Author Topic: Richie Jackson and Mike Sinclair drama  (Read 64678 times)

L33Tg33k

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
Re: Richie Jackson and Mike Sinclair drama
« Reply #210 on: April 27, 2014, 09:16:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Can someone explain to me the difference between a Sierra Fellers and a Josiah Gatlyn?

I don't remember this part, but apparently it came out just last year:

Sierra Fellers: WIld Power

Always loved Murphy too.
[close]

The difference is that josiah gatlyn is enjoyable to watch skate.
[close]
I've said it before and I'll say it again; Sierra haters are idiots.
[close]
you said that like sierra hasnt always been boring as fuck
No, I say that like he does appreciably difficult stunts on his board while looking different than other skaters and yet he does not get credit for it. That Wild Power part is case in point.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Jack Hoffe

« Reply #211 on: April 27, 2014, 10:13:39 PM »
ACE HARDWARE stores are Independently owned and are not required to pay franchise fees like every other company out there, could even be a former pro skater working there! 

come by ACE, where the owner and workers are your neighbors!

ACE IS THE PLACE !

(free grip if you mention SLAP PALS at any SoCal ACE ..house grip not that fancy shit)

GeorgeHanson

« Reply #212 on: April 27, 2014, 11:21:00 PM »
I heard Mike Sinclair and some of the Tum Yeto boys are getting a crew together to "sort out that Richie Jackson nigga."

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #213 on: April 28, 2014, 05:40:45 AM »
Anyone else think it was funny that Sierra, a seemingly wacky Christian, used Benny and the Jets by Elton John in his Wild Power part? Regardless, dude is a sick skater, however, if you're not selling product, what are you being paid for?
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #214 on: April 28, 2014, 07:32:40 AM »
why, because Elton John is gay he's supposed to have some existential crisis with his music or something?

I skated with Sierra a bit when he was a little kid in Pensacola, and he's always been a stand up guy with a good head on his shoulders.  Even as a little kid he had a pretty mature view of religion, and while confident in his own views, never pushed it on anyone else. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

king_in_the_north

• Rep: 27
  • I'm not liquid john
« Reply #215 on: April 28, 2014, 07:49:27 AM »
someone should incorporate that butthole gif into an abdias photoshop
also if you read my whole facebook timeline from back in 2007 then this will also prove that magic is real.

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -222
« Reply #216 on: April 28, 2014, 08:19:40 AM »
Most of you cretins would put Ethan and Rusczyk back on tomorrow if you ran Foundation, so your opinions are invalid.

beazlocal

• Rep: -28
« Reply #217 on: April 28, 2014, 09:27:36 AM »
pretty simple concept, if you're shit doesn't sell, you're no longer needed.

Says nothing about his talent level, plain and simple, nobody gives a shit.

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #218 on: April 28, 2014, 10:31:10 AM »
He should just try to get back on mystery it's not like the team is super stacked right now anyways.

im probably lying

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #219 on: April 28, 2014, 11:02:32 AM »
Anyone else think it was funny that Sierra, a seemingly wacky Christian, used Benny and the Jets by Elton John in his Wild Power part? Regardless, dude is a sick skater, however, if you're not selling product, what are you being paid for?

What do you base this off of?

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #220 on: April 28, 2014, 11:09:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Pretty sure he talked about people being possessed by demons in one interview. I am guessing that is the tip of the iceberg.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #221 on: April 28, 2014, 11:13:19 AM »
Most of you cretins would put Ethan and Rusczyk back on tomorrow if you ran Foundation, so your opinions are invalid.

Fuck you.
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

Jared

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • Die Slow
« Reply #222 on: April 28, 2014, 11:50:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Pretty sure he talked about people being possessed by demons in one interview. I am guessing that is the tip of the iceberg.
No. Pretty sure it was to the effect of "yeah I'm a christian but that doesn't have anything to do with my skating".

harrison ford invented the first car, in America

ChrisSennsGirlfriend

• Rep: 126
« Reply #223 on: April 28, 2014, 12:37:46 PM »
pretty simple concept,

, nobody gives a shit.
Mike Anderson is a small town labor union hottie

railchomper420

• Rep: -35
« Reply #224 on: April 28, 2014, 12:46:54 PM »
for everyone talking shit on sinclair, the Dekline team and brand has come sooo far in the past few years and has one of the sickest teams right now!

GeorgeHanson

« Reply #225 on: April 28, 2014, 01:17:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Have you read the bible? That shit is wacky. Burning bushes talking to people. People coming back from life after death. And then there is this whole ridiculous notion of heaven and hell.

Also he said at age 7 he would give himself to jesus. I know most pro skaters don't progress past the mental age of 7 but choosing your belief system at the ag of 7 seems pretty wacky.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #226 on: April 28, 2014, 06:06:23 PM »

We are past this. We've already gone over it- its not about the fact that they kick people off, its about the fact that they treat people like shit when they do it.

Also, to whoever was saying Sinclair is doing the best he can with a limited budget- its not like foundation is the smallest company out there, or the only small company. Companies like Magenta and Polar are killing it right now, and I guarantee they have a smaller budget.

