Author Topic: Richie Jackson and Mike Sinclair drama  (Read 64613 times)

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Richie Jackson and Mike Sinclair drama
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2014, 07:48:30 AM »
I wonder what Larry Perkins thinks about all this?

Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2014, 07:54:14 AM »
Sierra should be on threat.

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2014, 08:01:49 AM »
Why would richey jarckson follow tim yeti instagarm if he thinks they're crooks who spat on people that are in a  double crossing fat gang? Kinda drama queenish.

Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

mbcls

• Rep: -3
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2014, 08:46:16 AM »
its really shitty how murphy was treated.

shark tits

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2014, 08:52:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

my only qualm with this whole thing is who is the fucking guy in the far left in this pic???? does he own a brand of some sort or something? i somehow manage to see his stupid fucking head on youtube more than id care to
yeah, that's andy schrock or something like that. he owns revive and does show up in recommended videos way too much for my tastes as well. i like black ninja but otherwise those youtube skaters are a drag.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3271
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2014, 09:00:03 AM »
I think it's no secret that this guy thinks Richie Jackson is the best. The best? The best. ooooweeee!

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2014, 09:00:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Not renewing contracts with skateboarders who are not relevant anymore and who don't help you sell the product you are endorsing them to sell is not "fucking someone over" it's called "good business practices". Being a pro skateboarder is a job kids, if you aren't cutting it at your job you get fired, especially these days when companies are hurting and new kids are coming up. Sinclair cut his own homie Dan Murphy who in my opinion should've never been put on Foundation in the first place as he never helped the brand, so I doubt it was anything personal. Business is business, if you don't like it skate for fun and don't expect anything out of it and you'll be fine. Foundation had it's time back in the 'Art Bars' days and Sinclair wouldn't be doing his job if he wasnt constantly trying to get it back to where it once was, I'm not even saying that's possible but he's obviously trying...

Richie is sticking up for his boy, nothing wrong with that either I would probably do the same in his position. However he's lying to himself if he thinks Sierra was doing anything to help Foundation anymore by being a paid professional skateboarder. Truth hurts sometimes, I wish all parties the best. I hope Sierra still enjoys skateboarding and perhaps finds a new sponsor that better suits him and I hope Foundation can one day get back to where it once was, let me tell you they've got a lot more to do than cutting Sierra and Murphy though...
[close]

All of this makes complete sense: BUT: Sinclair posted that photo in an effort to attack these dudes personally, not explain his business endeavors. If you're going to kick people off to better the company, so be it, but this was a passive aggressive way to give a public 'fuck you' to dudes he had on the team.

And you're basing this assumption off what? He hashtagged #collectorsitem insinuating that these dudes boards were in some way collectable...I don't think he was trying to make a jab at them, perhaps it could be perceived that way but that's not how I saw it. It's not like he hashtagged #losers #fired #washedup#expros #lastroyaltycheckcomingsoon #timefora9to5 or anything like that...if he did you'd have a case. Sinclair hooked his boy Dan up by getting him on and turning him pro in the first place knowing full well that he didnt fit and wouldn't last, he kept it real for sure. Sinclair is always joking and posting on Instagram I really don't think his intent was to be malicious.

