Author Topic: Skateboard Mag montage with some FA kids  (Read 17866 times)

Laban Fetus

Skateboard Mag montage with some FA kids
« on: February 08, 2014, 10:02:43 PM »
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 10:04:29 PM by Laban Fetus »

Exposure

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Skateboard Mag montage with some FA kids
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 10:18:20 PM »
Best part about that video was matt militano.

Everything else was just as high-water/ converse/ black and white/ rolled up sleeves as expected.
I can ollie 6 decks why would I want to scrape the ground with my tricks

trannies and mannies

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 10:28:05 PM »
talk shit on the fits all you want, i think sean pablo looks so good on a skateboard

enter the dankness

• Rep: 10
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 10:39:46 PM »
hes a poor mans dylan, just as matt militano is a poor mans evan smith. however, being a poor mans dylan or evan smith is a compliment

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 10:59:18 PM »
That's what skateboarding needs. More average.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

era

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 11:01:28 PM »
talk shit on the fits all you want, i think sean pablo looks so good on a skateboard

Ya I think his style is actually sick, a little strange, but in a sick way.

Jonorhea

• Rep: -5
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 11:14:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ya I think his style is actually sick, a little strange, but in a sick way.
backing this kid too for sure. love watching him skate

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2014, 11:17:10 PM »
Eh, wasn't that into it.

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2014, 11:25:39 PM »
That's what skateboarding needs. More average.

whoever edited this fucked up adrain adrids line such pissed me off

redhatchet

• Rep: 44
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2014, 11:26:33 PM »
Somebody should tell those kids they are all the same person.
Maybe I'm just so cool I wanna die.

raji

• Rep: 8
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2014, 12:01:54 AM »
Rekon that was sick! Anyone know if there's a full vid that gave birth to these "throwaways"?

LesbianPUNCH

• Rep: 25
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2014, 12:43:36 AM »
Can someone remind me why we do this? 

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2014, 12:44:21 AM »
Am i missing something or was 2:26 just a simple ollie down like a 7 stair. Thats coverage worthy?

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2014, 01:59:20 AM »
Am i missing something or was 2:26 just a simple ollie down like a 7 stair. Thats coverage worthy?

How dare you.

That was a particularly trendy ollie down a 7 set.

Did you not see his flair?

Philistine.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

AnotherHardDayAtTheOffice

• Rep: -8
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2014, 02:26:46 AM »

He skates with speed and pops his tricks. Right. But not in a way that sets him apart from anyone (like Busenitz's skating does, e.g.). All of his tricks might as well have been from a late 80's video. And even back then they wouldn't have been anything special. I feel like he's the definition of generic in a way that he hops on the "simple tricks, fast skating - slick hair, rolled up pants and sleeves" wagon. Based on skill alone, there is no place for him in the skateboarding industry. There's nothing individual and exciting about his skating from my point of view. He's just a very poor man's Dylan and Austyn. However, aside from their fashion, they're both really gnarly and individual skaters. Sean Pablo, on the other hand, is just generic. That's the first word that came to my mind when watching this.

piftel

• Rep: -122
  • i have an avatar now
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2014, 05:34:58 AM »

well and over a fence. given the fact that its a b-footy clip, its not too daring to put it in there
signature as well

Steyv Seynystyr hyhy

• Rep: -3
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2014, 05:47:42 AM »
so where is the "A" footy?

ALABAMAMAN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -196
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2014, 05:48:09 AM »
the bumb to back smith was pretty legit!

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2014, 06:34:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He skates with speed and pops his tricks. Right. But not in a way that sets him apart from anyone (like Busenitz's skating does, e.g.). All of his tricks might as well have been from a late 80's video. And even back then they wouldn't have been anything special. I feel like he's the definition of generic in a way that he hops on the "simple tricks, fast skating - slick hair, rolled up pants and sleeves" wagon. Based on skill alone, there is no place for him in the skateboarding industry. There's nothing individual and exciting about his skating from my point of view. He's just a very poor man's Dylan and Austyn. However, aside from their fashion, they're both really gnarly and individual skaters. Sean Pablo, on the other hand, is just generic. That's the first word that came to my mind when watching this.

you should write a thesis on sean pablo

kools

• Rep: -45
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2014, 06:40:18 AM »
Sean Pablo looks pretty decent on his skateboard. Will undoubtedly get better.

It's a clip on the web and people are crying like he has a pro model board and is getting paid lots of money.
pretty hilarious really.

he just looks like he's having fun on a skateboard.
that's infectious.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -597
  • who knows
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2014, 06:54:22 AM »
I hope I never see that first dude skate ever again.  Strictly lousy
where is home?

FrenchFuck

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2014, 08:18:50 AM »
high-water/ converse/ black and white/ rolled up sleeves and F ucking Annoying  editing as expected
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 09:15:40 AM by FrenchFuck »

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2014, 09:18:25 AM »
Just came in here specifically to post that when I see "FA kids" I instantly think of obnoxious and entitled NYC hipster teenagers, and I want to vomit. I don't have any desire to actually watch these spoiled kids skate. They skate at a mediocre level, but are all about showing how cool they are. Who the fuck would want to relate to douchebags like that? Good job Dill, you picked a team as unlikeable and pretentious as yourself. I can't wait until you find out how few people actually think that is cool.

