Author Topic: Hella Cool????  (Read 7090 times)

stop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 6
Hella Cool????
« on: April 14, 2014, 11:04:08 AM »
so... what is this?  i don't even... like... is James Kelch on some next level ironic art direction shit or?......

whatever. riding a board that says princess power is more gangster than some shit with "fucking awesome" written on it anyway.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 11:36:36 AM by stop »

stop

Re: Hella Cool????
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 11:11:13 AM »
the rabbit smoking from a bong is a social commentary on weed culture that is prevalent among skateboarders.  #bongrip #420 #high #chronic #bud #dank #pot #faded #blunt #weedstagram #smoke #weedsmoke #nug #purp #inhale #hufweedsocks #kush #kushlife #plantlife #weedstagrambayarea #blaze #green #joint

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 11:11:26 AM »
lol the princess power is tight id roll with it sucks the back trucks cover the words

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 11:13:32 AM »
the shape on those is so damn good! Deep AND Spoony!  :o

conqueso

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 11:14:36 AM »
kind of better than anything FA, Bianca chadon, or 3D has shown us

shark tits

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 11:20:04 AM »
having kids changes you. what's you get past the different colored paints boards are all the same underneath man, just giant emory boards. go kelch.

stop

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 11:20:23 AM »
comic sans

because no fucks are given. raw.

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 11:28:05 AM »
this is awesome

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 11:31:30 AM »
that ghost holding a flag one looks pretty rad

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2014, 12:07:24 PM »
hella stupid

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2014, 12:10:03 PM »
having kids changes you. what's you get past the different colored paints boards are all the same underneath man, just giant emory boards. go kelch.
Kelch doesn't have kids, just cats.

stop

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2014, 12:12:58 PM »
other option: james kelch is sitting at home bored and thinks "yo fuck it.  I'm bored. let me make some graphics on ms paint real quick and see how many skate shops I can get to order this shit because I'm mother fuckin james kelch."

G.

shark tits

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2014, 12:19:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Kelch doesn't have kids, just cats.
i thought i read that he was drawing up these comics w/ his daughter and that's where the concept was born. maybe i am that fucked up but i'm not thinking i am.

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2014, 12:25:54 PM »
Nah him and his chick:
You recently started Hela Cool Skateboards. What?s the vision for the brand?
James Kelch: HELLA COOL SKATEBOARD CLUB is a little company I started on my front porch. It?s a cartoon me and my girl Lee Ann were working on. It?s about a princess who skates and has pets who skate. And a plant also. Each character is a version of a modern skater. Hella cat is the maniac rager skater. The princess is the skater who thinks they deserve everything. The bunny is the skater who can ollie but has no tricks. The squirrel is the skater who spins in circles running his mouth and won?t shut up. The potted plant named Potty is the stoned skater who you drop off at the park, and when you come to pick him up, he is sitting in the same place. He has no feet. They all live in a haunted house. I started it in May 2013. The vision is to just maintain and sustain a positive attitude in such a weird high-profile business-owned skateboard world. No pros at the moment. Maybe never. I have no plan. I let the universe decide what happens. I just go with the flow. Since I ain?t trying to get rich?I?m a vagrant?I won?t waste the money living like a movie star. It?s all for the club! And you?re all invited to join #HELLACOOLSKATEBOARDCLUB. And one more thing?the club isn?t about me or my past. It?s about enjoying skateboarding for what it?s worth. And the only thing it?s really worth is your own peace of mind."

from BTO, from Some other web interview
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2014, 12:26:27 PM »
Fuck Ya! Go James!
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2014, 12:29:17 PM »
comic sans

because no fucks are given. raw.

Haha. That is literally a design teacher's nightmare. Comic San is the devil!
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 58
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2014, 12:36:43 PM »
Nah him and his chick:
James Kelch: HELLA COOL SKATEBOARD CLUB is a little company I started on my front porch. It?s a cartoon me and my girl Lee Ann were working on. It?s about a princess who skates and has pets who skate. And a plant also. Each character is a version of a modern skater. Hella cat is the maniac rager skater. The princess is the skater who thinks they deserve everything. The bunny is the skater who can ollie but has no tricks. The squirrel is the skater who spins in circles running his mouth and won?t shut up. The potted plant named Potty is the stoned skater who you drop off at the park, and when you come to pick him up, he is sitting in the same place. He has no feet. They all live in a haunted house. I started it in May 2013. The vision is to just maintain and sustain a positive attitude in such a weird high-profile business-owned skateboard world. No pros at the moment. Maybe never. I have no plan. I let the universe decide what happens. I just go with the flow. Since I ain?t trying to get rich?I?m a vagrant?I won?t waste the money living like a movie star. It?s all for the club! And you?re all invited to join #HELLACOOLSKATEBOARDCLUB. And one more thing?the club isn?t about me or my past. It?s about enjoying skateboarding for what it?s worth. And the only thing it?s really worth is your own peace of mind."

Potty sounds like a cool guy

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2014, 01:46:34 PM »
Also speaking of Kelch whatever happened to the EMB Documentary?

EMB Trailer on Vimeo

https://emb4ever.wordpress.com

Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

Exposure

• Rep: -269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2014, 01:55:07 PM »
absolutely no fucks were given during the creation of this brand
I can ollie 6 decks why would I want to scrape the ground with my tricks

Yu Dum

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2014, 02:29:03 PM »
WAY TO REGURGITATE SHIT THAT'S ALREADY BEEN SAID, FUCCBOI.

HoneNone

• Rep: -18
  • H1N1
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2014, 05:55:41 PM »
why is not it that not giving 2 shits about board graphics is cool to all you guys? This is the worst image Ive seen be for a brand ever. Id rather buy a mini logo and draw a cock and crossbones all over it with sharpie. then write a college bro term across the nose, get the fuck out of here.

mfkream

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2014, 07:59:53 PM »
Also speaking of Kelch whatever happened to the EMB Documentary?

EMB Trailer on Vimeo

https://emb4ever.wordpress.com

Weird that someone stupid enough to put a Biggie song in an EMB doc like that didn't have the wherewithal to finish this project.

Too bad though. Would love to see that.

HIHB

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2014, 09:07:22 PM »
why is not it that not giving 2 shits

???

Rusty Shackleford

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • you know about goretex?
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2014, 09:18:37 PM »

trannies and mannies

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2014, 09:35:11 PM »

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2014, 12:26:09 AM »
Holy crap you can't help yourself can you Exposure? I know exactly what type of kid you are.

ChrisLambe94

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2014, 03:16:56 AM »
James Kelch n Leeann Kiser can do NO wrong , love the shapes n graphics

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2014, 10:18:01 AM »
Yeah imma need that princess power board, BUT first they have to move the fucking text. Come one
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2014, 12:08:08 PM »
Yeah imma need that princess power board, BUT first they have to make an 8 inch version

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2014, 10:19:12 AM »
Nah him and his chick:

I can't talk shit on his approach.