Author Topic: Emerica Leo laced  (Read 3591 times)

The Claw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -9
Emerica Leo laced
« on: April 06, 2014, 11:27:48 PM »
Anyone had the new upgraded version of the laced from Emerica? I've tried to skate a couple pairs of the regular laced but they always get super floppy on me. Came up on some gift cards and I'm ether going to get a pair of the new laced to try and skate or the troubadour lows just to wear around. Opinions???

DeputyDoses

• Rep: 4
  • I look like Mel Gibson
Re: Emerica Leo laced
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 11:47:37 PM »
I got around to trying on a pair at Escapist the other day.
Emerica (seems to have) fixed the problem of the back of the collar being incredibly uncomfortable.
Also, the soles are much more flexible out of the box than the traditional laced.
With that said, the new Laced are actually lower cut than the original, so there's less protection against ankle rolls.

All around, the new Laced seems to be a better constructed shoe for skateboarding than the original. But because they are very low cut, I can't say that I would recommend them for everyone.

Dead Art Collective

• Rep: -6
    • Dead Artist Collective avatar image
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 02:57:37 PM »
All the Emericas new shoes that are out not are really good from they Reynolds, Westgates and the new Laced. They are stepping their game up forsure. I am curious to see if the laced are going to last longer than the old versions since both my Reynolds and Westgates lasted me forever.
Wasting my life writing a blog for no one about everything
www.deadartistcollective.com

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 03:06:51 PM »
Emerica (seems to have) fixed the problem of the back of the collar being incredibly uncomfortable.
Also, the soles are much more flexible out of the box than the traditional laced.
With that said, the new Laced are actually lower cut than the original, so there's less protection against ankle rolls.

All around, the new Laced seems to be a better constructed shoe for skateboarding than the original. But because they are very low cut, I can't say that I would recommend them for everyone.
There already isn't any protection against ankle rolls :/ How much lower would you say they are? Marginal or a big difference?

DeputyDoses

• Rep: 4
  • I look like Mel Gibson
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 04:22:52 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
There already isn't any protection against ankle rolls :/ How much lower would you say they are? Marginal or a big difference?
That is very true. I've had two pairs of the laced over the past three years. It was a enough of a difference for me to notice. Relatively in between. It's not an incredible height change that completely changes the dynamic of the shoe, but visibly, it is noticeable.

I may get a pair over the summer to skate in.

ohlindablair

• Rep: 2
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 04:51:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
That is very true. I've had two pairs of the laced over the past three years. It was a enough of a difference for me to notice. Relatively in between. It's not an incredible height change that completely changes the dynamic of the shoe, but visibly, it is noticeable.

I may get a pair over the summer to skate in.

i've been skating the new romero laced for about a month and i love them. the heel collar and new sole are amazing. the elastic around the tongue holds your foot even better than the original. i've been skating them without laces and the only time i was worried was skating a bowl, but after a few runs i barely even noticed. they're great shoes and i will definitely be buying more.

The Claw

• Rep: -9
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 11:23:20 PM »
or do i get huf sutters?

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2014, 12:18:09 AM »

i've been skating the new romero laced for about a month and i love them. the heel collar and new sole are amazing. the elastic around the tongue holds your foot even better than the original. i've been skating them without laces and the only time i was worried was skating a bowl, but after a few runs i barely even noticed. they're great shoes and i will definitely be buying more.

what the fuck does that even mean

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 08:52:05 AM »
or do i get huf sutters?
Haven't skated the Sutter, but definitely Laced>Sutter. Even old Laced>Sutter. Unless you don't like cupsoles.

ohlindablair

• Rep: 2
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2014, 09:12:15 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

sorry. posting while half asleep didn't work out. what i meant was i was worried about rolling my ankle because of the low cut, but it wasn't noticeable

Carter

• Rep: -1
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2014, 08:27:57 PM »
get the laced for sure I've had both and these new laced are pretty bitching. I've been skating them with a bummed ankle as well and i love them. suuuuper flexy super light

krookedjuice

• Rep: 30
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2014, 09:57:19 PM »
I've been skating mine for about a week (of solid skating) and I love them, they really hug your foot and just feel amazing. Very comfortable and they hold up very well for how thin they are. Emerica killed it with these.

