Author Topic: Richie Jackson and Mike Sinclair drama  (Read 64657 times)

Fongstarr.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Richie Jackson and Mike Sinclair drama
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2014, 10:54:37 AM »
And this is why I am not mad at skaters being sponsored by some crazy corporate company. Sierra rode for core companies and by the end of it, he got kicked off all of them and hardly got paid a high salary. I just hope he has some money saved. His second part of life will be interesting if he doesn't have some sort of a back up.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

shred420

• Rep: -25
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2014, 11:09:59 AM »
Sierra Fellers.... I had to let Sierra go. Why? Bottom line is that Sierra was not selling any product for Foundation. I'm not in sales but I do get a budget to work with that comes from sales. Does Tum Yeto dislike Sierra? No we put him on the team and gave him a shot after Mystery kicked him off. This worked for Sierra and Foundation for many years.. The last 3-4 have been rough with Sierra sales but we carried him as long as we possibly could. Sierra is also upset that we can only offer to promote him if the demand is there. If any shop or distro that really wants a certain number of Sierra boards we told him we would print them up and pay him on those sold... Once again Sierra was bummed. We are bummed. We don't want to see a guy we have put years of marketing into die off.. People lose interest, the riders slow down with age... Pro skateboarding does not last forever. Some have longer careers than others. We have shown the love back this entire time for Sierra. Richie Jackson is his bro. Richie and I have never met but what he sent over last night was him sticking up for his bro which I back but Richie does not know me or my position or side of the story. Nothing but the best for Sierra Fellers, He's a super talented skateboarder....

My only question is do you think that Sierra's lack of selling product came from kids not being interested in him any more, or that you guys at tumyeto stopped giving him the same marketing as you were and his lack of sales resulted in that? I could see how people might feel like you guys fuck people over if you guys just put all your marketing into the new kids you have now instead of continuing to push for Sierra while promoting this kids.
Because it seems to me that it would be easy for a company to just stop promoting their rider that they don't want and then use the lack of sales from the lack of promotion to give them the boot.

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2014, 11:21:04 AM »
and Abdias???  no coverage either huh? 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

Early Hokus Pokus

• Rep: -59
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2014, 11:31:47 AM »

Sorry but Abdias is never going pro. Taylor Smith will be pro first than him.

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2014, 11:51:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

no apologies, i was just throwing it out there, as Abdias is off the team too, but he definitely got coverage and tried to keep himself visible, so I just want to know what the reason was with him. 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2014, 11:52:59 AM »
Those are pretty obvious and reasonable responses to why they are no longer on the team, I get it, it didn't need to be said.  I've only seen one foundation out in the wild in 2-3 years and it certainly wasn't a Fellars.  Too bad, like him but I'm not seeking out his board either.

How about an explanation for the dickheaded instagram post, and why there are fucking skateboards in an ace hardware?  If you'd like to state again that you are not in sales, and not responsible for board placement in stores that is fine.

I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

Early Hokus Pokus

• Rep: -59
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2014, 12:10:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

no apologies, i was just throwing it out there, as Abdias is off the team too, but he definitely got coverage and tried to keep himself visible, so I just want to know what the reason was with him. 

Didn't know he was off. His Cataclysmic Abyss part was a favorite of mine. Hope he finds a new board sponsor.

AssBandit

• Rep: 60
  • trip ouuuuttt brooooo...
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2014, 12:11:05 PM »
wow, real shit 101.  pro skaters take note.  do your job so you can keep getting paid.  gone are the days being known off of a 4yo part.  it's like you have to create an image and brand around yourself to be relevant these days.  no more being the introspective skater that you had to chase to get coverage.  as much as i hate nyjah and his cheese crackers, he's out there whoring himself so he can keep getting paid(not justifying it at all btw).  it's like the 1% economy in skating now. 

never liked how tumyeto 'seemingly' runs their business, but sinclair is correct in this instance.  he's been known for being a harsh dude, but i doubt he's been unfair.  if those guys really want it, there's always gonna be a way to stick around in the greater scheme of skateboarding.  good to hear both sides of the story in this inflammatory internet age.  

also, it' been a min since i've bought anything tum yeto related, so sorry fellers and murphy for not supporting you guys. 

I always get a chuckle outta this vid tho. 

