Author Topic: Drop in Fourstar quality  (Read 1609 times)

Ivor86

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
Drop in Fourstar quality
« on: July 06, 2014, 05:23:21 AM »
Has Fourstar had a real drop in quality over the past year or so or is it just me been unlucky? They've been for the past decade or so, pretty much the only "skate brand" clothes I've worn (besides the odd thrasher or quite life product) but some of the items I've bought over the past 14 months or so have been real shoddy!

Started off with a Koston jacket in which the Velcro tore off after only two weeks of use, I had a Tshirt that was still in it's original packaging that had a hole in collar area, another T that also was still in the original packaging and had a big rip under the arm pit! The T's over the last year or so have gotten noticeably thinner, the tags been removed and are generally just not as good. To top it off my partner spent £80 on the Ishod jacket for me and the fucking buttons that connect the hood to the collar are fucking broken!!

I've never had a problem with their product before, but this is surely not just plain bad luck on my part, is it?

I've emailed crailtap, just waiting on them getting back to me (it's been 2 weeks)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 05:32:33 AM by Ivor86 »
Kickflip yo dick!

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
Re: Drop in Fourstar quality
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 07:14:25 AM »
The thinner material and tagless design on the shirts is the trend now. Can't speak to the Velcro and buttons issue though.

Being short is the motorcycle of life.

JAesop

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 10:50:57 AM »
Fourstar has never been a quality company IMO. The tees are ok but I have had two jackets and several button downs and they all have had buttons come off, seams unravel etc... I used to buy their stuff on sale but I don't even bother anymore.

dillanharp

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 11:55:16 AM »
Aside from the regular t's, fourstar has been shitty from the get. Super cheap quality, button ups cut and sewn all fucked up or super wrinkly. Buttons practically fly off themselves. It sucks since I keep trying to support and get let down every time.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 01:36:13 AM »
The same can be said of all crail product really.

Their philosophy seems to have been get good riders, good art and then get everything produced cheap as fuck in China. Don't really care about quality issues because the graphics and team will sell the product.

Kind of bullshit from a company people bleet on about being skater owned.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Ivor86

• Rep: -1
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 02:29:46 AM »
That's why I've always tried to support them - they're skater owned, their team as always been sick and there clothing range as always appealed to my eye. I've spent a fortune over the years on their product but it's just in the last year or so where I've really noticed a difference in quality.

I've never like Crail boards, always had problems with the ones I've had, so I stopped buying them. Looks like i'll be doing the same with their clothing!

Kickflip yo dick!

Widdipeye

• Rep: -3
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 12:35:21 AM »
I noticed this too. I just bought some Mike Carroll pants and the first time I skated in them the crotch of the pants ripped. I also got small holes easily from falling. I also noticed they use cardboard for labeling. Cost 68$ worst decision to buy to these.