Author Topic: How is there no plans for a skate video game on next gen consoles?  (Read 15697 times)

Stoop Kid 2.0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
Re: How is there no plans for a skate video game on next gen consoles?
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2014, 05:47:39 AM »
Skate 3 didn't sell as well as expected. They then pulled the plug on the Skate video game team. I really wish for a new Tony Hawk game they would get the guys who designed the skate games to make it. Same skate controls and all. Less bam and corny mascots.

ben shraider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -264
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2014, 08:37:49 AM »
Im certain we will get a next-gen skateboarding sim EVENTUALLY. Lots of developers have been quietly at work so who knows whats coming out down the pipeline? we might even get a reveal at this years E3 if we're lucky. I already know another Tony Hawk game has been confirmed but who knows what direction they'll go with it. I know the last few ones didn't sell well & the old-school remake was successful so id imagine they'll probably step away from that motion shit & go back to the more core gameplay. hell, bird man might've wisened up and asked for a whole new sim himself so who knows.

I guess it's just an iphone game

http://instagram.com/p/oliiGvLHnM/

Albatross

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2014, 05:38:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Im certain we will get a next-gen skateboarding sim EVENTUALLY. Lots of developers have been quietly at work so who knows whats coming out down the pipeline? we might even get a reveal at this years E3 if we're lucky. I already know another Tony Hawk game has been confirmed but who knows what direction they'll go with it. I know the last few ones didn't sell well & the old-school remake was successful so id imagine they'll probably step away from that motion shit & go back to the more core gameplay. hell, bird man might've wisened up and asked for a whole new sim himself so who knows.
[close]

I guess it's just an iphone game

http://instagram.com/p/oliiGvLHnM/

after the varial flip roast beef nosegrab there should have been a clip of a 40 something game dev nodding his head and smiling

brarbra

• Rep: -5
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2014, 09:54:12 AM »
Just because you haven't heard or read news about it doesn't mean it won't happen. Big publishers have R&D departments and some companies don't leak anything unless they want to. There's a lot of legal stuff to deal with too as far as branding, plus they have to get Monster, Nike and Mountain Dew to sign on because they own a percentage of mainstream skateboarding.

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2014, 05:08:35 PM »
plus they have to get Monster, Nike and Mountain Dew to sign on because they own a percentage of mainstream skateboarding.

What? Mainstream is a term, not a solid thing that people can buy shares from.

formeitscrazylike

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2014, 09:13:25 AM »
Expand Quote
plus they have to get Monster, Nike and Mountain Dew to sign on because they own a percentage of mainstream skateboarding.
[close]

It was a joke, dummy

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2014, 04:39:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2014, 04:50:56 PM »
^ur replying to an almost 2 month old post. plus I'm sure he got it and was just argueing semantics
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

shit_for_brains

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2014, 10:46:15 PM »
Since I guess this thread came off life support, some of you may be pleased to know that the control system from the EA series is not owned by EA, it was just licensed from the guy who came up with it so those controls could definitely be used for another game.

Bloody Matt

• Rep: -41
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2014, 12:48:52 AM »
YEAH! HOW?!!

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2014, 09:20:50 AM »
so i heard a rumor that skate 4 was supposed to be announced at pax prime accept prior to the event skate 3 got back in the top 20 selling games.  in fact they are reprinting skate 3 because of the high demand (this never happens.... ever)
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/08/ea-has-started-reprinting-copies-of-skate-3-because-of-pewdiepie/

it would seem as long as skate 3 still continues to sell they will be no skate 4...
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2014, 11:56:30 PM »
so i heard a rumor that skate 4 was supposed to be announced at pax prime accept prior to the event skate 3 got back in the top 20 selling games.  in fact they are reprinting skate 3 because of the high demand (this never happens.... ever)
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/08/ea-has-started-reprinting-copies-of-skate-3-because-of-pewdiepie/

it would seem as long as skate 3 still continues to sell they will be no skate 4...

the one thing pewdiepie did right with his youtube channel, he still sucks though

MF

« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2014, 12:24:42 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

the one thing pewdiepie did right with his youtube channel, he still sucks though