Sierra Fellers
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 06:36:48 PM by AssBandit »

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2014, 12:23:31 PM »
People buy servold and Merlino boards over sierra? That boggles my mind. Sierra is a great skater and I can definitely see little kids being into him because he's tech. Doesn't he also skate every contest he can and do pretty we'll?

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2014, 12:29:41 PM »
Sierra Fellers.... I had to let Sierra go. Why? Bottom line is that Sierra was not selling any product for Foundation.

Does anybody sell product for Foundation

shark tits

« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2014, 12:43:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Sierra Fellers.... I had to let Sierra go. Why? Bottom line is that Sierra was not selling any product for Foundation.
[close]

out they trunk. i have no idea but foundation was the best thing going for a little while in the 90s. josh beagle and heath, berra before he got into scientifical madness, frank hirata before he took his wife's name, ronnie creager, wild wil taylor before he went to the penitentiary for being too wild and steve olson, he of the thick lenses and 180 nosegrind shove its down hubba hideout. those were the days!
ethan fowler era was good too but not as good.

Ollie Ringwald

• Rep: -3
« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2014, 12:43:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, surely Sinclair will have to kick himself off then rub it in by taking the piss out of himself on Instagram next.

jexe

« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2014, 12:46:14 PM »
its only sinclair being sinclair and doing his job his way harsh but fair...on the flip side, no wonder foundation struggle to shift boards, the graphics are weak as fuck.

ALABAMAMAN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -196
« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2014, 12:48:47 PM »
just put out a Sinclair board already....id buy it. 

Ollie Ringwald

• Rep: -3
« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2014, 12:49:59 PM »
its only sinclair being sinclair and doing his job

But other than packing boxes and posting stuff isn't the team managers job to get the team to produce what they need to?

He's obviously shit at his job.

UL8

• Rep: 29
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2014, 01:03:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

But other than packing boxes and posting stuff isn't the team managers job to get the team to produce what they need to?

In the past few years Sinclair has done a hell of a job bringing new talent to Foundation. I'm not trying to hate, but sierra fellers doesn't look as good on a skateboard as any of the other dudes who ride for Foundation. When I think of Foundation these days I think of Taylor Smith, Ryan Spencer (I think that's his name) and Dakota Servhold. Those are the guys making the brand relevant.

SHARPSHOOTER

« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2014, 01:11:01 PM »
Just the fact they sell Foundation boards at an Ace Hardware store just shows how their business is ran.

jexe

« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2014, 01:11:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

not really, producing quality coverage is pretty much what seperates someone who skates for a career, and your local hero.  

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2014, 01:12:36 PM »

Radgasm

• Rep: -6
  • Slap Stock FTW
« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2014, 01:41:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

not really, producing quality coverage is pretty much what seperates someone who skates for a career, and your local hero.  

Murhpy and Sierra's latest footy was a bummer. None of this is surprising to me.

Thanks for the info Sinclair, and Richie, don't use the F word plz... Some of us aren't in high school anymore. Thx.

Wall of Nausea

• Rep: -60
« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2014, 01:45:43 PM »
Toy Machine is the only thing that keeps Tum Yeto's weak ass afloat. Foundation no longer matters, Pig is fucking stupid, and Dekline shoes/Ruckus trucks? Yeah I'm sure they're killing it in sales.

It's amazing that they give Ed semi if not majority stake in his company, while they act like complete fuckwits with their other brands. When is the last time any of you actually bought a Tum Yeto product that wasn't a Toy Machine... Me either. I bought Foundation shit in the 90's and early 2000's, but that really doesn't matter to their current excel spreadsheet. Todd Swank has always been a gigantic fucktard anyway. Another reason I stopped buying from them once the ego swelled to douche proportions.

It's time for all these major brands in what was once our little community to take a hit, they've all gone Starbucks on people's asses. There is zilch need for monoliths in this childish wood plank game. So I only buy small brands and companies shit I RESPECT. Tum Yeto is not small regardless of that whole bull they throw. Nothing is legitimate these days. BUY BUY BUY!

and all you sucking off the skateboard equivalent to a high school football coach (Team Managers, Sinclair) you dumb dumb's need a mental check as to why you're in the skateboard game to begin with. Since when have all these slap business major cats showed up on the scene? We get it, we get older and understand how the world works, but skateboarding is a youth culture activity that passes in time. It's not to be dissected. Shit people clambering to make a buck in this futile thing always will, but it's your discretion to permit them your dollar. Don't if you feel that way.

