Author Topic: Richie Jackson and Mike Sinclair drama  (Read 64654 times)

SodaJerk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
Re: Richie Jackson and Mike Sinclair drama
« Reply #270 on: May 16, 2014, 04:46:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Get outta here with that Exposure type realisation tortfeasor. What you meant to say was SodaJerk realised that Berra was in the SBBC and you just read about it in the SBBC thread.
[close]
You are about a week late with that "realization" there pal. You can go ahead and get off that pedestal anytime now.

Second post in the original thread:

Expand Quote
#boardbuyerclub
[close]

http://www.slapmagazine.com/component/option,com_jfusion/Itemid,4/index.php?topic=78066.0
Ha, pedestal climbed off. wallieD quick in the game.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #271 on: May 16, 2014, 06:27:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Get outta here with that Exposure type realisation tortfeasor. What you meant to say was SodaJerk realised that Berra was in the SBBC and you just read about it in the SBBC thread.
[close]
You are about a week late with that "realization" there pal. You can go ahead and get off that pedestal anytime now.

Expand Quote
#boardbuyerclub
[close]

http://www.slapmagazine.com/component/option,com_jfusion/Itemid,4/index.php?topic=78066.0
[close]

damn it!  how could i have ever thought i was more observant than two of the omnipotent slap pals.  curse these engrams, ill never go clear.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #272 on: May 16, 2014, 06:59:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
#boardbuyerclub
[close]

[close]

[close]

damn it!  how could i have ever thought i was more observant than two of the omnipotent slap pals.  curse these engrams, ill never go clear.
Nah, you're one of the best tortfeasor. I "exposed" myself and got served. Sorry Slap, sorry.

MarcusCarrHC

• Rep: -3
« Reply #273 on: May 16, 2014, 10:29:07 AM »
I have never met Sinclair but I have dealt with him in the past. He helped me out with Dekline for a brief stint, and I can honestly say he is a good dude. He is VERY fair and honest, he may not be "nice" all day everyday but he keeps shit 100%. Which im sure most of you can appreciate is a trait that would be ideal for an employer/sponsor. Sierra is a good guy and a dope skateboarder, sucks it happened but as stated before Mike has to run a business. A lot of what the pals think about the world of skateboarding on the business side is grossly incorrect. I'm not saying people don't get fucked over in the industry, but of all the brand managers i've dealt with Mike would be least likely to do that. Skateboards in a hardware store is weird..

needlejuice

• Rep: -101
« Reply #274 on: May 19, 2014, 06:57:45 AM »
Not renewing contracts with skateboarders who are not relevant anymore and who don't help you sell the product you are endorsing them to sell is not "fucking someone over" it's called "good business practices". Being a pro skateboarder is a job kids, if you aren't cutting it at your job you get fired, especially these days when companies are hurting and new kids are coming up. Sinclair cut his own homie Dan Murphy who in my opinion should've never been put on Foundation in the first place as he never helped the brand, so I doubt it was anything personal. Business is business, if you don't like it skate for fun and don't expect anything out of it and you'll be fine. Foundation had it's time back in the 'Art Bars' days and Sinclair wouldn't be doing his job if he wasnt constantly trying to get it back to where it once was, I'm not even saying that's possible but he's obviously trying...

Richie is sticking up for his boy, nothing wrong with that either I would probably do the same in his position. However he's lying to himself if he thinks Sierra was doing anything to help Foundation anymore by being a paid professional skateboarder. Truth hurts sometimes, I wish all parties the best. I hope Sierra still enjoys skateboarding and perhaps finds a new sponsor that better suits him and I hope Foundation can one day get back to where it once was, let me tell you they've got a lot more to do than cutting Sierra and Murphy though...

wow no wonder u have so many dislikes..who the fuck doesnt like dan murphy..you obviously havnt seen his east coast video parts, i grew up with him and justin brock in nc who were both coming up as killers, and brock even put his nuts on the line so much more back  then, and murphy is capable of just as much if not more than brock, and brock knows it, i know for a fact he idolizes murphy and justin brock is one of the realest dudes in skating as well, so i duno y im even respondin to this. You obviously havnt seen his numerous east coast parts and prob have just watchd his shit sinice hes been pro, but even if, you are in the fuckin minority on that one, hes easily one of foundations and the industrys most well rounded dudes. go watch him and bachinskys combined par, ur fuckin nuts
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 07:01:05 AM by needlejuice »
try to remember, forget

