Author Topic: seattle  (Read 9403 times)

floop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
seattle
« on: April 04, 2014, 10:13:29 PM »
gonna be in Seattle for 5 days next month, appreciate recommendations on what thine best shit is.  i like parks with concrete tranny and fellow elder skaters with beer guts.  also like good beer and breweries.  and long walks on the beach.  and brazilian strippers
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: seattle
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 10:18:55 PM »
http://sleestak.net/forum/

PM Bobcat too. He's a good guy to have a ramen noodle fight with.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

optimusXgrind

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • facebook avatar image
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 07:26:20 AM »
marginal way

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 01:03:43 PM »
Jefferson park on beacon hill
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 06:50:52 AM »
Brazilian strippers?  That's way too specific of an ethnicity for a stripper.  Major red flag...

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 08:29:38 AM »
they don't have to be specifically Brazilian.  i was referring more to body type
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 09:54:30 AM »
Jefferson park on beacon hill

This - i went here after ice nine's recommendation a few years ago. The bowl there is sick and has a deep and shallow end. The bus can get you around pretty good when you're out of town. Go check out Black Market Skateshop - awesome hole in the wall.

The park by the space needle is good too - go check out the Chihuly Garden and Glass museum/exhibit too while you're in the area.

For Food:
Melrose Market. The breakfast spot in the corner is unreal. 
Honey Hole Sandwiches.
Skillet Diner - get anything with bacon jam.
Spinasse - high end Italian restaurant. Get the Rabbit salad if you see if.
Molly Moon's homemade Ice Cream

For Drinks:
There's Stumptown's all over for good coffee.
Victrola Coffee Roasters -go get a dopio shot.
Elysian Brewery is right in pike street - you'll dig that one alot, Floop. 
All the local wine is really good

You're going to have a great time.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2014, 03:04:08 PM »
I went there a while back. Marginal was pretty small at the time. It looks sweet now.

My friend lived next to the (new) Ballard Bowl. Honestly, I had as much fun there as anywhere else. It was simple but effective. Arlington was sick, Bainbridge Island was cool but showing its age (I think I enjoyed the ferry ride as much as the park, and Bellevue was ok but unmemorable.

I regret not going to Orca's Island. Yes, it is out there and it is a production getting out there but it looks to have the mix of big walls and smaller hips and junk that I prefer. That is definitely at the top of my list for next visit. I'd also want to check out that newer park by the Space Needle.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 03:15:58 PM »
thanks fellas.  appresh

b.v.

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2014, 08:59:53 PM »
Seattle has 5 newish parks in the last year that are all great.

Delridge is in west seattle

Judkins is just off capitol hill(trendy seattle area)

These two are not far from the heart of seattle along with Jefferson/Beacon hill.
Marginal Way is fun but pretty gnarly, that part of town is a bit sketchy but cool.
You'll have a blast.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2014, 09:05:55 PM »
thanks again for the advice fellas.  had an awesome time.  a friend of a friend took us on an epic Seattle skatepark tour throughout the weekend.  went to all the parks above and even got to go to the Seattle vert ramp.   i could post footage but you'd laugh

will post some photos when i have a chance

dug Seattle.  only been there 2 other times but a loooong time ago and for a short time.  reminded me of my hippy college experience in Santa Cruz a bit.  lots of hot, white-skinned girls with tats riding bikes.  good coffee shops.  rolling hills with beautiful craftsman and victorian houses.  checked out Fremont, Elisian and Reubens breweries.   will def be going up there more often to see my friend

only complaint:  in the brief time i was there at the 2 of the parks i was disappointed to see that the skaters weren't keeping things in check (don't remember the names).  1 park i was at all these shit-head kids who weren't even skating were sitting around throwing trash in the bowl, and just hanging around.  at another one all these little kids were playing in the bowls like it was a playground (that one was all Samoan kids for whatever reason).  none of the other skaters even said anything.  that shit would not fly down here i will say that.  maybe it was an off day?

anyway, cheers PAC NW dudes

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2015, 07:22:50 PM »
coming again this weekend for a last minute trip.  is Marginal Way skateable in the rain?

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 183
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2015, 09:59:19 PM »
good shops to check out in seattle? going this saturday until monday.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1065
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2015, 01:10:22 PM »
coming again this weekend for a last minute trip.  is Marginal Way skateable in the rain?
most of the new stuff is skateable in the rain, sometimes the wind will blow rain into the park making one wall wet but the larger portion of the park is skateable while its raining.

to pile: go check out 35th north if your in seattle on capital hill and pick up a copy of this years all city showdown while your in there!

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 183
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2015, 10:05:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
most of the new stuff is skateable in the rain, sometimes the wind will blow rain into the park making one wall wet but the larger portion of the park is skateable while its raining.

to pile: go check out 35th north if your in seattle on capital hill and pick up a copy of this years all city showdown while your in there!

i checked out 35th, it was a really nice shop. lots of good product in there, unfortunately i didn't pick up a copy of the showdown. i saw it in there and thought about it for a sec, but it wasn't until after i had left that i realized that there was probably a ton of good footage in it. i had originally thought it was just all of the stuff that had been on the net already (dummy move).

i stayed on 2nd and cherry, skated those ledges where you gotta thread the needle off the end, cruised around town, and ended up at the space needle park for like 5 hours one day. seattle rules, for sure gonna go back when the weather is better.

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2015, 04:07:17 PM »
heading to seattle tomorrow, is it the kind of place i can cruise and find spots?