Tum Yeto

• Rep: 16
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2014, 09:07:29 AM »
Good Morning SLAP PALS! I know most of you want both sides of the story.. Dan Murphy is / was my great friend. I was the first person to sponsor him and recently I was the last. I helped Dan out as much as I possibly could and paid him longer than any of his other sponsors. When he was kicked off Mystery a few years back, I picked him up gave him a board on Foundation as fast as I possibly could to help him keep him going. Some people liked this move and some hated it. Does Dan Murphy fit Foundation? Nah.. but I backed him and his skating. Everyone that was on the team liked Murphy and he was always fun to be around. When I signed him up I sat him down and explained to him that this would probably only last a couple of years so I wanted to prepare him for life after skating... Dan was in his early 30's then. I made him the best bro deal I could possibly make him for being at a small brand like Foundation. I will pay you and you can live in NC but all I need from you is to provide me with proper footage and get coverage in all the mags. In the meantime you can go back to College (he already has a degree) or start a business of you own to help prepare you for the next chapter in life after skating. Dan filmed a bit had a part in WTF which was rad in my opinion. Dan was plagued with injury after injury which happens... some from skating some from partying...Dan still parties like he is still in college and I still see this as his down fall. I always told Dan even in his Mystery days to "Go back to Flow" The meaning of that is when Dan was on flow he was on fire, he fucking killed it everyday went out but Dan lives 1 block away from his old College campus. Dan loves to party. In the end Dan was not producing as much or well as the other riders, he was only producing on a local level and the local shops could not sell enough or any Dan Murphy boards for us to keep paying him. Does Dan Murphy still have fans... For sure, I'm still a fan. Years have gone by and Dan has had little to no coverage or no supporting sponsors to help him travel or get coverage. Dan's last effort was in "Film & Destory" a local North Carolina video that is rad but is also a board company (Post 22). Dan does not ride for Post 22 or Foundation. Dan recently went over my head and discussed with Swank about how much he has been working lately and that he feels insulted that we could only promote him on a local level. If Dan Murphy was still killing it and his boards were selling I would be giving my bro a high 5! My last words to Dan were.. Get a job you fucking loser. Is that harsh? Yes for sure.. Wishing nothing but the best for Dan and his future. He knows this...

Next up Sierra.. 

shark tits

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2014, 09:16:46 AM »
Good Morning SLAP PALS! I know most of you want both sides of the story.. Dan Murphy is / was my great friend. I was the first person to sponsor him and recently I was the last. I helped Dan out as much as I possibly could and paid him longer than any of his other sponsors. When he was kicked off Mystery a few years back, I picked him up gave him a board on Foundation as fast as I possibly could to help him keep him going. Some people liked this move and some hated it. Does Dan Murphy fit Foundation? Nah.. but I backed him and his skating. Everyone that was on the team liked Murphy and he was always fun to be around. When I signed him up I sat him down and explained to him that this would probably only last a couple of years so I wanted to prepare him for life after skating... Dan was in his early 30's then. I made him the best bro deal I could possibly make him for being at a small brand like Foundation. I will pay you and you can live in NC but all I need from you is to provide me with proper footage and get coverage in all the mags. In the meantime you can go back to College (he already has a degree) or start a business of you own to help prepare you for the next chapter in life after skating. Dan filmed a bit had a part in WTF which was rad in my opinion. Dan was plagued with injury after injury which happens... some from skating some from partying...Dan still parties like he is still in college and I still see this as his down fall. I always told Dan even in his Mystery days to "Go back to Flow" The meaning of that is when Dan was on flow he was on fire, he fucking killed it everyday went out but Dan lives 1 block away from his old College campus. Dan loves to party. In the end Dan was not producing as much or well as the other riders, he was only producing on a local level and the local shops could not sell enough or any Dan Murphy boards for us to keep paying him. Does Dan Murphy still have fans... For sure, I'm still a fan. Years have gone by and Dan has had little to no coverage or no supporting sponsors to help him travel or get coverage. Dan's last effort was in "Film & Destory" a local North Carolina video that is rad but is also a board company (Post 22). Dan does not ride for Post 22 or Foundation. Dan recently went over my head and discussed with Swank about how much he has been working lately and that he feels insulted that we could only promote him on a local level. If Dan Murphy was still killing it and his boards were selling I would be giving my bro a high 5! My last words to Dan were.. Get a job you fucking loser. Is that harsh? Yes for sure.. Wishing nothing but the best for Dan and his future. He knows this...

Next up Sierra.. 
maybe he was partying like he was still in college because he was still in college? can you post under your alter ego LP?

