Author Topic: tinder  (Read 388398 times)

tobey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
Re: tinder
« Reply #930 on: December 30, 2014, 12:52:24 PM »
^ i think theres some difference between your definition of a creep and mine. I think being a creep is blasting someones phone non stop for no reason and also just sending text saying "SIT ON MY FACE". Your definition seems to be that i call out girls for doing stupid shit to me. I get used all the time and now that im doing better in life i don't have to take it anymore. I have a couple new friends that don't treat me like shit and now i have girls that actually want to hang out with me. Yea its usually for one night which isn't a big deal, i know the difference between sex and love well maybe because i never had a girlfriend to love but i also don't want one.

Edit: i also don't ask for naked pictures of them, they just send them to me after i give them a stupid compliment
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 12:55:23 PM by tobey »

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #931 on: December 30, 2014, 01:11:08 PM »
^ i think theres some difference between your definition of a creep and mine. I think being a creep is blasting someones phone non stop for no reason and also just sending text saying "SIT ON MY FACE". Your definition seems to be that i call out girls for doing stupid shit to me. I get used all the time and now that im doing better in life i don't have to take it anymore. I have a couple new friends that don't treat me like shit and now i have girls that actually want to hang out with me. Yea its usually for one night which isn't a big deal, i know the difference between sex and love well maybe because i never had a girlfriend to love but i also don't want one.

Edit: i also don't ask for naked pictures of them, they just send them to me after i give them a stupid compliment
No way man it's more the sense of entitlement to them hanging out with you and shit. Yeah getting flaked on sucks but if people keep doing it just cutting them out of your life is usually the easiest way to go about that. Not putting them on blast on a skateboarding website.

I don't have anything against you, Tobey, I want you to be content and happy the same as everyone else here. I just think there's much better ways to go about it.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #932 on: December 30, 2014, 01:16:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
No way man it's more the sense of entitlement to them hanging out with you and shit. Yeah getting flaked on sucks but if people keep doing it just cutting them out of your life is usually the easiest way to go about that. Not putting them on blast on a skateboarding website.

I don't have anything against you, Tobey, I want you to be content and happy the same as everyone else here. I just think there's much better ways to go about it.

Yea i just get mad easily now that really the only emotion i can feel cause i haven't really felt anything in awhile. So when i get mad i tell people why they made me mad. I don't call them a bitch or a cunt or whatever i just say " im probably going to delete your number now so i don't drunk text you and plus you don't really want to hang out but if you change your mind i am always free"

nice_guy_2

« Reply #933 on: December 30, 2014, 01:42:50 PM »
you are shifting the responsibility, it's their problem not yours

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #934 on: December 30, 2014, 01:49:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yea i just get mad easily now that really the only emotion i can feel cause i haven't really felt anything in awhile. So when i get mad i tell people why they made me mad. I don't call them a bitch or a cunt or whatever i just say " im probably going to delete your number now so i don't drunk text you and plus you don't really want to hang out but if you change your mind i am always free"

Tobey, the problem is that you somehow think these girls should give a fuck about you. you're coming off as entitled and any little form of disinterest or flaking from these girls makes you catch feelings. you easily get hurt and want to lash out at them like they somehow owe you something. just take it easy and don't take Tinder girls so seriously/to heart.

well maybe because i never had a girlfriend to love

this is pretty big, man. if you're actually looking for a real relationship with someone, maybe Tinder is not the place for you. i think you have these expectations of somehow finding a genuine love/connection online and i think you're only setting yourself up for failure. most of these girls probably just want to hook up, so don't be a dick to them when they blow you off or whatever.

(and Tobey, a creep can be many things: an asshole, a stalker, a weirdo, an obnoxious perv, a desperate loser, etc.)

let urban dictionary help you out here.

creep

1950's word used by women to describe an undesirable man.

"He is such a creep. Who would want to go out with him?"

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=creep

nice weather

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 533
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #935 on: December 30, 2014, 02:28:33 PM »
Aside from Tobey and his lack of follow through to post images, I regretfully joined tinder a few weeks ago. I don't know what to make of it yet, it's a strange way to interact with someone else.

