Author Topic: Huf Sutter  (Read 5718 times)

The Claw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -9
Huf Sutter
« on: October 31, 2013, 11:44:45 AM »
Has anybody had/have these shoes? I've been really into Gravis lately (found a few pairs on this website called Seshday.com for super cheap) and they look really similar to the filters. Just want to get some feedback before I look into buying them. Thanks!
http://www.hufworldwide.com/managed/product_images/Sutter_Black_Side.jpg.460x460_q100_crop.jpg

ttayw

Re: Huf Sutter
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 10:41:37 PM »
Ya I had the waxed canvas sutters, really good shoes, they skated just like the gravis filters except the sole wore down a lot quicker.
The waxed canvas was really good quality, lasted about a month and a half without tearing through before the sole wore down and I stopped skating em... I'll probably pick up the suede version soon

skate

• Rep: -16
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 07:51:50 PM »
they're pretty expensive for just simple vulc shoes. are they worth it?

wood

• Rep: -2
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2013, 08:33:28 PM »
They look super clean and the colorways are awesome. I'd totally get a pair but I have horrible luck with soles wearing too quick

KMAC

• Rep: -10
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 08:54:29 AM »
idk why they put the stupid ass "H" grip on the bottom, ruined the whole shoe for me

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2013, 11:29:24 AM »
Not to hijack talking about the Sutter...has anyone skated the Huf Cooper? Or, is it even designed with skateboarding in mind? I'd be interested to hear if anyone tried to give it a go.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 05:22:47 PM by heritage »

skate

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2013, 05:06:17 PM »
idk why they put the stupid ass "H" grip on the bottom, ruined the whole shoe for me

whats wrong with it?

coneklr

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2013, 05:08:46 PM »
Well if you want to try them, buy them today and get the 30% off and they usually throw socks in there too

KMAC

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2013, 06:10:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

whats wrong with it?

that shit goes bald way to fast

louie_bk

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2013, 06:22:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

whats wrong with it?
[close]

that shit goes bald way to fast

skate

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2013, 08:26:09 PM »
^good to know. gonna hold out on these for now

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -607
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2013, 10:40:58 AM »
i remember someone posted some sutters that they bleached, looked pretty good. i remember that guy said he liked the shoes a lot.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

Dr Steve Brule

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2013, 11:10:29 AM »
Not to hijack talking about the Sutter...has anyone skated the Huf Cooper? Or, is it even designed with skateboarding in mind? I'd be interested to hear if anyone tried to give it a go.

I got the brown pair in the Huf surprise pack this summer.  They're really uncomfortable and crazy stiff, they also have a weird shape.  I don't think they would skate well at all, in fact I can hardly wear mine in general
For Your Health

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2013, 11:30:36 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I got the brown pair in the Huf surprise pack this summer.  They're really uncomfortable and crazy stiff, they also have a weird shape.  I don't think they would skate well at all, in fact I can hardly wear mine in general

Thank you for the reply! I really appreciate the heads up. That stinks to hear because I really do dig the look of them. I checked out the 30% off sale, but they didn't have them in my size.

gnarcya

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2014, 12:14:19 AM »
i remember someone posted some sutters that they bleached, looked pretty good. i remember that guy said he liked the shoes a lot.
Yeah man the shoes are still holding up great, just posted up a review too.
Thanks.

work lurk

• Rep: 0
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2014, 12:35:22 AM »
Is HUF ever going to restock the waxed canvas model? Been eyeing them for awhile.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2014, 05:15:09 AM »
The "H" grip is exactly why I won't buy the Sutters or the Ramondettas. If I were going to skate any shoes besides skate highs I'd try those two Huf models but I know that the grip is going to be terrible.

KMAC

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2014, 08:46:22 AM »
The "H" grip is exactly why I won't buy the Sutters or the Ramondettas. If I were going to skate any shoes besides skate highs I'd try those two Huf models but I know that the grip is going to be terrible.

gnarcya

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2014, 09:34:33 AM »

It goes flat in 2 weeks but still has amazing grip. I've had Sutters and Ramondettas.

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2014, 03:11:58 PM »
They restocked the black and white suede Sutters over the holidays and had a 30% off Boxing Day sale. I bought a pair and have loved them. It doesn't hurt that they were pretty cheap.

skate

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2014, 06:26:30 PM »
anybody else enter the giveaway thing on facebook? they're giving away a pair of sutters to 3 people every friday this month
i already know i'm not gonna win cuz i never win these things  :'(
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 06:35:17 PM by skate »

The Claw

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2014, 08:37:07 PM »
to anybody who's had them, how do they fit size wise? I have super skinny weird feet and I wear different sizes with different brands. Like I wear 7.5 in Fallens, 7 in emerica and vans and 8 in DC. I have some filters in 7.5 but i could probably fit a 7. Theres a pair of the grey with the black sole on amazon and they only have a 7 so i'm going back and forth on it

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1290
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2014, 08:14:55 AM »
I would go half size down if you like a snugger fit. If this is any comparison that'll help, I wear a 10.5 in the laced and a 10 in this and they felt like the same fit.

The Claw

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2014, 11:28:24 AM »
I would go half size down if you like a snugger fit. If this is any comparison that'll help, I wear a 10.5 in the laced and a 10 in this and they felt like the same fit.

THat helps a lot thank you! Now my only question is should I get sutters or provosts?

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1290
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2014, 12:34:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

THat helps a lot thank you! Now my only question is should I get sutters or provosts?
Provosts for sure, haha. I like the look of these but the Provosts were definitely the better skate shoe.

The Claw

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2014, 01:01:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Provosts for sure, haha. I like the look of these but the Provosts were definitely the better skate shoe.
Rad. Thanks man!

skate

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2014, 06:58:59 PM »
finally got a pair of these. its a little tough putting them on... they feel like era pros, hopefully they last longer tho