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #275 on: July 11, 2014, 02:08:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Good Morning SLAP PALS! I know most of you want both sides of the story.. Dan Murphy is / was my great friend. I was the first person to sponsor him and recently I was the last. I helped Dan out as much as I possibly could and paid him longer than any of his other sponsors. When he was kicked off Mystery a few years back, I picked him up gave him a board on Foundation as fast as I possibly could to help him keep him going. Some people liked this move and some hated it. Does Dan Murphy fit Foundation? Nah.. but I backed him and his skating. Everyone that was on the team liked Murphy and he was always fun to be around. When I signed him up I sat him down and explained to him that this would probably only last a couple of years so I wanted to prepare him for life after skating... Dan was in his early 30's then. I made him the best bro deal I could possibly make him for being at a small brand like Foundation. I will pay you and you can live in NC but all I need from you is to provide me with proper footage and get coverage in all the mags. In the meantime you can go back to College (he already has a degree) or start a business of you own to help prepare you for the next chapter in life after skating. Dan filmed a bit had a part in WTF which was rad in my opinion. Dan was plagued with injury after injury which happens... some from skating some from partying...Dan still parties like he is still in college and I still see this as his down fall. I always told Dan even in his Mystery days to "Go back to Flow" The meaning of that is when Dan was on flow he was on fire, he fucking killed it everyday went out but Dan lives 1 block away from his old College campus. Dan loves to party. In the end Dan was not producing as much or well as the other riders, he was only producing on a local level and the local shops could not sell enough or any Dan Murphy boards for us to keep paying him. Does Dan Murphy still have fans... For sure, I'm still a fan. Years have gone by and Dan has had little to no coverage or no supporting sponsors to help him travel or get coverage. Dan's last effort was in "Film & Destory" a local North Carolina video that is rad but is also a board company (Post 22). Dan does not ride for Post 22 or Foundation. Dan recently went over my head and discussed with Swank about how much he has been working lately and that he feels insulted that we could only promote him on a local level. If Dan Murphy was still killing it and his boards were selling I would be giving my bro a high 5! My last words to Dan were.. Get a job you fucking loser. Is that harsh? Yes for sure.. Wishing nothing but the best for Dan and his future. He knows this...

Next up Sierra.. 
[close]
lose some weight  fucking dick, i hope you dont do that shit to mexicans cause you'll get it mijo.
Wow way to take a business decision and turn it into something personal and race-based. I think Sinclair would've said the same thing to Dan if he had been any other race other than white.

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #276 on: July 11, 2014, 02:47:23 PM »
ableSkateMag.com

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #277 on: July 11, 2014, 03:52:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Good Morning SLAP PALS! I know most of you want both sides of the story.. Dan Murphy is / was my great friend. I was the first person to sponsor him and recently I was the last. I helped Dan out as much as I possibly could and paid him longer than any of his other sponsors. When he was kicked off Mystery a few years back, I picked him up gave him a board on Foundation as fast as I possibly could to help him keep him going. Some people liked this move and some hated it. Does Dan Murphy fit Foundation? Nah.. but I backed him and his skating. Everyone that was on the team liked Murphy and he was always fun to be around. When I signed him up I sat him down and explained to him that this would probably only last a couple of years so I wanted to prepare him for life after skating... Dan was in his early 30's then. I made him the best bro deal I could possibly make him for being at a small brand like Foundation. I will pay you and you can live in NC but all I need from you is to provide me with proper footage and get coverage in all the mags. In the meantime you can go back to College (he already has a degree) or start a business of you own to help prepare you for the next chapter in life after skating. Dan filmed a bit had a part in WTF which was rad in my opinion. Dan was plagued with injury after injury which happens... some from skating some from partying...Dan still parties like he is still in college and I still see this as his down fall. I always told Dan even in his Mystery days to "Go back to Flow" The meaning of that is when Dan was on flow he was on fire, he fucking killed it everyday went out but Dan lives 1 block away from his old College campus. Dan loves to party. In the end Dan was not producing as much or well as the other riders, he was only producing on a local level and the local shops could not sell enough or any Dan Murphy boards for us to keep paying him. Does Dan Murphy still have fans... For sure, I'm still a fan. Years have gone by and Dan has had little to no coverage or no supporting sponsors to help him travel or get coverage. Dan's last effort was in "Film & Destory" a local North Carolina video that is rad but is also a board company (Post 22). Dan does not ride for Post 22 or Foundation. Dan recently went over my head and discussed with Swank about how much he has been working lately and that he feels insulted that we could only promote him on a local level. If Dan Murphy was still killing it and his boards were selling I would be giving my bro a high 5! My last words to Dan were.. Get a job you fucking loser. Is that harsh? Yes for sure.. Wishing nothing but the best for Dan and his future. He knows this...