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2014, 07:00:09 AM »
Sheeeeeeiiiiiiiittt it sounds like I really have to get these. It's kind of funny because I very reluctantly started skating the Laced after having them for about a year and now I love them.

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -376
  • ants suck!
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2014, 02:25:58 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

you stupid or what ?  its pretty obvious what he meant fool, have you ever rollled in to anything ?  or do you just drop in ?
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2014, 01:34:28 PM »
i could try these on and they were much more comfortable than the old laced. cushier insole, softer outsole, a little bit more padding in the right places and although it's still kind of a thinner shoe, i felt like my feet were properly protected.

Violator

• Rep: 73
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2014, 01:49:46 PM »
They look like they would skate great.   Keeping my fingers crossed for a white/gum color in the near future ;D

skate

• Rep: -16
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2014, 09:33:39 AM »
Expand Quote
or do i get huf sutters?
[close]
Haven't skated the Sutter, but definitely Laced>Sutter. Even old Laced>Sutter. Unless you don't like cupsoles.

I've never skated the Laced, but Huf Sutters aren't durable at all. The grip wears down quick and the thin suede blows out within a few sessions

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2014, 02:35:51 PM »
I got the navy ones. Unfortunately the heel gave me a blister on my right achilles at first, so it looks like there is still that problem for some.

After a few sessions, the right one stretched out a bit and stopped rubbing so bad.

Seems like it might be a slight mfg defect. See how the right one is slightly more angled in?

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2014, 10:19:23 AM »
wearing them right now, and goddamn, this might be my go-to model for the next half year.

emerica, if you wanna get this on weartested.com, contact me. would love to.

Dr Steve Brule

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2014, 10:25:49 AM »
Does Emerica's sole tread still only last about 2 weeks?  Because my last few pairs did that and I don't wanna bother with these Laced if its the same
For Your Health

captainfalcon69

• Rep: 15
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2014, 11:04:36 AM »
Does Emerica's sole tread still only last about 2 weeks?  Because my last few pairs did that and I don't wanna bother with these Laced if its the same

no, the new g6 sole or whatever lasts WAY longer. The soles that last a week are the herringbone treads on the old emerica shoes

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2014, 12:03:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

no, the new g6 sole or whatever lasts WAY longer. The soles that last a week are the herringbone treads on the old emerica shoes

yep, its pretty much a slimmed down reynolds-sole. which is very close to perfect.

galaxies

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2014, 04:14:34 PM »
Is the heel actually raised? Also are they true to size?

I'm looking for something like the Huf Sutter, but something that is actually durable. I would go to my local shop, but they haven't carried Emerica in years.

True to size: You probably want to go down a little bit. I just picked up these shoes after reading this thread, and even though i am happy with them, i should've gotten a 10.5 or 10 instead of an 11. I wear alot of Emerica shoes & felt pretty confident an 11 would fit, since 11 for their other shoes was perfect. However, they're way too loose without laces in this size, going down would've made them perfectly snug for lace-free riding. Putting laces on them makes it fine but i guess defeats the whole point. Oh well :)

Heel being raised: There might be some slight raising i suppose, but from front to back they feel very flat, and the insole definitely doesn't have anything special on the heel, its just the same foam from toe to heel.

Durable: They are suprisingly durable considering they don't look like they would be at all.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 04:16:19 PM by galaxies »

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2014, 08:26:50 AM »
Is the heel actually raised? Also are they true to size?

I'm looking for something like the Huf Sutter, but something that is actually durable. I would go to my local shop, but they haven't carried Emerica in years.

The heel is not raised, if it is, I can't feel it due to the ortholite.