I recently broke up with my girlfriend of five years and I thought maybe, just maybe I could at least grab a drink with someone from this dumb app. But it turns out these girls in the ages of 25-35 play games. I was messaging this one girl, it was going well and  I thought I might have a chance. I made a funny reference to Crocodile Dundee, she replied with "hahahaha" then I asked "what do you do for a living" and nothing, I guess she moved onto other shit. Another chick I was messaging seemed cool, she's 36 and was down to grab a drink, I asked "where in LA do you live" and no response.

Not only is it frustrating, it makes me feel like more of loser. What do these girls actually want?

Should I throw in the towel and keep whatever dignity I have left after joining?
it's not for everyone and I assume by now tinder's only gotten harder. If you feel worse using it than without it, get rid of it?

GoodguyEh

• Rep: 0
« Reply #936 on: December 30, 2014, 03:09:19 PM »
Is it just me or is tinder full of girls with guy's names? Maybe thats why they use it cause they have a hard time finding a guy who wants to be with a girl named Connor

dillanharp

« Reply #937 on: December 30, 2014, 03:11:05 PM »
Tobey, if you put some girl on blast that doesn't give a shit in the first place, you're just solidifying her dominance over you. Just take the loss. By ignoring it you're telling her she didn't mean shit anyway. That other girls cute though, I don't know why she's be interested in you  8) besides that you both like Elf...

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #938 on: December 30, 2014, 03:26:41 PM »
Nallid and Smokecrack speak truth

n0torious

• Rep: 153
« Reply #939 on: December 30, 2014, 05:38:57 PM »
Not only is it frustrating, it makes me feel like more of loser. What do these girls actually want?

Should I throw in the towel and keep whatever dignity I have left after joining?

Don't worry about it. I don't think there's much point in picking apart those situations super heavy. You didn't do anything weird. You're just in a strange spot...years and years out of the game, and now you're back. It'll take time to get in rhythm. I think of Tinder like a big crowded bar. You strike up a conversation with a woman, and most of the time it goes nowhere. No need to take it personally, just move on and keep trying.

nice_guy_2

« Reply #940 on: December 30, 2014, 05:41:08 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Don't worry about it. I don't think there's much point in picking apart those situations super heavy. You didn't do anything weird. You're just in a strange spot...years and years out of the game, and now you're back. It'll take time to get in rhythm. I think of Tinder like a big crowded bar. You strike up a conversation with a woman, and most of the time it goes nowhere. No need to take it personally, just move on and keep trying.

It'll take time to get in rhythm.

rhythm.

rhythm

n0torious

« Reply #941 on: December 30, 2014, 05:47:03 PM »

Nallid and Smokecrack have the right idea. If anger is your most accessible emotion, you're not in the right mental place. Tinder is supposed to be fun. If it's pissing you off, you're doing it wrong. There's nothing wrong with sticking up for yourself, but you're picking fights. And what do you get out of it? Nothing. You know what would be more effective? Deleting the number of a girl who blows you off, and saying nothing. Why let her see you sweat? Keeping control of your behavior is so, so important.

sports

• Rep: 21
« Reply #942 on: December 30, 2014, 05:55:21 PM »
stumbled into this depressing ass thread. whoops...

nice_guy_2

« Reply #943 on: December 30, 2014, 06:01:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nallid and Smokecrack have the right idea. If anger is your most accessible emotion, you're not in the right mental place. Tinder is supposed to be fun. If it's pissing you off, you're doing it wrong. There's nothing wrong with sticking up for yourself, but you're picking fights. And what do you get out of it? Nothing. You know what would be more effective? Deleting the number of a girl who blows you off, and saying nothing. Why let her see you sweat? Keeping control of your behavior is so, so important.

THIS, 'maintaining' control

it's not easy, but you have to do it otherwise i'll be waiting for you in the bushes

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 613
    • Community Push avatar image
« Reply #944 on: December 30, 2014, 06:23:25 PM »

You don't see anything creepy about sharing pictures of a girl you shared a brief text conversation with on the internet? Or demanding attention from a girl who clearly isn't particularly interested? A misunderstanding and crossing of those boundaries is creepy behavior. I say this as a dude who's dealt with plenty of rejection. Sure it sucks but she doesn't owe you shit so leave her alone and move on.