The fact is, Sinclair is a shitty TM who can't build a team that develops interest, no matter what their budget is. He bases his decisions off of old paradigms that nobody gives a shit about anymore. You got guys that are good at skating nothing but Socal gaps and rails? Wow, that will impress a lot of people if you went back about a decade in a time machine. The whole "rail/gap guy" thing is dead, unless you are the cream of the cream of the crop doing that, nobody gives a shit. Teams that do well understand how to evolve with the times. Sinclair doesn't understand any of that, and keeps putting on talented but dull team members who do nothing for foundation's popularity, then he kicks them off and gives them shit as if when he put them on he should have expected that he had the next Cory Kennedy or something, when he never has, and never does. Its like the dude thinks the '90's never ended. Terrible and shitty TM, and terrible and shitty human being.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

beazlocal

• Rep: -28
« Reply #227 on: April 28, 2014, 06:14:31 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

We are past this. We've already gone over it- its not about the fact that they kick people off, its about the fact that they treat people like shit when they do it.

Also, to whoever was saying Sinclair is doing the best he can with a limited budget- its not like foundation is the smallest company out there, or the only small company. Companies like Magenta and Polar are killing it right now, and I guarantee they have a smaller budget.

The fact is, Sinclair is a shitty TM who can't build a team that develops interest, no matter what their budget is. He bases his decisions off of old paradigms that nobody gives a shit about anymore. You got guys that are good at skating nothing but Socal gaps and rails? Wow, that will impress a lot of people if you went back about a decade in a time machine. The whole "rail/gap guy" thing is dead, unless you are the cream of the cream of the crop doing that, nobody gives a shit. Teams that do well understand how to evolve with the times. Sinclair doesn't understand any of that, and keeps putting on talented but dull team members who do nothing for foundation's popularity, then he kicks them off and gives them shit as if when he put them on he should have expected that he had the next Cory Kennedy or something, when he never has, and never does. Its like the dude thinks the '90's never ended. Terrible and shitty TM, and terrible and shitty human being.

Boo fucking hoo, reality sucks some times, get used to it.

conqueso

« Reply #228 on: April 28, 2014, 06:23:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Actually sinclair knows the industry far better than you and gets paid for it

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • Community Push avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #229 on: April 28, 2014, 06:35:20 PM »
Ryan Spencer is fucking amazing and well-rounded. I like Dakota too, though he's about as "rail guy" as it gets.

I know the answer is probably just "not getting enough returns" but is there more on Abdias getting the boot? Regarding Gipper's beef, Abdias was getting more well-rounded than ever over the last couple years with GX1000.

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -222
« Reply #230 on: April 28, 2014, 06:38:32 PM »
So Magenta and Polar are 'killing it', but they both have a budget smaller than Foundation.

Okay

shit_for_brains

« Reply #231 on: April 28, 2014, 08:15:10 PM »
Ryan Spencer is fucking amazing and well-rounded. I like Dakota too, though he's about as "rail guy" as it gets.

I know the answer is probably just "not getting enough returns" but is there more on Abdias getting the boot? Regarding Gipper's beef, Abdias was getting more well-rounded than ever over the last couple years with GX1000.

Abdias is in his late 20s. Lost cause.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #232 on: April 28, 2014, 08:31:21 PM »
Gip is talking like he has personally known this man for decades. How much can a man really glean about someone else's personality and flaws through heresy about alleged business practices? I would say next to nothing.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

blankbutbranded

• Rep: 137
  • Scut Farkus homebwaye
« Reply #233 on: April 28, 2014, 09:26:12 PM »
FUCK RICHIE JACKSON AND MIKE SINCLAIR.

BOTH POSERS.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #234 on: April 28, 2014, 10:57:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Have you read the bible? That shit is wacky. Burning bushes talking to people. People coming back from life after death. And then there is this whole ridiculous notion of heaven and hell.

Also he said at age 7 he would give himself to jesus. I know most pro skaters don't progress past the mental age of 7 but choosing your belief system at the ag of 7 seems pretty wacky.

I think the only "wacky" thing here is that you're hung up on somebody's beliefs that you don't know which isn't even relevant to the subject matter. There are plenty of illogical things in the world, and if you think all 2.3 billion people in the world that adhere to Christianity are wacky then I pity that bubble you live in.

And no, I'm not religious. Far from it. I'm just not a bigot either.

GeorgeM

• Rep: -12
« Reply #235 on: April 28, 2014, 11:23:38 PM »
Other than Sinclair, I can't name another TM.  I don't like some of the things that he has said, but's he's a character,  Love 'em or hate him, he's good for a laugh, and any pub is good pub.

I have seen more inches dedicated to Merlino's laptop then I have about more talented pro's actual skating.  

Dakota clearly rips.

Duffel is a legend.

I enjoy Foundation, and I think they are a lot more popular than some peeps are giving them credit for.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 10:44:30 AM by GeorgeM »
Tony, do that ollie, you know the one at Del Mar...Ssssiiiiiiccccck. - T. Guerrero, The Search for Animal Chin.

CumOnYourFace

« Reply #236 on: April 29, 2014, 09:45:46 AM »

GeorgeM

• Rep: -12
« Reply #237 on: April 29, 2014, 10:43:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Duffel is a legend.
[close]
???

Ya. I probably should have thought that out a little more.
Tony, do that ollie, you know the one at Del Mar...Ssssiiiiiiccccck. - T. Guerrero, The Search for Animal Chin.

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -360
« Reply #238 on: April 29, 2014, 12:31:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Duffel is a legend icon.
[close]
???
[close]

He really has done some legendary tricks, I think his image speaks louder though and that's what makes him more of an icon than a legend.

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #239 on: April 29, 2014, 12:33:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Duffel is a legend icon.
[close]
???
[close]

[close]

He really has done some legendary tricks, I think his image speaks louder though and that's what makes him more of an icon than a legend.
That Ollie into the freeway ditch is still one of the gnarliest things ever done on a skateboard.

im probably lying