Author Topic: New 149 Thunders about to hit?  (Read 21112 times)

colin

Re: New 149 Thunders about to hit?
« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2014, 07:27:14 PM »
Expand Quote

Who is this "Max" dude? I'd like to see more of him, he fuckin' ripped.
[close]

Max Garson, He rides for Meta Skateboards in Boulder, Colorado. In fact the whole Meta team rips Jack Spanbauer, Josh Steele, Max, Will Garson, and etc. They have a dope video the Holy Crail and Max, Jack and Josh are all in the Null "Nothing" video.

Is this park in CO? If so, where? Thank you

Tracer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #91 on: April 25, 2014, 10:52:31 PM »
This whole idea of heightening trucks is a bad idea. Reg 149ers were perfect, the fact they're lower keeps me from riding indys

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #92 on: April 26, 2014, 12:22:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Don't even mention bitch theeve in a thunder thread, thunders are way better. Overpriced bullshit who needs titanium trucks fuckin posers
[close]

Thunder makes a titanium truck too.
[close]
thunders are just titanium axles, the theeves are a full titanium hanger.  they grind weird and smell awful when you do.

They smell awful? Lmfao.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

soccer mom

« Reply #93 on: May 02, 2014, 09:51:58 PM »
It is a damn strange smell fringing titanium hangers on concrete. Those trucks are awesome but don't grind as far as thunder titanium with the regular hanger thats for sure

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 980
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #94 on: June 10, 2014, 12:26:33 PM »
Just got my package from SW, it looks like they sent me ONE 149II and one old one.

One has the embossed 149, sticker stating II, hanger kingpin area is squarish with a more swoop-like hanger line (kida indy-like really) and the non-teardrop bushing seat under the hanger and it's clearly taller.

Other one one has no sticker, teardrop hanger seat, no embossing, hanger kingpin area is rounded with angled lines, and is lower...nice work SW.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 01:03:30 PM by Xen »

LennyDLXSF

• Rep: 77
  • Deluxe Customer Service
« Reply #95 on: June 10, 2014, 12:46:48 PM »
Just got my package from SW, it looks like they sent me ONE 149II and one old one.

One has the embossed 149, sticker stating II, hanger kingpin area is squarish and the non-teardrop bushing seat under the hanger and it's clearly taller.

Other one one has no sticker, teardrop hanger seat, no embossing, hanger kingpin area is rounded, and is lower...nice work SW.

PM'd

N.L.

« Reply #96 on: June 10, 2014, 02:12:33 PM »
Xen

At least you can compare the old and new.... since you have them, can you tell me whether the hangars are exactly the same width or not? I have a feeling the new ones are a tad wider...

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
« Reply #97 on: June 10, 2014, 04:16:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Don't even mention bitch theeve in a thunder thread, thunders are way better. Overpriced bullshit who needs titanium trucks fuckin posers
[close]

[close]
thunders are just titanium axles, the theeves are a full titanium hanger.  they grind weird and smell awful when you do.
[close]

They smell awful? Lmfao.
it sounds crazy but it's true.  the heat/friction during the grind causes an odd burning smell from the titanium.  If you ever had an old school train set as a kid, you'd recognize the smell.
glad i got a kook out of this.

Conan

« Reply #98 on: June 10, 2014, 04:31:32 PM »
Fucking joke that these haven't hit the UK yet. If anyone from Shiner is reading this - You are blowin it!

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 980
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #99 on: June 10, 2014, 05:40:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
thunders are just titanium axles, the theeves are a full titanium hanger.  they grind weird and smell awful when you do.
[close]

They smell awful? Lmfao.
[close]
it sounds crazy but it's true.  the heat/friction during the grind causes an odd burning smell from the titanium.  If you ever had an old school train set as a kid, you'd recognize the smell.
glad i got a kook out of this.

