Author Topic: Skateboard Mag montage with some FA kids  (Read 17862 times)

foureyedjim

Re: Skateboard Mag montage with some FA kids
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2014, 09:27:56 PM »

alienlurkshop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -31
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2014, 09:46:41 PM »
I think their style of dress is supposed to wow you more than the actual skating footage. Cause all those FA kids (sean pablo, nakel, cash and even throw in lui elliot) they all aren't good but they all either ride on that "cool dress" factor or Odd future. kevin bradley and Tyshaun mildly surprise me. 

hitmewithacar

• Rep: 4
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2014, 09:49:10 PM »
THAT TYLER GOLDEN FOOTAGE WAS SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

clemsausage

• Rep: 23
  • Recordings of Boardings
    • Recordings of Boardings avatar image
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2014, 10:09:31 PM »
#dumpy

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2014, 10:32:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
grown ass men on the internet furiously hating on a bunch of young teenagers having fun skating and wearing short pants is quite possibly the funniest thing ever.
[close]
no different than you not liking shawn powers..hating is hating.
[close]

nah, I just think the dude is fakin the funk, trying to act "real" by skating in front of taxi's and shit, it's just corny to me. I'm not mad at it.
but the Gipper's old man, get off my lawn, clint eastwood gran torino type rant about a bunch of 15 year olds is downright hilarious. nigga's mad as SHIT for no reason.

[close]
sean pablo fakes the phonk too. i didnt like shawn when he 1st came out either,but he does keep it "real' in a sense. i agreed with what gipper said until he stated he didnt even watch the footage.
wait...wait...wait... you agreed with what I said after you watched the footage, but then realized that I knew that before watching their latest clip, and you fault me for that? That rant was about why I didn't even feel the need to watch it, because I'm already over Fucking Awesome (try to rename it FA all you want, the real and stupid name is Fucking Awesome).

And yes, I do remember having fun as a kid, none of my nostalgiac moments ever relate to me reading fashion magazines and obsessing over my outfit, or working super hard to pose in a cool way in front of cameras though. I kinda prefered trying to ollie big stairs, playing with fireworks, and feebly attempting to attract the attention of women. Fuck, that's still how I try to have fun, aside from the stairs being smaller, the fireworks being bigger, and the attempts somehow becoming more feeble.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2014, 10:34:58 PM »
juss gonna drop this in here for the h a t e r s

Back smith of the day

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2014, 11:57:51 PM »
That clip was fucking shit. Agree with Gip 100%

otis shredding

« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2014, 01:11:38 AM »
sure look like a bunch of FAkids

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2014, 01:27:28 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Back smith of the day

no matter how good or bad that photo or the skateboarder is, there is a dude with a yellow visor filming.

a.yellow.visor.

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2014, 01:49:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
grown ass men on the internet furiously hating on a bunch of young teenagers having fun skating and wearing short pants is quite possibly the funniest thing ever.
[close]
no different than you not liking shawn powers..hating is hating.
[close]

nah, I just think the dude is fakin the funk, trying to act "real" by skating in front of taxi's and shit, it's just corny to me. I'm not mad at it.
but the Gipper's old man, get off my lawn, clint eastwood gran torino type rant about a bunch of 15 year olds is downright hilarious. nigga's mad as SHIT for no reason.

[close]
sean pablo fakes the phonk too. i didnt like shawn when he 1st came out either,but he does keep it "real' in a sense. i agreed with what gipper said until he stated he didnt even watch the footage.
[close]
wait...wait...wait... you agreed with what I said after you watched the footage, but then realized that I knew that before watching their latest clip, and you fault me for that? That rant was about why I didn't even feel the need to watch it, because I'm already over Fucking Awesome (try to rename it FA all you want, the real and stupid name is Fucking Awesome).
i just think not watching it is dumb, i dont blame you tho.
I think their style of dress is supposed to wow you more than the actual skating footage. Cause all those FA kids (sean pablo, nakel, cash and even throw in lui elliot) they all aren't good but they all either ride on that "cool dress" factor or Odd future. kevin bradley and Tyshaun mildly surprise me. 
PLZ TELL ME HOW NAKEL ISNT GOOD?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 01:54:40 AM by nino brown »

ben shraider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -264
« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2014, 02:54:16 AM »
This is FA? Don't think I've ever heard of any of those kids, and all of the tricks in there were stuff at least half of the kids at my local skatepark could do. None of them had any exceptional style, creativity or speed either. Not hatin on these kids, but if I wan't to see this kinda skating, I just watch some local video with my friends in it and get way more stoked, so I don't see what's the point of FA.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 03:03:09 AM by ben shraider »

andocom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2014, 03:20:58 AM »
This is FA? Don't think I've ever heard of any of those kids, and all of the tricks in there were stuff at least half of the kids at my local skatepark could do. None of them had any exceptional style, creativity or speed either. Not hatin on these kids, but if I wan't to see this kinda skating, I just watch some local video with my friends in it and get way more stoked, so I don't see what's the point of FA.

