Author Topic: ricky oyola  (Read 2133 times)

kools

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -45
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
ricky oyola
« on: December 24, 2006, 11:00:53 PM »
go buy the video, it's only $10.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 10:56:49 AM by isaac »

mipe

Re: ricky oyola
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 04:58:06 AM »
whooo!!
...three tricks from puleo

ciaran

• Rep: 22
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 05:47:33 AM »
fuck's sake, that video is only just out and it's not like Traffic are a massive global corporation, ala Element or World.  Is there any need to rip such parts up on Youtube? 

kools

• Rep: -45
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2006, 06:19:47 AM »
spread the word!

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2006, 06:53:52 AM »
fuck's sake, that video is only just out and it's not like Traffic are a massive global corporation, ala Element or World.  Is there any need to rip such parts up on Youtube? 
I'll never ever get to see this on dvd in sweden, so fuck yes, there is a need

Norwegianwood

• Rep: 0
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2006, 07:56:09 AM »
Soo good! Ricky is the king! That fs 180 into the bank from Bobby was pretty sick!

biggums mcgee

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2006, 08:44:06 AM »

kinda what I was thinking..

ciaran

• Rep: 22
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2006, 09:48:07 AM »
Mail order? 

Buffalo Hunter

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2006, 10:36:30 AM »
Will ship international for $20

www.trafficskateboards.com

TheMoneyMellon

• Rep: -1
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2006, 10:51:36 AM »
I'm gonna get a lot of shit for this but I'm glad it's on youtube. Why? Becuase in all honesty I would not buy the video. I can barely afford to pay for boards and shoes. The little money I have left over goes to paying for my car. My understanding was that videos were made not so that the company could cash in off the video itself, but so that people would see the video and go buy a board. I try to support the companies I like, companies like Popwar, Bueno, and Listen. I'll buy the hardgoods, but I'm not willing to spend money on videos.

Bill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
  • Back?
    • Divine Clothing & Design avatar image
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2006, 11:09:19 AM »
I'm gonna get a lot of shit for this but I'm glad it's on youtube. Why? Becuase in all honesty I would not buy the video. I can barely afford to pay for boards and shoes. The little money I have left over goes to paying for my car. My understanding was that videos were made not so that the company could cash in off the video itself, but so that people would see the video and go buy a board. I try to support the companies I like, companies like Popwar, Bueno, and Listen. I'll buy the hardgoods, but I'm not willing to spend money on videos.

I understand that and all, but its only 10 bucks.  I could see if it was priced like every other video out there, but this one is dirt cheap.  If you don't have 10 extra bucks to spend, you need to reconsider your priorities.

TheMoneyMellon

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2006, 11:14:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I understand that and all, but its only 10 bucks.  I could see if it was priced like every other video out there, but this one is dirt cheap.  If you don't have 10 extra bucks to spend, you need to reconsider your priorities.

Haha, I do have ten extra bucks to spend... But watching skate videos aren't too high on my list of priorities. I love watching skate videos but it's something that's a luxury, I don't need to be watching them. Although I will admit that I was watching the team montage and was thinking it would be really nice to own the video. Maybe after I buy my car I'll have some extra money but until then I feel like putting that 10 bucks towards some new hardgoods is a better idea.

peacepappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -97
  • tae-tae
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2006, 11:19:49 AM »

i know exactly what you are talking about. I have shoe size 10-10.5, so it's almost impossible for me to buy decent and cheap shoes. I have to survive with 75 dollars a month or something, while shoes last me 2-3 weeks. my point is i barely have enough money to skate so i'm pretty glad these videos are on youtube.
ohyeahohyeah

fuckingvegan

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2006, 11:42:36 AM »
Dude you guys don't know what money problems are, and I still being dirt poor bought the video to support a real skater owned company.