Only the Theeve Tih is a full titanium hanger, the others are a 'blend' which really only consists of .012% ti, pure marketing.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 11:30:44 AM by Xen »

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #100 on: June 11, 2014, 07:00:02 PM »
So I'm guessing the old 149s are going to be totally phased out? I kind of liked them at that height :/

Oops, I'm dumb. I just went back to the first page and had my question answered.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 07:04:32 PM by Hash Slinging Slasher »

Stanley Spadowski

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
  • Can I still be the janitor?
« Reply #101 on: July 19, 2014, 06:16:27 PM »
I got some 149 hollow lights right before the new 149'ers came out.
And I'm getting some horrible axl slip on them.
So I'm wondering if DLX would replace them. Even though they are not the new 149's
Do they offer a warranty?
Any help would be great. LennyDLXSF you out there?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 06:19:59 PM by Stanley Spadowski »
"These floors are dirty as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more!"

Candygirl

• Rep: -4
« Reply #102 on: July 20, 2014, 02:59:08 AM »
So I'm wondering if DLX would replace them. Even though they are not the new 149's

Same here. I just skated them for about two weeks.
Now I always have to carry a tool with me to tighten/loosen the wheels.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
« Reply #103 on: July 20, 2014, 03:14:48 AM »
DLX are usually really good about replacing faulty stuff.  send an emailto [email protected] and they'll probably ask you to mail the trucks to them.  I once had a set of spitfires which immediately split from their cores and DLX wound up sending me two replacement sets.  great crew over there!

colin

« Reply #104 on: July 20, 2014, 05:55:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Don't forget the old trick of banging the other wheel/axle on the ground to get it to slip back...

Stanley Spadowski

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #105 on: July 20, 2014, 06:17:58 PM »
DLX are usually really good about replacing faulty stuff.  send an emailto [email protected] and they'll probably ask you to mail the trucks to them.I once had a set of spitfires which immediately split from their cores and DLX wound up sending me two replacement sets.  great crew over there!
That's great, but what am I supposed to skate in the meantime?
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Don't forget the old trick of banging the other wheel/axle on the ground to get it to slip back...
Yeah I know that trick, it just gets very annoying having to do it every time I pick my board up.

passthegeritol

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 1
« Reply #106 on: July 20, 2014, 10:57:22 PM »
I love the turning, grinding and looks of the new thunders but I am wondering why the base plate is made so short?  I had a pair of the "1's" or old 49'ers and would always get pitched when trying nose/tail slides with 54-55mm wheels.  When nose/tail sliding your wheels hit before the base plate making your slides way shorter than when riding most every other truck I can think of on the market. If you are curious line up the mounting hardware hole on thunders to a set of indy, ace, theeve, krux, venture, royal, silver, tensor etc. and you will see that there is much less metal sticking out from the outside edge of the base plate.

Has this been remedied for the new version?
Does DLX have plans to change this in the future?
Has anyone figured out a fix for this (hard riser pads?) or am I missing something else obvious (angle of nose/tail) that will help me get my slide on? 
Yes, more wax could help but it seems like an obvious design flaw that I am sure others have been frustrated with....

256 Ply

• Rep: 22
« Reply #107 on: July 21, 2014, 02:06:32 AM »
I love the turning, grinding and looks of the new thunders but I am wondering why the base plate is made so short?  I had a pair of the "1's" or old 49'ers and would always get pitched when trying nose/tail slides with 54-55mm wheels.  When nose/tail sliding your wheels hit before the base plate making your slides way shorter than when riding most every other truck I can think of on the market. If you are curious line up the mounting hardware hole on thunders to a set of indy, ace, theeve, krux, venture, royal, silver, tensor etc. and you will see that there is much less metal sticking out from the outside edge of the base plate.

Has anyone figured out a fix for this (hard riser pads?) or am I missing something else obvious (angle of nose/tail) that will help me get my slide on? 
Yes, more wax could help but it seems like an obvious design flaw that I am sure others have been frustrated with....

It was a design choice to re-center the holes with the advent of the new school mounting pattern. This was changed a long, long time ago (mid 90s I think). It makes it easier to reach the nuts rear with a skate tool.

