Author Topic: Richie Jackson and Mike Sinclair drama  (Read 64658 times)

Tracer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Re: Richie Jackson and Mike Sinclair drama
« Reply #180 on: April 25, 2014, 10:15:34 PM »
If you're going to talk shit, do it face to face. These twitter arguments make no sense except for attention whoring (im sure the kids love it)

Over 15K you can afford to fly someone out and fight them. Sick of this childish emo bickering on twitter. YOU'RE AN ADULT START ACTING LIKE ONE

Stanley Spadowski

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
  • Can I still be the janitor?
« Reply #181 on: April 25, 2014, 10:25:41 PM »
Followed foundation all the way up til That's Life and Cataclysmic Abyss. After that I slowly forgot that they were still around.
Haha! I read this and thought the same thing.
"These floors are dirty as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more!"

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #182 on: April 25, 2014, 10:27:57 PM »
Was Fellers ever on Mystery? If not I could totally see him there, but part of me wants to say he used to ride for them.

cuntzilla

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -63
« Reply #183 on: April 25, 2014, 11:11:32 PM »
Was Fellers ever on Mystery? If not I could totally see him there, but part of me wants to say he used to ride for them.
you are correct.
I don't rollerblade, I play ROLLER HOCKEY! I've been kicking haters like you to the curb forever

greenmilktea

• Rep: -10
« Reply #184 on: April 25, 2014, 11:13:46 PM »
the mystery section of new blood was the best thing mystery ever did

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #185 on: April 26, 2014, 01:51:12 AM »
Expand Quote
still dont know why ace fucking hardware selling boards hasn't been discussed more. does that make sense to the people at ace hardware even? regardless i think yum-yeto should scrap everything but toy machine and pig rails.
[close]

I'm willing to bet it was an ACE hardware that went out of business and the skateshop that took over just kept the signs.  
i cant believe it took 4 fucking pages for someone to even consider this, damn some of you fools are idiots (the people who kept asking "why is ACE selling boards?" "nobody is talking about ACE selling skateboards?") and yes i just made it that clear because you are dumb. also, i always thought sierra fellers style sucked, i think he had a good heelflip but cant remember cause i always avoided his footage. who gives a shit. chad fernandez.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

nylin

« Reply #186 on: April 26, 2014, 03:04:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Can someone explain to me the difference between a Sierra Fellers and a Josiah Gatlyn?

I don't remember this part, but apparently it came out just last year:

Sierra Fellers: WIld Power

Always loved Murphy too.
[close]

The difference is that josiah gatlyn is enjoyable to watch skate.

Wow that is false.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #187 on: April 26, 2014, 04:47:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Can someone explain to me the difference between a Sierra Fellers and a Josiah Gatlyn?

Always loved Murphy too.
[close]

[close]

Wow that is false.

Prefer his footage over sierra fellers, one of the most boring pros, up their with malto.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #188 on: April 26, 2014, 07:25:04 AM »
If you're going to talk shit, do it face to face. These twitter arguments make no sense except for attention whoring (im sure the kids love it)

Over 15K you can afford to fly someone out and fight them. Sick of this childish emo bickering on twitter. YOU'RE AN ADULT START ACTING LIKE ONE

This is what adults do.  Tracer is an adult and this is what he does.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

railchomper420

• Rep: -35
« Reply #189 on: April 26, 2014, 10:08:53 AM »
way more stoked on sinclair and richie now, obvioulsly real people and they shared some light in/on our culture

i back um  ;D

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #190 on: April 26, 2014, 10:13:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
still dont know why ace fucking hardware selling boards hasn't been discussed more. does that make sense to the people at ace hardware even? regardless i think yum-yeto should scrap everything but toy machine and pig rails.
[close]

I'm willing to bet it was an ACE hardware that went out of business and the skateshop that took over just kept the signs. �
[close]
i cant believe it took 4 fucking pages for someone to even consider this, damn some of you fools are idiots (the people who kept asking "why is ACE selling boards?" "nobody is talking about ACE selling skateboards?") and yes i just made it that clear because you are dumb. also, i always thought sierra fellers style sucked, i think he had a good heelflip but cant remember cause i always avoided his footage. who gives a shit. chad fernandez.

You know why "it took 4 fucking pages for someone to even consider this"? BECAUSE NOBODY GIVES A SHIT. Why do you care you dork?

