctor and stupidly was walking the next day. The pain is really strong because up until a few weeks ago was when I learned I had fractured it. I had been skating on a fractured heel for 2 years.
a fracture that didn't heal for 2 years that you could walk directly on huh? good luck bro.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
  • illinoying
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2014, 04:34:28 PM »
Take a hot ass bath, followed by some ice