Check out a pair of Ventures and you'll see the holes are almost under the hanger. A real bitch to mount.

Candygirl

• Rep: -4
« Reply #108 on: July 21, 2014, 02:53:05 AM »
DLX are usually really good about replacing faulty stuff.  send an emailto [email protected] and they'll probably ask you to mail the trucks to them.  I once had a set of spitfires which immediately split from their cores and DLX wound up sending me two replacement sets.  great crew over there!

I would have to send them from CPH to SF. As long as it doesn`t bother me too much, I`ll be fine with them.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 02:21:42 AM by Candygirl »

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #109 on: July 21, 2014, 12:41:08 PM »
local shops will often replace indys, you dont have to go direct to the source.

LennyDLXSF

« Reply #110 on: July 23, 2014, 10:34:04 AM »
Expand Quote
DLX are usually really good about replacing faulty stuff.  send an emailto [email protected] and they'll probably ask you to mail the trucks to them.  I once had a set of spitfires which immediately split from their cores and DLX wound up sending me two replacement sets.  great crew over there!
[close]

DLX  warranty department is the worsts they never reply to emails they say they never get the item you sent even when you provide a tracking number!
And if you sent them something in the past they won?t replace any other item even if it falls under warranty!
Screw Deluxe!!!

Sorry, but that is just not true.

I respond to all legitimate warranty claims.
If you did not receive a replacement, then your claim did not meet the requirements for one.

metsuri

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2
« Reply #111 on: July 23, 2014, 11:06:31 AM »

I'm with you on this one. I skate 51, max 52mm wheels and I always get stuck on talislides and noseslides because the wheels hit the ledge before the baseplate. I skated Thunders for years but recently changed back to Ventures only for this reason. On Ventures, the baseplate kind of comes out more, thus being the first part to hit the ledge instead of the wheels. Because of that, slidetricks don't have to be locked in perfectly, and still be able to slide.

That sucks cause Thunders are the best trucks otherwise. If this issue was dealt with, I'd never skate any other truck. Like mentioned above, I'm sure a lot of people who can't sit perfectly on their tailslides everytime, struggle with this.

LennyDLXSF

« Reply #112 on: July 23, 2014, 12:20:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

DLX  warranty department is the worsts they never reply to emails they say they never get the item you sent even when you provide a tracking number!
And if you sent them something in the past they won?t replace any other item even if it falls under warranty!
Screw Deluxe!!!

[close]

Sorry, but that is just not true.

I respond to all legitimate warranty claims.
If you did not receive a replacement, then your claim did not meet the requirements for one.
[close]

If that was true Reed why would you say the following

Send me your address and I?ll get a replacement set sent out to you asap!

Thanks,

-Reed

Screw Deluxe

Email me your info again, I'll check it out.

colin

« Reply #113 on: July 24, 2014, 08:30:41 AM »
Lenny, you're like the epitome of cool customer service under harsh barge pressure. Good job

Stanley Spadowski

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #114 on: July 24, 2014, 02:14:19 PM »
I just asked a question about my trucks and DLX warranty polices, in this thread. A day later Lenny sent me a PM.
Now I'd say that's some good fucking customer service.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1168
« Reply #115 on: July 24, 2014, 02:29:19 PM »
DLX has the best customer service of any company in any industry.  Bar none.

hardly art, hardly starving

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1168
« Reply #116 on: July 25, 2014, 01:14:14 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This is your first warranty issue!

Wait until you additional warranty issues like myself I am sure you will change your TUNE!

I have been running deluxe products since 1987!!!!

SCREW DELUXE!!!

Based on your punctuation and diction, i'm guessing you also have a Nigerian relative whose fortune you are awaiting if you can just have someone in the U.S. wire some administrative costs to an account...

hardly art, hardly starving

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 976
  • the moon rules
« Reply #117 on: July 26, 2014, 04:13:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Wait until you additional warranty issues like myself I am sure you will change your TUNE!

