Author Topic: worst trick to lose game of skate to?  (Read 2870 times)

Rein

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -21
Re: worst trick to lose game of skate to?
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2014, 06:12:44 PM »
Friends that do the same 5-10 tricks in every game of skate, and then losing to one of those tricks.

Any varial flip for sure (I've never seen one switch though), fakie bigflip and kickflip underflip. A friend of mine does like a half kickflip and kicks it back with his front foot, not sure what it's called but I hate it.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2014, 06:15:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Fakie heelflip.
[close]

hardest trick in the world

Whats funny is that on paper it doesn't seem like it would be difficult. But i cant begin to tell you how many times ive primoed this. Its a 50/50 chance of me landing this. Varial flips can be a nightmare as well.

shark tits

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2014, 06:19:18 PM »
i can't fakie heelflip. can't really nollie/switch heelflip either but the fact that i can heelflip, halfcab and bs [occasionally fakie inward] means i should understand it and be able to perform said maneuver from time to time. but i can't. before the berrics homogenized SKATE everywhere i used to hate losing to 5 no complies. if you wanna do em go ahead but i don't like touching the ground mid-trick.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2014, 08:04:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Fakie heelflip.
[close]

[close]

Whats funny is that on paper it doesn't seem like it would be difficult. But i cant begin to tell you how many times ive primoed this. Its a 50/50 chance of me landing this. Varial flips can be a nightmare as well.
Fakie heel flips are not hard, it's just a massive mental block that you have to get over. Once you get your brain to understand that it's the same as any heel flip your body will instantly stop spazzing out when you try one. Don't worry about leveling out the board by kicking forward and out, just worry about kicking out to get the heel flip going and it'll work itself out. Another trick for heel flips in general for me is to have me feet closer together than I naturally would. It gets the board flipping and you foot out of the faster and it'll level itself out.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2014, 09:39:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Fakie heelflip.
[close]

[close]

[close]
Fakie heel flips are not hard, it's just a massive mental block that you have to get over. Once you get your brain to understand that it's the same as any heel flip your body will instantly stop spazzing out when you try one. Don't worry about leveling out the board by kicking forward and out, just worry about kicking out to get the heel flip going and it'll work itself out. Another trick for heel flips in general for me is to have me feet closer together than I naturally would. It gets the board flipping and you foot out of the faster and it'll level itself out.

A fakie heelflip is not just a heelflip going backwards. For a regular heelflip my big toe on the front foot is basically off the board. For fakie ones; I slide it more to the middle of the board. Seems to help.

Exposure

• Rep: -269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2014, 09:51:10 PM »
I have such a hard time with fakie heels. I have no problem with nollie heels, but for me fakie ones are infinitely harder. They look great when done properly though. Cory kennedy did a real good one on flatground in the ender line in his Pretty Sweet part.
I can ollie 6 decks why would I want to scrape the ground with my tricks

Probably A Robot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
  • dancing about architecture
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2014, 10:18:06 PM »
Any 360. If someone does one on my last letter I am torn between doing a shitty revert-y version in hopes of surviving, and actually trying to do it properly.
"I'm regular, but I identify as switch backside."