Author Topic: Richie Jackson and Mike Sinclair drama  (Read 64655 times)

beazlocal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -28
Re: Richie Jackson and Mike Sinclair drama
« Reply #120 on: April 24, 2014, 05:18:37 AM »
I'm pretty surprised at how many people fail to realize that our beloved hobby is a fucking business, involving people with jobs, that need to do their jobs. Pretty simple, business is business, skateboarding is no different.

Want to have a "homie" company, fund it and see how long you'll last until you're standing in the soup kitchen line.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #121 on: April 24, 2014, 05:21:12 AM »
Id rather rep ace hardware than diamond hardware
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65505
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #122 on: April 24, 2014, 05:47:12 AM »
In the grand scheme of things it is Ricky Jackson and Foundation, who cares?

If it was the ruler?

Worth a thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZxgOYz5x8g
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

REGS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #123 on: April 24, 2014, 05:55:57 AM »
time to re-build, here's some free agent names........creager, kirchart, ethan, beagle, berra, olson, mulder

Beagle and Berra on Foundation confirmed

sprayTAN101

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • thats a sweet tan bro.
« Reply #124 on: April 24, 2014, 06:26:12 AM »
"I felt this deserved it's on post". Woa! Genius in the house!

"lifestyle scorpion dude..."

eelbermston

• Rep: 8
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #125 on: April 24, 2014, 06:49:07 AM »
Murphy and Fellars are great skaters and deserved everything they got out of their careers. Sad to say they are not legends nor do they appeal to a niche market (ie leo valles,) and just like in other professional "sports" ( i use that term loosely) you get a solid ten year run and then its time to move on with your life.

With that said at the end of careers such as hosoi and grosso no one really paid them any mind.. some jail time and a little rehab later they are back and everyone loves them.. who knows what the future holds.

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #126 on: April 24, 2014, 07:45:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Sierra Fellers.... I had to let Sierra go. Why? Bottom line is that Sierra was not selling any product for Foundation. I'm not in sales but I do get a budget to work with that comes from sales. Does Tum Yeto dislike Sierra? No we put him on the team and gave him a shot after Mystery kicked him off. This worked for Sierra and Foundation for many years.. The last 3-4 have been rough with Sierra sales but we carried him as long as we possibly could. Sierra is also upset that we can only offer to promote him if the demand is there. If any shop or distro that really wants a certain number of Sierra boards we told him we would print them up and pay him on those sold... Once again Sierra was bummed. We are bummed. We don't want to see a guy we have put years of marketing into die off.. People lose interest, the riders slow down with age... Pro skateboarding does not last forever. Some have longer careers than others. We have shown the love back this entire time for Sierra. Richie Jackson is his bro. Richie and I have never met but what he sent over last night was him sticking up for his bro which I back but Richie does not know me or my position or side of the story. Nothing but the best for Sierra Fellers, He's a super talented skateboarder....

[close]

My only question is do you think that Sierra's lack of selling product came from kids not being interested in him any more, or that you guys at tumyeto stopped giving him the same marketing as you were and his lack of sales resulted in that? I could see how people might feel like you guys fuck people over if you guys just put all your marketing into the new kids you have now instead of continuing to push for Sierra while promoting this kids.
Because it seems to me that it would be easy for a company to just stop promoting their rider that they don't want and then use the lack of sales from the lack of promotion to give them the boot.

I was curious about that too. Isn't it counterproductive to stop promoting a rider when his sales are down? Or is it a throwing good money after bad situation, where it's already concluded the end is near?