In related news, I think I've secured a tinder date with a girl I sort of know personally who I'm not totally sure I really like or if I'm that attracted to her. And it's in two weeks or so because she's gone for winter break. So that's where my life is right now.

n0torious

« Reply #945 on: December 30, 2014, 06:40:40 PM »
In related news, I think I've secured a tinder date with a girl I sort of know personally who I'm not totally sure I really like or if I'm that attracted to her. And it's in two weeks or so because she's gone for winter break. So that's where my life is right now.

Oh man, I know these feels. You have to start somewhere. If it ends up being a crappy date, just look at it as a chance to practice conversation and being engaging.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #946 on: December 30, 2014, 07:09:49 PM »
to tired to quote everyone but heres my respones

THANK YOU, i think i just get angry cause they end up ignoring me and i hate being ignored its the worst. But i have been talking to this other girl that i messaged one night last week. I found a new tinder spot to meet up with girls, I am not going to my bar anymore im going to this deli that has the best food and the best beer selection and they sell drafts there to. So im going to try to have that meet up spot now cause bars are kind of expensive with food and drinks. So im going to try this place out with this girl i messaged last week, never tried really talking to her cause i was suppose to hang out with this girl this week but yet again she cancelled i sent her the text saying im going to delete your number and didnt get a response so im done trying with her.

nice_guy_2

« Reply #947 on: December 30, 2014, 07:24:26 PM »

THANK YOU, i think i just get angry cause they end up ignoring me and i hate being ignored its the worst. But i have been talking to this other girl that i messaged one night last week. I found a new tinder spot to meet up with girls, I am not going to my bar anymore im going to this deli that has the best food and the best beer selection and they sell drafts there to. So im going to try to have that meet up spot now cause bars are kind of expensive with food and drinks. So im going to try this place out with this girl i messaged last week, never tried really talking to her cause i was suppose to hang out with this girl this week but yet again she cancelled i sent her the text saying im going to delete your number and didnt get a response so im done trying with her.

"THANK YOU,  yeah blah blah blah i think yeah, everyone is pretty good with advice and stuff but i hate being ignored......"
........a few seconds is better than nothing I guess ??? It's like the advice about attitude and approach slipped away but the end of the paragraph lolllll pretty sure girls love that kind of thing :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #948 on: December 30, 2014, 07:30:08 PM »
^ How come you never hit me up on instagram?

edit: I also sent her that text way earlier today i didn't send it right at this moment so it was already to late and i just woke up and read everyone's responses
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 07:37:42 PM by tobey »

EPetrov

• Rep: -30
« Reply #949 on: December 30, 2014, 07:45:00 PM »
Anybody have a girl that's blogging in the "_moments" feature.haha this chicks always blabbing and posting her trribble art.she's soon annoying yet its slightly entertaining

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 613
    • Community Push avatar image
« Reply #950 on: December 30, 2014, 08:38:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Oh man, I know these feels. You have to start somewhere. If it ends up being a crappy date, just look at it as a chance to practice conversation and being engaging.

Oh for sure. Just taking a dip because it's been a minute since I've had a relationship and/or entered the bone zone so figured some company/chat won't hurt. And I'm being cynical; she's far from bad looking. Just not quite as good looking as she suggests she is on the internet.

Good to have you back and in your element, n0torious.

Anybody have a girl that's blogging in the "_moments" feature.haha this chicks always blabbing and posting her trribble art.she's soon annoying yet its slightly entertaining

Stuff like that is my favorite part about Tinder. I found a girl whose first line of her about me paragraph is "Dude, I'm fricken crazy." And at least two girls whose pictures are from their wedding day.

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
« Reply #951 on: December 30, 2014, 11:18:24 PM »

"I got a fever and the only prescription is more Cadillac Ranch Dressing." - Jereme Rogers

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #952 on: December 30, 2014, 11:24:46 PM »
^ i wish my wawa's sold beer

n0torious

« Reply #953 on: December 31, 2014, 06:06:27 AM »
Tobey, I understand wanting to say something to a girl that's given you the runaround. I've wanted the last word, and I still do. But your choices have to be about what you can accomplish. Doing that just lets a woman know that she got under your skin. If the urge to talk back is that bad, write down what you'd say and throw it in the trash. The Tobey who has a way with the ladies is much too busy to worry about a flaky person on Tinder. Be that Tobey.

