Author Topic: Richie Jackson and Mike Sinclair drama  (Read 64673 times)

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
Re: Richie Jackson and Mike Sinclair drama
« Reply #150 on: April 25, 2014, 09:59:51 AM »
He could have been one of the top pros out there...but Sierra Mist his chance.

Thread's over, guys. Go home.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #151 on: April 25, 2014, 10:01:44 AM »
HAHAHAHA!!!!
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

dillanharp

« Reply #152 on: April 25, 2014, 10:16:35 AM »
Isn't each Ace Hardware independently owned? Support your local Ace.

duffmanshredder

• Rep: 16
« Reply #153 on: April 25, 2014, 10:21:48 AM »
Oh how the mighty have Feller.
it's not fantasizing if it really happened.  your gay as fuck for even thinkin about them havin sex u fagit

Aidan Clarke

• Rep: -122
« Reply #154 on: April 25, 2014, 10:26:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Not renewing contracts with skateboarders who are not relevant anymore and who don't help you sell the product you are endorsing them to sell is not "fucking someone over" it's called "good business practices". Being a pro skateboarder is a job kids, if you aren't cutting it at your job you get fired, especially these days when companies are hurting and new kids are coming up. Sinclair cut his own homie Dan Murphy who in my opinion should've never been put on Foundation in the first place as he never helped the brand, so I doubt it was anything personal. Business is business, if you don't like it skate for fun and don't expect anything out of it and you'll be fine. Foundation had it's time back in the 'Art Bars' days and Sinclair wouldn't be doing his job if he wasnt constantly trying to get it back to where it once was, I'm not even saying that's possible but he's obviously trying...

Richie is sticking up for his boy, nothing wrong with that either I would probably do the same in his position. However he's lying to himself if he thinks Sierra was doing anything to help Foundation anymore by being a paid professional skateboarder. Truth hurts sometimes, I wish all parties the best. I hope Sierra still enjoys skateboarding and perhaps finds a new sponsor that better suits him and I hope Foundation can one day get back to where it once was, let me tell you they've got a lot more to do than cutting Sierra and Murphy though...
[close]

I dont see another board company picking up sierra fellers, not a company worth a damn anyway.
[close]

Stereo ?

More like some Christian theme board company with Brian sumner and josh kasper
#crackkka

BBM: 79DEA941, fuck with me sheffledge

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #155 on: April 25, 2014, 10:32:08 AM »
Quote from: Irrelevant  link=topic=77646.msg2132278#msg2132278 date=1398443368
Sierra later little feller

Chris Hansen is back

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 780
« Reply #156 on: April 25, 2014, 10:42:46 AM »
Holy shit.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #157 on: April 25, 2014, 10:50:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
why dont more "pros" take marketing into their own hands?..
[close]

That is what I am saying. They can find some photographers that would shoot for cheap. Hell, even I would shoot some photos for free just for the practice. If the photo, footage or whatever was rad, I am sure their companies would put it up.
[close]

This. All of this. But it's always someone else's fault...it's always easier to blame everyone but who is in the mirror. No one really wants to put in the work. There are so many ways for pros and companies to make it happen on a grass roots level and create for themselves. The technology, social media and access to more resources are leveling the playing field. But nah...get your name on a board and pile out. But hey, when a pro fails or gets the boot it's always the big bad company's fault. Fuck off.

Fuck off to these "pros". Boo fucking hoo you lost your job because you couldn't maintain and couldn't figure out how to sustain. A bullshit song and dance and some of the lemmings in this thread that eat it up. Pick up a newspaper, millions of Americans are losing their jobs daily. You aren't special because you flip a skateboard.

bingo! i totally agree with this.  its up to the skateboarder to take things into his own hands when it comes to marketing himself when you feel things aren't going right.  fools bitch and complain about having control but don't realize it comes with work.  Manny santiago is a prime example of taking things into your own hands.  I'm sure some of the brands didn't care to promote him but once he worked hard for his following of kids brands took notice.  I don't think I've really seen sierra really go hard in marketing himself well.  Yeah he's a amazing skateboarder and great guy but you hear nothing from that dude i forgot he was on foundation for a bit.  i had to +1 you forsure

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #158 on: April 25, 2014, 11:10:18 AM »
Ritchies plan worked to perfection. 6 page thread about him and his best friend Sierra Fellers, say what you want about Ritchie but he knows to how to work the industry.