Next up Sierra..�
[close]
lose some weight� fucking dick, i hope you dont do that shit to mexicans cause you'll get it mijo.

I came out to have a good time and I'm honestly feeling so attacked right now
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #278 on: July 11, 2014, 04:22:59 PM »
I wonder what Larry Perkins thinks about all this?

I was waiting for this. Can't believe it took until the second page. "More like Skater of Last Year." Ha.

needlejuice

• Rep: -101
« Reply #279 on: July 12, 2014, 04:39:12 PM »
woah, dan murphy is way underappreciated after reading this. How anybody could think ryan spencer and servold's part in a vid would be more watchable than a dan murphy part boggles my mind.

Maybe it's cuz ive lived in NC for the past 15 years and honestly, ive seen most of his best footage in local videos divided around NC and the east coast. This dude goes so fucking hard and puts his balls on the line more than anyone. i grew up skating with him and justin brock, and while justin stood out a little more, dan murphy was always the one who had more talent and balls, as crazy as that is to say, because i love them both to death and am so happy to see how far they both have come. Taylor smith is the only other dude id prefer over murphy if i were to choose dudes on foundation (which was never a team i was that into in the 1st place) From Carolina love to Yougottagetthat to Whathadhappenwas, murphy killed the east coast harder than most of his profressional career so i can see where theyre coming from in saying he was killing it harder when he was on flow and am. needless to say, the dudes got a psych degree from NC state and is one of the smartest pro's out there along with one of the ballsiest. But yeah he does tend to get himself in trouble. last year he was down in wilm NC and some friends had to carry him to the hospital cause he was talking shit to the wrong guy and got scrapped up bad, i thought he got his kooky eye knockd back into place
try to remember, forget

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #280 on: July 12, 2014, 04:48:16 PM »
What's Dan like in bed though?

Lenny the Fatface

« Reply #281 on: July 17, 2014, 08:00:56 PM »
woah, dan murphy is way underappreciated after reading this. How anybody could think ryan spencer and servold's part in a vid would be more watchable than a dan murphy part boggles my mind.

Maybe it's cuz ive lived in NC for the past 15 years and honestly, ive seen most of his best footage in local videos divided around NC and the east coast. This dude goes so fucking hard and puts his balls on the line more than anyone. i grew up skating with him and justin brock, and while justin stood out a little more, dan murphy was always the one who had more talent and balls, as crazy as that is to say, because i love them both to death and am so happy to see how far they both have come. Taylor smith is the only other dude id prefer over murphy if i were to choose dudes on foundation (which was never a team i was that into in the 1st place) From Carolina love to Yougottagetthat to Whathadhappenwas, murphy killed the east coast harder than most of his profressional career so i can see where theyre coming from in saying he was killing it harder when he was on flow and am. needless to say, the dudes got a psych degree from NC state and is one of the smartest pro's out there along with one of the ballsiest. But yeah he does tend to get himself in trouble. last year he was down in wilm NC and some friends had to carry him to the hospital cause he was talking shit to the wrong guy and got scrapped up bad, i thought he got his kooky eye knockd back into place

Dan Murphy's problem is that he still wears oversized pinwheel fitted hats in 2014.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #282 on: July 17, 2014, 08:06:51 PM »
I can't believe Dan Murphy's career lasted as long as it did.

chenzo

• Rep: -1
« Reply #283 on: November 13, 2014, 03:05:52 PM »
Didn't foundation kick off Gareth Stehr as well as countless others?

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #284 on: November 14, 2014, 07:19:55 AM »
Didn't foundation kick off Gareth Stehr as well as countless others?

no, gareth sther left for plan b.