I'm sure from the "brink perspective" I don't know the inside story about these kids and who they really are- but I don't give a fuck. They advertise themselves as a brand of fashion forward kids who were raised in the city going to private schools and pretending to be raw, while not doing any tricks that are interesting at all.
FA is Fucking Awful. I can't wait until their main offices are Fucking Abandoned. Dill and AVE are Fucking Assholes for Fucking Abandoning Fuckin Alien workshop.

And no, I didn't watch it. That's my point. The team has already left such a bad taste in my mouth, that when I see an opportunity to watch their footage, I'd rather talk about how shitty I find them than waste my time falling asleep watching these arrogant little fucks. Good job Dill. You're company is repellant.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

A.J.K.

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2014, 10:23:49 AM »
Just came in here specifically to post that when I see "FA kids" I instantly think of obnoxious and entitled NYC hipster teenagers, and I want to vomit. I don't have any desire to actually watch these spoiled kids skate. They skate at a mediocre level, but are all about showing how cool they are. Who the fuck would want to relate to douchebags like that? Good job Dill, you picked a team as unlikeable and pretentious as yourself. I can't wait until you find out how few people actually think that is cool.

I'm sure from the "brink perspective" I don't know the inside story about these kids and who they really are- but I don't give a fuck. They advertise themselves as a brand of fashion forward kids who were raised in the city going to private schools and pretending to be raw, while not doing any tricks that are interesting at all.
FA is Fucking Awful. I can't wait until their main offices are Fucking Abandoned. Dill and AVE are Fucking Assholes for Fucking Abandoning Fuckin Alien workshop.

And no, I didn't watch it. That's my point. The team has already left such a bad taste in my mouth, that when I see an opportunity to watch their footage, I'd rather talk about how shitty I find them than waste my time falling asleep watching these arrogant little fucks. Good job Dill. You're company is repellant.

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2014, 10:36:46 AM »

tell us how you really feel

edit: I take it back
go outside
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 10:39:32 AM by Nigga »

skateordie

• Rep: -38
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2014, 10:41:51 AM »

unfortunately, i can see a shit ton of entitled nyc hipster non-skaters thinking this is cool, and spending a ton of mommy and daddy's money on FA bullshit, and FA ultimately thriving. i could be wrong (and i hope i Fucking Am).  

Laban Fetus

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2014, 10:42:49 AM »
Best part about that video was matt militano.
I agree. Matt is very sick and deserves a fair shot at an AM level if he isn't already on something. Tyler Golden too

*does slappy on double sided curb with perfectly hemmed dickies/Macklemore haircut, blows cigarette smoke in Gipper's face* you just don't get it man. although you're kinda on point with them being rich kids

« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 10:51:02 AM by Laban Fetus »

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2014, 10:43:45 AM »
Fucking Whatever

S.E.

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2014, 10:53:32 AM »
no, none of these kids are "good" enough to be on any big companies....BUT this is where the divide begins.  You have the alpha jock bros pushing skateboarding's technical progression, (PROD, NINEJA) and then you have guys who are pushing the style game.  It's like abstract painting basically.  Yeah there are amazing photo realistic paintings of people and places but it gets boring because its such a good painting how can I ever relate to that sort of talent and process, where as jackson pollock throws paint on a canvas and it seems slightly more relatable despite the fact that he just threw shit on there.  Its painting any way you slice it but the processes and intent behind it is completely different.  It's been said countless times but I think that's truly the only way you can look at these kids and understand what they're doing.  Yeah, the outfits and tricks themselves are alittle try-hard, but shit they're like 17 years old and having a blast so why bother to bitch about it?

One thing I do like about these kids is that alot of the lines they do remind me of late 80s/early 90s videos where they are actually STREET skating and not spot hopping. 

Laban Fetus

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2014, 10:55:32 AM »
no, none of these kids are "good" enough to be on any big companies....BUT this is where the divide begins.  You have the alpha jock bros pushing skateboarding's technical progression, (PROD, NINEJA) and then you have guys who are pushing the style game.  It's like abstract painting basically.  Yeah there are amazing photo realistic paintings of people and places but it gets boring because its such a good painting how can I ever relate to that sort of talent and process, where as jackson pollock throws paint on a canvas and it seems slightly more relatable despite the fact that he just threw shit on there.  Its painting any way you slice it but the processes and intent behind it is completely different.  It's been said countless times but I think that's truly the only way you can look at these kids and understand what they're doing.  Yeah, the outfits and tricks themselves are alittle try-hard, but shit they're like 17 years old and having a blast so why bother to bitch about it?

One thing I do like about these kids is that alot of the lines they do remind me of late 80s/early 90s videos where they are actually STREET skating and not spot hopping. 

Smartest thing said so far.