Followed foundation all the way up til That's Life and Cataclysmic Abyss. After that I slowly forgot that they were still around.
That's around when Sinclair took over right? Yeah, pretty much everybody stopped paying attention to foundation around then. While Sinclair kicks off dudes HE THOUGHT SHOULD RIDE FOR FOUNDATION IN THE FIRST PLACE, the real problem aren't the skaters, its CLEARLY the shittiest TM in skateboarding. The dude can't put a team together, keep a team together, or make anybody care about his shitty team, despite the fact that people used to before he took over.
He clearly has buddies inside of the industry, which is why he gets interviews and to do shit at Tampa Am, but if the people at foundation would just step away from their friendship with the loser, I'm sure they'd realize he is terrible at being a TM.
You know why you have to kick people off who don't sell product Sinclair? Because you don't pick people who will sell product in the first place, and the ones you DID pick up you don't know how to treat, so they ALWAYS leave. Then you treat them like shit in the end like it was their fault you put them on and treated them like garbage. Fucking pathetic.

Seriously foundation, get rid of that Sinclair creep, and bring yourselves back to the glory of the Tentacles of Destruction/Rolling Thunder era. You can do better than that.

And Sinclair, don't worry, I'll address you directly- Get a job you don't suck at you FUCKING LOSER.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #191 on: April 26, 2014, 02:45:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
That's around when Sinclair took over right? Yeah, pretty much everybody stopped paying attention to foundation around then. While Sinclair kicks off dudes HE THOUGHT SHOULD RIDE FOR FOUNDATION IN THE FIRST PLACE, the real problem aren't the skaters, its CLEARLY the shittiest TM in skateboarding. The dude can't put a team together, keep a team together, or make anybody care about his shitty team, despite the fact that people used to before he took over.
He clearly has buddies inside of the industry, which is why he gets interviews and to do shit at Tampa Am, but if the people at foundation would just step away from their friendship with the loser, I'm sure they'd realize he is terrible at being a TM.
You know why you have to kick people off who don't sell product Sinclair? Because you don't pick people who will sell product in the first place, and the ones you DID pick up you don't know how to treat, so they ALWAYS leave. Then you treat them like shit in the end like it was their fault you put them on and treated them like garbage. Fucking pathetic.

Seriously foundation, get rid of that Sinclair creep, and bring yourselves back to the glory of the Tentacles of Destruction/Rolling Thunder era. You can do better than that.

And Sinclair, don't worry, I'll address you directly- Get a job you don't suck at you FUCKING LOSER.

i was hyped to get to the end of the thread so i could reply to it in general, and then you had to add more to it...lol.

are you joking though? foundation is a sinking ship. sinclair spends TONS of time trying to recruit kids to flow boards to and find "that guy" to rebuild the team. they dont have shit for money, so instead of going out of business they get rid of the guys that dont sell shit. this makes perfect sense! they can barely afford to tour so they drive around in his van and stay at flow kids parents house if they have to! of all the TMs ive met he has been by far one of the hardest working. hes out there doing his job man. not to mention nobody else would put up with nick merlino.

the most annoying thing about this thread is that it seems like people feel that these guys are so entitled. a pro skateboarder sells the product. if nobody gives a fuck about you (no matter how good you are) then nobody will buy your stuff and you arent cut out to be a pro skater. boo fucking hoo. those guys can go enter contests and do it that way if they wanna make money off skating, but just because you put out a few good video parts does not mean you "deserve" to ride for a company. i honestly cant tell if half this thread is trolling because of the lack of understanding of things like: job, business, company, profit, salary, payroll, budget.

yukaton

• Rep: 7
« Reply #192 on: April 26, 2014, 03:56:22 PM »
These guys get paid to ride skateboards... and if they are really lucky don't have to get another job for a little while. Your an idiot for thinking it lasts forever or don't need to plan for what comes after. Its amazing how much people get caught up in this and how it comes as a shock when people get let go.

FancyHerling

« Reply #193 on: April 26, 2014, 06:39:19 PM »
No one has acknowledged he's off Circa too, unless I've missed it.  Someone brought up the point that if he can't market himself in this day and age, it's his own problem.  Look at someone like Manny Santiago.  In my opinion, he has the worst sponsors and I still see his skating or whatever all over the place.  Not everyone rides for companies like Nike who can pump so much money into pushing a rider.  Get out there and make it happen or get a more stable job.

cuntzilla

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -63
« Reply #194 on: April 26, 2014, 07:08:22 PM »
No one has acknowledged he's off Circa too, unless I've missed it.  Someone brought up the point that if he can't market himself in this day and age, it's his own problem.  Look at someone like Manny Santiago.  In my opinion, he has the worst sponsors and I still see his skating or whatever all over the place.  Not everyone rides for companies like Nike who can pump so much money into pushing a rider.  Get out there and make it happen or get a more stable job.
Yeah I completely agree. Im sure if he put in the effort then he probably would still be pro. Dane Burman for an example, paid himself to go on Fallen and Zero trips so he could stack coverage, and thats going pretty hardcore. Surely it isn't that hard to find a filmer and a photographer in cali (I'm assuming he's living there like 90% of the skate industry)
I don't rollerblade, I play ROLLER HOCKEY! I've been kicking haters like you to the curb forever