Sierrra just got dropped and somehow he's relevent again, in part thanks to RJ's tweets

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #159 on: April 25, 2014, 11:44:00 AM »
while you may think Manny is smart for marketing himself, it can become detrimental.  Manny OVER-promotes himself.  And his self-promotion may have given him a lot kids "following" him, it certainly hasn't gotten him any legit sponsors.  he has no shoe sponsor, rides for Ammo, Tensor, is no longer on Famous, and presents himself like he's the poor man's P-Rod.  His self-promotion really hasn't dont shit for him.
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

doublesteveburger

« Reply #160 on: April 25, 2014, 11:45:20 AM »
sierra will land himself on ramshackle and there will probably be two page thread about it.

Aidan Clarke

« Reply #161 on: April 25, 2014, 12:02:27 PM »
while you may think Manny is smart for marketing himself, it can become detrimental.  Manny OVER-promotes himself.  And his self-promotion may have given him a lot kids "following" him, it certainly hasn't gotten him any legit sponsors.  he has no shoe sponsor, rides for Ammo, Tensor, is no longer on Famous, and presents himself like he's the poor man's P-Rod.  His self-promotion really hasn't dont shit for him.

You have to give it to him though, he wouldn't have made it as far as he has without Spanish mike tv and the rest of his friends pushing him independently. His generic poor man's p rod/ rodrigo tx style alone wouldn't have gotten him where he is now.

Alex Olson is another one. His company is basically tumblr/ instagram skateboards, Idk if people would embrace him as much if he wasn't answering fans questions on social media and being easily accessible. Gino should take note.
#crackkka

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #162 on: April 25, 2014, 12:03:59 PM »
while you may think Manny is smart for marketing himself, it can become detrimental.� Manny OVER-promotes himself.� And his self-promotion may have given him a lot kids "following" him, it certainly hasn't gotten him any legit sponsors.� he has no shoe sponsor, rides for Ammo, Tensor, is no longer on Famous, and presents himself like he's the poor man's P-Rod.� His self-promotion really hasn't dont shit for him.

Honestly considering, I think he's got a decent amount of sponsors for a skater like himself. I mean Manny is good, but I'd be surprised if any of the legit sponsors would want him on their team. At least he's got Rockstar money.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #163 on: April 25, 2014, 12:13:50 PM »
Richie if you don't change your username and avatar photo to Cyrus Manly, you're the faggot.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #164 on: April 25, 2014, 12:14:15 PM »
Expand Quote
while you may think Manny is smart for marketing himself, it can become detrimental.� Manny OVER-promotes himself.� And his self-promotion may have given him a lot kids "following" him, it certainly hasn't gotten him any legit sponsors.� he has no shoe sponsor, rides for Ammo, Tensor, is no longer on Famous, and presents himself like he's the poor man's P-Rod.� His self-promotion really hasn't dont shit for him.
[close]

Honestly considering, I think he's got a decent amount of sponsors for a skater like himself. I mean Manny is good, but I'd be surprised if any of the legit sponsors would want him on their team. At least he's got Rockstar money.

