Author Topic: Anyway to remake z-roller trucks????  (Read 14985 times)

Rusty_Berrings

Re: Anyway to remake z-roller trucks????
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2014, 01:00:58 PM »
Attach a bunch of old bearings to your rails. You'll be the king of the trailer park.

haha

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2014, 11:08:54 PM »
Maybe you could make a new hanger like t old G&s trucks using a tube and sleeves?

http://skateandannoy.com/features/2009/06/who-killed-the-chromoly-truck/

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2014, 04:10:44 PM »
Maybe you could make a new hanger like t old G&s trucks using a tube and sleeves?

http://skateandannoy.com/features/2009/06/who-killed-the-chromoly-truck/

Those look like they'd grind really good. I do have the ability to cast aluminum at my house because i was going to be a jeweler before i found out all minerals are usually slave mined, just maybe not for pieces that big. would def be cool to cast your own trucks. i'll look into it a little more. do you think aluminum for the whole hanger with a steel threaded rod running through it would work?

here's an update gif for the roller rail! got it sliding great on coping and unwaxed cement. they're super easy to make, all you need is a drill, some brackets, threaded rod, fasteners and a piece of pvc.

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2014, 06:17:01 PM »
I just thought the idea of using a tube and welding on a yoke seems easier to make at home vs. casting them.  A tube and axel seems pretty generica and easy to make but the tricky part is how to mount it on a baseplate....

I skated the G&S truck and could slappy anything.....I cheated by riding tight trucks and tipped and dragged onto the curbs and eventually busted the kingpin.

Man...those Canadian z rollers should be called zed rollers.....