TheMoneyMellon

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2006, 12:00:18 PM »
I guess I implied that I have money problems, but that wasn't my intention. Actually I'm far from having money problems as I'm 18 and my parents still pretty much support me, although I have to work for my own money to buy skateboards, clothes, etc. What I meant is that I have a limited budget. I probably could afford to buy the Traffic video, but I would rather put that money towards one of their decks, or some other hardgood. I'm just saying that videos aren't too high on my list of spending priorities. I'm sure skate companies realize this, and that is why I've always thought that videos were made to increase hardgood sales rather than make money off of the video itself. You may be more noble than me for spending your money on the video, but still, I would rather have some new reds than a new video.

Bill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
  • Back?
    • Divine Clothing & Design avatar image
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2006, 12:12:56 PM »
Word.  I get you.  I guess I'm kinda biased when it comes to Traffic.  They're probably my favorite company.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2006, 12:13:03 PM »
I can't wait til I get this video, this is probably going to be the only video I'm not going to spoil for myself by checking the parts up on youtube.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2006, 12:14:19 PM »
currently on mirc, and say the traffic video pop up and said naw.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

kinggeedorah

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2006, 12:41:12 PM »
All you suckers bitching about 10 bucks should consider the loot a donation to one of the rawest street skaters ever and realize he probably needs it even worse than you.  Some kids on here talking about being supported by his parents and bitching about spending the $?  Ricky's supporting 3 kids of his own sucker.

golgo13

« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2006, 12:51:51 PM »
Not to mention that Traffic is everything skateboarding should be and none of what i hate. Running a skateboard company breaking even and scraping by is exactly what Ricky is doing. if you dont have the money cool, but if you can manage 10 bucks you should buy it. im hoping traffic can stay alive in this day and age of trendiness and image driven individuals. I remember emailing traffic about boards for my shop right when they first dropped, the next day i walked into my shop to a ringing phone and it was ricky calling to see what was up, we talked for a while about alot of things, pretty much one of the more memorable moments in my life. needless to say before that ricky was my favorite but after that moment he jumped to untouchable. there are some people in this industry worth supporting, to me he is def one of them. and this video is worth all the praise ive heard and then some. just wish i could get a hold of some t shirts and hoodies.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2006, 11:16:45 AM »
Just because the topic is Ricky Oyola, and it's in Photos/Videos, I decided to post this:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=34u-W9WONok
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2006, 12:03:47 PM »
I always think it is funny that Kareem tried to talk shit about him.

TheMoneyMellon

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2006, 12:19:52 PM »
All you suckers bitching about 10 bucks should consider the loot a donation to one of the rawest street skaters ever and realize he probably needs it even worse than you.  Some kids on here talking about being supported by his parents and bitching about spending the $?  Ricky's supporting 3 kids of his own sucker.
I'm not bitching about spending 10 bucks. I could go without watching the video, I never requested people to put it on youtube or any of that shit. It's up there, so I watched it. I don't feel guilty either. It's my money and I can decide what is more important to me. Financing Ricky Oyola is not really my goal. He deserves all the cash he can get becuase he is one raw mother fucker, but I would rather put that 10 bucks towards a Traffic deck than the video. Ricky should be able to get along fine with that.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2006, 02:25:17 PM »

Where was that at again?

fuckingvegan

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2006, 02:44:18 PM »
Just because the topic is Ricky Oyola, and it's in Photos/Videos, I decided to post this:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=34u-W9WONok

Still one of the best street parts ever filmed.

Lomaz

• Rep: 1
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2006, 03:51:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Where was that at again?

I remember in an old mag when Oyola was on Kastel he said "Do you really deserve a pro shoe?  Think about it."

fuckingvegan

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2006, 04:15:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Where was that at again?
[close]

I remember in an old mag when Oyola was on Kastel he said "Do you really deserve a pro shoe?  Think about it."

Aw I kind of remember that. I had a pair of Ricky's Kastel shoe (the second model) good shoes, still have the box at my Mom's in Ohio.

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2006, 06:54:43 AM »
Yeah, Kareem was freaking out about how easy it was to get a pro shoe.

Edward Penishands

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2006, 07:35:58 AM »
Yeah, Kareem was freaking out about how easy it was to get a pro shoe.

i wonder what he has to say about that justin eldridge guy