Leyzee Emcea

• Rep: -8
  • Achilles Tendonion Rings Jr

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3271
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2014, 09:25:31 AM »

Next up Sierra..�

My first name is Daniel and I'm not sponsored. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2014, 09:29:55 AM »
wow.  i like the fact that Sinclair (and Jamie and others) come here and explain themselves and the moves they make (even though they clearly don't have to).  BUT, it also exposes us all to how much of a "business" the industry really is. 

"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

AnotherHardDayAtTheOffice

• Rep: -8
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2014, 09:33:29 AM »
Expand Quote

Next up Sierra..�
[close]
maybe he was partying like he was still in college because he was still in college? can you post under your alter ego LP?

Does that change anything? Sinclair claims the reason for his lack of footage has been his constant partying. College or not. It's not like you're forced to party while enrolled in college.

Isn't this the same old story? A company kicks riders off because their product doesn't sell. Skate companies are businesses. Businesses have to make cuts from time to time.

That Jackson dude is acting like Dan Murphy has built Foundation. I see it the same way as Sinclair. Foundation helped Murphy more than the other way round. The company helped him to stay afloat for a bit more, but he didn't sell much product in return. That being said, Murphy is an awesome skater. He's a bit past his prime, but he's released a much celebrated part with Bachinsky on the Thrasher site only a couple of months ago. Isn't that "killing it" and "releasing footage"? I don't see many other Foundation riders who have released parts in this period (at least none that I remember).

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2014, 09:35:48 AM »
All of this makes complete sense: BUT: Sinclair posted that photo in an effort to attack these dudes personally, not explain his business endeavors. If you're going to kick people off to better the company, so be it, but this was a passive aggressive way to give a public 'fuck you' to dudes he had on the team.
I didn't know whether or not to agree with this sentiment until I read
TUM YETO- "the last thing I said to Dan Murphy was "" get a job loser"."

That kinda puts this in a different perspective

There's my two cents

Sincerely,

<--  Guy on the internet.

I think it's no secret that this guy thinks Richie Jackson is the best. The best? The best. ooooweeee!
Thank you for quoting de LA soul

ableSkateMag.com

shark tits

« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2014, 09:38:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Next up Sierra..�
[close]
[close]

Does that change anything? Sinclair claims the reason for his lack of footage has been his constant partying. College or not. It's not like you're forced to party while enrolled in college.

Isn't this the same old story? A company kicks riders off because their product doesn't sell. Skate companies are businesses. Businesses have to make cuts from time to time.

That Jackson dude is acting like Dan Murphy has built Foundation. I see it the same way as Sinclair. Foundation helped Murphy more than the other way round. The company helped him to stay afloat for a bit more, but he didn't sell much product in return. That being said, Murphy is an awesome skater. He's a bit past his prime, but he's released a much celebrated part with Bachinsky on the Thrasher site only a couple of months ago. Isn't that "killing it" and "releasing footage"? I don't see many other Foundation riders who have released parts in this period (at least none that I remember).
maybe. if he were in a frat then he would in fact be forced to drink and do the date rape. i just thought it was funny, not funny haha but funny like 'the aryan brotherhood was started by jews' sort of way. ya can't tell someone to stop cursing like a sailor if they in fact sail.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2014, 09:45:09 AM »

I feel like one day people will get this. Skating is not the same as it used to be. Getting friends on companies are hardly locked careers anymore. Look at Daniel and other bro flows that have all been getting cut. If I had a business, and paid a rider monthly and in return only wanted footage and never got it, I'd probably have to kick them off as well.

What sucks is I always liked Murphy. His Mystery parts and even his Nike one. He wasn't tech as shit but he went for it.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2014, 09:55:12 AM »
Last words were pretty harsh.

shark tits

« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2014, 10:00:37 AM »
i'm sure it was said w/ love. he said they were pals from NC.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2014, 10:02:57 AM »

Sometimes you have to tell your friends harsh shit. Like HEY JASON QUIT GETTING SO MANY GIRLS PREGNANT

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2014, 10:07:28 AM »
most of the above is legit, but foundation crossed the ethical business line when they forced an underage salazar to film a part against doctor's orders --> only to end up dropping him anyway.