yeah, but look at him compared to anyone else in those big contests he skates in.  he's got garbage sponsors compared to everyone else and will NEVER be what any of those other SL'ers will be and it's all he WANTS to be.  and I think companies stay away from him because he does TOO MUCH self promotion.  you ever see an ammo ad with manny?  you ever see anything from Flat Fitty or whatever that stupid hat co is?  you ever see any shoe companies promoting him?  it's like the Law of Diminishing Returns.  The more you keep putting into something, the less you are going to get out of it.  
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #165 on: April 25, 2014, 12:30:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

yeah, but look at him compared to anyone else in those big contests he skates in.  he's got garbage sponsors compared to everyone else and will NEVER be what any of those other SL'ers will be and it's all he WANTS to be.  and I think companies stay away from him because he does TOO MUCH self promotion.  you ever see an ammo ad with manny?  you ever see anything from Flat Fitty or whatever that stupid hat co is?  you ever see any shoe companies promoting him?  it's like the Law of Diminishing Returns.  The more you keep putting into something, the less you are going to get out of it.  

i know his over promotion is irritating too but i don't think at all he's struggling and that over promotion helped i don't think its detrimental.  Yeah he's not on famous but he's on ecko so the money is still there not to mention I'm sure he's getting good checks from rockstar, tensor for sure is giving out checks to him otherwise he would've of kept riding ventures or something. (a sales rep buddy told me they're getting paid when i was at the skate shop) royalties off of diamond/grizzly grip products of his branding that sell is a beautiful thing for him I'm sure along with those other random sponsors like flat fifty, ion etc.  Just think if he didn't over promote and line himself up with high caliber dudes would any of these people come knocking at his door? he always been either on shitty sponsors or in between(flow) with good ones so he's smart with taking what he can get.  Yeah he aint top tier per say like a nike or dc dude but he's doing better than the shortys or think days money wise.

side note:his style might be weird but i still think this is cool....
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 12:33:30 PM by Aatila »

Aidan Clarke

« Reply #166 on: April 25, 2014, 12:33:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It isn't because of the self promotion itself.

It's because he is not marketable, bland style with a generic contest trick selection with zero personality.off the board means he isn't moving units with his name off it. If he changed all of that, and then plugged himself into his self promotion machine, he'd be beast. He better go broadside some water ledges and pick up a dope habit or something. Maybe skate a slide and give interviews about how he wouldn't like your company anyway...
#crackkka

Oprah Winfrey

« Reply #167 on: April 25, 2014, 01:56:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

i know his over promotion is irritating too but i don't think at all he's struggling and that over promotion helped i don't think its detrimental.  Yeah he's not on famous but he's on ecko so the money is still there not to mention I'm sure he's getting good checks from rockstar, tensor for sure is giving out checks to him otherwise he would've of kept riding ventures or something. (a sales rep buddy told me they're getting paid when i was at the skate shop) royalties off of diamond/grizzly grip products of his branding that sell is a beautiful thing for him I'm sure along with those other random sponsors like flat fifty, ion etc.  Just think if he didn't over promote and line himself up with high caliber dudes would any of these people come knocking at his door? he always been either on shitty sponsors or in between(flow) with good ones so he's smart with taking what he can get.  Yeah he aint top tier per say like a nike or dc dude but he's doing better than the shortys or think days money wise.

his style evokes the perfect blend of person butt and midget..

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #168 on: April 25, 2014, 03:40:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

his style evokes the perfect blend of person butt and midget..

I can't stand that MSA bullshit he forces on everything. Why would you give yourself a nickname and refer to yourself in third person. Also that shit he does sometimes where he posts himself wearing SB's and asking his fans if he should be on Nike will never get him on Nike. He should get on Airspeed or NSS. That was harsh but it's the truth.
                                                                                                                     - sb

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #169 on: April 25, 2014, 03:53:35 PM »
Didn't somebody from foundation kick off Matt Allen and call him "Fat Allen" and shit? I always found him boring as shit, but still, you guys are the ones who picked him up, if it didn't work out, at least be respectable. To whoever said "business is business" is kind of right, because people who run solid businesses don't kick people while they are down, and if they have to fire somebody, try to do it in the most tactful way possible.

And the reason foundation doesn't have any real stars is because they have a long tradition of finding rippers who leave for a different company once they have the opportunity to. I can't claim to know why it happens, but it regularly does- from Ronnie Creager to Leo Romero, foundation can not seem to be able to keep people around. It doesn't seem like a great company to work for.