Yeah I thought the exact same thing, not sure about all of them but the Sean Pablo footage I have seen left me wondering why the fuck his name keeps getting mentioned, then again it all seems to be throw away stuff so who knows.

Harem

« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2014, 04:32:27 AM »
Sean Pablo is sick. How old is the kid? 15?

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2014, 05:21:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Back smith of the day
[close]

no matter how good or bad that photo or the skateboarder is, there is a dude with a yellow visor filming.

a.yellow.visor.

if you're not fuckin with the civ, I'm not fuckin with you

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
  • tiger style
« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2014, 06:45:56 AM »
so bauhaus is cool now? awesome

Coconut Lotion

« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2014, 07:08:35 AM »

PLZ TELL ME HOW NAKEL ISNT GOOD?
[/quote]
Yeah nakel fucking rips. He was getting hooked up by real before going with his friends to FA, and last I checked he was getting stuff from lakai. He's the most talented kid on the FA thing

AnotherHardDayAtTheOffice

• Rep: -8
« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2014, 07:59:57 AM »
i've always been envious of people who dress in whatever way they want, despite how trendy/outrageous they might appear. i can hardly wear a hat without feeling like the fashion gestapo are keeping a profile on me.

I think we can all agree to that. However, I think the point is more that the only reason these kids are getting hooked up is because they dress in a fashionable way. The skating in that clip was the least creative approach to skating I've ever seen in a video released by a renowned company or mag.

In the beginning of the 2000s, people were hating on "handrail kids" such as Matt Allen. Well, the new "handrail kid" is the hipster kid doing nothing but the most basic tricks and no complies on sidewalks. And not even in a progressive way (e.g. like Huf did). They can go out and do that stuff all day as far as I'm concerned but if the skateboarding industry evolves in a way that gives rise to mediocre, dull skating paired with trendy clothes, then that doesn't sit well with me.

Oh, and Fucking Awesome was off to a fucking horrible start so far. As trendily postmodern as trendily postmodern gets. And that shit is so played out, it's insane. So I'm not generally hating on some young kids skating but on Dill (and AVE) promoting their shit. Hell, Dill might be an idiot, but I can't wrap my head around AVE backing all that.

Laban Fetus

« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2014, 09:51:13 AM »
You guys are fucking ridiculous. This clip isn't linked to FA either, it's just a throwaway montage from Jacob Messex. Wait for the Supreme video

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2014, 10:01:58 AM »
It seems pretty contradictory to hate on these kids and FA and then love pappalardo and Alex Olson. They all seem to be coming from the same place mentally. You'll learn to love them. They're only an interview or two away from capturing your hearts and minds.  This is what you guys wanted don't get all bent out of shape when you get it.

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2014, 10:04:34 AM »
Tyler, the last person in the montage, is actually pretty good. heres some of his older footage

footage

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2014, 11:25:56 AM »
rad. sean pablo looks good on a board.

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2014, 02:11:01 PM »
Expand Quote
That's what skateboarding needs. More average.
[close]

whoever edited this fucked up adrain adrids line such pissed me off
Fuck yeah thanks for mentioning Adrian, I wasn't going to watch this clip at all but reading this made me.

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2014, 02:46:22 PM »
Expand Quote
no, none of these kids are "good" enough to be on any big companies....BUT this is where the divide begins.  You have the alpha jock bros pushing skateboarding's technical progression, (PROD, NINEJA) and then you have guys who are pushing the style game.  It's like abstract painting basically.  Yeah there are amazing photo realistic paintings of people and places but it gets boring because its such a good painting how can I ever relate to that sort of talent and process, where as jackson pollock throws paint on a canvas and it seems slightly more relatable despite the fact that he just threw shit on there.  Its painting any way you slice it but the processes and intent behind it is completely different.  It's been said countless times but I think that's truly the only way you can look at these kids and understand what they're doing.  Yeah, the outfits and tricks themselves are alittle try-hard, but shit they're like 17 years old and having a blast so why bother to bitch about it?