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2014, 10:09:28 AM »
I imagine it's hard to keep a guy on the team when he doesn't really skate with the rest of your team.

I'm curious if Abdias was cut from the team too for similar reasons.

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -371
  • ants suck!
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2014, 10:17:21 AM »

Next up Sierra.. 
lose some weight  fucking dick, i hope you dont do that shit to mexicans cause you'll get it mijo.
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

Fastfreddy

« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2014, 10:19:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I live in VA, where word about NC skaters spread quickly our way. These words were NOT said w/love. Also, TMKF, I knew this before I commented, leading me to make my statement about the passive aggressivity.

Early Hokus Pokus

• Rep: -59
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2014, 10:25:50 AM »
I give no shit's about Sinclair, Beagle, or anyone at Tum Yeto that isn't named Ed.  

shark tits

« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2014, 10:27:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I live in VA, where word about NC skaters spread quickly our way. These words were NOT said w/love. Also, TMKF, I knew this before I commented, leading me to make my statement about the passive aggressivity.
and you don't think it's possible that w/ every 2nd hand retelling that it grew into something bigger than it was? you should hear the nutty rumors about skaters around here, 'dude nodded out, woke up and cabbed an 8 stair' or 'dude was in a manual, looked over at us, shrugged and said 'fuck it' then kickflipped out' 'mike graham decided everyone is wearing a mask so he shaved his eyebrows' and so on. maybe you're right but i tend to think gossip girls be embellishing.

Exposure

• Rep: -269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2014, 10:28:12 AM »
I'm interested to hear what happened with Sierra. Was it just lack of footage?
I can ollie 6 decks why would I want to scrape the ground with my tricks

Mr. Fink

« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2014, 10:29:45 AM »
I'm confused. The one time I met Mike he told me "Quit school. School is nothing but a waste of time. Party every day like you're in college and skate when you get a chance. Forget life after skating because there is no life after skating."

Maybe that wasn't Mike.

Fastfreddy

« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2014, 10:30:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
and you don't think it's possible that w/ every 2nd hand retelling that it grew into something bigger than it was? you should hear the nutty rumors about skaters around here, 'dude nodded out, woke up and cabbed an 8 stair' or 'dude was in a manual, looked over at us, shrugged and said 'fuck it' then kickflipped out' 'mike graham decided everyone is wearing a mask so he shaved his eyebrows' and so on. maybe you're right but i tend to think gossip girls be embellishing.

Thankfully it usually one 2nd hand re-telling.

Tum Yeto

• Rep: 16
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2014, 10:38:50 AM »
Sierra Fellers.... I had to let Sierra go. Why? Bottom line is that Sierra was not selling any product for Foundation. I'm not in sales but I do get a budget to work with that comes from sales. Does Tum Yeto dislike Sierra? No we put him on the team and gave him a shot after Mystery kicked him off. This worked for Sierra and Foundation for many years.. The last 3-4 have been rough with Sierra sales but we carried him as long as we possibly could. Sierra is also upset that we can only offer to promote him if the demand is there. If any shop or distro that really wants a certain number of Sierra boards we told him we would print them up and pay him on those sold... Once again Sierra was bummed. We are bummed. We don't want to see a guy we have put years of marketing into die off.. People lose interest, the riders slow down with age... Pro skateboarding does not last forever. Some have longer careers than others. We have shown the love back this entire time for Sierra. Richie Jackson is his bro. Richie and I have never met but what he sent over last night was him sticking up for his bro which I back but Richie does not know me or my position or side of the story. Nothing but the best for Sierra Fellers, He's a super talented skateboarder....

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -360
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2014, 10:52:49 AM »
"I HOPE YOU BURN IN HELL YOU PIECE OF SHIT!"

...said with love
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 11:14:44 AM by Kanye Omari West »