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #127 on: April 24, 2014, 08:02:47 AM »
Haven't really followed Foundation since this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Bfa_4boDRQ
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #128 on: April 24, 2014, 08:03:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Sierra Fellers.... I had to let Sierra go. Why? Bottom line is that Sierra was not selling any product for Foundation. I'm not in sales but I do get a budget to work with that comes from sales. Does Tum Yeto dislike Sierra? No we put him on the team and gave him a shot after Mystery kicked him off. This worked for Sierra and Foundation for many years.. The last 3-4 have been rough with Sierra sales but we carried him as long as we possibly could. Sierra is also upset that we can only offer to promote him if the demand is there. If any shop or distro that really wants a certain number of Sierra boards we told him we would print them up and pay him on those sold... Once again Sierra was bummed. We are bummed. We don't want to see a guy we have put years of marketing into die off.. People lose interest, the riders slow down with age... Pro skateboarding does not last forever. Some have longer careers than others. We have shown the love back this entire time for Sierra. Richie Jackson is his bro. Richie and I have never met but what he sent over last night was him sticking up for his bro which I back but Richie does not know me or my position or side of the story. Nothing but the best for Sierra Fellers, He's a super talented skateboarder....

[close]

My only question is do you think that Sierra's lack of selling product came from kids not being interested in him any more, or that you guys at tumyeto stopped giving him the same marketing as you were and his lack of sales resulted in that? I could see how people might feel like you guys fuck people over if you guys just put all your marketing into the new kids you have now instead of continuing to push for Sierra while promoting this kids.
Because it seems to me that it would be easy for a company to just stop promoting their rider that they don't want and then use the lack of sales from the lack of promotion to give them the boot.
[close]

I was curious about that too. Isn't it counterproductive to stop promoting a rider when his sales are down? Or is it a throwing good money after bad situation, where it's already concluded the end is near?

From a business perspective I would see skaters as a high risk deprecating commodity with big gains in the short term followed by a plateau until eventual deprecation.  I wouldn't pump new money at an investment that stagnated. especially if it's more than it's brining in. Like all rules this has obvious exceptions but for every cardiel or koston there are 50 Spanky's
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
« Reply #129 on: April 24, 2014, 08:48:54 AM »
Aw don't take it down Mike.

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -360
« Reply #130 on: April 24, 2014, 08:57:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Sierra has got to be the most bland boring person on a skateboard, id drop him too

Now hes gone give Taylor Smith a board

This Aus Foundation riders pretty good, especially the last minute

www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqoMXafstN0

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqwEhFi478E
[close]

Is this a post to try and get Sinclair to to take notice of this guy?

That Snapper guy is horrible to watch. No different to a thousand other kids who are flowed.

Not surprised to hear that about Fellars/Murphy.

Gotta agree, style was kinda rough to watch which is why I only stuck around for about 15-20 seconds of the first part

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #131 on: April 24, 2014, 09:13:22 AM »

? What he say?
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

SHARPSHOOTER

« Reply #132 on: April 24, 2014, 09:39:02 AM »
So does this mean there are 2 open roster spots on Foundation? PM me if you need a guy that's 100% foundation
Tracer for Foundation. Also, fucking Christians are weird. Jesus came inside me and I gave my life to him"

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #133 on: April 24, 2014, 09:44:22 AM »
Murphy and Fellars are great skaters and deserved everything they got out of their careers. Sad to say they are not legends nor do they appeal to a niche market (ie leo valles,) and just like in other professional "sports" ( i use that term loosely) you get a solid ten year run and then its time to move on with your life.

With that said at the end of careers such as hosoi and grosso no one really paid them any mind.. some jail time and a little rehab later they are back and everyone loves them.. who knows what the future holds.

I agree. Also they entered in skateboarding at an odd time. It's not like they can pull a Gino and just skate and everyone would be happy. Unfortunately they need to progress and sadly the younger generation of kids are shitting on even current pros now. If you don't hang with that and are not exploiting yourself, well you ain't going to sell boards and you are going to get kicked off.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #134 on: April 24, 2014, 09:47:53 AM »
I don't understand the "a skater owned company had to let a few riders go. Fuck them, I'm going corporate," mentality but I often buy ramen at Wal Mart when its on fire sale so whatever gets your goat I guess.