Go spend real money on real quality, not quantity.

Droopy McGrass

« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2014, 02:32:31 PM »
This was addressed in the other Mike Sinclair thread where he gave some bullshit answer to kicking Ben Gore off Dekline that sounded like the same kind of shit you'd hear from the corporate dude promoting X-games or some shit.
Absolutely. Sinclair is obviously a charismatic and affable guy, he's got the LP thing, he can skate, etc, but he gets away with certain practices here and there that are lacking in integrity. Also, all of his replies here are thorough but heavily flavored with nice doses of self-aggrandizement.  As you said, thanks Mike for at least making your thought process and actions fairly transparent if anyone wants to take the time to actually listen to your process. All of that said, this Dan Murphy thing seems completely reasonable.

EasyOnTheWaxBro

• Rep: -6
« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2014, 02:42:33 PM »
why dont more "pros" take marketing into their own hands?..

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2014, 03:04:26 PM »
why dont more "pros" take marketing into their own hands?..

That is what I am saying. They can find some photographers that would shoot for cheap. Hell, even I would shoot some photos for free just for the practice. If the photo, footage or whatever was rad, I am sure their companies would put it up.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

tony volume

• Rep: -13
« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2014, 03:12:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Last words were pretty harsh.
[close]
i'm sure it was said w/ love. he said they were pals from NC.
[close]

I live in VA, where word about NC skaters spread quickly our way. These words were NOT said w/love. Also, TMKF, I knew this before I commented, leading me to make my statement about the passive aggressivity.
I Was stationed in Norfolk, and I can back you up on this.
I used to kick it at cardinal when I was in port, and you get people from NC in there all the time.

Fastfreddy

« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2014, 03:17:28 PM »
Expand Quote
This was addressed in the other Mike Sinclair thread where he gave some bullshit answer to kicking Ben Gore off Dekline that sounded like the same kind of shit you'd hear from the corporate dude promoting X-games or some shit.
[close]
Absolutely. Sinclair is obviously a charismatic and affable guy, he's got the LP thing, he can skate, etc, but he gets away with certain practices here and there that are lacking in integrity. Also, all of his replies here are thorough but heavily flavored with nice doses of self-aggrandizement.  As you said, thanks Mike for at least making your thought process and actions fairly transparent if anyone wants to take the time to actually listen to your process. All of that said, this Dan Murphy thing seems completely reasonable.

Firing him may, but bashing him on the internet? I don't know man. Seems weird to me to do that.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2014, 03:20:01 PM »
Pig makes good rails, that's the only product of theirs I skate. Have not had a Tum Yeto board in years, they where ahead of their time with Deathbox, should have kept that going, it was a rad concept.

Joe Davola

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2014, 03:23:13 PM »
Foundation needs better art direction and Toy needs to make better shapes.

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -375
  • ants suck!
« Reply #88 on: April 23, 2014, 03:24:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
In the past few years Sinclair has done a hell of a job bringing new talent to Foundation. I'm not trying to hate, but sierra fellers doesn't look as good on a skateboard as any of the other dudes who ride for Foundation. When I think of Foundation these days I think of Taylor Smith, Ryan Spencer (I think that's his name) and Dakota Servhold. Those are the guys making the brand relevant.
nah dude, the kids bring in the talent, he just watches.
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

Pango

• Rep: -30
« Reply #89 on: April 23, 2014, 03:29:49 PM »
Honestly internet fights are pretty lame.  I doubt Richie Jackson would honestly fight anyone in Tum Yeto in real life.  Hes way too full of himself, look at his t-shirts he sells....

As for Mike Sinclair and Tum Yeto, they are the best and actually connected with the skating community.  I had an email interview with Ed when I was back in high school while I was doing a project on being a vegetarian/vegan athlete and I emailed Mike which he just instinctively asked Ed to be in it.  Thanks Tum Yeto and yes I am a Loyal Pawn

Thanks Mike and Tum Yeto, most of know its a business and hard decisions have to happen, but Tum Yeto keeps it real as well compared to the other skateboard distributions 
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 03:32:52 PM by Pango »