Author Topic: almost famous [pros' family you met]  (Read 18675 times)

David Puddy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
Re: almost famous [pros' family you met]
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2014, 11:41:51 PM »
One of my good friends used to work for Mikey Taylor's dad as a wedding photographer.  One time we both went to the dad's house and he had numerous portraits of a young Mikey Taylor in a hockey uniform.

Schismatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2014, 07:24:07 AM »
Growing up in the SFV (North LA) area there are too many but one of the cooler dudes is Torey Pudwill's dad (Mark if I recall correctly). When Tory was about 7 or 8 for a short time I put him on flow for a little company I was TM for called ShtAss. Always liked chatting it up with Mark at SkateLab and recall saying initially that "he (Torey) will go far, like 'Tony Hawk successful' (something non-skaters can understand) if he sticks with skating." He was just a super cool and mellow dude, not a Nyjah or Sheckler'esque 'skate-dad.'

Went to junior high with Jeron Wilson. One of the nicest kids ever. Borrowed his NES Double Dragon cartridge one time and the school year ended so I kept it all summer.

Used to run into Weston Correa a lot, we both did solo night sessions around Reseda all the time when we were like 15. Also a really nice kid.

There was the little Mexican kid named Paul with a pony-tail down to his ass who was on the grom squad for the shop I rode for. I remember watching his skate a flat at outside the shop and it made me feel like I sucked and realized I had no future in skating. Now he's in Mountain Dew commercials, has a pro shoe for Nike SB, and I think he skates for some little company called Plan B or something. Unfortunately never got to meet his dad, which would've been sick being he starred in classic films like A Million to Juan and Born in East LA.

In rehab I met this guy who thought he was really cool because he claimed his cousin was Tony Tave...
The skate world is a small

Bobbydoof

« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2014, 08:19:59 AM »
Me and a few friends were skating downhill manny in Boston one night and some dude stopped us and started talking about how his cousin was really good at skating. We shot the shit for a few and it turns out his cousin was Malto.

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -454
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2014, 01:11:25 PM »
I ran into dan murphy and abdias rivera at my best friend's house party in raleigh. I told dan I dug his skating and pretended not to know who abdias was

My friend's sister got asked by John Igei what times our high school's security guards were off duty so he could skate.

Ronson lambert noseslid a really long ledge in front of that same school for a DNA ad I think.

My friend's mom went up to big black at a DC demo and told him he belonged on the football field

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2014, 01:42:00 PM »
There was the little Mexican kid named Paul with a pony-tail down to his ass who was on the grom squad for the shop I rode for. I remember watching his skate a flat at outside the shop and it made me feel like I sucked and realized I had no future in skating. Now he's in Mountain Dew commercials, has a pro shoe for Nike SB, and I think he skates for some little company called Plan B or something. Unfortunately never got to meet his dad, which would've been sick being he starred in classic films like A Million to Juan and Born in East LA.
This reminded me. 'That kid Paul' was a camper at the skate camp I worked at. He was a really nice kid, though I've heard conflicting stories from people who were campers with him. His dad dropped Paul off one year and was browbeating Paul's little brother for puking (car sickness) all over the inside of his Escalade.

Corey and Kevin Duffel's mom was the nurse for many years.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2014, 01:50:41 PM »
Growing up in the SFV (North LA) area there are too many but one of the cooler dudes is Torey Pudwill's dad (Mark if I recall correctly). When Tory was about 7 or 8 for a short time I put him on flow for a little company I was TM for called ShtAss. Always liked chatting it up with Mark at SkateLab and recall saying initially that "he (Torey) will go far, like 'Tony Hawk successful' (something non-skaters can understand) if he sticks with skating." He was just a super cool and mellow dude, not a Nyjah or Sheckler'esque 'skate-dad.'

Went to junior high with Jeron Wilson. One of the nicest kids ever. Borrowed his NES Double Dragon cartridge one time and the school year ended so I kept it all summer.

Used to run into Weston Correa a lot, we both did solo night sessions around Reseda all the time when we were like 15. Also a really nice kid.

In rehab I met this guy who thought he was really cool because he claimed his cousin was Tony Tave...
The skate world is a small

what ever happened to ShtAss?
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."