LifeHammered

• Rep: 53
« Reply #135 on: April 24, 2014, 10:27:36 AM »
Ace Hardware or any other non skateshop having a certain company's product really has nothing to do with that company. Anybody can buy boards from a distributor and re-sell them.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #136 on: April 24, 2014, 10:50:46 AM »
Expand Quote
why dont more "pros" take marketing into their own hands?..
[close]

That is what I am saying. They can find some photographers that would shoot for cheap. Hell, even I would shoot some photos for free just for the practice. If the photo, footage or whatever was rad, I am sure their companies would put it up.

This. All of this. But it's always someone else's fault...it's always easier to blame everyone but who is in the mirror. No one really wants to put in the work. There are so many ways for pros and companies to make it happen on a grass roots level and create for themselves. The technology, social media and access to more resources are leveling the playing field. But nah...get your name on a board and pile out. But hey, when a pro fails or gets the boot it's always the big bad company's fault. Fuck off.

Fuck off to these "pros". Boo fucking hoo you lost your job because you couldn't maintain and couldn't figure out how to sustain. A bullshit song and dance and some of the lemmings in this thread that eat it up. Pick up a newspaper, millions of Americans are losing their jobs daily. You aren't special because you flip a skateboard.

UL8

• Rep: 29
« Reply #137 on: April 24, 2014, 10:53:17 AM »
I don't give a fuck about Sierra or... anyone else on Foundation. �Hell, when you say Dan didn't fit on Foundation... �Who the fuck does? �Don't know what Foundation's image is other than a place for white dudes who say the n word and dudes kicked off black box. �I think it's even funny when that dude posted the names of the dudes who were suppose to be Foundation's future, he wasn't even sure if he was getting the names right... �But, saying Dan didn't produce is bullshit. �He had the part in that horrible foundation video, he had fucking amazing shit in that independent video where he shared a part with Dave Bachinsky. �And just recently in that dope post22 vid that was on Transworld. �I see that dude constantly in the streets getting it in NC.(Maybe that's the real problem?) Talking all this cacka homie shit, but only time I've seen you in the streets your choking on some bojangles yellin at dudes from the back of a van. �Honestly I don't give 1 fuck about NC and am just buying my time in University here, but you gotta be kidding yourself if you think you can remain all "cacka" after some bullshit like this. �Dan isn't even from NC and I can tell you the streets got his back more than yours. �I think he just did like a NC local charity demo with Justin Brock too. �You want to tell him to get a real job? �Look at yourself. �If you think being a TM is real job you're fucking kidding yourself. �And like the dude said earlier, haven't you proven yourself to be horrible at it by now?

Bachinsky and Murphy in "Natural Selection"
Film & Destroy - North Carolina Skateboarding FULL VIDEO

Ryan Spencer - Foundation WTF!

Taylor Smith - Foundation WTF! - Video Part.

Pretty sure Jamie Thomas would be chomping at the bit to get either of these two dudes. Foundation isn't the greatest thing in skating, but I think Ryan Spencer is one of the better new dudes out.

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #138 on: April 24, 2014, 11:23:44 AM »
Well, nobody was coming out of that silly "Instabeef" smelling like roses

« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 11:31:50 AM by able »
ableSkateMag.com

Early Hokus Pokus

• Rep: -59
« Reply #139 on: April 24, 2014, 11:29:30 AM »
Id rather rep ace hardware than diamond hardware

Enjoi San Jose

• Rep: -38

Aidan Clarke

• Rep: -122
« Reply #141 on: April 24, 2014, 01:41:51 PM »
wow, real shit 101. �pro skaters take note. �do your job so you can keep getting paid. �gone are the days being known off of a 4yo part. �it's like you have to create an image and brand around yourself to be relevant these days. �no more being the introspective skater that you had to chase to get coverage. �as much as i hate nyjah and his cheese crackers, he's out there whoring himself so he can keep getting paid(not justifying it at all btw). �it's like the 1% economy in skating now.�

never liked how tumyeto 'seemingly' runs their business, but sinclair is correct in this instance. �he's been known for being a harsh dude, but i doubt he's been unfair. �if those guys really want it, there's always gonna be a way to stick around in the greater scheme of skateboarding. �good to hear both sides of the story in this inflammatory internet age. �

also, it' been a min since i've bought anything tum yeto related, so sorry fellers and murphy for not supporting you guys.�

I always get a chuckle outta this vid tho.�

Sierra Fellers

"I asked Jesus to cum inside me" - Sierra fellers
#crackkka

BBM: 79DEA941, fuck with me sheffledge

lalala

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 13

gripping the dick like a church girl giving her first hand job
head of the dick gonna be purple like my uncles face when he hung himself

slappyslap

• Rep: -31
« Reply #143 on: April 25, 2014, 06:55:00 AM »
Sierra Fellers is going to stereo...

Coconut Lotion

« Reply #144 on: April 25, 2014, 07:53:03 AM »
which one of you is youngpepperoni?

Thats me, kid

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #145 on: April 25, 2014, 09:16:55 AM »
Not renewing contracts with skateboarders who are not relevant anymore and who don't help you sell the product you are endorsing them to sell is not "fucking someone over" it's called "good business practices". Being a pro skateboarder is a job kids, if you aren't cutting it at your job you get fired, especially these days when companies are hurting and new kids are coming up. Sinclair cut his own homie Dan Murphy who in my opinion should've never been put on Foundation in the first place as he never helped the brand, so I doubt it was anything personal. Business is business, if you don't like it skate for fun and don't expect anything out of it and you'll be fine. Foundation had it's time back in the 'Art Bars' days and Sinclair wouldn't be doing his job if he wasnt constantly trying to get it back to where it once was, I'm not even saying that's possible but he's obviously trying...

Richie is sticking up for his boy, nothing wrong with that either I would probably do the same in his position. However he's lying to himself if he thinks Sierra was doing anything to help Foundation anymore by being a paid professional skateboarder. Truth hurts sometimes, I wish all parties the best. I hope Sierra still enjoys skateboarding and perhaps finds a new sponsor that better suits him and I hope Foundation can one day get back to where it once was, let me tell you they've got a lot more to do than cutting Sierra and Murphy though...

I dont see another board company picking up sierra fellers, not a company worth a damn anyway.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Irrelevant

• Rep: 5
« Reply #146 on: April 25, 2014, 09:29:28 AM »
Sierra later little feller

Hairy Ballsagna

• Rep: 32
« Reply #147 on: April 25, 2014, 09:37:47 AM »
Arrivamurphy Dan
ADanios amurphygos
See you later Dan Murphygator

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #148 on: April 25, 2014, 09:45:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Not renewing contracts with skateboarders who are not relevant anymore and who don't help you sell the product you are endorsing them to sell is not "fucking someone over" it's called "good business practices". Being a pro skateboarder is a job kids, if you aren't cutting it at your job you get fired, especially these days when companies are hurting and new kids are coming up. Sinclair cut his own homie Dan Murphy who in my opinion should've never been put on Foundation in the first place as he never helped the brand, so I doubt it was anything personal. Business is business, if you don't like it skate for fun and don't expect anything out of it and you'll be fine. Foundation had it's time back in the 'Art Bars' days and Sinclair wouldn't be doing his job if he wasnt constantly trying to get it back to where it once was, I'm not even saying that's possible but he's obviously trying...

Richie is sticking up for his boy, nothing wrong with that either I would probably do the same in his position. However he's lying to himself if he thinks Sierra was doing anything to help Foundation anymore by being a paid professional skateboarder. Truth hurts sometimes, I wish all parties the best. I hope Sierra still enjoys skateboarding and perhaps finds a new sponsor that better suits him and I hope Foundation can one day get back to where it once was, let me tell you they've got a lot more to do than cutting Sierra and Murphy though...
[close]

I dont see another board company picking up sierra fellers, not a company worth a damn anyway.

Stereo ?

Mr. Fink

« Reply #149 on: April 25, 2014, 09:47:51 AM »
He could have been one of the top pros out there...but Sierra Mist his chance.