Author Topic: epically templetits  (Read 43678 times)

Iceman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
Re: epically templetits
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2014, 08:33:25 AM »
This particular part of the show made me laugh...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCFNFO-MZ3c&feature=youtu.be

that shit had me rolling.

this definitely needs to be a 10+ part series. there's just sooooo much documented history of ed. not to mention ed never really seemed too shy either. there is so much potential in this one!

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2014, 08:46:59 AM »
I just want to emphasize that this really needs to be a particularly long episode. Eds story is our history and a lot of it is yet to be recorded.
I hope Odell or vice (or a particularly bored slapper) lines up all the sub-parts in some semblance of a chronological order, starting with part one dresden (who I think is the earliest)all the up to the present in a giant 4 hour mega video.
 It would be the greatest skate doc of all time.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2014, 11:56:33 AM »
already watched this like 4 times and will probably watch it a few more times until the next part comes out, definitely needs to be the longest yet!

A MAN

• Rep: 68
    • SKATE TIT avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Templetits part 2
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2014, 03:49:06 AM »
http://www.vice.com/en_uk/epicly-later-d

Shaping up to be one of the best Epicly Later'ds I think. Probably because Ed Templeton is actually an interesting person unlike a lot of skaters. Early New Deal board graphics are sick!

Oh also thank you to whoever posted part 1 last week and gifted the world with the name "Templetits". It's a keeper

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Templetits part 2
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2014, 06:05:56 AM »
Yeah, these are great.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Re: Templetits part 2
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2014, 06:56:11 AM »
soo good. Paul Schmitt seems rad

doublesteveburger

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2014, 07:06:25 AM »
I may or may not be completely infatuated with Deanna Templeton.

Bloody Matt

• Rep: -41
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2014, 07:42:41 AM »
That Circle A ad looks great.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2014, 07:43:40 AM »
I may or may not be completely infatuated with Deanna Templeton.
Would... Marry!

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2014, 08:15:13 AM »
great episode! this really could end up being my favorite episode.

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2014, 09:27:08 AM »

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2014, 11:42:01 AM »
had no idea he was that into freestyle. neat "later'd".

lyserg

• Rep: 0
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2014, 11:56:51 AM »
I miss New Deal, such a great company

shark tits

« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2014, 12:14:38 PM »
wish i would've gotten statuatory raped by a girl like deanna when i was a kid. new deal slick w/ the siamese twins was the first 'modern' deck i ever had. they were pretty dope, wonder how they fell and some others stuck around. i liked new school as well and their shiny slicks.

Exposure

• Rep: -269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2014, 12:17:10 PM »
First 50-50 on a handrail ever and losing his virginity to a 24 year old all by the age of 14. Templeton is truly legendary.
I can ollie 6 decks why would I want to scrape the ground with my tricks

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2014, 12:17:54 PM »
wish i would've gotten statuatory raped by a girl like deanna when i was a kid. new deal slick w/ the siamese twins was the first 'modern' deck i ever had. they were pretty dope, wonder how they fell and some others stuck around. i liked new school as well and their shiny slicks.

man, dont we all?

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2014, 12:23:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

man, dont we all?

at 14 a woman who was mid 30's tried to put the moves on me several times. i don't know if it was fear or perseverance but i came out with my virginity intact!

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2014, 02:16:57 PM »

that wasnt deanna was it?

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2014, 03:45:17 PM »
Excellent.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2014, 05:37:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

that wasnt deanna was it?

no way!

Pango

• Rep: -30
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2014, 05:49:40 PM »
Chad Muska

Pro Skateboarder/Artist

LemonParty

• Rep: -112
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2014, 05:56:01 PM »
 especially like the clips of jason dill talking about himself in the midst of ed templeton epicly later'd...

wait... what?

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2014, 07:22:05 PM »
I was really hoping for some J. Lee commentary and still am but somehow I doubt we're gonna get it. Would be rad though. I watched an interview w/one of them a few years back. I can't remember if it was Ed or Jason but they said they were each other's nemisis so I didn't realize they were actually good friends. I thought they were more like rivals. Does anyone know if they're still close? If not it'd be interesting to hear what happened...
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2014, 07:41:24 PM »
First 50-50 on a handrail ever and losing his virginity to a 24 year old all by the age of 14. Templeton is truly legendary.
incorrect. first photo or ad of a 5050 down a handrail. Gonz and Natas were doing them in the 80's.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2014, 10:15:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
incorrect. first photo or ad of a 5050 down a handrail. Gonz and Natas were doing them in the 80's.

isnt the circle A ad from the 80s too. gonz and natas did them first but im pretty sure they all did them in the 80s.

b.v.

« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2014, 10:53:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Ed seems fairly humble, if it wasn't in fact the first photo documented 5050 on a rail, he wouldn't make that claim.
Natas,Gonz both grinded rails about that same time frame (probably sooner)but I think circle a got the ad out before visions video came out.  Maybe not. I did google both and scrolled through dozens of pages and no prominent 5050 rail photos popped up.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2014, 11:42:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Ed seems fairly humble, if it wasn't in fact the first photo documented 5050 on a rail, he wouldn't make that claim.
Natas,Gonz both grinded rails about that same time frame (probably sooner)but I think circle a got the ad out before visions video came out.  Maybe not. I did google both and scrolled through dozens of pages and no prominent 5050 rail photos popped up.

you read his comment wrong. but anyways i was just on instagram and odell had posted an ad of danny sargent doing a 50/50 on a rail and in the comments you find out his ad came out in the march 1988 issue of thrasher and templetons came out in the june 1988 issue of transworld so sargent had the first one in print. damn i feel nerdy after this post.

b.v.

« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2014, 07:01:27 AM »
Half asleep posting, thanks!

LambShank

« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2014, 08:02:09 AM »
I'm really hoping this will be on the level of the Cardiel episode (80+ minutes long, dvd release) and if it came out on dvd I'd definitely purchase it. It would be even sicker if it came with a little photobook or something but that's far fetched wishful thinking. It's been said before but this is shaping up to be legendary and I don't think they'll disappoint.

Hopefully he tells the story about meeting Deanna in the next one too, talk about a skateboarding power couple.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2014, 08:17:40 AM »
I'm really hoping this will be on the level of the Cardiel episode (80+ minutes long, dvd release) and if it came out on dvd I'd definitely purchase it. It would be even sicker if it came with a little photobook or something but that's far fetched wishful thinking. It's been said before but this is shaping up to be legendary and I don't think they'll disappoint.

Hopefully he tells the story about meeting Deanna in the next one too, talk about a skateboarding power couple.

what?? I bought the first EL DVD's a few years back and of course the Cardiel episodes aren't on there.....
so they made other DVD's after that?

about Templeton: just straight dope. can't wait for the whole thing. Never knew about the Templeton/J Lee thing by the way.