SCREW DELUXE!!!

in my experience they have the best customer service. period. i might have posted this before, i might not have, i don't know. 7 years ago i was working in a shop. i got a set of thunders where my wheels wouldn't spin. i thought it had to be the axle. i called up our rep to explain the situation and i asked him if he wanted me to send them back first. he said don't even send them, and he sent out some replacement trucks. the problem ended up being the bearings pushing out of the wheels. i called him back to see if he wanted me to send back the trucks or to charge them to our next order. he said don't even worry about it. i was stoked

i'm not sure if it was because of how often and how much we ordered, but every single order came with extra stuff. boards, wheels, bearings, trucks, hats, etc.and it always got invoiced as promo gear. we only asked for promo gear for contests, but each order came with extras. i think we were doing 4-6 deluxe orders a month

i posted something on here about eight years ago about having an anti hero board that felt like it had a soft tail. by the end of the day i got an email and phone call from jim t. offering to replace it

the summer before spitfire came out with the f1's they pretty much sponsored the entire messageboard. they were sending all of us samples to try out before they came out. kind of like how lenny/reed sent out the f4's to certain posters

i had some f4's where the urethane started to fall apart. reed sent out replacement wheels almost instantly

deluxe has the best customer service out of anyone, on top of the best hardgoods.
/dlxsf fanboy post
?\_(ツ)_/?
fuck you bama

LennyDLXSF

« Reply #118 on: July 29, 2014, 07:50:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

SCREW DELUXE!!!

[close]
in my experience they have the best customer service. period. i might have posted this before, i might not have, i don't know. 7 years ago i was working in a shop. i got a set of thunders where my wheels wouldn't spin. i thought it had to be the axle. i called up our rep to explain the situation and i asked him if he wanted me to send them back first. he said don't even send them, and he sent out some replacement trucks. the problem ended up being the bearings pushing out of the wheels. i called him back to see if he wanted me to send back the trucks or to charge them to our next order. he said don't even worry about it. i was stoked

i'm not sure if it was because of how often and how much we ordered, but every single order came with extra stuff. boards, wheels, bearings, trucks, hats, etc.and it always got invoiced as promo gear. we only asked for promo gear for contests, but each order came with extras. i think we were doing 4-6 deluxe orders a month

i posted something on here about eight years ago about having an anti hero board that felt like it had a soft tail. by the end of the day i got an email and phone call from jim t. offering to replace it

the summer before spitfire came out with the f1's they pretty much sponsored the entire messageboard. they were sending all of us samples to try out before they came out. kind of like how lenny/reed sent out the f4's to certain posters

i had some f4's where the urethane started to fall apart. reed sent out replacement wheels almost instantly

deluxe has the best customer service out of anyone, on top of the best hardgoods.
/dlxsf fanboy post
?\_(ツ)_/?
[close]

No company wants bad or negative posts on the internet.
So if you post it here or anywhere else on the internet they will jump to fix it, I have never posted or complained about there products or there service until now. I would just mail the item back with all my contact information. They never responded to me no email or phone call telling me that they cant help me. When i did I get through to them i would  provided tracking numbers and they would we never got it.

I have been buying skate products since the mid 80's most of my old boards were SMA Jim T graphics and old thunder trucks.

My experience with Deluxe's warranty department has always been difficult.

What i am getting from your comment is that i should post my problem here and Jimmy T or the warranty department will jump to replace my items.  thanks :)

My opinion with good reason
( SCREW DELUXE )

Look, Just email me again with your information so I can pull up your file.

We're not trying to screw anyone here.

Stanley Spadowski

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #119 on: July 31, 2014, 08:18:50 PM »
I was skating these and got horrible axel slip.

And today I received these in the mail?

I like thunders, but I figured they would have replaced with the same trucks. Or some similar SILVER trucks.
We'll looks like I will have to sell these.
Customer service was quick. But getting these trucks in return, kinda sours me a little bit about DLX.