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2015, 04:40:12 PM »
Definitely.
Downtown can be kinda crowded but fun stuff everywhere.
Rough ground so expect to be watching your board and where you're rolling.

metsuri

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2015, 03:53:21 AM »
Going to Seattle with the family for a few weeks. We'll be staying in Magnolia. Unfortunately no skating or drinking as this is a family trip.

Plan on checking out 35th North, any other shops worth checking out? How about just shopping for clothing in general, any recommendations? Nike outlets or something like that?

Anything really, open for all ideas. Good food places etc. We have a car, too, so getting around is no problem. 

shark tits

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2015, 04:49:25 AM »
Going to Seattle with the family for a few weeks. We'll be staying in Magnolia. Unfortunately no skating or drinking as this is a family trip.

Plan on checking out 35th North, any other shops worth checking out? How about just shopping for clothing in general, any recommendations? Nike outlets or something like that?

Anything really, open for all ideas. Good food places etc. We have a car, too, so getting around is no problem. 
if you can go shopping you can go skating. your family will be ok w/out you for a few hours. not trying to be a dick but you go to a new city and your idea of how to spend time is 'shopping'? what are you, peg bundy?

metsuri

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2015, 08:39:27 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
if you can go shopping you can go skating. your family will be ok w/out you for a few hours. not trying to be a dick but you go to a new city and your idea of how to spend time is 'shopping'? what are you, peg bundy?

Of course I can go skating if I want to. This time my idea is to spend my time with my family. I have skated for 27 years and will be skating for many more to come. I have skated in loads of great cities around the world, I can do 2 weeks in Seattle without it. Thanks for your input.

felix.

• Rep: -34
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2015, 05:22:55 AM »
When you are a tourist visiting Seattle is it compulsory to purchase a sub pop t-shirt? I've heard that the only way to get out the airport is to buy something from their store there. They must make a fortune on keyring sales.

shark tits

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2015, 12:56:43 PM »
When you are a tourist visiting Seattle is it compulsory to purchase a sub pop t-shirt? I've heard that the only way to get out the airport is to buy something from their store there. They must make a fortune on keyring sales.
nah but once i stole mankind's autobiography from seatac airport and gave it to a friend. i sorta regret that cause yrs later i read some of mankind's fiction and he's a brilliant man.

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2016, 11:53:14 AM »
Im headed to Seattle with my girlfriend on January 28th. We will be staying in downtown.

Some Questions:

Hows the weather for skating at the end of January? Are there covered parks or spots?
What are some cool bars that we should check out? Whats a good shop to visit. Another question I have is public transportation, how's the train??

Any advise helps alot, thanks in advance.

coneklr

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2016, 01:15:32 PM »
Im headed to Seattle with my girlfriend on January 28th. We will be staying in downtown.

Some Questions:

Hows the weather for skating at the end of January? Are there covered parks or spots?
What are some cool bars that we should check out? Whats a good shop to visit. Another question I have is public transportation, how's the train??

Temps look like they will be fine ( well depending on where you're coming from I guess, I'm from the NE so 40's seem warm to me in the winter ) but it will most likely be wet.  If you can skate tranny, you could try Marginal Way but you'd probably have to uber it there.  I'm not sure about much else since I only actually go into Seattle a couple times a month since moving to WA, but someone else will probably chime in.  That's the only place I know if though.  I'd recommend a bar or two but again, I don't go into Seattle a ton and I'm not sure if what I think is cool is your scene.  But there will def, be things for you to do with your woman for sure.  Feel free to pm me if you want and I can try to find more options for you guys.

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2016, 01:21:09 PM »
Expand Quote

Some Questions:

[close]

Temps look like they will be fine ( well depending on where you're coming from I guess, I'm from the NE so 40's seem warm to me in the winter ) but it will most likely be wet.  If you can skate tranny, you could try Marginal Way but you'd probably have to uber it there.  I'm not sure about much else since I only actually go into Seattle a couple times a month since moving to WA, but someone else will probably chime in.  That's the only place I know if though.  I'd recommend a bar or two but again, I don't go into Seattle a ton and I'm not sure if what I think is cool is your scene.  But there will def, be things for you to do with your woman for sure.  Feel free to pm me if you want and I can try to find more options for you guys.

Thanks Yeah, We're coming from the desert so that's pretty dam cold haha..
And tranny is my favorite thing to skate. Wish I was going during the summer so I could park hop. But I'm still deciding on whether or not to even bother bringing my board

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2016, 07:21:26 PM »
I would bring it, marginal is pretty fun and also All Together skatepark is small but good.
It's been dry off and on for a while, today was 55 and sunny. Lots and lots of good parks in the Seattle area.
If you are near Capital Hill check out 35th North on 11th and Pike.
Black Market is really small but has a bunch of rare stuff too.

Get fired up

• Rep: -54
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2016, 09:16:54 AM »
35th rules.   Love that shop. 

Marginal way is super fun and gnarly. There are some fun spots at the university, but they were kind of a bust.
Downtown has lots of spots. 

A good source for parks in the Seattle area and Washington in general is the grindline web site.

http://grindline.com/find-a-park/

They build some of the best parks around in my opinion.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 645
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2016, 06:34:15 AM »
I'm going to be in Seattle for a week, there's a ton of cool looking parks that have been mentioned in here but what about street spots? And what non skate things do you guys recommend checking out?

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2016, 04:24:07 PM »
I'm going to be in Seattle for a week, there's a ton of cool looking parks that have been mentioned in here but what about street spots? And what non skate things do you guys recommend checking out?

I visted there with my girlfriend for the first time not too long ago. Getting touristy is cool. The music Museum, The Space needle, the can can, and all the coffee shops were my favorite things.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2018, 03:26:35 PM »
Does anyone know where this rail is?