Also, the foundation team hasn't really had anybody worth noticing for a while. They were amazing in the 90's. Maybe they should call the team manager a loser and tell him to get a real job...

Anyway, can we get back to Sierra mist puns and pictures of Ned Flanders portraying richie jackson?
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

shark tits

« Reply #170 on: April 25, 2014, 04:05:19 PM »
foundations' image has changed from when they were cool [josh beagle/heath and them] to when they were almost cool [ethan fowler then corey duffel] to whatever they are today but their attitude to people they kick off is refreshingly the same. didn't they kick dan dribble off via ad? then they replaced tony desilva w/ tony silva. swank seems like an asshole but a funny asshole and to me that counts for something.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #171 on: April 25, 2014, 04:53:35 PM »
Manny's self promotion while not getting him legit sponsors, but has gotten him money. He has Rockstar which i'm sure pay him more than well and he's now in street league which can make you at a minimum 10 to 20k a year.

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #172 on: April 25, 2014, 06:08:50 PM »
Can someone explain to me the difference between a Sierra Fellers and a Josiah Gatlyn?

I don't remember this part, but apparently it came out just last year:

Sierra Fellers: WIld Power

Always loved Murphy too.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

clemsausage

• Rep: 23
  • Recordings of Boardings
    • Recordings of Boardings avatar image
« Reply #173 on: April 25, 2014, 07:36:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Not renewing contracts with skateboarders who are not relevant anymore and who don't help you sell the product you are endorsing them to sell is not "fucking someone over" it's called "good business practices". Being a pro skateboarder is a job kids, if you aren't cutting it at your job you get fired, especially these days when companies are hurting and new kids are coming up. Sinclair cut his own homie Dan Murphy who in my opinion should've never been put on Foundation in the first place as he never helped the brand, so I doubt it was anything personal. Business is business, if you don't like it skate for fun and don't expect anything out of it and you'll be fine. Foundation had it's time back in the 'Art Bars' days and Sinclair wouldn't be doing his job if he wasnt constantly trying to get it back to where it once was, I'm not even saying that's possible but he's obviously trying...

Richie is sticking up for his boy, nothing wrong with that either I would probably do the same in his position. However he's lying to himself if he thinks Sierra was doing anything to help Foundation anymore by being a paid professional skateboarder. Truth hurts sometimes, I wish all parties the best. I hope Sierra still enjoys skateboarding and perhaps finds a new sponsor that better suits him and I hope Foundation can one day get back to where it once was, let me tell you they've got a lot more to do than cutting Sierra and Murphy though...
[close]

All of this makes complete sense: BUT: Sinclair posted that photo in an effort to attack these dudes personally, not explain his business endeavors. If you're going to kick people off to better the company, so be it, but this was a passive aggressive way to give a public 'fuck you' to dudes he had on the team.

So what do you interpret this as: http://instagram.com/p/nB9bDpnGBl/

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #174 on: April 25, 2014, 07:49:46 PM »

[/quote]

So what do you interpret this as: http://instagram.com/p/nB9bDpnGBl/
[/quote]

Talk about posting a fit.
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -360
« Reply #175 on: April 25, 2014, 07:51:03 PM »
Can someone explain to me the difference between a Sierra Fellers and a Josiah Gatlyn?

Always loved Murphy too.

Big ass difference in their skating but image wise they're about the same. This part was sick though. Nollie heel fs noselide whirly bird out was dopeeee.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #176 on: April 25, 2014, 08:34:20 PM »

Always loved Murphy too.

The difference is that josiah gatlyn is enjoyable to watch skate.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Leifkennedy

« Reply #177 on: April 25, 2014, 08:59:14 PM »
Omg Jason parks

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #178 on: April 25, 2014, 10:07:38 PM »
Fuck anyone who mistreats Omar!
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #179 on: April 25, 2014, 10:09:26 PM »
Followed foundation all the way up til That's Life and Cataclysmic Abyss. After that I slowly forgot that they were still around.