Author Topic: Independent vs thunder  (Read 32561 times)

brownjenkin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Independent vs thunder
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2014, 03:26:46 PM »
Do Thunders give you a longer wheelbase than Indys? I know Ventures do. I've been on Indys for some time now and I'd really like to try something else, but I don't really want to lengthen my wheelbase.

timv

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 17
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2014, 07:39:05 AM »
First pic is indy stage 11 149 hi's
Second pic is Thunder hollow light 149 hi's. The first version not the newest ones.

Do Thunders give you a longer wheelbase than Indys? I know Ventures do. I've been on Indys for some time now and I'd really like to try something else, but I don't really want to lengthen my wheelbase.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2014, 07:54:06 AM »
Expand Quote
wasn't there a dude on here who claimed mini-logo trucks were the best trucks he's skated in decades?  where he at?  i remember he had a pretty convincing argument before i remembered we were talking about mini-logo trucks.

ps: krux totally work as a bottle opener, we use them at work all the time when people can't find theirs
[close]

Jbones i think it was

I got a set, they weren't bad at all. Felt like an indy low. I stick with theeve though, due to their oval yoke technology.

brownjenkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2014, 08:39:16 AM »
Second pic is Thunder hollow light 149 hi's. The first version not the newest ones.
Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks for doing that man!

timv

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 17
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2014, 11:35:15 AM »
No problem!!

I actually already had the pics because I tried to document measurable differences between 4 different sets of trucks.
Those two, theeve tiax 5.85 v3's, and venture 5.85 highs.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Thanks for doing that man!

N.L.

« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2014, 11:59:15 AM »
The new Thunder 149s will not give a longer wheelbase than Indy stage 11s.

FrenchFuck

« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2014, 10:13:40 AM »
check out ace. The best turn out there.

alonelikeastone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
  • 608z.
    • Meh. avatar image
« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2014, 08:37:22 AM »
I ride indy... they work with you, or they work with me. Especially for smith grinds, they sort of know I want to pop out where as thunders stay down and i fall off the curb.
I like the way they turn and i ride em as loose as I can, but with thunders at a medium loose they keep on turning right into wheel bite. Indy again just seems to turn with me. They don't over turn! and the board does not wobble and not turn at all like with destructo.

pakyuka

• Rep: -1
« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2014, 09:49:29 PM »
which is better thunder high or indy lo?

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2014, 09:59:46 PM »
which is better thunder high or indy lo?
Indy lows with risers. Thunder highs are too squirelly

shark tits

« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2014, 05:45:35 AM »
I ride indy... they work with you, or they work with me. Especially for smith grinds, they sort of know I want to pop out where as thunders stay down and i fall off the curb.
i've got royal trux right now but they work w/ me too. like if i'm in a tailslide i shout 'to fakie' and my trucks deliver me from the ledge going backwards. they know when i want to nollie and when i want to be left alone. they really are the perfect trucks.