Good to have you back and in your element, n0torious.

Good to be back!

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #954 on: December 31, 2014, 09:01:22 AM »
i was suppose to hang out with this girl this week but yet again she cancelled i sent her the text saying im going to delete your number and didnt get a response so im done trying with her.

What is your expected response when you tell a girl you're going to delete her number?
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

LifeHammered

• Rep: 53
« Reply #955 on: December 31, 2014, 11:22:06 AM »
How I imagine Tobey

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 709
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #956 on: December 31, 2014, 11:34:30 AM »
I got back on. I guess there's still some hope in me. I'm probably just regular though.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

LifeHammered

• Rep: 53
« Reply #957 on: December 31, 2014, 11:40:29 AM »
Let's get some relief from the depressing shit in here and i'll focus on my only 3 good interactions on Tinder (i've been on there for quite some time, very picky, high standards though I probably shouldn't).

1. First time meeting a lady on Tinder I was lucky enough that she knew my favorite bar and was down to go on a weekday night and just get drinks. We chat, she ends up being about as cute as her pics but she was super odd. And that's ok. We end up getting nice and buzzed and she really wants to show off her car which was a small Mercedes of some sort. We hop in and she drives me home which is in the neighborhood. We talked about walking but it was raining and that was just another excuse to show me her cute car. We get to my place and she comes in, we make out, it was lackluster, she leaves. Never speak to her again. I'll give it a  6/10 for what i'd hope from a tinder date.

2. I should probably finish with this since it's the most entertaining but i'll keep it chronologically ordered.. This girl was smoking hot and had an even more attractive girl in almost all her photos. We match and she tells me she's from my hometown and she's visiting her girlfriend. They are only 20 and want to party. I happen to be going to a house party that night and after checking out the vibes there I decide to message them and invite. Everyone at the party kinda goes for it but the girls are being cool and stick around me. I pawn the other off on my friend, and we end up cabbing back to my house. This actually goes way too well back at the house and I wake up psyched that Tinder killed it for me. The next day, my friends at the party start apparently talking to the boys and figure out who these girls are. Apparently they go hard on Tinder. Too hard. Usually they want a threesome. I unfortunately had no idea about this. Bummed. But still a damn good rip. Doc says i'm clear too so this one, 9/10.

3. This was real recent, met this girl who just moved near my town & she works at a Vans store now so when we matched we kinda talked shop which was annoying but also kinda nice to instantly connect with someone random like that. She is super cute but I could tell I had the upper hand in this which is always a good feeling so I dictate the night and take her places I know my friends won't be in case it turns out she's not as pictured. We hit it off and she's trying to hold my hand by the end of the night walking home and what not. She ends up being a bit of a freak in the sheets which was nice and we wake up and play around some more. She drove over the night before so she takes off in her car that morning and texts me a few times thanking me for the night. I stayed silent on my end thinking "hey this tinder chick might actually be worthy of talking to so i'll be patient." She ends up texting me later about how she never does "that" and is mad at herself and can't imagine looking me in the eyes ever again. WTF? Girls are fucking weird, especially ones you meet on the internet. But all in all for time spent and not having to waste time afterward, this one gets a 10/10.

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #958 on: December 31, 2014, 03:58:02 PM »
I got back on. I guess there's still some hope in me. I'm probably just regular though.

Just keep at it bud, you'll crack that egg and then I swear things will be at least a little more clear.

tobey, the fact that you will barely acknowledge that I keep saying you're gay, other than saucy Jason Bateman jokes, makes me really really really believe you're a homosexual even more.

example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #959 on: December 31, 2014, 04:52:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Just keep at it bud, you'll crack that egg and then I swear things will be at least a little more clear.

tobey, the fact that you will barely acknowledge that I keep saying you're gay, other than saucy Jason Bateman jokes, makes me really really really believe you're a homosexual even more.

if im gay, cool i dont care