Author Topic: Ben Nordberg of SOVRN  (Read 4110 times)

Sick_McCrank_

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -480
Re: Ben Nordberg of SOVRN
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2023, 05:41:45 AM »
For some odd reason he showed up on my IG feed and I got a good chuckle remembering this guy exists. I checked the Flip site and was *shocked and appalled* to see he was no longer on the site!

I Googled ‘Ben Nordberg Slap’ to see if you fine folks had more recent news, and I saw people saying he was pro for SOVRN a couple years back. I see no Ben Nordberg decks on their site.

I am SHOCKED and VERY DISAPPOINTED to see that our sweet boy seems to have no deck sponsor backing him. As we all know, he is a very focused young man known for hitting the big street spots on the regular. Gosh damn, what a loss…

~~~~~~~~~~

Obviously 99% of you know I’m joking around… I’m not shocked to see he seems to have no sponsors anymore. I suppose he’ll ride off into the sunset doing a bigflip back noseblunt stall on a mini ramp a couple times a year, and continue his brave foray into the fashion modeling world. All whilst holding a deep secret shame and resentment that he’ll never be as hot as Dylan was / never have Dylan’s effortless “it-boy” factor.

I wonder how many street tricks Ben Nordberg even filmed in the last few years of his careers on deck sponsors? I think I remember seeing some (i.e. about as many as you can count on a single hand) flip-to-stall tricks on a couple banks… simply pretending he was comfortably back at home on a smallish mini ramp.

Oh, how the years fly by!

Why do you guys go to such lengths to get info about some dudes sponsors? What is this obsession? I don’t get it. Is it the skaters version of girls gossip? Am I socially akward for not caring about that stuff? Or am I not core enough? I’m confused.
Trendwatch 2022: kooking Sick_McCrank_ everyday for being a kook

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2023, 05:43:00 AM »
I'm joking, my man. My jaw will be on the floor if this guy ever has a board sponsor again.

Sick_McCrank_

• Rep: -480
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2023, 06:02:31 AM »
Well you joked yourself then. Doing your detective works and stuff. Wasting time and resources and all for this.
Trendwatch 2022: kooking Sick_McCrank_ everyday for being a kook

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2023, 07:59:04 AM »
I spent about a total of 45 seconds looking at the Flip site and then Googling 'Ben Nordnerg Slap'. That was the extent of 'decective work'. What, have you optimized your day that every single minute of the day is ultimate efficiency ensuring you live your best life? Your previous post is about as long as it took me to discover this goofy meme skater from the mid/late 2010s has, inevitably (from lack of motivation and progression), faded into almost full obscurity from the skate industry. Plus he's a pretty goofy looking model, not even the best looking fella

emotional_degloving

• Rep: 44
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2023, 08:25:38 AM »
who of what

HisNameIsntWarren

• Rep: 48
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2023, 10:44:43 AM »
Backside flip fakie 5-0 a hubba. Dude can do some fucked up shit but chooses stalls in ditches. Wants to stay injury free for his modeling career? Doesn’t want to dirty his ripped tees? We’ll never know.

Welcome to the OC bitch! This is how it’s done in Orange County.

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 59
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2023, 12:55:08 PM »
Backside flip fakie 5-0 a hubba. Dude can do some fucked up shit but chooses stalls in ditches. Wants to stay injury free for his modeling career? Doesn’t want to dirty his ripped tees? We’ll never know.

I bet he doesn’t even sweat when he skates. There’s just a smell of petals and fresh watermelon wafting as he skates by.

Terminal

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2023, 08:16:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I bet he doesn’t even sweat when he skates. There’s just a smell of petals and fresh watermelon wafting as he skates by.
I think they call it dewmelon, or dewberry; my circa 95 girlfriend used to wear it. You'd have to agree, though, smells better than Evan Smith going by..

OwlGreen

• Rep: -127
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2023, 09:23:51 PM »
I saw him skate a miniramp in 2011. He was doing kickflip pivot fakies with his sweatshirt hood up and the sleeves covering his hands. I remember thinking he skated like a ghost. An emo ghost. Like he didn't seem to be affected by gravity. Arms more Antwuan than Antwuan. Reminded me a bit of Penny on the Amsterdam ramp in 1996.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2023, 10:20:12 PM »
Nen Bordberg

Borg neb nerd
Borg Brenden
Brendon berg
Brenn bodger
BEng Brno Der
BEng Born Dre
BEng bro nerd
BEng boner dr
BEng boner rd
BEng bored RN
BEng borer nd
BEng born Der
Benn Bord reg
Benn Borg Der
Benn bro dreg
Ber bong nerd
Brenn Der gob
ben born dreg
beg bonder RN
beg nd reborn
berg drone nb
bern bren dog
bern bren god
bern bro Deng
bob gender RN
bern Deng orb
boned brr neg
boner dreg nb
boner gb nerd
born edger nb
den gobber RN
dog nebr nebr
don Gerber nb
dr gobber nne
dreg nebr nob
Eng nerd Robb
Eng RN robbed
Eng Robb rend
ebb Gorden RN
end gb reborn
end gobber RN
enrobed gb RN
be bren dr nog
be bren god RN
be dr nb negro

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2023, 10:28:28 PM »
Hate to be that guy buuuut.. there are most definitely still Nordberg boards on sovrns site.

Sold out. But every deck on their site is sold out so that's not saying much.

work_lurker

• Rep: 61
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2023, 11:08:33 AM »
i rmember being moderately interestd in watchign this emaciated mannequin skate around the time of this video, it was obvious he could rip a big ramp and had the potential to get a bunch of padless vert clips but now looking back it's obvious he was never really into skating or falling out of love with it getting onto flip, and i'm sure the time chris cole got baited by that fake ig account and told ben how his career was a dead end didnt help
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBSTuHWvzdY

Woah, woah, woah. Chris Cole told Ben his career was a dead end? Where is the receipt? I'd like to check this out.
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
  • downward is heavenward
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2023, 11:43:26 AM »
Expand Quote
This was my shit back in the day

yep. same. I remember tripping on Ben when he first hit the scene. he had his own style and thing going on when he first popped up.

Ex Lion Tamer

• Rep: 12
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2023, 03:21:23 PM »
Expand Quote
i rmember being moderately interestd in watchign this emaciated mannequin skate around the time of this video, it was obvious he could rip a big ramp and had the potential to get a bunch of padless vert clips but now looking back it's obvious he was never really into skating or falling out of love with it getting onto flip, and i'm sure the time chris cole got baited by that fake ig account and told ben how his career was a dead end didnt help
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBSTuHWvzdY
[close]

Woah, woah, woah. Chris Cole told Ben his career was a dead end? Where is the receipt? I'd like to check this out.

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2023, 03:34:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This was my shit back in the day
[close]

yep. same. I remember tripping on Ben when he first hit the scene. he had his own style and thing going on when he first popped up.

I also remember everyone being impressed by him, when he arrived (wasn't Ben, one of the few positive things Watson had to say about extremely sorry, when he reviewed it on youwillsoon?), and he could be pretty funny and self deprecating in interviews, so he also got some goodwill that way.

It was just like he never really materialised into anything better than what he first brought to the table

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2023, 05:59:36 PM »
What, have you optimized your day that every single minute of the day is ultimate efficiency ensuring you live your best life?