One thing I do like about these kids is that alot of the lines they do remind me of late 80s/early 90s videos where they are actually STREET skating and not spot hopping. 

[close]
Smartest thing said so far.

BUT, the thing is that BOTH are forced.  forced style, forced outfits, forced opinions.  everything.  these kids have no identity of their own. 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

Laban Fetus

« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2014, 03:08:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
no, none of these kids are "good" enough to be on any big companies....BUT this is where the divide begins.  You have the alpha jock bros pushing skateboarding's technical progression, (PROD, NINEJA) and then you have guys who are pushing the style game.  It's like abstract painting basically.  Yeah there are amazing photo realistic paintings of people and places but it gets boring because its such a good painting how can I ever relate to that sort of talent and process, where as jackson pollock throws paint on a canvas and it seems slightly more relatable despite the fact that he just threw shit on there.  Its painting any way you slice it but the processes and intent behind it is completely different.  It's been said countless times but I think that's truly the only way you can look at these kids and understand what they're doing.  Yeah, the outfits and tricks themselves are alittle try-hard, but shit they're like 17 years old and having a blast so why bother to bitch about it?

One thing I do like about these kids is that alot of the lines they do remind me of late 80s/early 90s videos where they are actually STREET skating and not spot hopping.  

[close]
[close]

BUT, the thing is that BOTH are forced.  forced style, forced outfits, forced opinions.  everything.  these kids have no identity of their own.  
People of a certain age always wince at new trends that pop up. I've done it myself. But what the fuck is so wrong with some kids making their own little scene be it try-hard or not? I already brought this up in the Milic thread but that question still stands. The fact that it's sparked a bunch of keyboard bashing over their intentions says enough. Let kids be kids
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 03:11:59 PM by Laban Fetus »

foureyedjim

« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2014, 03:27:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
no, none of these kids are "good" enough to be on any big companies....BUT this is where the divide begins.  You have the alpha jock bros pushing skateboarding's technical progression, (PROD, NINEJA) and then you have guys who are pushing the style game.  It's like abstract painting basically.  Yeah there are amazing photo realistic paintings of people and places but it gets boring because its such a good painting how can I ever relate to that sort of talent and process, where as jackson pollock throws paint on a canvas and it seems slightly more relatable despite the fact that he just threw shit on there.  Its painting any way you slice it but the processes and intent behind it is completely different.  It's been said countless times but I think that's truly the only way you can look at these kids and understand what they're doing.  Yeah, the outfits and tricks themselves are alittle try-hard, but shit they're like 17 years old and having a blast so why bother to bitch about it?

[close]
[close]

BUT, the thing is that BOTH are forced.  forced style, forced outfits, forced opinions.  everything.  these kids have no identity of their own.  
[close]
People of a certain age always wince at new trends that pop up. I've done it myself. But what the fuck is so wrong with some kids making their own little scene be it try-hard or not? I already brought this up in the Milic thread but that question still stands. The fact that it's sparked a bunch of keyboard bashing over their intentions says enough. Let kids be kids
I agree, but it's not like any of this banter is going to change how they think/dress anyways.  You may as well talk some shit on the forums if that's how you feel. 

D BOON FOREVER

• Rep: 0
« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2014, 03:28:40 PM »
Just had to come in and say that was fucking AWFUL. Laughable really.

LifeHammered

• Rep: 53
« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2014, 04:19:51 PM »
This clip was very hard to make it to the end. Has anyone seen the DVD that comes with newer FA decks yet? Anything worth caring about? AVE n Dill stuff? Terps? I'm hoping nothing of this sort especially with that editing. 

wildbillhiccup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -78
  • JACKASS
« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2014, 04:29:34 PM »
BEEK MILLZ
AKA MATT MILLI
AKA MRLIPSLIDEBIGFLIP

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #88 on: February 10, 2014, 05:43:19 PM »
It seems pretty contradictory to hate on these kids and FA and then love pappalardo and Alex Olson. They all seem to be coming from the same place mentally. You'll learn to love them. They're only an interview or two away from capturing your hearts and minds.  This is what you guys wanted don't get all bent out of shape when you get it.
Alex is close, but I'd say its like hating on these kids and thinking Dill is cool. But Dill isn't cool.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

conqueso

« Reply #89 on: February 10, 2014, 06:17:52 PM »
shit....how can AVE be down with this clownery? Damn shame.