Cactus Cooler

• Rep: 3
« Reply #195 on: April 26, 2014, 09:30:27 PM »
taylor, dakota and ryan spencer are actually 3 kids who people give a shit about...and i dont mean the guys on this message board who are referencing 7-10+ year old videos is the last time they watched anything foundation.

he's got another group of kids that are on their way in reese, joey...and move tre over!
with some art direction tweaks, foundation could easily be everyone's underdog brand with a new vibe of 7-8 guys all pushing themselves at the same time.

he may be harsh, but he does a damn fine job of finding the right kids and giving them opportunity. its up to them how hard they want to work to keep up the job title of professional skateboarder.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
« Reply #196 on: April 27, 2014, 12:36:07 AM »
The Gipper. Killing as always.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #197 on: April 27, 2014, 08:28:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm willing to bet it was an ACE hardware that went out of business and the skateshop that took over just kept the signs. �
[close]
[close]

You know why "it took 4 fucking pages for someone to even consider this"? BECAUSE NOBODY GIVES A SHIT. Why do you care you dork?

I would say the 4-7 posts that directly ask what an Ace Hardware is doing selling decks is a pretty clear sign that people give a shit.  Sure it's not AIDS research or equal rights type of give a shit but doesn't seem necessary to just straight dismiss it.
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
« Reply #198 on: April 27, 2014, 09:04:00 AM »
Somewhat tangential:

Every time I see a Foundation graphic I'm reminded of the company Small Room from way back in the day. Are they related? If memory serves they had a look that was across between Foundation and Blockhead but my brain is old and often times not working properly.

Also, I'm not so much into the inner-industry beef shit, but Richie had a little comedy thing going on and I thought it was hilarious. He really seems to be a bit more intelligent to resort to shit talk.

Last: during the old blank/shop board drama, Swank wanted to talk, so we did... he really came across as a dick.

Regardless, I love Ed and tend to consider Toy Machine 100% of Tum Yeto.

Last last thing, love you Gip!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 09:06:03 AM by grimcity »

Gil

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
« Reply #199 on: April 27, 2014, 09:15:55 AM »
Going into to business with Vallely is the skateboarding equivalent of starting a land war in Asia, just don't.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #200 on: April 27, 2014, 10:30:46 AM »
Somewhat tangential:

Every time I see a Foundation graphic I'm reminded of the company Small Room from way back in the day. Are they related? If memory serves they had a look that was across between Foundation and Blockhead but my brain is old and often times not working properly.

Also, I'm not so much into the inner-industry beef shit, but Richie had a little comedy thing going on and I thought it was hilarious. He really seems to be a bit more intelligent to resort to shit talk.

Last: during the old blank/shop board drama, Swank wanted to talk, so we did... he really came across as a dick.

Regardless, I love Ed and tend to consider Toy Machine 100% of Tum Yeto.

Last last thing, love you Gip!
Hi Grim.

I don't think they were related.  I think Swank went straight from skull skates to doing Foundation.  Small Room was awesome.  To date, I've still had more Small Room boards than Foundations boards, and I don't see that stat ever changing.
I think I still have this t shirt.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #201 on: April 27, 2014, 11:01:54 AM »
Todd Swank's Soul Patch is a good band name.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #202 on: April 27, 2014, 11:11:42 AM »
Remember that one KOTR where Daniel Haney was the mystery guest for foundation and wore a shirt that said "Todd Swank is a butt monkey"?

That was funny.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 378
« Reply #203 on: April 27, 2014, 11:37:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They also release parts for Durrant and Eldridge and those were cool too.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #204 on: April 27, 2014, 11:39:06 AM »
Expand Quote

Always loved Murphy too.
[close]

I've said it before and I'll say it again; Sierra haters are idiots.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #205 on: April 27, 2014, 03:40:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Always loved Murphy too.
[close]

[close]
I've said it before and I'll say it again; Sierra haters are idiots.
you said that like sierra hasnt always been boring as fuck

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #206 on: April 27, 2014, 04:00:55 PM »
The real issue is Tod Swank's soul-patch.
The Tuxedo - Soul Patch

Tay

« Reply #207 on: April 27, 2014, 04:16:22 PM »

Yes! Moby In This World. Great song great skating. God does that bring me back, it's almost been a decade! :)

greenmilktea

• Rep: -10
« Reply #208 on: April 27, 2014, 04:49:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes! Moby In This World. Great song great skating. God does that bring me back, it's almost been a decade! :)

i'm sayin tho, ryan smith's frontside flip up the curb, switch frontside flip down that stair set, such a good line

used to watch that video everyday summer of 2005

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 119
« Reply #209 on: April 27, 2014, 08:24:21 PM »
Mike Sinclair had the worst part in recycled rubbish, i always remebered fast forwarding that one.